So Sony has won this gen right?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@xhawk27 said:

@edwardecl said:

“History has shown us that the first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins the generation battle." - Microsoft (I think it was a Don Mattrick quote)

So using their own logic, PS4 is close to winning.

I know the Wii reached it first but the first HD console last gen to reach 10 million was the Xbox 360.

and it still came in last place lol.

No it didn't butthurt cow from last gen. When the current gen started the Xbox 360 was still in the lead. Who cares after the next gen starts if it eventually outsells it. I think that should make you worry since it gives hope to the lems if the POS3 can come back any console can! LOL

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@kingtito said:

Spoken like a true loser cow........an 6-8 year gen over in the 1st 9 months.

Cows are such jokes and you sir are one of the biggest ones here.

Ouch, man. How will I ever recover? Such wit. So hurtful. Wow.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito said:

Spoken like a true loser cow........an 6-8 year gen over in the 1st 9 months.

Cows are such jokes and you sir are one of the biggest ones here.

Ouch, man. How will I ever recover? Such wit. So hurtful. Wow.

You mean...

Much smart, Such hurtful. WOW?

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Sounding an awfully lot like Xbox fanboys in late 2006/early 2007. We all saw how that turned out.

except sony was the market leader before then...and sonys price was a factor for well over a year....and the xbox 360 had a year head start....

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Well, it's certainly a terrible gen then.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

way too early to call it but it looks good for Sony. But where are the games? Eventually that will matter.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

The PS4 sucks bro.

Shame, since the PS3 came last seventh generation.

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 bublover1
Member since 2013 • 133 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@xhawk27 said:

So I guess MS won the HD race last gen. Also if the PS3 wasn't sold as a blu-ray player that I bet counted for more than 10 million units the PS3 would have been done for.

So much butthurt and shitty excuses. BTW 360 came in last place lastgen despite launching a year earlier than PS3 and being $200 for a significant amount of time. Let that sink in a bit and you'll realize why Xbone doesn't stand a chance this gen. They botched their launch and came out more expensive with the weaker console this gen, it's no wonder they are getting destroyed. When you realize that XPOSbone is pretty much dead outside the US you'll see why a PS3-style comeback is impossible for Xbone. Nicaragua and China won't save the XPOSBone this time lems.

3 Million PS4s shipped >>>> XPOSBone + 360's 1.1 million

LOL... Excellent ownage. Also, XBL is a fucking wasteland now. Everyone is on PSN. Massive amount of money they lost in lower subscribers. It also reduces the amount of multi-console buyers, since very few want to pay for both GOLD and PS+. Who would have thought that MS's own greedy practice is biting them in the ass? I just love poetic justice.

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 bublover1

@xhawk27 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@xhawk27 said:

@edwardecl said:

“History has shown us that the first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins the generation battle." - Microsoft (I think it was a Don Mattrick quote)

I know the Wii reached it first but the first HD console last gen to reach 10 million was the Xbox 360.

No it didn't butthurt cow from last gen. When the current gen started the Xbox 360 was still in the lead. Who cares after the next gen starts if it eventually outsells it. I think that should make you worry since it gives hope to the lems if the POS3 can come back any console can! LOL

LOL... Still living in the past... AHAHAHAHAHA... You're just like some whore 80-year-old who was pretty when she was 20 but can't accept that she's now an unwanted, wrinkly hag.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Maybe in terms of sales but there isn't a single PS4 exclusive worthy of buying the console for, yet. LOL imagine when PS4 starts getting those big name games, they will run away with it this gen. Might be a mirror of the PS2/gamecube/xbox gen.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#112 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

its because sony as always are childish and highlighted microsofts mistakes by making videos etc, atleast Microsoft are recovering.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22549 Posts

My god, the title screams "insecure consumer"

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#114 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

Butthurt Cows, butthurt cows everywhere.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Blabadon

@TheEroica said:

My god, the title screams "insecure consumer"

Right? RIGHT?

Surprised TC even responded.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By xhawk27

@bublover1 said:
@xhawk27 said:

LOL... Still living in the past... AHAHAHAHAHA... You're just like some whore 80-year-old who was pretty when she was 20 but can't accept that she's now an unwanted, wrinkly hag.

