Sony -- Behind Closed Doors

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

To start things off, I hate hearing bad things about any of the consoles I own, and it upsets me when people just pack up and leave especially when it's from development teams I've grown to know and love.

But this, this is something more. What do you think is going on over at Sony's side behind those closed doors? is this just one big coincidence that they all decided to move on and try something new, or is something more sinister going on.

Sure people from MS have left also, but in a one month period we've seen quite a few people leave on Sony's side, and not just any people, but those who were there for a long time and played a major role.

Do you think it's anything to worry about? is this a sign for the future and things to come or just one big coincidence, System Wars?

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@BattleSpectre:

Maybe Sony wants more fresh new talent to fill the ranks and come up with daring and innovative new IPs. Or at least, that would be the optimistic theory. If you want the less optimistic one, I'll refer you to the recent anti-Sony doom hype.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Whatever it is can't be good. I think the cat will be out of the bag before E3.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Connecting dots where they don't need to be connected.

Stig and his team spent almost 100 million dollars on a game that failed every QA test that took. The game sucked. They shitcanned the game and a lot of the people involved. They offered stig a spot on barlog's project - he didn't want to go from game director to something lesser so he quit.

This makes sense, right? Shitty game, money wasted, people fired, head guy leaves out of ego? I mean that all makes sense.

Amy Hennig has creative differences about the direction that UC4 should go in. Egos swell, she leaves. She's happy, she will make another studio much better when she gets there. Justin Richmond, an ally of Hennig's, gets an offer he can't refuse from Riot. He leaves.

These things happen. Naughty Dog is going to be fine. UC4 will still be awesome. Riot will be better with the pickup of Richmond and whoever gets Hennig will be better off. The sky isn't falling.

Guerilla Cambridge is working on a vita game that is shit and won't sell. They slim down as they retool for another project.

Again - this isn't new. This happens a lot.

The director of Driveclub doesn't deliver the game on time. Given more time the game still needs work. He is replaced.

Wouldn't you replace him? Wouldn't you shitcan stig's project that cost them almost 100 mil and had nothing of value to show for it? In fact they should have done it two years ago. The fact they let it go this far is a testament to how much they believed in him after GoW 3.

And all of this is happening before the fiscal year ends. Is sony trimming fat? Of course. Sony corporation is not in a great spot. So they are tightening up a bit. But a lot of people are connecting dots that don't need to be connected. Hennig/Richmond is about creative differences and ego. Stig is about wasted money and time. Col Rogers (driveclub) is about failing to deliver. Taken on their own they all make sense. Combine them together and you get glenn beck with a chalkboard.

And Jack Tretton was about money and inability to move up. He will make more money and have more power somewhere else - something Sony simply could not offer him. Shit happens.

It's the same with the xbox department guys. People move around. People leave for other companies. Shit happens.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Link?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

shit like this happens every time a gen starts.

Sure it sucks and is a bit worrying (especially if it keeps happening and more games get canceled, so far its only been one game has been and maybe two since we dont know about Drive Clud, but **** that game, they could cancel it for all i care)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#7 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

It is strange no doubt. I'm wondering if some were asked to cut their salary due to draw backs in the company and these individuals just said I'll try my talents elsewhere? It isn't a rare thing, in any industry. I think fans, especially the ones with their own flapping lips drowning out facts, need to grasp the situation. This company is in bad shape financially. This restructuring is going to hit every where. Can the y still put out great games? Of course. And it will be a credit to the management if they do so during this.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Stig and his team spent almost 100 million dollars on a game that failed every QA test that took. The game sucked. They shitcanned the game and a lot of the people involved. They offered stig a spot on barlog's project - he didn't want to go from game director to something lesser so he quit.

This makes sense, right? Shitty game, money wasted, people fired, head guy leaves out of ego? I mean that all makes sense.

Amy Hennig has creative differences about the direction that UC4 should go in. Egos swell, she leaves. She's happy, she will make another studio much better when she gets there. Justin Richmond, an ally of Hennig's, gets an offer he can't refuse from Riot. He leaves.

