Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

According to consolites, I repeat, according to consolites,

consoles have AAA budgets, big publishers that are supposed to quality control its products, bigger install base, more paying customers, less piracy, no hacking, etc.

Then why console exclusives quality has been decaying year after year, coming to the point that no AAA highly anticipated, widely advertised, inmensely hyped exclusive can´t manage to get decent scores on GS nor on MC in general ?

Why consoles exlusives are getting shorter and shorter on content, which gets cut off for future dlcs, the writing is getting dumber and dumber, the general polishing is no longer existent, as many games require day 1 patches to work, and the prices are steeper and steeper, especially with dlc milking ?

Shouln´t the opposite be true ?

I mean, consolites, allegedly, are bigger paying customers than PC gamers, you pirate less, you buy more. Shouldn´t game developers be punishing PC gamers, and rewarding consolites for the customer loyalty ?

Your games should be richer and richer on content, story telling being exceptional, because your developers have more budgets and can hire more programmenrs, better voice actors and famous writters.

But by some reason, your games are becoming shorter and storytelling poorer.

Rise: Son of Rome got 4. Dead Rising, a 3. Knack, a 4. Killzone, a 7.

Infamous, a decent 8, but not a 9 or 10.

And now Destiny has gotten a 6. The most hyped game of the year. The supposed GOTY.

And all games are mentioned for having poor story writing.

It´s like your big publishers don´t see you as real customers:

"Hey, Bob, last time our game sold really well on consoles. Let´s reward them with less content this time, and let´s save big on good writers, and see how these poor bastards will still be buying it. HAHAHAHAHA (evil lough ensues for half an hour)"

Meanwhile, Divinity: Original Sin tramples on any console exclusive this year, and has given us, PC gamers, 100+ hours of entertament, and has been exceptionally well received worldwide (9 on GS, 87 on MC, 90 on user MC)

Meanwhile, your dear Kojima managed to sell you a 4-hour piece of DLC for thirty bucks. This is how your beloved companies appreciate your loyalty.

PS. I lied about no trolling >:D

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

50 bucks for Ground Zeroes? If you wanna troll, at least inform yourself just a little bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Uhh Bloodborne will prove you wrong. And I will buy a ps4 for it.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#4 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@Gamerno6666: I swear that same sentence was used for destiny as well. :/

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

I think many of them are to busy forcing themselves to play Destiny.

"Hey yall let's kill the same enemies over and over again to get some better loot."

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@bldgirsh: I actually trust from software more than bungie. I know they will deliver.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45090 Posts

Dead Rising 3 got a 7 on consoles, 3 on PC.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jhonMalcovich

@freedomfreak said:

50 bucks for Ground Zeroes? If you wanna troll, at least inform yourself just a little bit.

Lol. Since when informing oneself is a requirement for trolling :D

I know that the price has been changed to 40 bucks, still an obscene ammount of money for one level. But well, nice nitpicking anyway while avoiding the entire point of my thread. You are a true consolite, freedom, on this regard.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

and wasn't that review a updated one for the game on all platforms

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jhonMalcovich

@SolidGame_basic said:

It got a 3 on both PC and X1 as the article itself was a re-review, even the review writer told that in the comments. But still nitpicking, while avoiding the main point of the article.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Since when informing oneself is a requirement for trolling :D

I know that the price has been changed to 40 bucks, still an obscene ammount of money for one level. But well, nice nitpicking anyway while avoiding the entire point of my thread. You are a true consolite, freedom, on this regard.

Makes it harder for people to poke holes in your argument.

It was changed to 30.

I don't care much for your thread. Just saw that, and felt like pointing it out.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

Yo, you guys are going hard on Destiny getting a 6. Hahaha.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Jhon threads are just always so damn cringe.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

PC has higher standards, confirmed?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

8 is flopping hard? smh...

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jhonMalcovich

@Gamerno6666 said:

One game will hardly prove me wrong, as one sample hardly proves anything wrong. It will just be an exception from the rule, as the main tendency of lowering quality will persist among the rest of publishers.

