Sony and Microsoft lose 09

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DeliriumGlo
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts

While this is all just one giant pissing contest, and I'm sure Microsoft and Sony are more interested in the papery green stuff, did anyone think maybe neither company will win the sales contest this year. We all know that software sales is where it's at, at least it better be or Sony is in big trouble. It occurs to me that while PC's and Mac's while not direct competitors will be the big winners this year.

If were talking Game of the Year and sales I would bet there is at least 10 million Koreans over here in Seoul who beg to differ sing Blizzard singlehandedly wins 2009, and Starcraft 2 is game of the year. Let us not forget we're talking about a game that has one of the largest online communities 10 years strong, and has survived a legion of pretenders to the RTS throne.

I don't think anyone is going to disagree that Starcraft2 is going to boot-stomp GoW3 and any Halo game, short of Halo 4 in sales. Not to mention Diablo II was kinda popular and held the sales record till it was broken by Warcraft III, which was broken by World of Warcraft. They have the trackrecord and Diablo 3 is slated for 09.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

GoW 3 > starcraft 2

There are better RTS's.

DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DeliriumGlo

GoW 3 > starcraft 2

There are better RTS's.

knight-k

I don't really need to dignify this with a response but I'll do it anyway.

:lol:

phatrawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 phatrawk
Member since 2003 • 187 Posts
(Anything Blizzard) + Korea = Profit!
Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Stonin
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

GoW 3 > starcraft 2

There are better RTS's.

knight-k

Classic. This is fanboyism at it's absolute best.

Please feel free to take notes.

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jasonheyman
Member since 2006 • 1683 Posts

While this is all just one giant pissing contest, and I'm sure Microsoft and Sony are more interested in the papery green stuff, did anyone think maybe neither company will win the sales contest this year. We all know that software sales is where it's at, at least it better be or Sony is in big trouble. It occurs to me that while PC's and Mac's while not direct competitors will be the big winners this year.

If were talking Game of the Year and sales I would bet there is at least 10 million Koreans over here in Seoul who beg to differ sing Blizzard singlehandedly wins 2009, and Starcraft 2 is game of the year. Let us not forget we're talking about a game that has one of the largest online communities 10 years strong, and has survived a legion of pretenders to the RTS throne.

I don't think anyone is going to disagree that Starcraft2 is going to boot-stomp GoW3 and any Halo game, short of Halo 4 in sales. Not to mention Diablo II was kinda popular and held the sales record till it was broken by Warcraft III, which was broken by World of Warcraft. They have the trackrecord and Diablo 3 is slated for 09.

DeliriumGlo

To say sony and microsoft lose 09 is nothing more than a bold opinion. PC's have their good titles and so do consoles if you can't see that then your ignoring that fact on purpose...

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Gaming is always about money. Its a business. Why do people not understand this.
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts
[QUOTE="DeliriumGlo"]

jasonheyman

To say sony and microsoft lose 09 is nothing more than a bold opinion. PC's have their good titles and so do consoles if you can't see that then your ignoring that fact on purpose...

I'm going to back that up too with the tech for pc gaming it's the rise of pc gaming for 5 year or more to come babby!!!

project offset,wofintseten,demi god, guildwars 2 yea consoles will be bowing to ti's true master the pc!!!!

lets face it crysis alone blows all fps ever made on console away!!!

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jasonheyman
I'm going to back that up too with the tech for pc gaming it's the rise of pc gaming for 5 year or more to come babby!!!

project offset,wofintseten,demi god, guildwars 2 yea consoles will be bowing to ti's true master the pc!!!!

blackdreamhunk

Ok "blackdreamhunk" first off calm down! I am not saying PC's are flopping or that they don't have good titles! And I know they put out better graphics well the right PC's do not all of course! But the "best" graphics are not everything to all gamers!....

What I am saying is Sony and Microsoft losing 09 is a very big and bold opinion! I don't agree with it, because with sales and consoles own big titles I don't see that happening....

