Sony counters Microsoft's 1-2% Savings Deal w/ $20 PSN Credit

• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

So waste $100 on psn garbage and get another $20 voucher to waste on psn garbage? Oh boy, what a deal.....

#152 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28915 posts) -
[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"] The savings applies to ALL PSN members, not just PSN + members.

ps+ is the biggest sham in the online account gaming industry. Sure it has nice savings but what does it matter because when you lose Ps+, you also lose all the games you bought with ps+. I've got alot of friends that can't play games that they paid for because their Ps+ ran out.

You can keep all the games you bought with the discounts from PS+, what you can't keep is the games they gave you for "free".

yeah I wish people would get that right you keep what you purchase, you dont keep what you get free. and if you resubscribe all that free stuff is back in your history or like me let it sit on your harddrive and when you resubscribe boom it works again.
#153 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="nini200"] ps+ is the biggest sham in the online account gaming industry. Sure it has nice savings but what does it matter because when you lose Ps+, you also lose all the games you bought with ps+. I've got alot of friends that can't play games that they paid for because their Ps+ ran out.

You can keep all the games you bought with the discounts from PS+, what you can't keep is the games they gave you for "free".

yeah I wish people would get that right you keep what you purchase, you dont keep what you get free. and if you resubscribe all that free stuff is back in your history or like me let it sit on your harddrive and when you resubscribe boom it works again.

not entirely true. Some free games you get to keep forever. Hit triangle on the game and go to information. Some games have an expirations dtaes on them (meaning you have to renew plus) BUT some free games have no expiration dates on them (meaning u keep them forever)
#154 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28915 posts) -
[QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="soulitane"] You can keep all the games you bought with the discounts from PS+, what you can't keep is the games they gave you for "free".

not entirely true. Some free games you get to keep forever. Hit triangle on the game and go to information. Some games have an expirations dtaes on them (meaning you have to renew plus) BUT some free games have no expiration dates on them (meaning u keep them forever)

can you qoute said games? i've had ps+ off and on since launch I'll check against my list of downloaded and installed games right now that still say they are active and not expired.
#155 Posted by ujjval16 (1669 posts) -
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]20 bucks?????!! *kids, were eating pizza tonight*

I lol'd. Anyways cool deal I suppose...
#156 Posted by The_Game21x (26362 posts) -

Microsofts deal doesnt require me to spend 100 bucks on games I cant resell.EzcapeTheFate

Well, this is a pretty good point.

Though Microsoft doesn't allow gamers to rent a few games for the life of their membership under the guise of a "free" offer, XBLG has provided me with some pretty good deals over the years. Right now I just got Transformers War for Cybertron for $10 which is about half as cheap as a used physical copy would cost me from Amazon and I might get VF5: Final Showdown for half price.

I'm still looking but honestly, I don't see myself buying $100 worth of stuff on the PSN this month.

#157 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="EzcapeTheFate"]Microsofts deal doesnt require me to spend 100 bucks on games I cant resell. XBOX>PS3. Thank you Microsoft.EzcapeTheFate
Selling your XBL(G) accounts is illegal and you can get banned for it.

Was that a joke or is that your actual argument. Comparing games to a Gaming Account? Cows are getting sad these days with their pathetic excuses. Thank you Microsoft for making cows butthurt for years :cool:

You can't (re)sell your digital games on consoles you idiot. The intelligence of lemmings took a nosedive to not even understand that basic fact.
Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
#158 Posted by todd2r_Partdeux (762 posts) -
Wow what a sweet deal. Sony will give you 20 bucks back after you have it stolen due to identity theft. Thanks Sony. Stay classy.
#159 Posted by The_Game21x (26362 posts) -

[QUOTE="EzcapeTheFate"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Selling your XBL(G) accounts is illegal and you can get banned for it.DrTrafalgarLaw
Was that a joke or is that your actual argument. Comparing games to a Gaming Account? Cows are getting sad these days with their pathetic excuses. Thank you Microsoft for making cows butthurt for years :cool:

You can't (re)sell your digital games on consoles you idiot. The intelligence of lemmings took a nosedive to not even understand that basic fact.

Even as a third party I can tell that he wasn't implying that somehow he could resell his digital content on the 360 as opposed to the PS3. :|

#160 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="EzcapeTheFate"] Was that a joke or is that your actual argument. Comparing games to a Gaming Account? Cows are getting sad these days with their pathetic excuses. Thank you Microsoft for making cows butthurt for years :cool:The_Game21x

Even as a third party I can tell that he wasn't implying that somehow he could resell his digital content on the 360 as opposed to the PS3. :|

I really hope he wasn't implying that, for the sake of gamers in general...
#161 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] yeah I wish people would get that right you keep what you purchase, you dont keep what you get free. and if you resubscribe all that free stuff is back in your history or like me let it sit on your harddrive and when you resubscribe boom it works again.

can you qoute said games? i've had ps+ off and on since launch I'll check against my list of downloaded and installed games right now that still say they are active and not expired.

on my list I have outland , the walking dead , zombie apocalypse , renegade ops , and double dragon neon. Those don't have expiration dates. But then I have games like just cause 2 and farcry2 that do have expiration dates
#162 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28915 posts) -
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="ultraking"]not entirely true. Some free games you get to keep forever. Hit triangle on the game and go to information. Some games have an expirations dtaes on them (meaning you have to renew plus) BUT some free games have no expiration dates on them (meaning u keep them forever)ultraking

on my list I have outland , the walking dead , zombie apocalypse , renegade ops , and double dragon neon. Those don't have expiration dates. But then I have games like just cause 2 and farcry2 that do have expiration dates

I have renegade ops and while yes it has no exp date it also has no date information when I boot it up its the trial version infact any free game you get off ps+ that requires you to download a trial then the full game unlock acts the same way no exp date but when you boot it up its a trial.
#163 Posted by OhSnapitz (19260 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"] So have sony but most discounts apply to all PSN users. On xbox 360many are for XBLG only members. The gamerscore giving discount is a joke,2% off the highest if you meet the right criteria and have live gold.. To Save $20 dollars you would have to spend $1,000 dollars dude,hell is easier to just not pay for XBL for those who meet the criteria,and save those $60 they would be charge is a way bigger saving.tormentos

i admitted in the announcement thread that this is a crap reward although it is obviously better than nothing. I have also said a bunch of times that MS really need to step up with their Deal of the Week, PSN+ is offering better options.

DotW's have been completely useless to me for about a year now since i play new games new and rarely go back to old games. If i had a PS3, i doubt i'd bother with PSN+ though because i play new games when they come out rather than waiting months or years.

though the way things are going with games releasing lots of DLC content even up to a year after release, it might be something i start doing.

Not everything is old,and like the post before this one,VF final showdown was $15 dollars on XBL it was release on june 5 this year,but on PSN+ it was free of charge,and only on PSN if you bought the complete package of customization packs and the game it went for $30,$15 less than on XBL. Hell now you can even save $20 if you buy 2 games,let see you want Assassin Creed 3,and need for speed,and the 2 will cost you $100 dollars,and not the usual $120 if you bough them digital on PSN.

Wow.. M$ must have heard you.. :P. The XBLG deal of the week is on fighting games.. they nearly half'd the price of VFS its 7/8 bucks.. sure its not "free" but its a good incentive for gold members.
#164 Posted by woodyear99 (25 posts) -
If I sign up for cod elite will it count?
#165 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

Meh just seems like promotions MS do when you buy all arcade games in a promotion get one of them free.