BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11002 Posts

Thanos snapped away all that revenue apparently.

All in all, that adds up to about a 62 million dollar loss. Where did they go wrong with this game? Should they not have concentrated on Destiny-style elements in multi and focused on a grand single player experience instead? We know player numbers dropped to nothing almost immediately after release, so it seems like people weren't that interested in playing an Avengers game this way.

Combined with the game being buggy in beta and launch, having an MCU look but no MCU actors, and the Spider-Man rage, the game was already facing challenges in it's optics before launch. The ENDGAME came a lot sooner than later.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20095 Posts

I mean, it looked awful.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69085 Posts

The Spiderman move was not the best approach for a cross platform multi-player game in addition to everything else listed.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Good. Hate that hero bullshit. Probably failed because of that goofy chic they focused on. Get woke, go broke.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

I forgot The Avengers game exist and this is coming from a Marvel fanboy. Should have just been a single player experience in the line with Marvel's Spider-Man but Sony on the other hand was smart enough to do it right with no MP BS.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#6 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts

Sadly yeah, that seems to be the case. Unfortunate really as I’m a pretty big Marvel fan and was hoping that this game was going to turn out well. It wasn’t so much the graphics or the gameplay that turned me off. I tried the demo on the Xbox One and found it to be kind of fun to play. The thing that soured me on it was the content or lack there of. The campaign seemed pretty ho hum with not really many cool villains to fight and the online missions were too sparse and repetitive. The loot system was mostly pointless. If they can turn things around and add some actual quality content then perhaps I’ll consider getting into it but I think they’ll probably just cut their loses and move on.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58644 Posts

Serves them right.

The dicks.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#9 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17764 Posts

This is what happens when you just try to cash in on popular IPs without having a good game. Throw in some bullshit woke SJW character that nobody gives a fuk about as the main protagonist to seal its fate. But hey.... diversity! LOL

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

The thing that soured me on it was the content or lack there of. The campaign seemed pretty ho hum with not really many cool villains to fight and the online missions were too sparse and repetitive. The loot system was mostly pointless. If they can turn things around and add some actual quality content then perhaps I’ll consider getting into it but I think they’ll probably just cut their loses and move on.

A few months into release and look at how many bosses do you fight over and over. The Avengers have battled more villains than I can count on my left hand which seems to be the case with the game.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#11 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Maybe they should have made a good game instead of a live service cash grab.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pedro

@BassMan said:

This is what happens when you just try to cash in on popular IPs without having a good game. Throw in some bullshit woke SJW character that nobody gives a fuk about as the main protagonist to seal its fate. But hey.... diversity! LOL

It is my understanding that this "woke SJW" character was the better gameplay designed characters.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Crystal Dynamics is now set to shut down.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BassMan

@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

It is my understanding that this "woke SJW" character was the better gameplay designed characters.

... and yet no fucks were given about her.

Avatar image for masonshoemocker
masonshoemocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By masonshoemocker
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts

@Telekill said:

Crystal Dynamics is now set to shut down.

I think they did good. The game plays well. It's just that the service, cash grab with skins and whatnot is what probably fk'd it all up and it's most likely due to Square.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38125 Posts

Best news today. These games shouldn't exist.

This game is so bad that Godfall looks like a 9.5/10 game in comparison. Dead serious, and i find Godfall to be a pretty darn mediocre looking game (art style, level design and gameplay loop wise).

Expecting them to announce the end of content support. They deserve this. Absolute fucking trash of a game.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8360 Posts

That's because cavemen out-of-touch with reality and looking to make 'easy' money made the game.

Whoever greenlit it probably looked to the success of the Marvel and Avengers IP with Disney, and tried to transfer that success this this game and get capitol off it.

They underestimated the gaming community. The movie and gaming communities have completely different standards, I have noticed.

Avengers was dead on arrival, really. It was getting bad reception ever since its first reveal.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

I bought it because my friend is a Marvel fan and I couldn't let him play it alone. It had a good story and was fun until I hit the end of game grind, then the replay value plummeted.

The cosmetics were not a compelling loot since you get the best costumes just by playing/beating game. There's just grinding to make the heroes more powerful but the mission scale horribly either when playing alone or with others.

The gameplay design though has or had potential. I enjoyed playing as many of the heroes. The online though was rough, and game was glitchy.