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]I'm going to back that up too with the tech for pc gaming it's the rise of pc gaming for 5 year or more to come babby!!!

jasonheyman

Ok "blackdreamhunk" first off calm down! I am not saying PC's are flopping or that they don't have good titles! And I know they put out better graphics well the right PC's do not all of course! But the "best" graphics are not everything to all gamers!....

What I am saying is Sony and Microsoft losing 09 is a very big and bold opinion! I don't agree with it, because with sales and consoles own big titles I don't see that happening....

ok you want proff

http://www.stardock.com/vidplayer/vids/dg.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22926.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38336.html

these are just the begining. Crysis has already put fps consoles to shame! we got guild wars 2 coming and then blizzard games Id software has wofinsten will be maxed on pc. what next van the console even compete.

Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts
[QUOTE="jasonheyman"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]I'm going to back that up too with the tech for pc gaming it's the rise of pc gaming for 5 year or more to come babby!!!

blackdreamhunk

ok you want proff

these are just the begining. Crysis has already put fps consoles to shame! we got guild wars 2 coming and then blizzard games Id software has wofinsten will be maxed on pc. what next van the console even compete.

Are you joking my Friend? I'll take R2 over Crysis anyday on content and re-playability alone. Hell, your chatting with a person who also has LBP payed for... I watched those trailers and wasn't impressed. When im done building my rig i wouldnt buy one of those games you showed only Crysis and that just to see whats the big deal is honestly.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="jasonheyman"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]I'm going to back that up too with the tech for pc gaming it's the rise of pc gaming for 5 year or more to come babby!!!

Gamersince81

ok you want proff

Are you joking my Friend? I'll take R2 over Crysis anyday on content and re-playability alone. Hell, your chatting with a person who also has LBP payed for... I watched those trailers and wasn't impressed. When im done building my rig i wouldnt buy one of those games you showed only Crysis and that just to see whats the big deal is honestly.

here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyQTCeobZlg

http://pc.ign.com/articles/909/909584p1.html

sorry there buddy but consoles are old news and will be.

If crytek can do this picture what blizzard or any pc game dev can do!

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

GoW 3 > starcraft 2

There are better RTS's.

knight-k

OMG,:lol:

I'm speechless:shock:

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="knight-k"]

GoW 3 > starcraft 2

There are better RTS's.

Snugenz

diablo and guild wars 2

Man guild wars 2 is going to be insane!!!!

MKLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MKLOL
Member since 2007 • 2080 Posts

SC2 is my favorite game, but Starcraft and God of war or halo don't attract the same audience

Starcraft is for PC gamers that love RTSs

Halo is a shooter for consoles, that doesn't really atract the Starcraft audience...

But in 2009 I'd Rather be a PC only gamer then a Console only gamer,but I'm glad I'm both

xkojimax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 xkojimax
Member since 2006 • 1082 Posts

no one ever wins. everyone makes millions of dollars and stay happy. people buy their games.

it's all about opinion. one person can say 'SC2 or diablo 3 GOTY !!!111one' and someone else who is a console gamer might say 'NO WAI GEARS 2 !!!11111111oenasdqsadz'

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blackdreamhunk
yea pc gaming will console shame this coming new year, even Id software said it. I can't wait!!!
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Snugenz
[QUOTE="Snugenz"][QUOTE="knight-k"]

GoW 3 > starcraft 2

There are better RTS's.

blackdreamhunk

diablo and guild wars 2

Ok not i'm confused, what do Diablo 3 and GW2 have to do with me being shocked by Knight-k's post ??

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="Snugenz"][QUOTE="knight-k"]

GoW 3 > starcraft 2

There are better RTS's.