These things happen. Naughty Dog is going to be fine. UC4 will still be awesome. Riot will be better with the pickup of Richmond and whoever gets Hennig will be better off. The sky isn't falling.

Guerilla Cambridge is working on a vita game that is shit and won't sell. They slim down as they retool for another project.

The director of Driveclub doesn't deliver the game on time. Given more time the game still needs work. He is replaced.

Wouldn't you replace him? Wouldn't you shitcan stig's project that cost them almost 100 mil and had nothing of value to show for it? In fact they should have done it two years ago. The fact they let it go this far is a testament to how much they believed in him after GoW 3.

And all of this is happening before the fiscal year ends. Is sony trimming fat? Of course. Sony corporation is not in a great spot. So they are tightening up a bit. But a lot of people are connecting dots that don't need to be connected. Hennig/Richmond is about creative differences and ego. Stig is about wasted money and time. Col Rogers (driveclub) is about failing to deliver. Taken on their own they all make sense. Combine them together and you get glenn beck with a chalkboard.

And Jack Tretton was about money and inability to move up. He will make more money and have more power somewhere else - something Sony simply could not offer him. Shit happens.

It's the same with the xbox department guys. People move around. People leave for other companies. Shit happens.

You sneaky guy I posted this in the Charizard thread that got locked :P but kudos and yea pretty much lems just trying to do the whole "Sony is doomed Sony is doomed" yet they forget this happened a lot last gen as well.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

No.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

Ms lets DON go and ms Yu leaves = DOOMED EVERYONE JUMP SHIP WHILE YOU CAN

Sony selling buildings fire selling products and people leaving left and right = reconstructing?

FACTS lol

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kinectthedots

@cainetao11 said:

It is strange no doubt. I'm wondering if some were asked to cut their salary due to draw backs in the company and these individuals just said I'll try my talents elsewhere? It isn't a rare thing, in any industry. I think fans, especially the ones with their own flapping lips drowning out facts, need to grasp the situation. This company is in bad shape financially...

About fans flapping lips drowning out facts, need to grasp the situation..Yes, I agree so I will post this here for you.

After the Layoffs Sony is Now Working on Hiring Again

"it looks like Sony Computer Entertainment of America is now at the beginning of the upwards phase of the recruiting cycle again, and the company posted two new career opportunity ads seeking a recruiter and a recruiting coordinator.

Within the duties listed there is, of course, “Developing and administering staffing/employment/recruiting programs,” and it’s very interesting for two positions of this kind to be staffed at the same time, probably meaning that Sony either wants to restructure or expand its recruiting department.

Incidentally, industry insider Pete Dodd, that is known to have some quite solid sources at Sony, posted a very insightful piece on NeoGAF explaining what may have happened in the past few weeks at Sony’s WorldWide Studios, mentioning that people are connecting dots that don’t need to be connected."

https://www.google.com/#q=beyond%20two%20souls%20developer

Facts about why some of those devs left.............................................................................

"Stig and his team spent almost 100 million dollars on a game that failed every QA test that took. The game sucked. They shitcanned the game and a lot of the people involved. They offered Stig a spot on barlog’s project – he didn’t want to go from game director to something lesser so he quit.

Amy Hennig has creative differences about the direction that UC4 should go in. Egos swell, she leaves. She’s happy, she will make another studio much better when she gets there. Justin Richmond, an ally of Hennig’s, gets an offer he can’t refuse from Riot. He leaves.

These things happen."

Same_Link

Pulling everything out of a "Sony must in financial trouble, that is why all this is happening" conspiracy hat is where you flap your lips. These are some facts you may not have known to help you grasping the situation.

