Some Youtube user has X1 already.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

http://gearnuke.com/youtube-user-claims-already-retail-xbox-one-shows-unboxing-video/

Thats pretty crazy if true.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

People always managed to get things early.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

http://gearnuke.com/youtube-user-claims-already-retail-xbox-one-shows-unboxing-video/

Thats pretty crazy if true.

Promised_Trini
his daddy stole it off shipment truck
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52451 Posts
Meanwhile at Microsoft..
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Meanwhile at Microsoft..freedomfreak

Meh, they'll find him through Kinect anyway.

It's mandatory for a reason.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Meanwhile at Microsoft..Cyberdot

Meh, they'll find him through Kinect anyway.

It's mandatory for a reason.

lol. ok... It's so mandatory that you could put it back in the box and put it in your trash can if you like
lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lunar1122
Member since 2012 • 784 Posts

he probably cant even play it since it might need a day 1 patch

EXLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 EXLINK
Member since 2003 • 5719 Posts

He shows a white box, which isn't the retail box of the Xbox One. Unless he posts a video with the Xbox One on and/or playing a game I'm inclined to believe this is probably some kid that works at a Microsoft Store and got his hands on a demo Xbox One unit which is non-functional (the console is just the chassis, no internals). Probably recorded the video in-store as well.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

He shows a white box, which isn't the retail box of the Xbox One. Unless he posts a video with the Xbox One on and/or playing a game I'm inclined to believe this is probably some kid that works at a Microsoft Store and got his hands on a demo Xbox One unit which is non-functional (the console is just the chassis, no internals). Probably recorded the video in-store as well.

EXLINK

What you said,could be true also.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

"Uhhh.. ahhmmmm... errrrr... here's the controller... ermmm these are thicker ahhhmmmm..."

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

It's a dev kit, not the final retail product. He tries to conceal the dev kit stickers with booklets and power cable/brick garbage.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

It's a dev kit, not the final retail product. He tries to conceal the dev kit stickers with booklets and power cable/brick garbage.

DrTrafalgarLaw
It will still be able to play games, so who cares if its a dev kit, or a final retail unit.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

emgesp
It will still be able to play games, so who cares if its a dev kit, or a final retail unit.

It matters a lot, dev kits usually have twice the memory of final retail product. Microsoft always shows off games on a PC or dev kit so the outdated ddr3 memory bottleneck does not show.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

emgesp

It matters a lot, dev kits usually have twice the memory of final retail product. Microsoft always shows off games on a PC or dev kit so the outdated ddr3 memory bottleneck does not show.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

[QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

DrTrafalgarLaw

Can't all Xbox One's be used as dev kits?

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts
The AA batteries make it look so cheesy.
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

DrTrafalgarLaw
Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts
The AA batteries make it look so cheesy.Netherscourge
yes portable electricity is cheesy, hence why I use whale oil for all my power needs.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]The AA batteries make it look so cheesy.Evo_nine
yes portable electricity is cheesy, hence why I use whale oil for all my power needs.

Hello old friend. 

The other day I saw a cow complaining about the Xbox 360 still using Batteries, claiming Sony were past that. 

I wanted to say to this gentleman "Excuse me sir, what exactly is a Lithium Ion Cell? Is it some type of battery? Yes it is! Was sir expecting the Playstation 4 controller to be nuclear powered? Petrol powered? Solar powered? What exactly did you think 'lithium ion' means?"

Not much point though as I knew this individual to be a cretin with a one track mind. 

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Netherscourge

[QUOTE="Evo_nine"][QUOTE="Netherscourge"]The AA batteries make it look so cheesy.psymon100

Hello old friend. 

The other day I saw a cow complaining about the Xbox 360 still using Batteries, claiming Sony were past that. 

I wanted to say to this gentleman "Excuse me sir, what exactly is a Lithium Ion Cell? Is it some type of battery? Yes it is! Was sir expecting the Playstation 4 controller to be nuclear powered? Petrol powered? Solar powered? What exactly did you think 'lithium ion' means?"

Not much point though as I knew this individual to be a cretin with a one track mind. 

Lithium Ion means less dead batteries filling up landfills. I'm sure the gentleman mentioned that in your conversation?

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 psymon100

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

[QUOTE="Evo_nine"] yes portable electricity is cheesy, hence why I use whale oil for all my power needs. Netherscourge

Hello old friend. 

Lithium Ion means less dead batteries filling up landfills. I'm sure the gentleman mentioned that in your conversation?

Does it? Does it really?

The Nickel Cadmium rechargable cell exists. The Nickel Metal Hydride cell exists. 

I haven't needed AA dry cells for about a decade. 

