deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I'm a huge Suda51 fan but I'm working far away from home so I cant try it right now. Was hoping for some opinions on it from those who have played it already...

How did you find it? Is it any good? Does it have the typical Suda's touch?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I just started downloading it less than 5 minutes ago. Looks like NMH kind of f*ckedup game? Certainly worth a try, i love "wtf" games.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I will give it a try which is more than I can say for most F2P games.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

Not up on the store yet for me.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@freedomfreak: have you tried using the search to get to it? Just checking as it was never advertised on my store at the time but i could find and download it with the search. This was last night too

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

Haven't played it yet but I get the feeling it's gonna be wasted potential. Suda can make some crazy and fun characters and the ps experience showed great footage and potential. Shame there is a no SP campaign

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

Another exclusive to own lems with. I approve. TLHBO.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

@_Matt_: Nah, nothing.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 678 Posts

Downloaded it last night - still to play it.

I found it on the EU store under the new releases/all games section

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

I played it, it's very charismatic and it has some great stuff, I like it.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Looks absolutely horrible with atrocious character animation. But I guess I'll still give it a try depending on the download size. Don't want to waste too much time.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@putaspongeon said:

Thanks for the impressions. I may give this a try soon. How much of penalty is dying? I see they selling deaths crystals or some shit that I guess eliminates the penalty for dying.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@dakur said:

Enjoy your pay to play ya twit.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dakur

@sleepnsurf said:
@dakur said:

Enjoy your pay to play ya twit.

At least I don't pay to flop ya lem. TLHBRekt

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

Downloading since it's free.

I actually mostly detest Suda 51 stuff outside of Killer 7. The gameplay in his games is straight rubbish. He gets away with style and craziness.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#18 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Damn, didn't even know this was out. I will download this later. I've loved all the Suda games I've played.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

Seems like a bad game, and the F2P nature of it only adds to that perception. Let it do what the game title suggests.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I put a few hours into it last night (got up to the 4th floor), have to say for a f2p game it's awesome, although if this was a $60 price tag I'd say hold off tell it's $20 or so but since it's free you win in the long run. To sum it in one phrase, Let It Die is basically a none serious Dark Souls with a dash of Suda 51. As a 80's child I do love the moments that show some 80's vibe like arcades, 80's electro and lets not forget the flashy colors.

So far the only thing that you can spend money on is Death Coins, which allow you to rez at the spot of your death, as it takes the death mechanics from Dark Souls I can see some people using this or some people as usual QQ that it costs money. My only grip so far is all items have a durability on it and it seems armor has a lesser amount of durability than weapons.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

He gets away with style and craziness.

Thats exactly what I love about him. When playing his games, gameplay is the last thing I care for. Curious though... why is Killer7 your only exception when the gameplay in it is also just straight up bad?

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dakur

I loved Shadows of the Damned and this look equally goofy and crazy. This guy has style.

Avatar image for deactivated-587acdd100f19
deactivated-587acdd100f19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-587acdd100f19
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

More Suda trash.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I enjoyed what I played so far. I don't know how much I'd pay for it, but it's definitely worth nothing ;-)

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I'm excited to play it, gotta download it first. Suda51 make awesome games.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

I don't think about it.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:
@putaspongeon said:

Thanks for the impressions. I may give this a try soon. How much of penalty is dying? I see they selling deaths crystals or some shit that I guess eliminates the penalty for dying.

You die, you go back, at the end of each floor you can choose to return to the base to put stuff in storage and whatnot, your currency is safe no matter what, tattoos or whatever die with yourcharacter and those buff your character, however when you die you can get your character back by defeating it where it died since it's reanimated, however it's stronger than other enemies. Also you have the chance to fight other people who died as well (dead characters are called haters)

Death Crystals help I suppose but it's all pve focused and you can easily get through it with regular combat, also health pick ups (small animals you eat) are pretty common throughout so you can get stuff like60 health here and there. Also your skill with weapons is passed on character to character, along with I believe your leveling. For example, I've started by ranking up fists, you can level up to like 20 or 30 in each weapon type and each level doessomething to make you stronger. For example one level increased my str/damage while using fists, another reduced my stamina for each punch I use. So no matter what, you'll be getting stronger. Also for 50k you can get a mushroom stew or whatever, this kind of currency can be earned in game pretty easily, with this, you get a perma tattoo that goes to each of your character and buffs a certain thing.