You are welcome.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

I think its policy changes. I can see the financial troubles maybe causing support to taper off in some areas of development. It also could be that Sony is exercising more control of the story development for some of its IP's. It seems like the people leaving could be leaving for an area where they would have more creative freedom. Any time a company starts to drop its retention some major policies have changed.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

It's about rubber meeting the road and getting better games.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i'm not really concerned about that.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#16 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

/thread... and you make total sense... of course the people on here would rather have Glen beck... ughh

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

After the Layoffs Sony is Now Working on Hiring Again; Insider Explains What Happened

mondo-zapwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mondo-zapwell
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

first off i didnt read whatever the OP talking about is but i dont think its anything to worry if KILLER IS DEAD proves anything!! awesome game!

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Sounds like Sony is cleaning house. Should have done this a while back, but better late than never.

LMAO at the doom and gloom predictions. Playstation is going nowhere.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@mondo-zapwell said:

first off i didnt read whatever the OP talking about is but i dont think its anything to worry if KILLER IS DEAD proves anything!! awesome game!

Y u no read?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@cainetao11 said:

It is strange no doubt. I'm wondering if some were asked to cut their salary due to draw backs in the company and these individuals just said I'll try my talents elsewhere? It isn't a rare thing, in any industry. I think fans, especially the ones with their own flapping lips drowning out facts, need to grasp the situation. This company is in bad shape financially...

About fans flapping lips drowning out facts, need to grasp the situation..Yes, I agree so I will post this here for you.

"it looks like Sony Computer Entertainment of America is now at the beginning of the upwards phase of the recruiting cycle again, and the company posted two new career opportunity ads seeking a recruiter and a recruiting coordinator.

Within the duties listed there is, of course, “Developing and administering staffing/employment/recruiting programs,” and it’s very interesting for two positions of this kind to be staffed at the same time, probably meaning that Sony either wants to restructure or expand its recruiting department.

Incidentally, industry insider Pete Dodd, that is known to have some quite solid sources at Sony, posted a very insightful piece on NeoGAF explaining what may have happened in the past few weeks at Sony’s WorldWide Studios, mentioning that people are connecting dots that don’t need to be connected."

Facts about why some of those devs left.............................................................................

"Stig and his team spent almost 100 million dollars on a game that failed every QA test that took. The game sucked. They shitcanned the game and a lot of the people involved. They offered Stig a spot on barlog’s project – he didn’t want to go from game director to something lesser so he quit.

Amy Hennig has creative differences about the direction that UC4 should go in. Egos swell, she leaves. She’s happy, she will make another studio much better when she gets there. Justin Richmond, an ally of Hennig’s, gets an offer he can’t refuse from Riot. He leaves.

These things happen."

Same_Link

Pulling everything out of a "Sony must in financial trouble, that is why all this is happening" conspiracy hat is where you flap your lips. These are some facts you may not have known to help you grasping the situation.

You are welcome.

Hes still right though, SONY are in a bad shape financially

http://www.thewrap.com/sony-debt-downgraded-junk-status-shares-fall/

They don't downgrade a comapanys shares to junk status unless they are in the crapper financially.

obviously not the reason these developers left but lest not ignore the giant Elephant in the room, SONY needs to pull a rabbit out of the Hat pretty sharpish or they are going to have to sell off more assets and developers.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Lemming shitposting and desperation. The same turnover happened at the start of the last generation too, only that time journalists weren't as interested because the hardware was the biggest shit show.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

sony fifancial year almost ends they already said we will clean house

it's a normal thing get rid off the fatness

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

It's the beginning of a new gen, it's always been like this every cycle. New people join, old people move on. It's no conspiracy unless you see a whole studio leave for greener pastures like Infinity Ward or Bungie then yeah you can connect invisible dots all you want. ;)

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Animal-Mother: is Animal speaking to me or Pete Dodd?

Boggle_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Boggle_Dragon
Member since 2014 • 125 Posts

Is this System Wars or Staffing Wars? Getting ridiculous now.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

....and yet not a single layoff at the Last Guardian studio. What should I make of this?

