So...why own a PS4 during launch, now?

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

To get Killzone! I absolutely despised the first 3 Killzone games but I know that this one will be completely different to all the others.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Watchdogs had little to do with me not picking the spybox and going with the PS4, there's still going to be plenty of good gaming on it.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#53  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Yes only reason is Shadow Fall to get a PS4 this year. But next year is when PS4 will get tons of great games, Second Son, The Order 1886, Uncharted 4/new IP, MGSV, maybe even Last Guardian xD

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

10/10 thread. The PS4 has nothing worth buying it for. Borezone: Framerate fall..........6/10. Hahahaha.

Is your avatar wearing a bicycle helmet?

If so, it's fitting.

It is a beanie with Skull Candy headphones. You should recognize them.........your mom got them for me.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@foxhound_fox: I wouldnt say I was either particularly.....its been a looooooooong gen.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

No reason to get the Ps4 at launch, even less reason to get the Xbox 1 at all.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I dont see a reason to own one at all.

I already own a PS3...I didnt wait ten years for the spec upgrade that is the PS4.

Thoroughly dissapointed.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

10/10 thread. The PS4 has nothing worth buying it for. Borezone: Framerate fall..........6/10. Hahahaha.

lol framerate fall? you mean constant 60 at 1080? and SP doesn't count.... MP frame rate is all that matters.. numpty

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@percech said:

Watch Dogs is being delayed and the only thing left is Killzone. Killzone? Well, I guess I should cancel my ambien prescription, I'll sleep like a baby playing this snoozefest.

Watchdogs in been delayed so the only thing left is Forza? Well i guess i should cancel my pre-order..

Oh wait i never pre-order one.hahaha

But but Ryse...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@always_explicit said:

I dont see a reason to own one at all.

I already own a PS3...I didnt wait ten years for the spec upgrade that is the PS4.

Thoroughly dissapointed.

The PS3 is 7 years old...lol

You most be even more disappointed with the xbox one,the 360 is 8 years old 1 more than the PS3 and the xbox one is quite weaker,more expensive and release a week after the PS4...lol

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61 TheShensolidus
Member since 2013 • 224 Posts

I didn't know the PS4's desirability hinged on a multiplatform game available on 5 other platforms.

So, i'm back. The old account was lost due to the site switch up. Would you believe it didn't even have an email address attached to it? Man it was old!

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#62 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Watch Dogs wasn't in my launch list, so same reasons as before: Battlefield 4, KZ Shadow Fall, Planetside 2 and maybe, Assassin's Creed 4.

dogfather76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 dogfather76
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

I have it preordered but there is no launch game that I'm really interested in now that Watchdogs is delayed.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#64 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I am getting one because I enjoy getting a console in is infancy and watching it evolve. Also, I love Killzone.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

To be a part of something bigger than life. To be there from the begging-the inception if you will. To have and to hold the most powerful video game console ever created in the history of video games and knowing it is coupled with Sony's pedigree of world class gaming.

Once in a life time opportunity here guys.

PlayStation®4: The Best Place to Play™

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@blackace said:

@casharmy said:

@Gue1 said:

because the PS4 is the most powerful console ever conceived.

#GreatnessAwaits

I see why Heil68 posts the way he does now, making out well constructed arguments for lemmings is pointless. It's better to just mock them with one liners and watch them rage and be mad that people don't want the new console from the company they worship

PS4ever Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah

What's really funny is there are gamers on here who don't want either game console. lol!! Even the one you worship is irrelevant to many. Yes, your post is just as pointless as Heil68, even though I respect him a bit more. At least he has played the competition systems.

lol, no one cares who you respect dude. and just because I don't put on blast that "I own an xbox thus I am impartial" BS like many people with a fanboy agenda to try to make themselves seem more credible dose not mean I haven't played the competition's systems...please come with more desperate assumptions out of your rear end, it entertains me greatly.

Owned original xbox since it first launched in 2001 and a 360 since 2010.

Thanks for playing tho...

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts
@FoxbatAlpha said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Is your avatar wearing a bicycle helmet?

If so, it's fitting.