IGN impressions of Order 1886 weren´t very hopeful, for example.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

Because these games are made to appeal to the lowest common denominator, and most of the budget is spent on advertising rather than the game.

Yes they'll have nice assets sometimes, but they'll be short, void of any real gameplay , with tiny set-peices , short campaigns, and recycled automated gameplay.

Reviewers are catching on to that shit. So trolls might be able to boast "big-budgets" which mostly doesn't even go to the game, I'd rather boast more high scoring titles. Maybe this is why PC has more sales and users than all consoles combined?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#18 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Reviewers have started to take notice that they are playing same sh*t over and over again, and those millions of dollars were just for marketing and not for the game itself . Not to mention , bigger budget doesn't make a better game .

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BldgIrsh

@walloftruth: That's the shameless mindset of a rabid fanboy. Games aren't going to get better until people stop buying games based on hype.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

I hope the reason they're flopping is because reviewers have taken notice that nothing has changed between this gen and last gen other than a graphics improvement.

And I think it's a huge reason why PC gaming is getting more and more popular.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BldgIrsh

@chronoschris: Sony is to blame as well... The fact they enticed people wih getting the game by securing exclusive content and denied advertising rights from Microsoft furthered the hype levels for the game.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destinys-first-dlc-the-dark-below-has-its-own-stor/1100-6421768/

lmao tell me these are free....

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

@Cloud_imperium said:

Reviewers have started to take notice that they are playing same sh*t over and over again, and those millions of dollars were just for marketing and not for the game itself . Not to mention , bigger budget doesn't make a better game .

Blame the consumer then. Apparently they buy those games over and over.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

The fact that people keep re-using teh exact same game, over and over and over is concerning. But then again, it seems to be all the potato 4 has nowadays.

Also TC, i hope you're not talking about the WiiU, because Mario Kart 8 at 88 on MC, Bayonetta 2 and Smash coming aswell.

But yes, lol consoles

Dvinity OS 87 MC, Wasteland and POE coming, UT4, Torment and SC

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

What consumers have to do with review scores .? That said , yes consumers should be careful and vote with their wallets .

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

@Cloud_imperium said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

What consumers have to do with review scores .? That said , yes consumers should be careful and vote with their wallets .

You said reviewers were noticing they were playing the same shit over an over....side note: if you want to say shit say shit don't edit it....and consumers buying the same thing over and over is why we have this repetition. They have everything to do with it. Now a game should be reviewed on it's merits....though that doesn't actually happen anyway....reviewer bias and all....but I don't see why you don't get the consumer is the reason for the genres that are created.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@jhonMalcovich: Forza 5 got a 9. Even thought Titanfall isn't exclusive (it is XBox only) it too got a 9. Destiny isn't exclusive at all. There are tons of PC exclusives that flop at well. The Sims Online and The Sims 4 both flopped. The recently released Firewall also flopped. Lots of PC exclusive flop just as much as any console game. Dead Rising 3 scored better on game consoles. LMAO!! DR3 got a damn 3 on the most powerful system. What a joke.

Please stop making threads. All you're are doing is embarrassing yourself.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BldgIrsh

@chronoschris: Sony isn't going to put down large sum of cash for a games development without seeing the games state...

If they didn't see the game at all and invested blindly. Then I can see why they're going bankrupt.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

ive had more fun with some $10-$20 steam games then some of these so called AAA $60 games.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@papatrop said:

I hope the reason they're flopping is because reviewers have taken notice that nothing has changed between this gen and last gen other than a graphics improvement.

MMO's, MOBA's & cheap games on Steam are what's becoming more popular. There are millions of gamers watching these game tournaments using PC games and it's growing the market. The game console market will start to see larger grow now that all three next-gen consoles are on the market.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@papatrop said:

What's changed on pc?

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

I know it look bad right now but you need to understand, these "big AAA titles" you mentions are all xbone games.

Like last gen, or the gens before that, the grey games are coming for the Playstation, like it or not.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cranler

What games got shorter?