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts
@misterpmedia said:

No.

can't argue with that... but in all seriousness.. Anyone with even the smallest amount of business savvy or education realize exactly what's going on.. Sony is bleeding money and a lot of these employees want job security something sony clearly can't offer right now. .. As a somewhat successful businessman myself it's easy to see what's really happening here, I've unfortunately been through something similar with a company in Canada. When a companies financial statements look this bad people start to talk, rumours start and you end up with a revolving door of people. Companies will try and push high paid employees out of positions so they can hire "fresh minds" that make much less, in turn saving them some cash.

I'm not quite sure the gaming community really understands what's taking place at Sony right now but the playstation brand under Sony isn't safe (any brand under Sony for that matter). I could see Sony selling off the playstation brand eventaully, it has a nice market cap and if you receive any kind of business related reading material you'll see Playstations latest valuation wasn't too shabby. Buyers would be very interested.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Sony is in trouble. You don't sell buildings ect. if your doing great. The big question is will they turn it around or not??????

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@Animal-Mother: you makes too much sense for this community.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kinectthedots

@delta3074 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@cainetao11 said:

These things happen."

Same_Link

You are welcome.

Hes still right though, SONY are in a bad shape financially

http://www.thewrap.com/sony-debt-downgraded-junk-status-shares-fall/

They don't downgrade a comapanys shares to junk status unless they are in the crapper financially.

obviously not the reason these developers left but lest not ignore the giant Elephant in the room, SONY needs to pull a rabbit out of the Hat pretty sharpish or they are going to have to sell off more assets and developers.

What a desperate fanboy response. Really dude? You posting that old shit to try to make some kind of a connection about what's happening with this news?

By on January 27, 2014 @ 6:32 am

wow, congratulations on being the most desperate guy in the room.

Just look at how you are hard you are tying to make this all about Sony's financial situation again even in the face of inside news of what happened with these developers.

You are acting like some kind of conspiracy theorist now because of how badly you want this all about to be about Sony's finances. You are exactly the type of jester the guy in my quote was talking about when he says, People are connecting dots that don't need to be connected.

Keep jumping through those hoops to try to make some kind of connection with that old ass report you have making yourself look like a clown when my link clearly states, "Sony is Now Working on Hiring Again".

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

I'm not overly worried about it. They're going through a rebuilding period. Teams in sports do this all the time. Get rid of high priced veteran players and welcome rookies at a lower pay scale and hope the remaining veterans will tech the rookies.

This could pay off huge for Sony cause not only will they save money. But I'm sure we'll see breakout rookie developers bring new ideas to the table, desire to learn and eventually becoming a veteran and maybe even surpass their mentor.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cainetao11

@kinectthedots said:

@cainetao11 said:

These things happen."

Same_Link

You are welcome.

I own ADRs of Sony corp, was series 7 registered, employed by Kensigton Wells Inc, through Bear Stearns 1992-1996. I get my quarterly's on my Sony holding fella. Can you tell me what ADRs even means? You really think this is it? The hole has been dug out of? Do you think this company, that knows how important gaming is to its future, doesn't check what is being said about the departures? So a nice article about some hiring is put out. This is the flapping I am talking about. Why did you cut off my post that you quoted? Did you stop reading there? Was I bashing your lover or something? I'm going to stick with my quarterly reports and the fact that I was a registered stock broker over you sending me snippets from the internet. As I said in the post you cut off, they will still make great games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

We ALL know SONY will deliver a barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring, spreadsheet making exclusives and by golly that's good enough for me.

By gamers FOR gamers, the SONY way.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cainetao11

@Bishop1310 said:

@misterpmedia said:

No.

can't argue with that... but in all seriousness.. Anyone with even the smallest amount of business savvy or education realize exactly what's going on.. Sony is bleeding money and a lot of these employees want job security something sony clearly can't offer right now. .. As a somewhat successful businessman myself it's easy to see what's really happening here, I've unfortunately been through something similar with a company in Canada. When a companies financial statements look this bad people start to talk, rumours start and you end up with a revolving door of people. Companies will try and push high paid employees out of positions so they can hire "fresh minds" that make much less, in turn saving them some cash.

