vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#1 vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8685 Posts

Even the classic Final Fantasy games appear to be skipping Xbox now (trueachievements.com)

Don't you think it would be nice if Microsoft had the opportunity to do a dirty deal behind a door overseas where the FTC can't as easily observe? This is what Sony does with Square Enix.

Last year they slowly took almost every Square Enix game off of Game Pass, Sony doesn't allow Square to release FFVII: Remake on XBOX because then fans wouldn't have a reason to get a Playstation unless they wanted to be stuck with dull third person popcorn games like Horizon and the Last of Us. It looks like Square is also not releasing Final Fantasy XVI on XBOX, but PC. How surprising. Now to add to that last are all of the OLDER pixel Final Fantasy titles.

Before when XBOX ONE was tanking Sony didn't care if FF was on the machine or not, but now that it's building momentum with Series X|S it seems like a huge issue. The hypocrisy of Sony and their undisclosed deals is getting old, and if Microsoft is indeed sued, I believe they will expose Sony's double standards and Jim Ryan's frivolous lies.

Phil Spencer is 100 percent correct when he says Sony is trying to make XBOX smaller, but thanks oh so very much for Final Fantasy Crisis Core! WOW! Look at us now! You guys are so generous! What a slap to the face.

Sony your time of dominance is coming to an end. I can hear the clock ticking. Tick tock. Tick tock. Censored games around their clock. Tick tock. No more innovations they can afford to steal - because XBOX game pass is a mega deal.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69444 Posts

Silly gamer. When Sony pays third parties to block games from Xbox, it is because they are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts and to benefit gamers through meaningful competition. When devil MS tries to participate in such trash tactics, it is just that, trash tactics. Stop making Sony out to be evil.😎

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

Sony ain't going nowhere.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

If your a Final Fantasy fan xbox console shouldn't be on your radar go PS5/Switch or Steam

Its up to Microsoft and Phil Spencer to get these games on there platform since they don't sell to good to "Xbox gamers"

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@zerothehero: By that (bizarre) logic, I’m sure you’d agree that ms should make COD an Xbox exclusive…..cows could buy an Xbox if they want to play those games….right?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

I doubt the majority of Xbox gamers care, if they did they wouldn't always refer to JRPG's as weeb trash.

vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#8 vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8685 Posts

FTC sues Microsoft and Sony will get dragged into it. Guarantee you. Sony is going somewhere and that's straight to court where this exclusive issue will get settled once and for all.

@Pedro said:

Silly gamer. When Sony pays third parties to block games from Xbox, it is because they are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts and to benefit gamers through meaningful competition. When devil MS tries to participate in such trash tactics, it is just that, trash tactics. Stop making Sony out to be evil.😎

Sony is evil in many ways. Censorship is one of 1,000 things.

@girlusocrazy said:

It's the other way around too, there were some Square games on Xbox that weren't on PS

Stuff nobody cares about?

@zerothehero said:

If your a Final Fantasy fan xbox console shouldn't be on your radar go PS5/Switch or Steam

Its up to Microsoft and Phil Spencer to get these games on there platform since they don't sell to good to "Xbox gamers"

I wouldn't care if a PS5 was glued, dragged into Fort Nox and came out with 10 million dollars I still wouldn't pay 10 cents for one because Sony is a disgrace to gamers and everything games stand for.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Aren't these games coming to PC and Switch? Sounds like Square just doesn't like Xbox.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts
@Zero_epyon said:

Aren't these games coming to PC and Switch? Sounds like Square just doesn't like Xbox.

Nope, just like FF7 remake, Sony wants Square to keep them off PC for at least a year.

This is the same as Microsoft did way back when keeping Alan Wake and Rise of The Tomb Raider off PC for a while.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fedor

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Nope, just like FF7 remake, Sony wants Square to keep them off PC for at least a year.

This is the same as Microsoft did way back when keeping Alan Wake and Rise of The Tomb Raider off PC for a while.

The pixel remasters are already on PC and have been for like a year now.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Those were definitely exclusivity deals made and at the time they were only on Xbox. The fact that this is going to PS4 and Switch and eventually PC tells me this is a Square Enix thing more than an exclusivity deal.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pedro

@girlusocrazy said:
@Zero_epyon said:

There are plenty of Switch exclusives from Square too. It seems like they have exclusives for each platform holder.