By licensed shovelware standards it's decent at best. Manage your expectations and wait for a fire sale.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5819 Posts

Having just watch all the films again I wanted this to be good :(

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Shit game from a shit franchise, shocking.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hardwenzen  Online

I fucking hate shills/influencers, and when they shill for something THIS bad, it triggers me 😭

Loading Video...
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@BassMan said:

Agreed.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen  Online
Loading Video...

LOL. They deserve every single bit of shit.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts

I was put off when they kept Spider-Man exclusive out of the other versions. And I voted with my wallet.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9384 Posts

As was expected.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

If you are going to have Crystal Dynamics make a game, it should be a focused, cinematic, single-player experience. When you force them to tack on multiplayer, it never goes well.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

This game looked like it was going to suck from the jump. Most experienced gamers have what's called the 6th sense when it comes to bullshit games. This looked like a flaming turd from day one. Everything about it said boring.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2244 Posts

Bought it and am a huge marvel fanboy, haven’t even bothered to finish it yet. It’s bad...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#30 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19376 Posts
@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

Since when did SW care about gameplay? This board only cares about graphics and cinematics.

I haven't played the game, but her stretching limbs remind me of Luffy (One Piece) and Dhalsim (Street Fighter).

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@Jag85 said:

Since when did SW care about gameplay? This board only cares about graphics and cinematics.

I haven't played the game, but her stretching limbs remind me of Luffy (One Piece) and Dhalsim (Street Fighter).

Now my be a good time to grab the game if it goes on a fire sale. 😁

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BassMan

@onesiphorus said:
@BassMan said:

This is what happens when you just try to cash in on popular IPs without having a good game. Throw in some bulls*** woke SJW character that nobody gives a fuk about as the main protagonist to seal its fate. But hey.... diversity! LOL

I wonder whether developers or publishers know that most gamers are not into the so-called "wokeness" that the major institutions are currently embracing.

It is all about the fit and not forcing things. Most people will be inclusive if it makes sense. People want to play the game for The Avengers. Throwing in a character like that as the main protagonist is just going to turn people off. People were like.... Who is this brown millennial chick who is ripping off the stretchy dude from Fantastic Four? She is not a cool character and does not belong in an Avengers game. If people want to have a brown girl in a game as a protagonist, there is nothing wrong with that...

Loading Video...

Just don't force it into an established IP where people have specific wants and expectations. It is like how they threw in Raiden in MGS2. That pissed so many people off because they were buying the game to play as Snake.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@BassMan said:

It is all about the fit and not forcing things. Most people will be inclusive if it makes sense. People want to play the game for The Avengers. Throwing in a character like that as the main protagonist is just going to turn people off. People were like.... Who is this brown millennial chick who is ripping off the stretchy dude from Fantastic Four? She is not a cool character and does not belong in an Avengers game. If people want to have a brown girl in a game as a protagonist, there is nothing wrong with that...

Just don't force it into an established IP where people have specific wants and expectations. It is like how they threw in Raiden in MGS2. That pissed so many people off because they were buying the game to play as Snake.

Why is this claim of forcing things always applied to characters that look or behave in a certain manner? You use Raji as some sort of example of not being forced. What does that mean? People that look like her only belongs in games that have a theme that you believe she "belongs" to?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BassMan

@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

Why is this claim of forcing things always applied to characters that look or behave in a certain manner? You use Raji as some sort of example of not being forced. What does that mean? People that look like her only belongs in games that have a theme that you believe she "belongs" to?

Raji is not part of a woke agenda, but Kamala Kahn is.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9839 Posts

Instead of being overly smart and greedy, perhaps they should have simply focused on making a fun game?

I’m kind of happy this game flopped tbh. Sends the right message.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pedro

@BassMan said:

Kamala Kahn is part of "woke agenda" because?

EDIT: I am aware you avoided the two questions.😉

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45996 Posts

Hate superheroes movies that got so milked because of Marvel and its Avengers.

But at the end of the day I hate microtransaction fueled live service games even more.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BassMan

@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

Kamala Kahn is part of "woke agenda" because?

EDIT: I am aware you avoided the two questions.😉

I explained my reasoning already and the wokeness is obvious.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#39 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

I didn't like the fov and camera of this game. Something was really weird with it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pedro

@BassMan said:

So the following captures your point?

