So what does SW think of Starfield so far?

  • 187 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for davillain
DaVillain

56833

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56833 Posts

This thread will focus only on Starfield's gameplay reveal and what y'all think?

I'm slightly impressed. It looked like another generic space-explorer shooter at first, but I do like some of the other features and side-quest type stuff they announced later on in the showing. It ain't no Star Citizen but the space gameplay was alright. Traveling in Hyperspace is what I wanna see/do.

Avatar image for osan0
osan0

17948

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17948 Posts

I only hopped around the video in fairness. It looks like fallout in space with tweaked gameplay.

....I see no problem with this at all. I just hope they execute it well. It looked good from the bits i saw.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

16667

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16667 Posts

@davillain: how is it not star citizen? This game looks like a completed star citizen, those people who paid for star citizen got scammed.

Avatar image for fedor
Fedor

11728

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11728 Posts

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

61614

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61614 Posts

It looks okay. It's Bethesda, so i'll keep my expectations even further in check.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

11369

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11369 Posts

I'll play it. It's just looking pretty, well... Bethesda. I don't see myself dedicating a lot of time to it like an Elder Scrolls game

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

16667

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16667 Posts

also the game felt a bit choppy. With a few years and some mods, this game is going to be on a completely different level.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

41204

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#8 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 41204 Posts

I have been saying this for over two years. There is zero chance of this game being bad, because Bethesda wants it to be as successful as ES and Fallout. You cannot put minimal effort into your first game of the series, and expect it to be a successful cash cow. They've put as much effort as possible and had the time needed to develop the game. It will be a masterpiece IF you're into these kind of games.

The only negative i saw is gun handling. Nothing moves, and it looks like you're firing a toy gun. Yes yes, futuristic weapons with no recoil cuz its needed in low gravity blah blah blah. But i want it to look and sound impactful, and what was shown, it sure as hell wasn't it.

Avatar image for adsparky
adsparky

2644

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#9 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2644 Posts

It looks pretty ambitious, with that said, I shiver at the amount of bugs it will have.

Avatar image for Miyomatic
Miyomatic

3555

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3555 Posts

Looks like a 6-7 out of 10 to me.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

45069

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 45069 Posts

Really liked what I saw. Pretty much what I was expecting. Nice to see some ship flying and combat thrown in there. Very much still hyped for it.

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

12620

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: It’s still months out.

With mods, it’ll be incredible.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

22469

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22469 Posts

It looks cool, but having said that I've never been a fan of BGS's style of games... I've never been able to get into Fallout or Elder Scrolls (believe me, I've tried many times!). So whilst I'm keen to check Starfield out, I'm very cautious because it's still that same style of game.

Avatar image for st_monica
st_monica

1470

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#14 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1470 Posts

It looks like a passion project created by art students using free assets.

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
Sushiglutton

10006

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#15 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 10006 Posts

Not that exciting. The combat was too standard. It's supposed to be a visionary sci-fi game. Hopefully there are more gadgets later in the game. Ship combat did nothing for me. Lacked energy.

Enviroments were cool, main city was impressive!

I think it may be more fun to play than what can be shown in footage as the main draw is the scale and getting immersed in that world. If planets you discover are fun to explore, that would be enough to me tbh. I just hope they don't feel generic.

Avatar image for davillain
DaVillain

56833

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56833 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

I have been saying this for over two years. There is zero chance of this game being bad, because Bethesda wants it to be as successful as ES and Fallout. You cannot put minimal effort into your first game of the series, and expect it to be a successful cash cow. They've put as much effort as possible and had the time needed to develop the game. It will be a masterpiece IF you're into these kind of games.

The only negative i saw is gun handling. Nothing moves, and it looks like you're firing a toy gun. Yes yes, futuristic weapons with no recoil cuz its needed in low gravity blah blah blah. But i want it to look and sound impactful, and what was shown, it sure as hell wasn't it.

My biggest concern is how they're going to handle everything outside of it? Is it going to be Elder Scrolls with guns in space (ala Fallout in space) or is it going to have its own identity?