It is a beanie with Skull Candy headphones. You should recognize them.........your mom got them for me.

i can understand that. I know my family has always felt obligated to donate to those with special needs.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Why own either consoles at launch?

This

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#70 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Why would you own any console at launch? Content seems to come 1.5-2 years into the life span. I don't understand what the problem patience is.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

I never buy at launch......less games.....bugs that need worked out. But the PS4 is definitely coming home in the near future.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#72  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Those getting it think Killzone is a system seller. I guess standards have lowered.

Transfer_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Transfer_Point
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

For me, it's a huge blow. It was the one game among the launch games I could put my horse behind. Now, for me, it's slim pickings. Really slim. I do not care for FPS games, so that eliminates games like CoD, Battlefield, and Killzone. So, I guess that just leaves me with Assassin's Creed by default, but really, it's probably not something I would have purchased or even played otherwise.

Otherwise, I gotta be honest. If it was not for the fact Wii U is not directly available on first party Amazon, I would probably cancel my PS4 pre-order (which is paid in full with Amazon gift cards), and buy a Wii U instead, and just buy the PS4 later. For me, between Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Mario U, Luigi U, and Mario 3D world, at the moment, there's more interesting games on the Wii U to play than there is on the PS4 launch.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#74 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@Transfer_Point: I got a WiiU shortly after launch and I would strongly suggest you wait and buy one after the price inevitably drops after E3.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SonofK

@casharmy said:

@blackace said:

@casharmy said:

@Gue1 said:

because the PS4 is the most powerful console ever conceived.

#GreatnessAwaits

I see why Heil68 posts the way he does now, making out well constructed arguments for lemmings is pointless. It's better to just mock them with one liners and watch them rage and be mad that people don't want the new console from the company they worship

PS4ever Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah

What's really funny is there are gamers on here who don't want either game console. lol!! Even the one you worship is irrelevant to many. Yes, your post is just as pointless as Heil68, even though I respect him a bit more. At least he has played the competition systems.

lol, no one cares who you respect dude. and just because I don't put on blast that "I own an xbox thus I am impartial" BS like many people with a fanboy agenda to try to make themselves seem more credible dose not mean I haven't played the competition's systems...please come with more desperate assumptions out of your rear end, it entertains me greatly.

Owned original xbox since it first launched in 2001 and a 360 since 2010.

Thanks for playing tho...

That's a nice collection you have there

Transfer_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Transfer_Point
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

@donalbane said:

@Transfer_Point: I got a WiiU shortly after launch and I would strongly suggest you wait and buy one after the price inevitably drops after E3.

I hear ya, but at $300, it's already at my sweet spot, and besides, there's bound to be Black Friday deals next month that lower the price even further.

Otherwise, if it were for not for the customized GamePad (which drives me nuts), I would have already bought the Wind Waker HD bundle.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@Minishdriveby said:

Why would you own any console at launch? Content seems to come 1.5-2 years into the life span. I don't understand what the problem patience is.

Just MS fanboys trying to overhype the the small collection of decent titles the xbox 1 has in order to snare as many people as they can into buying one before the generation gets going and is ultimately left dead in the water like xbox360 has been for the last 4 years.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SonofK

Anyway the only reason to consider buying a PS4 is if you only have current gen consoles and want to play better versions of AC4, COD and Battlefield 4. Other than that buying a console at launch has always been a waste.

brodelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By brodelin
Member since 2005 • 583 Posts

Since I play all multiplats on my PC there is unfortunately no reason for me to buy the console at launch. I will hold off (as I did with the ps3) until they release the next Metal Gear and hopefully there will be a bundle or a price drop by then.

Btw I never enjoyed Killzone nor Infameous.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Because I'm a huge Playstation fanboy.

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

This thread should contain an official health warning..................too SALTY,lol

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#82  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

What's changed between now and E3? The launch line up always looked like shit and Watchdogs isn't even exclusive. (lol, it's even coming out on the Wii U)...

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@casharmy said:

I see why Heil68 posts the way he does now, making out well constructed arguments for lemmings is pointless.

You've never made well constructed arguments anyway. So......

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I'm waiting for next year on both PS4 and X1. Both only have one game worth owning at launch. Plus the inevitable hardware issues that happen at every console launch.