That is objectively false.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#16 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

I mean depending on how this whole Activision Blizzard deal goes, the gaming landscape could get pretty ugly.

DO NOT be surprised if Sony ends up buying Sqaure Enix, Capcom, or IPs from Konami. (That's all I can realistically see Sony being able to afford)

Then who knows what will happen to EA, Sega, and Ubisoft. I really don't like where the industry is heading with only a handful of major players

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

@fedor said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Zero_epyon said:

The pixel remasters are already on PC and have been for like a year now.

edit: I now realise this thread is talking about the classic game, while I was talking about the upcoming newer games.

Original post below:

Sony bought exclusivity rights for FF7 remake and kept it off PC for -it was longer than a year- and is keeping it off Xbox forever.

Same thing with FF16 and FF7 remake 2

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts
@vgmkyle said:

I wouldn't care if a PS5 was glued, dragged into Fort Nox and came out with 10 million dollars I still wouldn't pay 10 cents for one because Sony is a disgrace to gamers and everything games stand for.

Sounds like a you problem. Imagine calling yourself a gamer and whining about wanting to play Final Fantasy on a platform where the series is an afterthought. Most self-respecting gamers don't buy systems waiting for some kind of AAA content for years either. Also, maybe don't buy a platform where most of the potential exclusive content is tied up in court

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

People (fanboys) have literally been saying it's doom and gloom for Sony since the PS1. And it never happens.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

Sony always paying off companies to block Xbox. Sony is the most anti consumer company ever known to mankind. They would be paying to block Nintendo too if Nintendo hadn’t kick the shat out of them in Japan.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Why are people acting like PlayStation is forcing Square Enix to make these deals? It's a mutual agreement lol

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@Star67 said:

I mean depending on how this whole Activision Blizzard deal goes, the gaming landscape could get pretty ugly.

DO NOT be surprised if Sony ends up buying Sqaure Enix, Capcom, or IPs from Konami. (That's all I can realistically see Sony being able to afford)

Then who knows what will happen to EA, Sega, and Ubisoft. I really don't like where the industry is heading with only a handful of major players

Sony doesn't want to get into an acquisition war with Microsoft. It's one they can't win.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

*gasp* Not Square Enix! ANYTHING BUT THAT!

How will I continue to not enjoy Japanese RPGs and...Japanese RPGs?!

@Pedro said:

It's like they think our corporate overlords are not kind, caring institutions or something. What's the deal with that?

😋

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

Don’t get me wrong, Sony is horrible about paid exclusives but do you have proof it paid to keep the pixel remasters off Xbox?

Can’t burn them at the stake without proof.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

I can't wait for the Activision deal to go through so Call of Duty is Xbox exclusive and the all kids make the Xbox brand 'the brand' which in turn forces Sony to sell itself to the highest bidder. That ironically most likely being Microsoft.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mesome713

@girlusocrazy: Nintendo aint paying for shat. Nintendo dont care if those games release on other consoles. Square sells best on Nintendo and in Japan. Sony sucks in Japan. If Sony didnt pay to keep FF from Nintendo, Sony wouldnt get those either. Its just Sony will only pay the price for certain games. Nintendo will never pay the price.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fedor

@theam0g said:

I can't wait for the Activision deal to go through so Call of Duty is Xbox exclusive and the all kids make the Xbox brand 'the brand' which in turn forces Sony to sell itself to the highest bidder. That ironically most likely being Microsoft.

That would be an actual monopoly and would be blocked. Not sure why anyone would want that outside of fanboyism anyway.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mesome713

@fedor: We want Apple to buy Sony once Microsoft is done with them. Or Amazon.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Fedor

@mesome713 said:

@fedor: I want Apple to buy Sony once Microsoft is done with them. Or Amazon.

Gross.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@Pedro said:

Another Pedro meltdown 🤭 Sony has only bought developers that exclusively works with them or money hat single games. Nothing at the scale of buying two publishers, not the same. Yes, now you're getting it. MS tactics are trash. They had 20 years to build up a portfolio. Glad you came to your senses.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts
@mesome713 said:

Sony always paying off companies to block Xbox. Sony is the most anti consumer company ever known to mankind. They would be paying to block Nintendo too if Nintendo hadn’t kick the shat out of them in Japan.

