So what 3 people here actually bought R&C Into The Nexus?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IcyFlamez96
Member since 2011 • 1355 Posts

It was getting tons of praise out of nowhere in the other thread for getting an 8 on GS. No one here is even actually talking about the game. It did come out today in the US. Man I swear you guys were using it as a tool of destruction to help out in your little fanboy war. Most of you Sony people ("cows" I guess) probably wont even get this =P

For those who have gotten it, what are your impressions so far? Hopefully more than 3 people here actually did get it lol.

I can't pick it up until tomorrow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@IcyFlamez96 said:

It was getting tons of praise out of nowhere in the other thread for getting an 8 on GS. No one here is even actually talking about the game. It did come out today in the US. Man I swear you guys were using it as a tool of destruction to help out in your little fanboy war. Most of you Sony people ("cows" I guess) probably wont even get this =P

For those who have gotten it, what are your impressions so far? Hopefully more than 3 people here actually did get it lol.

I can't pick it up until tomorrow.

i c wat u did thar

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Tools of destruction sucked. Crack in time was a hell of a game though.

I'd get the game, looks good, cept I have no Ps3...

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

Its not a buy at release title for me. But I'll definitely get it in the holidays or something. Love me some good, classic R&C.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

I would get it, if it were on the PS4

Such a shame, because i love ratchet and clank.

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IcyFlamez96
@Chozofication said:

I'm actually surprised that most fans praise CiT as the best R&C game in the series. I mean, it's probably my 3rd favorite, but there are many issues I had with it that i'm surprised others' didn't. If it wasn't for the exceptional story sucking me in, it would probably be lower on my list. That said, after already knowing the story, I can't play that game over and over again on challenge mode like I can with other R&C's.

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IcyFlamez96

@Sweenix
said:

I would get it, if it were on the PS4

Such a shame, because i love ratchet and clank.

did you sell your PS3 or something? I don't see why you couldn't play it otherwise. Right now would be the perfect time to buy it since it could fill up the time between now and the PS4 launch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@IcyFlamez96 said:
@Chozofication said:

I'm actually surprised that most fans praise CiT as the best R&C game in the series. I mean, it's probably my 3rd favorite, but there are many issues I had with it that i'm surprised others' didn't. If it wasn't for the exceptional story sucking me in, it would probably be lower on my list. That said, after already knowing the story, I can't play that game over and over again on challenge mode like I can with other R&C's.

I never said it was the best, just that TOD sucked. ;p

I know what you're thinking probably, the game was a bit of a grind. But still was great fun overall and the visuals were stunning and the game just had a lot of effort put into it, it's so charming.

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IcyFlamez96
@Chozofication said:

@IcyFlamez96 said:
@Chozofication said:

I know what you're thinking probably, the game was a bit of a grind. But still was great fun overall and the visuals were stunning and the game just had a lot of effort put into it, it's so charming.anyway lol.

I wasn't for sure if that's what you were saying, but I just wanted to say that anyway lol.

I thought the game started at a pretty slow pace, and the first two planets were just dull. There were a lot of areas where you would fight waves of re-spawning enemies. That was present in some of the other games, but not nearly to this extent. I loved the Clank sections the first time around, but it's hard for me to go through them again after starting a new file. I just thought the level design was really dull in general compared to the older games. Just off the top of my head, I remember the Vorselon's ship levels having pretty good level design. I like Krell Canyon a lot, but a lot of the other open battlefield areas paled in comparison to that. The arena was the worst in the series...

Wow, it may seem like I hate the game after all of that. It's still actually one of my favorite games this gen. It has a lot of strong points as well that obviously weighs out the negatives. I still say up Your Arsenal and Going Commando are better though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@IcyFlamez96 said:
@Chozofication said:

@IcyFlamez96 said:
@Chozofication said:

I know what you're thinking probably, the game was a bit of a grind. But still was great fun overall and the visuals were stunning and the game just had a lot of effort put into it, it's so charming.anyway lol.

I wasn't for sure if that's what you were saying, but I just wanted to say that anyway lol.

I thought the game started at a pretty slow pace, and the first two planets were just dull. There were a lot of areas where you would fight waves of re-spawning enemies. That was present in some of the other games, but not nearly to this extent. I loved the Clank sections the first time around, but it's hard for me to go through them again after starting a new file. I just thought the level design was really dull in general compared to the older games. Just off the top of my head, I remember the Vorselon's ship levels having pretty good level design. I like Krell Canyon a lot, but a lot of the other open battlefield areas paled in comparison to that. The arena was the worst in the series...

Wow, it may seem like I hate the game after all of that. It's still actually one of my favorite games this gen. It has a lot of strong points as well that obviously weighs out the negatives. I still say up Your Arsenal and Going Commando are better though.

It started great, I loved how it slowly eased you into to the game to take in the beauty. And yeah, some grinding.

I know what you're saying, the game didn't really focus on level design, more on the weapons and how everything looked, the presentation. The levels were very straight forward and either really flat or really vertical. And then all the planets in space felt the same too, though the mario galaxy style was awesome.

Nah, it's good to see flaws. The game's still great and one of my favorite games this gen too.