Sony: Can't guarantee DriveClub for PS Plus will release

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Sony have said that they can't guarantee the release of DriveClub for PS Plus if ever. PS Plus gamers have been eagerly waiting for this free release which Sony promised a long time ago. So is this more Sony lies? Will it ever get a release date? The game has had mixed reviews anyway so it will not be missed. Thankfully there are not one but two great racers Forza 5 and Forza 2 Horizon to chose from for Xbox gamers. Cows out of luck though.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/driveclub/news/sony_cant_guarantee_driveclub_ps_plus_edition_will_ever_release_2.html

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Personally? I've said this a year ago when it was first revealed DC was coming to PS+ and I'll say it again:

Great news for me.

That PS+ slot will just be taken by a better game, I'm all for it. :)

I hate racers anyways, so hopefully anything but a racer goes in that slot.

PS4 PS+ has already delivered 32 games and counting (11 GWG games on Xbone). Quality is in PS+ favor as well. LINKY.

For others looking forward to DC PS+? Sucks if this turns out true for them.

Honestly though, if I were Sony I'd scrap that PS+ version and plan to release the whole version later on for PS+ when they feel the sales have tapered off (Probably happen watch. I'm gooood.). Whatever though, as I said, I would personally prefer it never to release on PS+.

---

EDIT: I decided to check out this article....and what a shock. This seems to be a click bait article with an inflammatory headline.

I went to the source (metro) and this all that was actually said:

GC: Is there still going to be the free PlayStation Plus version?

JR: That’s still being looked at.

GC: You can’t guarantee that it will ever happen?

JR: I can’t say anything at this stage.

lol! Hilarious. Much ado about trolling about nothing.

This "article" is HILARIOUS. Read the actual source and then re-read the article. What a fanboy spin for the clickbait win!

BRAVO Mr. David Scammell! (Judging from his post and editorial history, he seems to be an Xbox fanboy too with a giant 100,000 Gamerscore and no active Nintendo or PS IDs, bonus!) His twitter is very unprofessional promoting Xbox and RARE, talking about his 360, getting excited for Xbone updates, Kinect, owning no PS3 or PS4, getting excited about Xbone store deals and his Xbone, getting excited about Xbox sales charts, and bashing PS4 and PS4 games. It reads like a SW fanboy user's twitter, lol. The deeper I went in the rabbit hole, the funnier this fan-clown is. I hope David keeps scamming/writing these bunk articles. It's funny he has a job that people will actually quote around here. The Xbone is a fine machine, I am not bashing the machine, but rather this laughable article and the author.

Mr David took that tiny blurb from a giant interview conducted at ANOTHER WEBSITE, and spun those two tiny sentences masterfully into a whole article of rage about Sony can't guarantee Drive Club's PS+ release?

Bravo! HAhahahahahahaahhahahaha. He's laughing all the way to the bank cashing his $8 check from Videogamer.com!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

People can't be this stupid Sony backtracked on it,after promising a free version they back tracked to sell more units,even i can see that is a shame,i am sure it will hit PSN+ in complete form sooner or latter but the so call free light version i am sure will not come..

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Meh, just another thing Sony has lied about this gen. Nothing new.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

Like hell they were gonna release a trial version the way the game was getting slammed left and right. Oh well. Shame for those that wanted to check it out before buying it.

So, yeah, if you're interested, wait for a sale and pick it up. About the only thing you can do now.

edit: Well, that's the vague answer they usually go for. Nothing new here.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@SolidTy Next time could you kindly provide all the meta scores of those 32 PS+ games? I'm very interested in that statistic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Classic Sony move, lie in the face of the customer to get more money from them. Classy as always

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidTy
@Salt_The_Fries said:

@SolidTy Next time could you kindly provide all the meta scores of those 32 PS+ games? I'm very interested in that statistic.

I provided a breakdown in another thread.

However, feel free to use this link, it has the metascores there. To save you time since you didn't read other threads this was discussed in, there are more higher quality metascoring games on PS+ by a large margin over GWG.

You would know this if you owned both a PS4 and Xbone and were subscribing to both PS+ and XBL.

As it stands, here you go...broken down nice and easy:

http://www.listwar.com/ps-plus-vs-gold/

20 PS+ games 75/100 metascoring vs. 5 GWG games. One PS+ title is a 90/100.

Put your mouse on each game for the score. With PS+ you get quality (metascoring) and quantity (3x more games).

Look at the bad games, PS+ poor games are 59-74/100 and the GWG poor games are 53-73/100.

With GWG you get less games and they are typically lower grading games.