Creation engine is looking really dated mechanically and I expected a much better engine by now. During the fights, enemies just stand there, running around, with no cover, turning their backs towards the enemy. A little glad they chose a Fallout RPG base since perks and traits are a thing but even the weapons seem to just reskin. (SMG -> double-barrel shotgun that kind of thing)

It's hard to tell since this is the first early gameplay trailer so they have to fly conservatively so it doesn't make some people sick but they did the thing where you control the ship itself (single entity) rather than being a full blown pilot controlling a ship. It's fine since the latter is a much more complex mechanic and it's understandable that they didn't have much time with it.

But since this is coming to GP day one, this game doesn't have much to lose.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

8536

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#17 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8536 Posts

As predicted, it's just another BGS game i.e. sh*t. Ghost and wenzen are both crying behind the scenes.

Avatar image for marleywhatkidg
marleywhatkidg

7

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#18 marleywhatkidg
Member since 2022 • 7 Posts

1K pLaNeT$

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

41204

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#19 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 41204 Posts

@davillain said:
@hardwenzen said:

I have been saying this for over two years. There is zero chance of this game being bad, because Bethesda wants it to be as successful as ES and Fallout. You cannot put minimal effort into your first game of the series, and expect it to be a successful cash cow. They've put as much effort as possible and had the time needed to develop the game. It will be a masterpiece IF you're into these kind of games.

The only negative i saw is gun handling. Nothing moves, and it looks like you're firing a toy gun. Yes yes, futuristic weapons with no recoil cuz its needed in low gravity blah blah blah. But i want it to look and sound impactful, and what was shown, it sure as hell wasn't it.

My biggest concern is how they're going to handle everything outside of it? Is it going to be Elder Scrolls with guns in space (ala Fallout in space) or is it going to have its own identity?

Creation engine is looking really dated mechanically and I expected a much better engine by now. During the fights, enemies just stand there, running around, with no cover, turning their backs towards the enemy. A little glad they chose a Fallout RPG base since perks and traits are a thing but even the weapons seem to just reskin. (SMG -> double-barrel shotgun that kind of thing)

It's hard to tell since this is the first early gameplay trailer so they have to fly conservatively so it doesn't make some people sick but they did the thing where you control the ship itself (single entity) rather than being a full blown pilot controlling a ship. It's fine since the latter is a much more complex mechanic and it's understandable that they didn't have much time with it.

But since this is coming to GP day one, this game doesn't have much to lose.

Their engine is outdated, but i am just glad that the game doesn't look like ass. And because this game is gonna be mods heavy, i think it'll be fine. AI does look like trash, tho.

Don't think its a reskin, but more of a mix of their core design and other titles such as NMS. What was shown of Starfield is exactly what i expect from Andromeda.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

59800

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#20 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59800 Posts

A ship you can customize!!! Shooty bang bang! 20fps! Completely imbalanced! 1000 planets of nothing with copy-pasta quests!

It's gonna be great.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

16667

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16667 Posts

@uninspiredcup: just like Belden ring..

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

41204

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#22 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 41204 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

As predicted, it's just another BGS game i.e. sh*t. Ghost and wenzen are both crying behind the scenes.

Crying for what? Outside of the gunplay and AI, everything looked great.

Avatar image for CanYouDiglt
CanYouDiglt

8474

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

It looks like my dream game. It is like Bethesda went into my subconscious and created the perfect game for me.

Avatar image for marleywhatkidg
marleywhatkidg

7

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#24 marleywhatkidg
Member since 2022 • 7 Posts

iT$ PERFECT

Avatar image for Macutchi
Macutchi

10694

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#25 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10694 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

A ship you can customize!!! Shooty bang bang! 20fps! Completely imbalanced! 1000 planets of nothing with copy-pasta quests!

