Sony announces a new gaming monitor & headset! IGN gives the M9 a 9/10!

• 139 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

Imagine paying $300 for that POS headset. Jesus. @sealionact likes it, tho. He is into crap headsets because they're wireless and he needs wireless headsets in his life, actually.

You connect your console to a small 1440p monitor - when your console can’t output 1440p - and recommend second hand wired stereo cans with a standalone desktop boom mic.

Nobody takes your pov seriously.

27" when sitting a couple of feet from it is small? Omg how do all these hermits survive with their 27inch monitors. Omg!!! Good minitors scale to 1440p perfectly fine🤷‍♂️I also love how you mentioned wired headphones as this was a negative🤡🤡🤡You're the exact demographic these companies milk your ass with with WIRELESS LED's🐒🐒🐒

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Looks sexy

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

I'm getting DE JAVU. Sony at it again. Back in 2009, it was $499, now its $899.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 blaznwiipspman1

@SolidGame_basic: the monitor isn't even widescreen and curved. What a ripoff, 899

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8853 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: If I were a PC gamer, I'd be interested.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I'm getting DE JAVU. Sony at it again. Back in 2009, it was $499, now its $899.

Doesn't this one has full HDR support? HDR supported (proper HDR. Not the welfare one that i have on my monitor) is pretty rare on monitors and those that do have it, are significantly more expensive.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen: Sony PlayStation 3D display review: Sony PlayStation 3D display - CNET

it got a 5.5/10 on cnet

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: Sony PlayStation 3D display review: Sony PlayStation 3D display - CNET

it got a 5.5/10 on cnet

I don't care about their old one. I am referring to the new one they're releasing.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

it got a 5.5/10 on cnet

I don't care about their old one. I am referring to the new one they're releasing.

and who cares? You're canadian arent you? At $899, this monitor is guaranteed to sell for about $2000 in canada.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

it got a 5.5/10 on cnet

and who cares? You're canadian arent you? At $899, this monitor is guaranteed to sell for about $2000 in canada.

$1158🐒

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#61 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12948 Posts

Nice! Sony and PlayStation ALL IN on PC Gaming!

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

it got a 5.5/10 on cnet

$1158🐒

enjoy, but I personally wont be buying this monitor. Id rather make it rain on strippers instead

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

it got a 5.5/10 on cnet

$1158🐒

enjoy, but I personally wont be buying this monitor. Id rather make it rain on strippers instead

I am not buying it lol. I love my LG monitor, and no need of a new one.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

Imagine paying $300 for that POS headset. Jesus. @sealionact likes it, tho. He is into crap headsets because they're wireless and he needs wireless headsets in his life, actually.

You connect your console to a small 1440p monitor - when your console can’t output 1440p - and recommend second hand wired stereo cans with a standalone desktop boom mic.

27" when sitting a couple of feet from it is small? Omg how do all these hermits survive with their 27inch monitors. Omg!!! Good minitors scale to 1440p perfectly fine🤷‍♂️I also love how you mentioned wired headphones as this was a negative🤡🤡🤡You're the exact demographic these companies milk your ass with with WIRELESS LED's🐒🐒🐒

(Buys a 4k console, plays on a small monitor with welfare HDR that scales to 1440 because his console can’t display 1440p, thinks cables lying all over the room are somehow more convenient than wireless low latency solutions, praises Sony for their AAA library then doesn’t buy said titles, calls his console absolutely useless in one post and the best thing since sliced bread in the next)

No wonder you’re the laughing stock of these forums….

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

(Buys a 4k console, plays on a small monitor with welfare HDR that scales to 1440 because his console can’t display 1440p, thinks cables lying all over the room are somehow more convenient than wireless low latency solutions, praises Sony for their AAA library then doesn’t buy said titles, calls his console absolutely useless in one post and the best thing since sliced bread in the next)

Buys a 4k console? Who said the system is able to handle 4k?🐒Who said that even the very few 4k games don't look super sharp supersampled to 1440p? No HDR sucks, yes, but that's the life of 99.99999% of hermits, so i can deal with that.

You need some wireless LED's in your life dude. Until then, you just can't stop raging. Get yourself some wireless LED's🙃

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

I'm not in the market for either right now. But the screen is too small for me anyway (I preferer 32" + and currently have a 43" Monitor).