----

HOLY SHIT. I called it. This article is bunk.

Sony: DriveClub’s “Free” PS+ Edition Is Still Coming.

OWNED

I warned you guys this article was fake:

@SolidTy said:

EDIT: I decided to check out this article....and what a shock. This seems to be a click bait article with an inflammatory headline.

This "article" is HILARIOUS. Read the actual source and then re-read the article. What a fanboy spin for the clickbait win!

@kuu2 said:

@SolidTy: You are the same guy that drowns on and on about MSoft promising two games for Games for Gold and not coming through. Please just stop.

LOLOLOLOL!

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

You provided a breakdown in this thread also.

i kid i kid

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

I see another lawsuit coming. If I had the time and the money I would do it myself.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolidTy
@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Snugenz said:

@SolidTy said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

You provided a breakdown in this thread also.

i kid i kid

That's true. Hahaaha.

I figured the best way to approach what I suspected was his sarcasm was with a very serious tone being lengthy enough and pretending I didn't get the sarcasm.

----

EDIT BREAKING NEWS:

Sony: DriveClub’s “Free” PS+ Edition Is Still Coming. I told you guys this writer was a doofus.

OWNED

I warned you guys this article was fake:

@SolidTy said:

@kuu2 said:

@SolidTy: You are the same guy that drowns on and on about MSoft promising two games for Games for Gold and not coming through. Please just stop.

LOLOLOLOL!

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Looks like SolidTy gave Insipid8 a solid kicking. Poor lems and their Fartza delusion.

Can MS guarantee a game release before E3?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@SolidTy:

Driveclub doesn't fit the same criteria as other "free" games on ps+. The whole point of doing the ps+ version of Driveclub was to build the "club" aspect of the game. Sony not releasing it more or less means they are giving up on the series.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolidTy

@Heirren said:

@SolidTy:

Driveclub doesn't fit the same criteria as other "free" games on ps+. The whole point of doing the ps+ version of Driveclub was to build the "club" aspect of the game. Sony not releasing it more or less means they are giving up on the series.

I agree with what you are saying and your assessment about Sony potentially giving up on the IP. Clearly, having DC PS+ released early would have helped with the club aspect, but it still would have presumably taken up a slot on PS+ games, something I wasn't too keen on.

I said above I don't care about DC and quite frankly personally after all the poor scores, I'm grateful if this game wouldn't take up a slot in PS+. We read PR about netcode problems with the PS+ version, but it's also been floated that the game's poor scores affected the PS+ version. Who can say? I sympathize for those that did want to play DC PS+, but I never wanted to play it.

Secondly, after reading the click bait "article's" actual source, it's a lot less spicy. I quoted the actual Sony Boss Jim Ryan. Jim Ryan of Sony was being interviewed at another website (metro) and Jim just said the typical PR stuff we already heard about DC PS+. Along comes some other offsite guy who took 12 words from Jim Ryan and twisted it into a hissy fit fanboy type click bait article. Upon inspection, the writer himself has a sketchy history on twitter, that website, and god knows what else.

JR:That’s still being looked at.

JR:I can’t say anything at this stage.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Already bought it for like 20 quid but still pretty shitty of Sony to go back on a promise.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22660 Posts

It's their IP, they can do whatever they'd like with it... Just sad how many steps they've taken to ensure a lack of excitement for it....

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

I don't think anyone cares at this point. drive club has been out for a while now, so I'm assuming everyone that wanted to play it, has it by now. Plus like other posters have said, PSN+ is still a great deal with how many games you get.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@SolidTy:

I can understand one not caring for a game or genre. The bummer is that the Driveclub project was actually pushing for something more than a F2P game of sorts. It was likely a test at integrating a more social aspect to online games, period.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GrenadeLauncher

Hilarious, lems have so little to go on now except a misinterpreted comment by an exec who has little to do with Drive Club PS+'s release in the first place.

Must be that drought causing their brains to shrivel up due to dehydration.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Lies everywhere.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Maybe they'll give the game in the next servers hacking

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Lawsuit incoming. Sony will lose more money paying lawyers than releasing the free version. So why not?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Is anyone genuinely bothered to be missing out on a cut down version of a garbage 5.0 game?

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Man, I can't wait to play this FOR FREE (suck it lems!) when the PS4 launches! SDC! Thank you Sony!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

I've moved on at this point.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#26 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Hey cows, you have a crappy racing game. Would you like some lies to go along with it?