I remember pc going from Unreal and Quake 2 having campaign with mp to mp only. I see the opposite happening on consoles with games getting added modes.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@Cranler said:

@papatrop said:

What's changed on pc?

Nothing. Cheaper way to game. One decent PC will last years for gaming.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jhonMalcovich

@blackace said:

@jhonMalcovich: Forza 5 got a 9. Even thought Titanfall isn't exclusive (it is XBox only) it too got a 9. Destiny isn't exclusive at all. There are tons of PC exclusives that flop at well. The Sims Online and The Sims 4 both flopped. The recently released Firewall also flopped. Lots of PC exclusive flop just as much as any console game. Dead Rising 3 scored better on game consoles. LMAO!! DR3 got a damn 3 on the most powerful system. What a joke.

Forza 5 is literally being the only high scored exclusive on Xbox One, even though most gamers reported that Forza V had drastically less content than its predecesor. And no, Titanfall is NOT xbox exclusive. LOL. And by laughing at DR3 on PC, you are laughing at X ONE as well, you know, as that review has been re-review for both PC and Xbox One.

And I don´t see embarrassing myself as mot people on this thread seem to agree with me. Have a nice day.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

#loljhonthread

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@blackace said:

But in the end PC has far more 8-9 scoring exclusives, while console isn't catching up due to all these major flops.

They have pretty tiny libraries, and can't really afford these flops.

These companies really have to stop making such poor games when its all the system has.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Cranler

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Cranler said:

@papatrop said:

What's changed on pc?

Where can I get a $400 prebuilt that's guaranteed to play every multiplat this gen?

As far as games it depends on the gamers habits. I see plenty of gamers buying pc games at full price on steam then they get lured into games they never wanted to buy in steam sales so they end up with a gigantic backlog of games they'll never have time for.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BldgIrsh

@chronoschris: The fact that you are suggesting that Sony may not have paid anything at all for exclusive content and advertising exclusivity... Ya, I am not gonna argue with a brick wall.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic

@Cranler said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Cranler said:

@papatrop said:

What's changed on pc?

Where can I get a $400 prebuilt that's guaranteed to play every multiplat this gen?

As far as games it depends on the gamers habits. I see plenty of gamers buying pc games at full price on steam then they get lured into games they never wanted to buy in steam sales so they end up with a gigantic backlog of games they'll never have time for.

Where did I mention price? Nonetheless budget builds do exist and they aren't that much more than consoles if you know how to shop. And Steam games cost less than full retail console games dude.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@Cranler said:they get lured into games they never wanted to buy in steam sales so they end up with a gigantic backlog of games they'll never have time for.

Trolling.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Cranler

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@blackace said:

But in the end PC has far more 8-9 scoring exclusives, while console isn't catching up due to all these major flops.

These companies really have to stop making such poor games when its all the system has.

"Destiny," the new video game from the creators of the "Halo" franchise, is already setting industry records.

Activision-Blizzard reported Wednesday that the game hauled in more than $500 million on its first day, making it the industry's biggest new game franchise in history.

The sales, which equate to roughly 9 million copies sold, were even higher than most analysts had forecast, which bodes well for the long-term strength of the game. It bodes even better for Activision and Bungie, the developer of the game.

"Day one reported revenues are roughly equivalent to the company's costs in building the game, and thus follow-on sales will occur at higher incremental margins," RW Baird analyst Colin Sebastian said.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@blackace said:

"Destiny," the new video game from the creators of the "Halo" franchise, is already setting industry records in being the biggest flop of the decade".

**** off troll. Every post in this thread has been about scores. You idiot clown.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/destiny-review/1900-6415863/

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/destiny

http://www.gamerankings.com/xboxone/716732-destiny/index.html

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jhonMalcovich

@Cranler said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Cranler said:

@papatrop said:

What's changed on pc?

Poor of us, PC gamers :' ( What an aweful thing happens to us. Anything but only not a gigantic backlog of games.

LMAO Cranler has just made the best advertising for PC gaming ever.

You heard him, kids, don´t do PC gaming or else you will end up with a gigantic backlog of games.