I'll tell you what's anti consumer, 5 year old 60 dollar games. Sony is looking out for their best interest, it's okay when Nintendo does it but not Sony... Gotcha.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mesome713

@Sagemode87: Yeah, lets be like Sony and sell 5 year old games for $5 and continue to pay workers like shat. Sony is the most greediest company in the world to work for. Thats why we dont have TeamIco no more cause greedy Sony didnt pay them good and sold thier work for dirt cheap and treated them like illegal immigrants.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I think the mainline FF games might be on Xbox. So FF16 on Xbox Series in 2024?

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

Doesn't matter. Microsoft had it chance over the past 20 years to build a worthwhile platform and brand, but instead it screwed up gen after gen. As far as I am concerned, Sony and Nintendo are the only gaming companies worth paying attention to anymore.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 849 Posts

@fedor: That would not be a monopoly at all because there would still be plenty of competition from other companies. Mobile gaming revenue alone is bigger than Microsoft could ever dream of achieving with Xbox.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Fedor

@lavamelon said:

@fedor: That would not be a monopoly at all because there would still be plenty of competition from other companies. Mobile gaming revenue alone is bigger than Microsoft could ever dream of achieving with Xbox.

Yes it would be. You think Steam is a monopoly though so you don't really understand the topic anyway.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

Yup, so in the end SONY prevails as a liberator and practician of the Live, Learn and Love philosophy.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@theam0g said:

Sentiment like this is why shit sucks.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@Pedro said:

Wtf are you even trying to say here? Are you telling us that Microsoft does not money hat games? What about trying to purchase large publishers?

your logic like always is completely blinded by your Xbox boner. Use your head

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@Sagemode87 said:
@Pedro said:

Another Pedro meltdown 🤭 Sony has only bought developers that exclusively works with them or money hat single games. Nothing at the scale of buying two publishers, not the same. Yes, now you're getting it. MS tactics are trash. They had 20 years to build up a portfolio. Glad you came to your senses.

It is a real shame that I parody goons like you only for you to validate the parody. When I say that you're an idiot, it's not named calling it's simply stating the obvious.😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@randy_lahey said:
@Pedro said:

Wtf are you even trying to say here? Are you telling us that Microsoft does not money hat games? What about trying to purchase large publishers?

Looks like another idiot was ensnared🤣

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BenjaminBanklin

@randy_lahey said:

He also claims to be against acquisitions, but boy is he going super hard in the paint for the MS/ABK deal.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 849 Posts

@fedor: Steam fits the definition of monopoly, Xbox doesn’t. Look at how much market share Steam has with PC gaming, then compare it to Xbox in console gaming. Notice the difference.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Fedor
@lavamelon said:

@fedor: Steam fits the definition of monopoly, Xbox doesn’t. Look at how much market share Steam has with PC gaming, then compare it to Xbox in console gaming. Notice the difference.

Steam literally doesn't fit the definition of a monopoly, what are you on about? Make it make sense. If MS got Acti/Blizz plus Sony they would have a complete stranglehold on the console market. Bro, gtfo here with this nonsense.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Problem is, these deals between companies are legal. But they're both anti consumer and hurt competition. They should be regulated at this level.

Telling me the market leader making big franchises exclusive and forcing developers not to release their games on Gamepass isn't anti competition? But Sony shit themselves when CoD is under threat? How fishy is that?

That's why MS are looking forward to the court case, because clearly the regulators are being fairly one sided here.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin: Seems like you are projecting your desire for the deal to fail as my desire for it pass. Silly shill.😂

Greygoose12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Greygoose12
Member since 2020 • 220 Posts

Sony has been paying for timed or permanent exclusives for years. Even paying to keep games off gamepass. Microsoft has agreed to keep cod on playstation as long as there is a playstation to ship to. Arguments about monopolies are legit and the FTC needs to look into to these. But of all the companies who would complain. Sony has no valid argument here.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Seems like you are projecting your desire for the deal to fail as my desire for it pass. Silly shill.😂

I don't think the deal's gonna fail. Oops