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

already bought the game for $28. great game (after all the updates/fixes), its a shame people wont get to try it out before deciding if they want to make a purchase or not.

just wait for a bargin bin price, i guess.

comchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 comchild
Member since 2004 • 238 Posts

it's a good game. i kind of wish i had played it at launch to see what all the fuss was about, because there is no way it deserves less than an 8 now.

@Scipio8 said:

Sony have said that they can't guarantee the release of DriveClub for PS Plus if ever. PS Plus gamers have been eagerly waiting for this free release which Sony promised a long time ago. So is this more Sony lies? Will it ever get a release date? The game has had mixed reviews anyway so it will not be missed. Thankfully there are not one but two great racers Forza 5 and Forza 2 Horizon to chose from for Xbox gamers. Cows out of luck though.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/driveclub/news/sony_cant_guarantee_driveclub_ps_plus_edition_will_ever_release_2.html

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

This is the exact reson Sony should not be supported and be held accountable. They push to far to get that dollar out of your pocket. Even if it means lying to their consumers over and over.

I think their should be a massive lawsuit. Saying 5Club would be a launch game and delaying it weeks before release was bad enough. Not seeing the game on shelves over a year later proved it was never going to be a launch game.

They baffle me how they are able to get away with this time and time again.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GrenadeLauncher

@FoxbatAlpha said:

This is the exact reson Sony should not be supported and be held accountable. They push to far to get that dollar out of your pocket. Even if it means lying to their consumers over and over.

I think their should be a massive lawsuit. Saying 5Club would be a launch game and delaying it weeks before release was bad enough. Not seeing the game on shelves over a year later proved it was never going to be a launch game.

You might have a point if someone who's actually involved in the PS+ edition launch decision making got asked that question, Justin.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22660 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher: judging by the UK sales reports for the order, I'm more worried about the decisions of the Sony fanboys sending a terrible message about crappy games in the middle of their own drought.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GrenadeLauncher

@TheEroica said:

@GrenadeLauncher: judging by the UK sales reports for the order, I'm more worried about the decisions of the Sony fanboys sending a terrible message about crappy games in the middle of their own drought.

I dunno, lems fell for Ryse pretty hard and they still ended up deluding themselves into thinking they have better games.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

That's kind of BS if true.

The game has apparantly been patched up and fixed too. Maybe if they eventually give it as a "full" game in PSN+ to make up for it, it wouldn't be so bad to drop the gimped version. Perhaps that is their long term plan. Just scrap the whole "freeware" version, and eventually just make it a normal PSN+ offering.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

With that logic a major lawsuit should be followed against microsoft about how kinect was the future, amped up the price of their console because of it and within a year cut the console 20% because it wasn't selling due to it's inclusion of kinect.

Baffles me how MS took early adopters money ran and quietly said "kinect isn't the future anymore"

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@Heirren said:

@SolidTy:

I believe Sony is giving up on the PS+ version of the game simply because it didn't turn out to be the "killer app" of the Holiday Season. The bottom line is Sony would rather garner as many sales as possible for the full price version.. before even thinking about releasing the plus version. Like i said late last year, if we see the plus version before the Holiday 2015 season, I'd be shocked. The "Plus" version will release sometime next year when the game has lost all steam and it's not selling at all.

btw, I got the game over the holiday season, and like many have said.. after the patches it's actually pretty damn fun.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

With that logic a major lawsuit should be followed against microsoft about how kinect was the future, amped up the price of their console because of it and within a year cut the console 20% because it wasn't selling due to it's inclusion of kinect.

Baffles me how MS took early adopters money ran and quietly said "kinect isn't the future anymore"

I don't think thats comparable at all. Kinect still gets support. Sony killed off support for the vita and the move. I don't find it "lawsuit worthy" its just not s popular as they hoped. Promising a free game at launch to PSN+ subscribers, delaying it a year, releasing the paid version, then saying they don't know if the free version will ever come out, is a bad move. people that paid for a kinect have one, people that paid for PSN+ expecting driveclub, still didn't get what they paid for and its been over a year.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Sony clearly thought that releasing a light version of the game free would boost the sales of the paid for versions. The game flopped and Sony quickly released rather than releasing what is essentially a half baked poorly received tech demo and putting consumers off they are better off allowing consumers to buy the full version blind. Makes perfect business sense but its a dick move.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@TheEroica said:

I dunno, lems fell for Ryse pretty hard and they still ended up deluding themselves into thinking they have better games.

Everyone who had Ryse were able to enjoy it on Day 1. How long did you wait for your graphix demo?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I don't get how you can compare the two. One was a piece of hardware that is still available as an option. Price changes with options.

The other is a straight up the ass lie.