Snugenz

diablo and guild wars 2

Ok not i'm confused, what do Diablo 3 and GW2 have to do with me being shocked by Knight-k's post ??

those two games alonewill smash console tittles!!! with the power pc gamers have now games will be insane.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Snugenz
[QUOTE="Snugenz"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="Snugenz"][QUOTE="knight-k"]

GoW 3 > starcraft 2

There are better RTS's.

blackdreamhunk

diablo and guild wars 2

those two games alonewill smash console tittles!!! with the power pc gamers have now games will be insane.

I agree that they'll be great games, why are you telling me this though?

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
No one cares about PC gaming, go back to being isolated. Theres a reason why theres such a bitter rivalry against the 360 and ps3, it's cause the majority on these boards are living happily in ignorance.
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="Snugenz"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="Snugenz"][QUOTE="knight-k"]

GoW 3 > starcraft 2

There are better RTS's.

Snugenz

diablo and guild wars 2

I agree, why are you telling me this though?

Because hes a rampent hermit if there ever was one.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blackdreamhunk

truth hurts but mark my words you will see pc raise this just the begining! spore, crysis is just the start! it will put console to shame!! you wait and you will see!

consoles can't even compete with the pc with all the new tech!

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jasonheyman

truth hurts but mark my words you will see pc raise this just the begining! spore, crysis is just the start! it will put console to shame!! you wait and you will see!

blackdreamhunk

lol good gosh man. Instead of sending youtube videos you need to go on the net and look up console sales! And I can promise you it does compete and very very well at that....

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]

jasonheyman

lol good gosh man. Instead of sending youtube videos you need to go on the net and look up console sales! And I can promise you it does compete and very very well at that....

you have no clue do you, guildwars makes more than mgs4 over 5 mill sold, daiblo sales are off the chart it's up there with sims. starcraft will be over kill

you words are meaning less when pc gaming sweeeps!!!

on top of that you have the tech!

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jasonheyman
you have no clue do you, guildwars makes more than mgs4 over 5 mill sold, daiblo sales are off the chart it's up there with sims. starcraft will be over kill

blackdreamhunk

I think I have a pretty good clue;) I could sit here and list you hot titles for all the consoles well at least 360 and PS3 just this holiday season alone that will rake in unbelieveable numbers my friend

xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xXMcClaneXx
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
personally im not excited for starcraft 2 at all......but diablo 3 is a much different story all together...i borderline need D3
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]you have no clue do you, guildwars makes more than mgs4 over 5 mill sold, daiblo sales are off the chart it's up there with sims. starcraft will be over kill

jasonheyman

I think I have a pretty good clue;) I could sit here and list you hot titles for all the consoles well at least 360 and PS3 just this holiday season alone that will rake in unbelieveable numbers my friend

no will care about console when those games come out. You want proff of how poplar pc gaming is. take a good look at E3.

Lets take blizzard for exmaple! their show sold tikets a $100 a pop to see blizzard! guildwars brings in just as meny people. E3 will be a good exmaple what pc gaming will do to console next year!!!

we have not even touch the tech side of it yet too. Project offset will be a real treat for all pc gamers

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

Empire Total War > Starcraft 2

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jasonheyman
no will care about console when those games come out. You want proff of how poplar pc gaming is. take a good look at E3.

Lets take blizzard for exmaple! their show sold tikets a $100 a pop to see blizzard! guildwars brings in just as meny people. E3 will be a good exmaple what pc gaming will do to console next year!!!

blackdreamhunk

Ok I watched E3 and seen the PC stuff ALONG with the console stuff! Both had very good stuff! And as far as consoles go MS stole the show with the revamp to Xbox live and all the games announced.... PS had their strong point and so did the wii for that type of audience.... E3 really only proved that consoles are getting stronger yet...

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

GoW 3 > starcraft 2

There are better RTS's.

knight-k

Neither are out yet.

They are two different genres.

Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts
Sudden Strike > Starcraft
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"] no will care about console when those games come out. You want proff of how poplar pc gaming is. take a good look at E3.

jasonheyman

Ok I watched E3 and seen the PC stuff ALONG with the console stuff! Both had very good stuff! And as far as consoles go MS stole the show with the revamp to Xbox live and all the games announced.... PS had their strong point and so did the wii for that type of audience.... E3 really only proved that consoles are getting stronger yet...

you know what I am going to say to you talk is cheap! just prepare for the hail storm pc gaming is going to bring out for 5 more years!!!
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mo0ksi
[QUOTE="jasonheyman"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"] no will care about console when those games come out. You want proff of how poplar pc gaming is. take a good look at E3.

blackdreamhunk

you what I am going to say to you talk is cheap! just prepare for the hail storm pc gaming is going to bring out for 5 more years!!!

Wow will you shut up already?

I hope that you're aware that even hermits don't side with you.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="jasonheyman"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"] no will care about console when those games come out. You want proff of how poplar pc gaming is. take a good look at E3.

mo0ksi

you what I am going to say to you talk is cheap! just prepare for the hail storm pc gaming is going to bring out for 5 more years!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTghUoScGO8&feature=related

talk is so cheap! :lol:

DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DeliriumGlo

Well I'm not a Hermit, I can't be I only use Apples, and I'm not a Lemming though I bought an Xbox 360 a little less then a month ago. I love and adore Gears of War and Bioshock is absolutely amazing, I haven't been this engrossed since Resident Evil 4. However I've had Warcraft III for going on 5 years now, prior to that I played Warcraft II religiously, and I just finished playing a four player deathmatch. Their games have real legs.

Now I know RTS's aren't everybody's cup of tea; god know they should be. But Blizzard has it's bases covered with Diablo III. There is no way you can play a Diablo title and not get addicted, not to mention carpal-tunnel. With Starcraft II, and Diablo III simultaneously out there is no doubt that blizzard will own sales come 2009, not to mention the 10 million users who will upgrade Word of Warcraft with Wrath of the Lich King.

Like some people said above it's not about losing because they all make bank. I just think Blizzard is going to be the big winner this year.

Palax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Palax
Member since 2003 • 2399 Posts
Starcraft is quite simply one of the best games ever made.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mo0ksi
[QUOTE="mo0ksi"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="jasonheyman"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"] no will care about console when those games come out. You want proff of how poplar pc gaming is. take a good look at E3.

blackdreamhunk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTghUoScGO8&feature=related

talk is so cheap! :lol:

I think I already knew that about you since all of your posts consisted of pointless Youtube videos.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
Starcraft 2 is one of my most anticipated games for next year. I can't wait to have LAN parties with friends for this game. So many countless nights playing Starcraft 1. Man, those were the good times.
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blackdreamhunk

you go and say that to sony or micro soft. Even Ea is preparing for a blizzard!

ra data will back my points too. project offset and crysis is just the bgegining!

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

you go and say that to sony or micro soft. Even Ea is preparing for a blizzard!

ra data will back my points too. project offset and crysis is just the bgegining!

blackdreamhunk

If talk is so cheap then why are you still blowing gas?

DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DeliriumGlo
[QUOTE="DeliriumGlo"]

jasonheyman

Point taken and I won't deny the fact that Consoles have great titles. In 2009 three of my most anticipated games, Beyond Good and Evil 2, Resident Evil 5, and Final Fantasy 13 are all coming to Xbox. I'm merely staying that all these fanboys screaming that God of War 3, Killzone 2, or whatever this new Halo thing is is going to have monster sales and game of the year is simply wrong. Ultimately this is to piss of Fanboys, Hermits excluded for obvious reasons.

DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DeliriumGlo

Sudden Strike > StarcraftCloud_Insurance

Wow I don't smell a hater.

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

I agree with the second poster.

SC isn't the best RTs. But I don't think GOWIII is going to be better.

I think WCIII was better than SC, and unless SCII really destroys it, I don't think that opinion will change.

DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DeliriumGlo
Well I certainly agree with you about Warcraft III.