You think R&D for the PS4 only cost Sony 5 million and MS spent over 5 billion on the Xbox One? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

The PS3 had Japan and mainland EU what the fu** does MS have.? Mars the moon.? lol

Keep holding to the PS3 story lets see how it goes,but i warn you as soon as the PS3 landed it begin to eat from MS lead,because in japan and mainland EU the PS3 sold better even at $600,the PS4 and xbox one are already out and came the same month and the PS4 almost double it in sales,the PS4 didn't land 1 year before the xbox one they both launch in the same month and the gap keeps growing..

@NFJSupreme said:

way too early to call it but it looks good for Sony. But where are the games? Eventually that will matter.

For both since the xbox one has nothing as well,and when it comes to games we all know who abandon the user base first.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 xhawk27

@tormentos said:

@xhawk27 said:

The PS3 had Japan and mainland EU what the fu** does MS have.? Mars the moon.? lol

Keep holding to the PS3 story lets see how it goes,but i warn you as soon as the PS3 landed it begin to eat from MS lead,because in japan and mainland EU the PS3 sold better even at $600,the PS4 and xbox one are already out and came the same month and the PS4 almost double it in sales,the PS4 didn't land 1 year before the xbox one they both launch in the same month and the gap keeps growing..

@NFJSupreme said:

For both since the xbox one has nothing as well,and when it comes to games we all know who abandon the user base first.

The Xbox 360 had USA, UK, Austrailia, some parts of Europe, Russia.

Keep thinking that the PS3 was ahead of Xbox 360 before the start of the current gen. Oh and you forgot to mention that the PS3 was the cheapest Blu-Ray player for about two years.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#119 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

Way too early to tell. Both companies make great systems. Also Wii U as well. Gamers win as there are 3 very good systems. I hope we continue to see all three companies as well as PC gaming. The more the better. Never understood the who system war thing. Why should I care what someone else likes?

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#120  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

They pretty much got 1st place locked.

In order for the Wii U or Bone to catch up or even surpass the PS4 they'd have to sell +300K monthly and they can barely crack a 100K sold on NPD.

People might want to hold on to this superstitious belief that a PS3-like recovery can be attained, but numbers tell an extensive different story.

Its a done deal.

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By bublover1

@xhawk27 said:

@bublover1 said:
@xhawk27 said:

You think R&D for the PS4 only cost Sony 5 million and MS spent over 5 billion on the Xbox One? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

SONY let AMD do the R&D for the technology. SONY only "designed" the internals. SONY got a group of AMD tech they were considering for the PS4. Their R&D budget was essentially just trying out different AMD parts and seeing whichone had the best balance of power and low BoM. Think of PC gamers. They get to pick and decide which parts they want to add to their PC. They don't actually create their own CPU and GPU.

Microsoft had to create a large part of the tech that goes into the Xbone because the eSRAM and move engines bullshit is unconventional. No one else is doing any R&D on it, so they had to pay for it out of their own pockets. That's why the R&D budget was so high. In the end, SONY still came up with a much more powerful machine that's also much more efficient both in terms of power usage and memory utilization.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

If by win you mean more sales? yes looks like it.

But have they really won? I mean....ps4 cant output games at 1080p 60fps so we are all losers.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#123 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Yeah, like Microsoft won last gen.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

Did ps4 win this gen hmmm idk maybe ask tomorrow I'm sure we will know for sure then

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

sony wins, microsoft 2nd but still does well. nintendo is on its way to bankruptcy. that company has become completely clueless as to what consumers actually want.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Sony is winning without even having any of their big 1st party titles. I can only see things getting worse for MS, especially if sales dont pick up in NA.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@Blabadon: PS3 sales elude this one.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

I can easily see M$ catching up to SONY and it will probably end like last gen, in a tie or slightly edging out by a bit.

I see both selling about 80 million within 7 years

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Blabadon

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Blabadon: PS3 sales elude this one.

Reported.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

sony wins, microsoft 2nd but still does well. nintendo is on its way to bankruptcy. that company has become completely clueless as to what consumers actually want.

Pretty sure it was the other way around at E3. Unless you like having F2P games on the PS4.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Bait ?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22369 Posts
@Wasdie said:

Sounding an awfully lot like Xbox fanboys in late 2006/early 2007. We all saw how that turned out.