Paying to revive seems like something tacked on to make the base game easier and beyondthat it's just a matter of inventory space.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

It seems like a really bad idea to be playing it now, especially with the servers being super unstable.

If you get disconnected for whatever reason during gameplay, you lose your character and all the progress you made on a floor. It's really not worth the frustration to be messing with it at the moment.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
@Vatusus said:
@jg4xchamp said:

He gets away with style and craziness.

Thats exactly what I love about him. When playing his games, gameplay is the last thing I care for. Curious though... why is Killer7 your only exception when the gameplay in it is also just straight up bad?

I actually dig the story more, and the on rail shooting to me is a bit more acceptable and less of an issue. A beat-em up being as unsatisfying as No More Heroes is grating, and it doesn't help that he padded that shit with boring mowing the lawn minigames. I'd much rather play stuff like Otogi and Onimusha (games on the lower end of the beat-em up totem pole), much less the genres beasts like Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, or what Platinum makes.

I technically am okay with Shadows of the Damned as well, but that was more a suda producing role. And the direction was someone else, plus Mikami was on the project. And even then it's a fairly unimpressive third person shooter, with a decent lead and a sidekick. And even that game gets irritating with Suda's brand of humor.

He's supposed to be a bit more on the artful side of camp (and I haven't tried Silver Case, allegedly that's really good), but when it came to what I played of No More Heroes and the stuff since, it's just wank.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dakur

@dynamitecop said:

I don't think about it.

Avoiding the inevitable butthurt I see. Better to be ignorant than to know what you're missing, it's a good strategy but ultimately sad. I feel sorry for lems more and more with each passing day, what a miserable existence. I'm sorry dude. TLHBO.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jcafcwbb

I have played the tutorial level and it is okay.

Some minor quibbles - you cannot exit to the main menu straight away, I would prefer an offline mode (not too sure if online is essential to the game yet).

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

I'm enjoying it so far. It's a little jank, but I like Suda's brand of weird. Souls-ier than I expected it to be.

Pretty much my impressions too.

I love the crazy style/

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22753 Posts

Playing it now... I'm enjoying it. It's quirky for sure, but not in a bad way. I like the approach to weapons, though damage on weapons is always a little tough to balance, and I like the combat for now. It's not perfect but I keep wanting to press on.

The death bag is a little but of an issue. I was under the assumption that I could combine a few damaged weapons together to improve the same weapon... Turns out if I have a weak hammer and I keep grabbing hammers, I can't combine them together. They just take up their own inventory space as standalone items. Still... Its just a management issue.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

I'll pass, have to many other games to play right now.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jcafcwbb

I have played the first three floors and I have to say it is rubbish. You seem to get only one enemy which is easy or a number who overwhelm you. The lock-on is poor, weapons too brittle and the guns useless as they are too slow.

You can git gud if you persevered at it but I couldn't be bothered.

It is designed to make you either grind to get strong enough or spend money on perks.

Not for me I'm afraid.

Toomuchsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Toomuchsauce
Member since 2016 • 1 Posts

I am really dissapointed with this game... I have encountered a "gamebreaking" error code on let it die... Never before have i ever played a game that has an error code that litterally doesn't allow you to play a game... I think this is a bit lazy on their part for not checking in on this bug and fix such a major bug before hand. I acctually really enjoyed the game when it actually WORKED. But as of now I am not impressed... It has been 3 days since the bug and I am still unable to play. I sent a complaint to support basically just telling me to wait until it's fixed... Thanks Suda51.

Error Code: EER-0-002