It's gonna be great.

cup is half empty

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

8716

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8716 Posts

I thought it looked good. No Man's Sky mixed with Fallout. It looks pretty much how I expected. I liked that jet pack they showed.

definitely going to play it.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

49641

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#27 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49641 Posts

Fallout... in space! Can't wait to build and explore. Looks like it's going to be fantastic.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

71255

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#28 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 71255 Posts

It is interesting.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

41204

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#29 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 41204 Posts

I hope flying is space is atmospheric and there's a bunch of abandoned ships to explore and such. Don't want to be constantly on a planet.

Avatar image for daredevils2k
daredevils2k

5001

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Starfield looked horrible, but wow Forza looked amazing

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

24178

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24178 Posts

Absolutely no surprises.

FPS: I expected mediocre gunplay, I saw mediocre gunplay.
RPG: I expected the TES character system (Raise by Use+Skyrim Perks), combined with Fallout 4's system. And it seems we got that too.
World: 1000 planets? Yeah... expect content density to be trash yet again...
Customization: After the dismal receptoin of Fallout 4's base building. Does anyone really wanna go through this again? I would play a Bethesda if I wanted to explore, not build bases. I got games like Dwarf Fortress and Rimworld for that stuff.

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
Zero_epyon

20313

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#32 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20313 Posts

I'm half-way to being sold on it.

Avatar image for navyguy21
navyguy21

17524

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#33 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17524 Posts

The Star Wars mods are going to be insane

Avatar image for Star67
Star67

5221

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#34 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Absolutely no surprises.

FPS: I expected mediocre gunplay, I saw mediocre gunplay.

RPG: I expected the TES character system (Raise by Use+Skyrim Perks), combined with Fallout 4's system. And it seems we got that too.

World: 1000 planets? Yeah... expect content density to be trash yet again...

Customization: After the dismal receptoin of Fallout 4's base building. Does anyone really wanna go through this again? I would play a Bethesda if I wanted to explore, not build bases. I got games like Dwarf Fortress and Rimworld for that stuff.

This is basically how I feel. Everything just seemed really average. Will definitely wait for reviews on this one.

I hated base building in Fallout 4, I do not want more of that, I want solid gameplay with rich characters and a great story.

I hope the bethesda magic of glitches and unstable gameplay don't show up. I'm done putting up with that.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

41204

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#35 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 41204 Posts

When our boy Todd said that you can land ANYWHERE on the planet and that there's over 1000 planets in the game, never forget.

Loading Video...
Avatar image for AcidTango
AcidTango

3346

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3346 Posts

Not as excited as I thought I would be for the game. The shooting gameplay doesn't look that interesting.

Avatar image for pmanden
pmanden

3024

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#37 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 3024 Posts

It is Fallout in space which is exactly what I was hoping for. It also reminded me of Mass Effect when the main character entered the space station, which is also a very good thing. Absolutely loved what I saw. I don't mind that the animations were choppy at times, because the gameplay, style and feel all seem top notch.

Avatar image for starwolf474
starwolf474

989

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#38  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

My hype for the game has decreased after seeing the footage today. It looks like if Fallout, Destiny, and No Man's Sky had a three-way and produced a baby. And I'm not a fan of any of those games, so meh.

I'll continue to keep an eye on it, but unless I see something more exciting than what they showed today, I think that I will probably now be skipping this game, and just wait for the next Elder Scrolls.

Avatar image for pelvist
pelvist

9001

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#39 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Underwhelming. There are some aspects of it that looked interesting like the explorationa nd kiring ship crew but the gameplay as a whole looked like No Mans Sky level of boring.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

41204

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#40 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 41204 Posts

A mix of fallout, mass effect, no man's sky and the outer worlds is what this is.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

8536

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#41 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8536 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:

As predicted, it's just another BGS game i.e. sh*t. Ghost and wenzen are both crying behind the scenes.

Crying for what? Outside of the gunplay and AI, everything looked great.

So let me get this right...A FPS/RPG where gunplay and AI is bad is fine? I mean what's left in the gameplay then? Either way, apart from that the world/environment looks bad, the color palette is garbage and most probably the game design/level design it self would be crap too along with sh*t load of bugs.