It looks like a good monitor for what it is though based on a review i saw (hardware unboxed). A good first crack at this new line from Sony. Fair play.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#67 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

The only problem with wireless audio is it's cheap, easy, generally low quality garbage marketed to gamers who buy into that shit. They are easily impressed with LEDs so they usually toss a few of those in for cheap. Stuff like Sennheiser, AKG, Hifiman, Beyerdynamics, etc beat the shit out of your Turtle Beach stuff any day.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 sealionact

@eoten said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

The only problem with wireless audio is it's cheap, easy, generally low quality garbage marketed to gamers who buy into that shit. They are easily impressed with LEDs so they usually toss a few of those in for cheap. Stuff like Sennheiser, AKG, Hifiman, Beyerdynamics, etc beat the shit out of your Turtle Beach stuff any day.

…and so they should. They‘re aiming at the audio market. Hardwenzen is just pissed because I argued that the Xbox wireless headset is unbeatable at the price and includes features aimed at gaming that audio headsets twice the price didn’t have.…and there’s no silly LED’s on them either.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By sealionact
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

Buys a 4k console? Who said the system is able to handle 4k?🐒Who said that even the very few 4k games don't look super sharp supersampled to 1440p? No HDR sucks, yes, but that's the life of 99.99999% of hermits, so i can deal with that.

You need some wireless LED's in your life dude. Until then, you just can't stop raging. Get yourself some wireless LED's🙃

Just seems bizarre that you’re calling me out for enjoying a 99 buck headset when you seem happy enough with the multitude of compromises that you are putting yourself through. Meanwhile, I can choose between my Dolby Atmos system, or Atmos through the headset with native 4k gaming with Dolby Vision.

I mean, I could handle all those cables dangling from the mic and headset - I used to have that in the 90’s - but no HDR? That shit’s pretty basic these days.

As long as you’re happy though…..

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 hardwenzen

@eoten said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

I have been telling this to him for a while, but he doesn't compute. He thinks that his wireless xbox headset is better than my AKG K712pros and the sennheiser HD560s🐒🐒🐒Its wired and has no led's, tho, so its obviously shit🤣

All those companies that release shit under the "gamers" label are feasting on him and the likes of him.😎Now, i could understand if he was a teenagers that doesn't know any better, but its a grown ass adult that is "hardcore" enough to waste a bunch of time on gaming forums. I expect these kind of ppl to be at least a bit "in-the-know". Not his case, tho🤭

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Just seems bizarre that you’re calling me out for enjoying a 99 buck headset when you seem happy enough with the multitude of compromises that you are putting yourself through. Meanwhile, I can choose between my Dolby Atmos system, or Atmos through the headset with native 4k gaming with Dolby Vision.

I mean, I could handle all those cables dangling from the mic and headset - I used to have that in the 90’s - but no HDR? That shit’s pretty basic these days.

As long as you’re happy though…..

If i cared about getting a big screen, i would get a big screen🤷‍♂️Do i want proper HDR? Yes, yes i do. But the way my audio and video is connected between pc and the ps5 is just too practical, and i don't want it to change. The day a pc is capable of easily handling 4k/60fps is the day i will buy a 4k MONITOR with full HDR support. And i was thinking of getting Atmos, but when i saw that barely anything supported it, what's the point?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

4k 144hz instead of making 1440p work for PS5? Odd choice. Most PS5 games don't go over 60 fps at 4K. Some go under 60 fps. Muchless 144fps.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

As a PC gamer, I have a humble lg c1 oled tv as a monitor and atmos 9.1 soundbar for sound. 🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12948 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

But here we're, Sony themselves are releasing monitors for the ps5🤷‍♂️

Um, it's for Microsoft Windows PC's.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

@zaryia said:

4k 144hz instead of making 1440p work for PS5? Odd choice. Most PS5 games don't go over 60 fps at 4K. Some go under 60 fps. Muchless 144fps.

Yea, but this is also aimed for ultra insecure PC gamers with top tier GPUs

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Zaryia
@SolidGame_basic said:
@zaryia said:

Yea, but this is also aimed for ultra insecure PC gamers with top tier GPUs

Breh I bought a Neo G7 for that. 10x the zones of this M9, 5" bigger, 3x the native contrast, and 20 more hz.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 hardwenzen

@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

If it was only aiming for pc, they would have a 1440p option.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Zaryia

@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

Hopefully with the rtx4xxx and xt7xxx series (next gen GPUs) more 4k monitors will come. As 4k 100fps+ will be more common with those cards.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

Hopefully with the rtx4xxx and xt7xxx series (next gen GPUs) more 4k monitors will come. As 4k 100fps+ will be more common with those cards.