"Who is this brown millennial chick who is ripping off the stretchy dude from Fantastic Four? She is not a cool character and does not belong in an Avengers game."

Brown females do not belong in Avengers game? Is that an accurate summary?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#41 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

Meanwhile, the prior Marvel console release, Ultimate Alliance 3, hit a million units. Get it together, Marvel...

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Didn’t try it. Is it really that bad? Why? Action looks kind of fun from the few videos I saw.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#43 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

@BassMan: "Woke agenda", you know so many things before a certain recent time would be considered such, even if it promoted human decency. Stupid take!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BassMan

@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

So the following captures your point?

"Who is this brown millennial chick who is ripping off the stretchy dude from Fantastic Four? She is not a cool character and does not belong in an Avengers game."

Brown females do not belong in Avengers game? Is that an accurate summary?

She can be part of the universe, but don't make her a main character for the game to serve as part of a woke agenda. Avengers is about cool super heroes that were established long ago. Kamala Kahn was created in 2013 as part of the woke agenda. Featuring her so prominently in the game is just trying too hard and not what fans want.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#45 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

That sucks. Wasn’t interested in it to begin with though.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@BassMan said:

She can be part of the universe, but don't make her a main character for the game to serve as part of a woke agenda. Avengers is about cool super heroes that were established long ago. Kamala Kahn was created in 2013 as part of the woke agenda. Featuring her so prominently in the game is just trying too hard and not what fans want.

You keep claiming woke agenda. Which simply translates to "if you are brown and female" you shouldn't be a main character of game X. That just reads as nonsense. This is a symptom of people who are struggling to accept that not everything is made for you and the world doesn't revolve around the constraints of just your pleasure. Its juvenile.

They made the character in 2013 for a newer demographic. You are not the demographic and you are here claiming foul because this one time you weren't the focus demographic. Also you acting as if the game failure is because of this false "woke agenda". Time for you and your peeps to grow up and realize that the people playing games and making games are not the same people from 30 years ago. In other words, you are getting old and bitter. 😎

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BassMan

@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

You keep claiming woke agenda. Which simply translates to "if you are brown and female" you shouldn't be a main character of game X. That just reads as nonsense. This is a symptom of people who are struggling to accept that not everything is made for you and the world doesn't revolve around the constraints of just your pleasure. Its juvenile.

They made the character in 2013 for a newer demographic. You are not the demographic and you are here claiming foul because this one time you weren't the focus demographic. Also you acting as if the game failure is because of this false "woke agenda". Time for you and your peeps to grow up and realize that the people playing games and making games are not the same people from 30 years ago. In other words, you are getting old and bitter. 😎

I said that the game itself wasn't very good in my first post, but of course you latched on to the wokeness thing. Honestly, I don't know why I even bothered debating with a gay dude about wokeness. You are going to have a bias for inclusiveness which warps your perspective of how things should be handled. You fail to see/acknowledge when something is being forced to push an agenda.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pedro

@BassMan said:

I said that the game itself wasn't very good in my first post, but of course you latched on to the wokeness thing. Honestly, I don't know why I even bothered debating with a gay dude about wokeness. You are going to have a bias for inclusiveness which warps your perspective of how things should be handled. You fail to see when something is being forced to push an agenda.

Gay dude? So, being gay is a problem? You are using gay in derogatory manner and I am gay because I call you out on your woke comment? You exposed yourself son. My work here is done. 😎

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BassMan

@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

I said that the game itself wasn't very good in my first post, but of course you latched on to the wokeness thing. Honestly, I don't know why I even bothered debating with a gay dude about wokeness. You are going to have a bias for inclusiveness which warps your perspective of how things should be handled. You fail to see when something is being forced to push an agenda.

Gay dude? So, being gay is a problem? You are using game in derogatory manner and I am gay because I call you out on your woke comment? You exposed yourself son. My work here is done. 😎

LOL. Right away on the defensive. You already told us you were gay. Have you forgotten already? This is exactly my point. You being gay alters your perspective. You became defensive right away and you strive for inclusiveness. So, you are going to be biased in favour of the agenda. It is what it is. Thanks for the laughs though. :)

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Serves them right.

The dicks.

This.