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 psymon100

hey psymon, weren't you one of the guys who actually played the x1?  if so what are your thoughts on it overall.

kingoflife9

There you are my comedic poster pal :)

I thought it was quite good yeah. I walked into the expo expecting PS4 to take the cake and I was shocked. I expected Ryse to be crap, but it was good fun. Killer Instinct ... I'm bored of fighting games, but I watched a bit of it and I thought it looked quite cool. Maybe I just got bored of Tekken / Street Fighter rather than fighting games. The graphics exceeded what I saw on the PS4 - but this is pre release, and I didn't see multiplats next to each other. 

Shocking I know, but that was what myself, and the two people I attended the expo all agreed we saw. 

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Netherscourge

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

Hello old friend. 

psymon100

Does it? Does it really?

The Nickel Cadmium rechargable cell exists. The Nickel Metal Hydride cell exists. 

I haven't needed AA dry cells for about a decade. 

So you need to buy a charger and a couple set of rechargable batteries to go along with your controller...

Because, of course, the XB1 doesn't even come with a charge kit or rechargeable batteries/pack.

More money down the drain.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 psymon100

So you need to buy a charger and a couple set of rechargable batteries to go along with your controller...

Because, of course, the XB1 doesn't even come with a charge kit or rechargeable batteries/pack.

Netherscourge

No, I don't need to buy a charger. I already told you that I have one. 

I am aware it doesn't come with these things. I never pretended otherwise. 

No more money will be spent by me. 

So you accept that you were incorrect? I have educated you. Now you are aware that rechargable AA batteries exist? Before you were totally ignorant. 

You're welcome. 

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Netherscourge

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

psymon100

So you accept that you were incorrect? I have educated you. Now you are aware that rechargable AA batteries exist? Before you were totally ignorant. 

You're welcome. 

You've confirmed that everyone except you needs to buy a charger and rechargable batteries to make up for the lack of a charge kit and a rechargable battery pack in the XB1 base set.

Yes. Thank you for that. Confirmations are always a plus.

;)

BTW - are the forums acting wonky tonight? Or is my ISP going bonkers?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#32 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts
He was pretty happy to have one.
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Netherscourge

According to the site update, it's actually a DEV KIT - so his daddy is probably a XB1 game developer and he thought he would be slick by posting a bogus unboxinig video.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 psymon100

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

Netherscourge

You're welcome. 

You've confirmed that everyone except you needs to buy a charger and rechargable batteries to make up for the lack of a charge kit and a rechargable battery pack in the XB1 base set.

Yes. Thank you for that. Confirmations are always a plus.

LOL! Only because that's what you asked me! You said 'you', so I answered based on the way you phrased the question. You didn't ask about everyone else in the world. How the hell am I supposed to answer that? The confirmation you received was that the assumptions you made about me were (surprise surprise) wrong!

Also, it's definitely not my fault you're unable to phrase a question correctly. 

Now you've made an interesting statement. "You've confirmed that everyone except you needs to buy a charger and rechargable batteries"... You're going to need to prove this statement. I think it's a lie, and/or, I think you cannot prove it. 

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

He was pretty happy to have one.Stevo_the_gamer

Maybe he's reselling? :o

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
Yeah I kinda figured that guy would get it early. He is a ex-friend of a ex-lover.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 psymon100

did you play titanfall as well?  and are you sure the games werent being played on a pc with a xbox controller.

kingoflife9

I didn't get to play or see Titanfall, no. 

Yes - for both PS4 and XB1 I followed the HDMI cables from the TV to the box. However - I wasn't allowed to touch them or anything. They could still pull the wool over my eyes if they wanted to by using dummy boxes and passing cables through. 

Hopefully you'll get an opportunity to have a look yourself. 

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 psymon100

i doubt it, no expo is coming to nyc shockingly.... i have both pre ordered and am still deciding which to go with.

kingoflife9

You're in New York City? Damn yo, that's cool. And no PS4/XB1 demo is coming? What the hell? Millions of people live there. 

That would be pretty cool if you got both. Can you afford it?

killerneub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 killerneub
Member since 2010 • 214 Posts

"We got... this thing.. ya and we got the booklets ,, aaaand here's the kinect thing.. what's that. oh the plug i guess"
ha, this kind isn't the brightest even if he's 12

Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts

Dev kits and retail kits are the same thing on the Xbox One. None of our dev kits came in retail boxes.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

"We got... this thing.. ya and we got the booklets ,, aaaand here's the kinect thing.. what's that. oh the plug i guess"

killerneub
why are you posting the same like 3 times?
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 psymon100

[QUOTE="killerneub"]

Tessellation

why are you posting the same like 3 times?

That's happening everywhere at the moment dude. It's because of Gamespot and the good old 'OOPS' that we know and love as dearly as cows love CELL I mean x86. 

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Sound likes a typical xbox gamer