I think I might get a lawyer involved myself. Anything else you say on the mater will be used in a court of law.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Kinda funny how this is included with the PS+ free games while games like the free version of Killer Instinct, PowerStar Golf, Kinect Fitness, and Project Spark and even the free weekend play full retail games like Forza 5 and Sunset OverDrive that aren't and never included with GwG free games and benefits. Sony can't even release one as promised. I'm not really surprised in the actions of Sony here, when they're known to delay, cancel and discontinue projects more often then others. Just gotta wait and see when or if this will ever come out.

Now I'm not going to be like others that state and make up things with solidity like "MS promised 2 games for GwG for Xbox One each month and lied", when they clearly didn't. I don't know which Sony head promised a free PS+ version of FlopClub but the fact you could easily search online and find confirmed articles that there is in fact a free PS+ version of FlopClub but not even Sony execs can say anything on when or if it's going to be released is pretty much a major disappointment and a failure for that subscription. Who knows what else they're going to promise and pledge to but never follow through on next.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-exec-can-t-commit-to-free-ps-plus-driveclub/1100-6425455/

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@SolidTy:

It wasn't a slot on the ps+. Remember when you kept posting how PlayStation + was giving away 4 games for October including fiveclub/driveflop. So it was an extra game nothing more nothing less.

(please don't post a book to reply to this message) a line or 2 will be suitable.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I don't think thats comparable at all. Kinect still gets support. Sony killed off support for the vita and the move. I don't find it "lawsuit worthy" its just not s popular as they hoped. Promising a free game at launch to PSN+ subscribers, delaying it a year, releasing the paid version, then saying they don't know if the free version will ever come out, is a bad move. people that paid for a kinect have one, people that paid for PSN+ expecting driveclub, still didn't get what they paid for and its been over a year.

Microsoft doesn't support the kinect.....
Maybe it updates for improvements in software (meaning actual software tht runs the device not games)

But there's kinect fruit ninja 2 coming in 2015....... So much for "still gets support"

Yeah promising something free isn't liable for a lawsuit either... Especially when they've kept releasing PS+ games every month....

Also it does. MS promised and stated Kinect IS the future of the console here. And it would always have a place with the console before they axed it.

It's much more nefarious stating that something was the future of the console said it was mandatory for every console and then proceeded to yank it from the box less than a year later.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

And the cows go moooooo

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@Animal-Mother: The Kinect is for more than games though. It's still being used for gestures and voice commands. When you compare that to the PlayStation Kinect camera and Move controllers and that light on the DS4 controller, the Kinect is getting more support than all of those combined for games and functions. Most of the people who were pushing Kinect before are long gone now. Besides, gamers were complaining about it, so MS clearly listened. It's still an option for those that want it in the box. The Kinect is on PC now too, I don't keep up with PC games so I'm not sure what games are available with Kinect support.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Animal-Mother: changing the vision and direction of the console due to consumer demands and feedback is more nefarious that flat out lying about features and promotions that are available on the system? Lolwut?

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Microsoft doesn't support the kinect.....

Maybe it updates for improvements in software (meaning actual software tht runs the device not games)

But there's kinect fruit ninja 2 coming in 2015....... So much for "still gets support"

Yeah promising something free isn't liable for a lawsuit either... Especially when they've kept releasing PS+ games every month....

Also it does. MS promised and stated Kinect IS the future of the console here. And it would always have a place with the console before they axed it.

It's much more nefarious stating that something was the future of the console said it was mandatory for every console and then proceeded to yank it from the box less than a year later.

It hasn't had great support, but many games use it like BF4, FM5, DR3, Ryse, and some games are full control like D4, KSR, fighter within, DCS, Just Dance, Voice commander, Disney Fantasia. Sony hasn't had 1 Move game on the PS4 yet.

It isn't something free, it was something that was promised as a benefit of getting PSN+ If you sign up for dental insurance and your promised that it includes fillings, then you pay for it and find out that fillings aren't covered yet, and you need fillings so you wait, then find out they may never cover fillings, that's false advertisement.

That was there vision, very simple, people rejected it and they changed. It still gets support, they just offer it without it. voice commands, IT blaster, hololens, was all part of the deal. There is a huge difference in offering options compared to dropping support completely. Sony dropped support on the vita which is a stand alone handheld, hasn't supported the move or eye camera at all. Kinect isn't axed by any means, they just offer the option without it.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#48 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I've never heard of Sony over-promising and under-delivering.

A more sarcastic thing has never been said.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Lets be honest... the new slogan should be:

Greatness NEVER COMES.