Avatar image for deactivated-600c0d4bc0491
deactivated-600c0d4bc0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-600c0d4bc0491
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I cancelled my PS4 pre-order a while ago because even then I decided the launch line-up wasn't worth it, although I must point out that I have a gaming PC (on which I would play Battlefield 4 anyway). Now that Watch Dogs has been delayed, it really seems like something worth not bothering with.

I'm gonna wait until Spring/Summer next year to re-evaluate the new consoles. Until then, I'll be happy gaming away on my rig. Even GTA V should be out on PC by the time I reconsider the consoles.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Puckhog04

@lundy86_4 said:

@the330and419 said:

Great qyestion actually. Cows are just buying it on hype alone. They heard 399 and went crazy. They didn't stop to think exactly what they would play on the hype machine. Ps3 is still the better choice this holiday than ps4 and that's sad.

Couldn't that be said of any console? The previous console, will always have the better library.

And yet, the Wii U was criticized for not selling as much as the Wii on a regular basis back when it launched. Fanboy Logic.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#87  Edited By deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

Both consoles got no games that interest me to the point of buying the console at launch. That will change when infamous second son comes out

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

1. KZ

2. BF4

3. Indies

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

I wasn't buying a PS4 for Watchdogs so, no skin off my back. Still buying it day 1. Killzone Shadow Fall is enough to keep me busy until Infamous in February.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#90  Edited By Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

I dont get why people are acting like delayed Watch Dogs makes the next-gen consoles not worth buying. It was always coming out on current-gen machines anyway, and if you think they've done any serious work to make it shine on next-gen platforms in less than 12 months notice you're deluding yourself. Look at all the games which came out on Xbox/PS2 and the 360/PS3 simultaneously. None of them looked substantially better on the new machines. FIFA looked like plastic garbage. GUN was literally identical.

The only games which will show off the hardware are first party, and neither Sony nor Microsoft have anything compelling to justify the expenditure on day one. Borezone and another Forza sequel aint gonna cut it.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

pretty much the only reason to get ps4, is if you want to get 'the best' next gen console asap. that console has practically nothing to play on it that you can't already play elsewhere.

get real guys, ps4 can be a great console, probably the best of the 8th gen but its launch was low on games BEFORE driveclub got delayed.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Even without Watch Dogs there is still 31 games coming in November.

BreadNMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#93 BreadNMilk
Member since 2013 • 37 Posts

Buy it now or buy it in 2014, it will still be the same price. If preordered you may as well get it so you can play it now. A price drop wont happen until some time in 2015 at earliest. I wasn't buying Watch Dogs any way. KZSF, CoD Ghosts, and Wolfenstein.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Why own any console at launch?

Avatar image for SirSlimyScrotum
SirSlimyScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SirSlimyScott
Member since 2013 • 275 Posts

Honestly, I can't even get one as it's sold out in many of my local stores.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#96 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

I didn't realize it was the sole reason for. getting a ps4. I guess we're doomed

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97  Edited By Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

Xbox One kills PS4 in the exclusive department at launch, and I have a PS4 preordered based on games coming 3-4 months down the line, not at launch. Infamous 2 and Order 1886 are what make the PS4 shine, not Knack or Drive Club.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Puckhog04

@breadnmilk said:

Buy it now or buy it in 2014, it will still be the same price. If preordered you may as well get it so you can play it now. A price drop wont happen until some time in 2015 at earliest. I wasn't buying Watch Dogs any way. KZSF, CoD Ghosts, and Wolfenstein.

That's what my thinking was with the launch of the 360. 3 RROD errors late, I should've waited.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

People are acting like only Watchdogs was coming to PS4 to warrant a purchase.I am getting a PS4 day one there will be games to play.Here's few for the TC. Warframe,BF4,KZSF,War Thunder,Resogun,and AC4. Those are games I am going to be playing.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#100  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@AAllxxjjnn said:

Why ever own a console? They're inferior to PC in every way.

Opinions vary obviously. Gamers all have their own reasons for not playing games on PC, just like PC gamers have their reasons for not playing on consoles. No game is inferior if the gameplay is good and it's fun and entertaining.