I'm not quite sure the gaming community really understands what's taking place at Sony right now but the playstation brand under Sony isn't safe (any brand under Sony for that matter). I could see Sony selling off the playstation brand eventaully, it has a nice market cap and if you receive any kind of business related reading material you'll see Playstations latest valuation wasn't too shabby. Buyers would be very interested.

Don't waste your time dude. Many are all too emotionally involved with their favorite companies.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

Tough, tough times for Sony, cows just can't seem to catch a break these dayzzz. :P

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 delta3074

@kinectthedots said:

What a desperate fanboy response. Really dude? You posting that old shit to try to make some kind of a connection about what's happening with this news?

By Brent Lang on January 27, 2014 @ 6:32 am

wow, congratulations on being the most desperate guy in the room.

Just look at how you are hard you are tying to make this all about Sony's financial situation again even in the face of inside news of what happened with these developers.

You are acting like some kind of conspiracy theorist now because of how badly you want this all about to be about Sony's finances. You are exactly the type of jester the guy in my quote was talking about when he says, People are connecting dots that don't need to be connected.

Keep jumping through those hoops to try to make some kind of connection with that old ass report you have making yourself look like a clown when my link clearly states, "Sony is Now Working on Hiring Again".

'obviously not the reason these developers left but lest not ignore the giant Elephant in the room, SONY needs to pull a rabbit out of the Hat pretty sharpish or they are going to have to sell off more assets and developers.'

did you miss that part? the part where i said these developers leaving had NOTHING to do with SONY's financial status?

Where did i try to make the connection between this news and SONY's financial status? oh yeah, i didn't.

I must be a bigger genius than you because i actually read peoples posts properly and understand exactly what they mean.

Reading comprehension FTW

And 'old shit'? how so, SONY's shares are still at junk status, nothings changed, whether you like it or not SONY are in the crapper financially, they are only worth a tenth of what MS is worth and they have More debt than MS and whereas MS is making Money SONY is still bleeding Money.

Anyone who thinks SONY has a sound financial future at this point in time is deluded and clearly doesn't understand how a business works

News flash Super playstation fanboy idiot, business's are supposed to make money, not lose money,lol

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cainetao11

@kinectthedots:

Dude, you're coming off as desperate. Yes you have a nice little report about hirings. Yay!! Did any analyst upgrade Sony out of junk status? Is their debt margin wiped? You don't seem to know anything about what we're really talking about. Its ok. They are still the best, the world loves them, and they will make video games. But don't sit here and post "insider" information, and tell me its all legit about Sony, and other companies get raped on this board for PR spin.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Its just a sign of the financial hardship, these devs most likely can't move up any higher and Sony can't afford them. Luckily they'll get fresh young talent thats more affordable until the cycle continues and they out-price themselves from what Sony can pay. Sony has been having this issue with all of their divisions with top engineers leaving in droves.

Finally, I don't see this being an issue for the gaming division. So much young talent out there that need a job and will most likely be on the cheap. Sony gaming are the philadelphia 76ers, tanking the season to get younger talent to build a franchise with.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kinectthedots

@cainetao11 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@cainetao11 said:

These things happen."

Same_Link

You are welcome.

I own ADRs of Sony corp, was series 7 registered, employed by Kensigton Wells Inc, through Bear Stearns 1992-1996. I get my quarterly's on my Sony holding fella. Can you tell me what ADRs even means? You really think this is it? The hole has been dug out of? Do you think this company, that knows how important gaming is to its future, doesn't check what is being said about the departures? So a nice article about some hiring is put out. This is the flapping I am talking about. Why did you cut off my post that you quoted? Did you stop reading there? Was I bashing your lover or something? I'm going to stick with my quarterly reports and the fact that I was a registered stock broker over you sending me snippets from the internet. As I said in the post you cut off, they will still make great games.