That's what i am hoping, but the jump better be insane, because with the 3000 series we're nowhere near there.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:
@eoten said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

I have been telling this to him for a while, but he doesn't compute. He thinks that his wireless xbox headset is better than my AKG K712pros and the sennheiser HD560s🐒🐒🐒Its wired and has no led's, tho, so its obviously shit🤣

All those companies that release shit under the "gamers" label are feasting on him and the likes of him.😎Now, i could understand if he was a teenagers that doesn't know any better, but its a grown ass adult that is "hardcore" enough to waste a bunch of time on gaming forums. I expect these kind of ppl to be at least a bit "in-the-know". Not his case, tho🤭

Nowhere did I say a 99 buck gaming headset was better than an “audiophile” headset that costs way more. Nowhere.

i did. say that for 99 bucks, the Xbox wireless headset is the best deal for the price….and then you got all triggered and upset.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 hardwenzen

@sealionact: lol stop. Before that thing was even released, you were praising it like the rest is irrelevant. When it came out and i showed you its pathetic reviews, then you changed to "show me a better product for the same amount", talking about stupid equalizers and it being wireless as the strength of that POS. Its garbage. It was garbage when it was announced, and its exactra garbage a year later. Next time MS announces an audio related item, stop being a fanboy of everything Microsoft and open your eyes. A company that is not known to produce audio will not release a higher quality product than a company that has been doing this for 50 plus years. And even if Sony is known for audio, they will never sell you a quality headset under their "gaming" label.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#83 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

If I wanted to game at a desk this would be cool (but I don't), and for the price of the M9 I could get a decent UHDTV on sale.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 sealionact

@hardwenzen: lol, you mean the reviews that knocked off points because it had poor noise isolation when on an airplane?😂😂

Yes, I asked you for a better deal for 99 bucks, and the best you came up with was a second hand headset!😅

Love how you call me out about the headset on a completely unrelated thread, and then plead with me to “stop”….:

Giggling again….

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@sealionact: I would much rather get a Razr Kiara Pro for $99 than the Xbox headset. Or even the SteelSeries Arctis 1 wireless. But personally I'd just spend the extra $30-50 and get something that's actually good like the SteelSeries Arctis 7X or the Plantronics rig 800lx.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

People complaining about the price of the M9 clearly have never looked at high end monitor prices. This is the cheapest monitor on the market with semi-real HDR and it's not even close.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SolidGame_basic

@techhog89 said:

People complaining about the price of the M9 clearly have never looked at high end monitor prices. This is the cheapest monitor on the market with semi-real HDR and it's not even close.

thank you, Sony

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: lol, you mean the reviews that knocked off points because it had poor noise isolation when on an airplane?😂😂

Yes, I asked you for a better deal for 99 bucks, and the best you came up with was a second hand headset!😅

Love how you call me out about the headset on a completely unrelated thread, and then plead with me to “stop”….:

Giggling again….

I facepalm every time i read your comments, little sealion🤡

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Techhog89

@SolidGame_basic said:
@techhog89 said:

thank you, Sony

The cheapest 4k 144Hz monitor I can find is $650 MSRP ($580 on sale currently). Good monitors aren't cheap.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#90 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Stick to my cheap HDTV.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 hardwenzen

@techhog89: Listen buddy, you're a sheep or a cow. You can't be both. Choose carefully.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Techhog89

@hardwenzen said:

@techhog89: Listen buddy, you're a sheep or a cow. You can't be both. Choose carefully.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 hardwenzen

@techhog89 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Any idea what the sink is doing down there?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 SolidGame_basic

@techhog89:I think you upset @hardwenzen

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#95  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

$900 for a 27" GAMING monitor...😂

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By SolidGame_basic
@Pedro said:

You’re just mad that Xbox didn’t come up with their own monitor 😆 but they eventually will and you will claim they are being innovative 🤣

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1244 Posts
Loading Video...

A good review for you people. I'm still skipping this 'cause 4K isn't worth the performance hit right now, even though I have a 3080 Ti. Call me when they make a 1440p or an Ultrawide.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

@Pedro said:

You must have missed the some of the earlier 4k 144hz monitors in 2020. Some of them were $2000 on launch

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Pedro

@mazuiface: Pointing out that there are more expensive monitors doesn't change anything. Not sure why you thought it would.🤔

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic: Baited.😂