Avatar image for Ibacai
Ibacai

14459

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#42 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

This looks to be “the sum of it’s parts” type of game. Everything put together will make it a truly amazing (I’m guessing) experience.

That said, they need to clean up the gun play, space combat, and AI. Those looked rough.

All in all, looks like 2023 is going to be a banger.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

34991

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#43 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34991 Posts

You guys hyped this. lol

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

58900

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#44 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58900 Posts

It's everything I was hoping for, and more.

Super excited that we can actually fly ships and enter and exit atmosphere on our own; I was just sort of assuming they'd make them into loading screens.

Felt a lot of things in this game: nostalgia for the character creation and NPC interaction, impressed with the visuals, excited for the ship and settlement building...just nothing but good feelings.

Hard not to make Star Citizen comparisons, another game I am waiting for. Balls in your court, Chris Roberts! Better get a move on!

Hot damn, haven't been this hyped for a game in years. Since I was a kid, really.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Fallout... in space! Can't wait to build and explore. Looks like it's going to be fantastic.

Yup! That's what I felt as well, also a bit of Elder Scrolls (Oblivion, in particular). Although it looks like they got more than four voice actors 😁

Very excited.

@hardwenzen said:

A mix of fallout, mass effect, no man's sky and the outer worlds is what this is.

When you put it like that, it sounds like the perfect game!

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

7142

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#45 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Looked and performed last gen. PS4 first-party looked better, especially the character models. Seems like this was a Series S version.

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

24178

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24178 Posts
@Star67 said:

This is basically how I feel. Everything just seemed really average. Will definitely wait for reviews on this one.

I hated base building in Fallout 4, I do not want more of that, I want solid gameplay with rich characters and a great story.

I hope the bethesda magic of glitches and unstable gameplay don't show up. I'm done putting up with that.

Yup. I personally am just fed up of the mediocrity Bethesda games deal with.

The 2 really big and important open World games to come out in the past 5 years or so were Breath of the Wild and Witcher 3. Both really brought something to the table.

  • Breath of the Wild had unparalleled interactivity, as well as a physics and chemistry engine.
  • Witcher 3 had side quests so well written they eclipse the main stories of other games.

What does Bethesda's games even have to offer anymore? Even when it came out, Fallout 4 felt out of date, obsolete, pointless.

Avatar image for SUD123456
SUD123456

6987

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#47 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6987 Posts

If the scale and scope from a story and interest point of view are up to snuff then this could be great. Also the combat needs to be worthy, not Elden Ring but not Witcher series either.

If it is 1,000 planets of nothingness and weak combat, then it will be like Skyrim which made fighting dragons shockingly easy and boring while walking around endlessly for no reason..

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

10057

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#48 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

When our boy Todd said that you can land ANYWHERE on the planet and that there's over 1000 planets in the game, never forget.

Loading Video...

Classic!!! but this one is amazing too!!! lol

Loading Video...

Avatar image for dabear
dabear

8985

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#49 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8985 Posts

There's enough cow salt in this thread to give the dead sea a run for its money...

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

41204

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#50  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 41204 Posts
@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:

As predicted, it's just another BGS game i.e. sh*t. Ghost and wenzen are both crying behind the scenes.

Crying for what? Outside of the gunplay and AI, everything looked great.

So let me get this right...A FPS/RPG where gunplay and AI is bad is fine? I mean what's left in the gameplay then? Either way, apart from that the world/environment looks bad, the color palette is garbage and most probably the game design/level design it self would be crap too along with sh*t load of bugs.

Exploration, easthetic, quests and characters/writing. Gunplay was bad in Fallout New Vegas. That didn't make the game any worse than it was. And AI is garbage in 90% of games available. No time to be worried about the industry's standard.

And again, Fallout NV had a shitload of bugs, so what? I can deal with bugs if the game is great, and from what i've seen here, it looks solid. Also gonna be playing it on pc, so the official and un-official patches will be a thing. Mods will also improve on what's lacking.