And here you are acting like a hypocrite talking about things and not grasping the situation. No one gives a damn about your stock dude, talking about trying to connect dots that don't need to be connected.

What's next, Oh I know those devs ACTUALY left because in 2006 Sony lost money with their $600 PS3 sold at a $200 loss and they just now decied to recoup their money, no no I believe that before playstation came out and Sony's plan to make a console with nintendo failed then ended up spending a lot of money producing a console alone and now they have decided to try to make back that extra loss be getting rid of these developers.

It's possible right? I mean you are pulling all kinds of unrelated financial BS out of your ass to try to connect the reason why these developers left for some odd reason. And I read you whole post dude, there was nothing significant there to even talk about just more Sony is doomed can they still make games conspiracies, why do you even mention it?

I bet you were the same type of fanboy that actually believed there would be no PS4 with the nonsense you are saying now. I know lemmings were all in on that argument as well. Then the xbox one was going to be was going to be some super powerful console and PS4 wasn't going to even be close because Sony was apparently flat broke. lol we all know how that tuned out.

Let's see what happens at E3, if Sony has junked everything and has no new info on the games they were supposed to be making then your 'OMG SONY IS DOOMED' rant might have some weight, otherwise you should take your own advice and stop flapping your lips without knowing the situation.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cainetao11

@cainetao11 said:

It is strange no doubt. I'm wondering if some were asked to cut their salary due to draw backs in the company and these individuals just said I'll try my talents elsewhere? It isn't a rare thing, in any industry. I think fans, especially the ones with their own flapping lips drowning out facts, need to grasp the situation. This company is in bad shape financially. This restructuring is going to hit every where. Can the y still put out great games? Of course. And it will be a credit to the management if they do so during this.

@kinectthedots said:

@cainetao11 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@cainetao11 said:

These things happen."

Same_Link

You are welcome.

And here you are acting like a hypocrite talking about things and not grasping the situation. No one gives a damn about your stock dude, talking about trying to connect dots that don't need to be connected.

What's next, Oh I know those devs ACTUALY left because in 2006 Sony lost money with their $600 PS3 sold at a $200 loss and they just now decied to recoup their money, no no I believe that before playstation came out and Sony's plan to make a console with nintendo failed then ended up spending a lot of money producing a console alone and now they have decided to try to make back that extra loss be getting rid of these developers.

It's possible right? I mean you are pulling all kinds of unrelated financial BS out of your ass to try to connect the reason why these developers left for some odd reason. And I read you whole post dude, there was nothing significant there to even talk about just more Sony is doomed can they still make games conspiracies, why do you even mention it?

I bet you were the same type of fanboy that actually believed there would be no PS4 with the nonsense you are saying now. I know lemmings were all in on that argument as well. Then the xbox one was going to be was going to be some super powerful console and PS4 wasn't going to even be close because Sony was apparently flat broke. lol we all know how that tuned out.

Let's see what happens at E3, if Sony has junked everything and has no new info on the games they were supposed to be making then your 'OMG SONY IS DOOMED' rant might have some weight, otherwise you should take your own advice and stop flapping your lips without knowing the situation.

That up top was my first post. If you notice, I used the words "I'm wondering". I started this whole thing with Hypothetical possibilities, and you're crucifying me as if I said "THIS IS WHY DEVS LEAVE SONY HAHAHAHA". I have never said Sony is doomed, ever. You are putting all those words in with your defensive mindedness. Restructuring. Restructuring. That's what they are doing. Its a good thing. They are making the tough, right moves now. A look at Morningstar Rating for Sony corp: Growth C; Profitability F; Credit rating - That means they don't have one. You are all worked up here over nothing. As I said in that first post in this thread of course they will still make great games.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Simply put: this happens all the time; people constantly move studios but you never hear about it. I'm not sure why it's suddenly that news worthy when a developer shifts workplaces.