Very true.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@Blabadon: Am I missing something????

Every other reply is someone saying they're reporting. I mean this joker says the PS3 lost last gen and sales towards the end of the cycle said otherwise.

PS3 sales constantly were going.

What the hell would I be reported for?

Or are there a bunch of 12 year olds on this board?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Blabadon: Am I missing something????

Every other reply is someone saying they're reporting. I mean this joker says the PS3 lost last gen and sales towards the end of the cycle said otherwise.

PS3 sales constantly were going.

What the hell would I be reported for?

Or are there a bunch of 12 year olds on this board?

reported for insulting 12 year olds.

They're just children! How disgusting!

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@xhawk27 said:

@edwardecl said:

WRONG! 360 came in last lol.

"B....bu....bu...bu...but teh second place!!!11"

Face it lem, the Xflop franchise is a failure. Couldn't even beat Sony despite coming out a year earlier at $200 cheaper. No wonder they are getting decimated now.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By lostrib

@I_can_haz said:

@xhawk27 said:

@I_can_haz said:

WRONG 360 came in last lol.

Face it lem, M$ and the Xflop franchise are failures.

are you talking about the IDC estimation?

If I remember correctly, MS announced 80 million sales before Sony

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@lostrib said:

@I_can_haz said:

@xhawk27 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@xhawk27 said:

@edwardecl said:

Nah, this is later than that. I'm talking about GAF numbers. The PS3 is ahead not by much but it's ahead still.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 lostrib

@I_can_haz said:

@lostrib said:

@I_can_haz said:

@xhawk27 said:

Nah, this is later than that. I'm talking about GAF numbers. The PS3 is ahead not by much but it's ahead still.

Where are those in the article you posted?

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#139 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Not yet. Way to early to tell. But they're the dark horse in this race right now.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 lostrib

@AdrianWerner said:

Not yet. Way to early to tell. But they're the dark horse in this race right now.

I don't think sony really qualifies as a dark horse

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#141  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33099 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

Nintendo actually knows what their consumers wanted and whatever console they create next won't be like the WiiU or any of the current gen consoles. With the WiiU and the 3ds they really did not know what their consumers wanted

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33099 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@bublover1 said:
@xhawk27 said:

R and D may have been similar for both, but I highly doubt sony's R and D was 5 million.Don't believe everything any user says on SW.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#143 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro: your right it is undeniable and i agree with you, PS4 won this gen, no sweat.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#144  Edited By watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: lol

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@super600 said:

@m3dude1 said:

Nintendo actually knows what their consumers wanted and whatever console they create next won't be like the WiiU or any of the current gen consoles. With the WiiU and the 3ds they really did not know what their consumers wanted

You think Loltendo is going to put out a decent, fairly priced machine? LOL

It's clear what people want from new consoles: power. At least if we inspect only the HW related stuff, games are in other category.

People want shinny graphics and 60fps, the amount of deluded cows praising the "almighty" IndieStation and people disappointed with the Weakbox made sure to underline that.

Nintendo is comprised of a bunch of greedy bastards, they'll pull out another weak ass machine for their kids (sheep) whom will gladly overpay for it and Mario Iteration #999

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@super600 said:

@m3dude1 said:

yeah i dont see it going down like that at all. every single conference or speech nintendo does just shows how completely detached from reality every single executive is.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

As the great don mattrix once said, "history shows us the console to first reach 10m wins the gen". Ps4 is near enough 10m

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

@lostrib said:

@AdrianWerner said:

I don't think sony really qualifies as a dark horse

How not? They were beaten by both Nintendo and Microsft last gen. They were least likely to win this one.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

Probably, but only because Europe has a fixation with Sony no matter what, and Xbox will never sell well in Japan. Those are the two crutches that helped the PS3 at least achieve "success" if you can call it that, and the PS4 launching before the Xbox One at a lower price may as well have crippled any chance Microsoft would have had in Europe (lol Japan).

If Microsoft stays committed to gaming like they have been then maybe they can bounce back in America at least. It's really the only territory where any product has the chance to succeed as long as it's good.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Won what?

The numer of lies?

The number of games delayed?

The number of filler indies?