I say: nothing to be concerned about. This is normal for the industry and it happened also when GS was not reporting on it.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Agreed. Something newsworthy will break before then. And I doubt we've seen the last of the people leaving. Its nearly becoming a daily thing now.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Agreed. Something newsworthy will break before then. And I doubt we've seen the last of the people leaving. Its nearly becoming a daily thing now.

4 people have left 343, so is Halo going to be shit then? Guess I'll mark that game off my must buys. Thanks for the heads up :D

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kinectthedots

@cainetao11 said:

@Bishop1310 said:

@misterpmedia said:

No.

Don't waste your time dude. Many are all too emotionally involved with their favorite companies.

lol seriously

Lol lems and their conspiracy filled posts of desperation about sony doom and gloom. Do I need to remind you of all the garbage that has come from posters about sony's finances in the past that have had none of their money related predictions realized?

What are you doing right now? You are ignoring facts related to why those devs left and desperately trying to connect something unrelated money issue. That describes a fanboy being emotionally involved.

That link posted from someone on the inside at neoGAF explaining what happened with those devs should have ended any further arguments about, "it had to be all about money" for anyone who wasn't a desperate emotionally involved fanboy until something else was reveled saying otherwise.

So now, lol, we are only left with the most desperate and emotionally involved fanboys saying otherwise. The only people left in this thread arguing against or trying to twist this newly reveled information back to being all about Sony's finances are YOU and a few other desperate and heavily invested lemmings, a surprise to noone.

Look at the date on DELTA's link: By Brent Lang on January 27, 2014 @ 6:32 am. Point proven.

Everyone can understand the explanation to that situation, most other lemmings have moved on to other topics, But the most emotionally invested and spiteful fanboys are still here bringing up financial issues that don't apply to make some kind of point. The way you talk as if you are not a fanboy, it's like you are blind to your own hypocrisy.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I am convinced of two things.

1. Lems will be the first to bring business affairs into a discussion about gaming.

2. Lems don't know fucking shit about business.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6844 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Great insight.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By delta3074
@Shewgenja said:

I am convinced of two things.

1. Lems will be the first to bring business affairs into a discussion about gaming.

2. Lems don't know fucking shit about business.

BTEC national diploma in business and finance including Marketing, Investments, consumer legislation and of course IT level 3.

just as well i ain't a lem eh.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 delta3074
@kinectthedots said:

@cainetao11 said:

@Bishop1310 said:

@misterpmedia said:

No.

lol seriously

Lol lems and their conspiracy filled posts of desperation about sony doom and gloom. Do I need to remind you of all the garbage that has come from posters about sony's finances in the past that have had none of their money related predictions realized?

What are you doing right now? You are ignoring facts related to why those devs left and desperately trying to connect something unrelated money issue. That describes a fanboy being emotionally involved.

That link posted from someone on the inside at neoGAF explaining what happened with those devs should have ended any further arguments about, "it had to be all about money" for anyone who wasn't a desperate emotionally involved fanboy until something else was reveled saying otherwise.

So now, lol, we are only left with the most desperate and emotionally involved fanboys saying otherwise. The only people left in this thread arguing against or trying to twist this newly reveled information back to being all about Sony's finances are YOU and a few other desperate and heavily invested lemmings, a surprise to noone.

Look at the date on DELTA's link: By Brent Lang on January 27, 2014 @ 6:32 am. Point proven.

Everyone can understand the explanation to that situation, most other lemmings have moved on to other topics, But the most emotionally invested and spiteful fanboys are still here bringing up financial issues that don't apply to make some kind of point. The way you talk as if you are not a fanboy, it's like you are blind to your own hypocrisy.

You still didn't address the fact that i clearly stated that SONY's financial status had nothing to do with the developers leaving, stupid fanboy.

'obviously not the reason these developers left but lest not ignore the giant Elephant in the room, SONY needs to pull a rabbit out of the Hat pretty sharpish or they are going to have to sell off more assets and developers.'

like i said Super playstation fanboy idiot,lol

and what does the date have anything to do with it? SONY's share are still junk status so i don't see what you are trying to say,lol