So now it's all about the games and not the hardware.

• 106 results
jim1174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jim1174
Member since 2003 • 301 Posts

In 2014 Sony fan boys on this forum were bragging about how Xbox was 980p upscaled and ps4 was better because Sony was forcing game designers to make all their games true 1080p. Next gen Xbox is rumored to have better hardware or be on par with Sony so the fan boys are now saying it's all about the games and not the hardware.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

there is no way to truely destroy the playstation fanbase.

if your console is more powerful they turn to sales.

if your console sells more they turn to power.

even if you had the most powerful console with the most sales they will turn to number of exclusives and metacritic.

you cant beat a fanboy.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

This narrative came out when Xbox one x was announced,digital foundry exclusively announced the XB1X and as comparison videos started showing the huge leap from the pro the narrative grew as did butthurt cream sales

Ps5 spec hype proves it still about the power as 1 out of 10 PS4 gamers bother to buy exclusives

If the leaks about anaconda being more powerful are true and MS bring the games to this and future E3’s expect the goalposts to be moved to sales

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I own a extremely powerful computer and all of the systems, but I'm still most excited about Mario Maker 2 is out in a few weeks, and a New Path of Exile League that is out in just a few hours. Being a fanboy is a complete waste of time.

Who cares about Systems? They are just boxes of plastic. If God of War was on X-box, Killer Instinct was on Switch, and Zelda was on PlayStation, why would I care? I like good games could not possibly care what it is on. Someday we will not even need the dumb boxes. I for one cannot wait. Means nothing to me.

The only legit reason to be a fanboy is financial reasons (if you can only afford one system I 100% get it). Aside from that, there is no reason what so ever.

It was, it is, and will always be all about the games.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Real Cows are consistent -

• PS1
  • PS2
  • PS3 - we remember all the digital foundry articles / comparisons / PS3 ridicule
  • PS4
  • PS4 Pro (for some)

And in the lead up to this gen , all Lemmings did was roast Cows about how broke Sony was and how much more powerful Durango was going to be compared to Orbis. But that didn't happen as it turned out , lol.

Cows were just poking fun at them for being so confident and were asking them why they didn't switch to PS4 after it was known that the PS4 was more powerful if power meant so much to them.

Lems got mad and searched for anything they could find to convince themselves that Xbone was better - secret sauces , DX12 , 2nd GPU , cloud power , etc. The obsession was quite comical. And we've seen the reactions from Lemmings about the Xbone X and the statement fron Phil Spencer about the next generation. They were / are so happy now.

In conclusion , history shows power is way more important to Xbox fanboys than it is to PS fanboys. We are already excited about the potential 1st party - HZD 2 , Spider-Man 2 , God of War 2 , etc ... along with the expected great 3rd party support PS consoles historically get. We like video games over here the most. Power and services are nice , but we know games (and not just the launch games , lol) are more compelling / exciting.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 68936 Posts

Things only matter when it's in the fan hood's benefit. Because of that hardware only matters when it matters.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Personally, it's always about the games. I'm an avid PC gamer - I never have top of the line hardware. My favorite consoles have never been the most powerful ones - which is interesting... Because there's nothing stopping the most powerful console from having a more diverse and compelling library.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34415 Posts

It's always been about the games. Fanboys are idiots? More news at 11.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

It's always been about games. Why do you think people are buying Sony's and Nintendo's consoles?

PC is only for those MMO games and xbox LMAO.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

PlayStation always has the best game library every gen. That is a fact for 4 gens in a row.

PlayStation always had all the multiplats plus the best exclusives.

Games are the only thing that matter and that’s why PlayStation continues to beat Xbox every gen in worldwide sales. Fact.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

It's always been about the games for me.

N64 was better in some ways to PS1 but I didn't give a shit because PS1 had the games I wanted.

Xbox and Gamecube were more powerful than PS2. Didn't give a shit because PS2 had the games I wanted.

See a trend? It's always about the games regardless of what the PC players say.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 43933 Posts

Fanboys changing the narrative to suit whatever their needs are at any given time?

I’m shocked I tell you. Shocked!

Well not that shocked. ?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 10967 Posts

What? You thought everyone was going to drop their PS4's for a $500 clunk box when it came out? The first Xbox was more powerful than the PS2 and it got SUPER wrecked in sales. So, yeah, a video game system should have good games in its corner boosting its sales. You're not going to win this. Xbox shot themselves in the foot by proposing a 24 hour check-in to play your games as well. It doesn't matter that they didn't go through with it, its the gall of them attempting it. So, collectively a lot of gamers gave the box the middle finger resulting in MS having to fire sale the thing to save face.

There's nothing going on with Xbox that's even worth going insane about anyway. If Xbox comes out with a more powerful console than PS5, it's not gonna matter much if the thing is priced out of most gamer's range. They're gonna try to sell people on the cheaper model anyway. It's a dick measuring contest that's not gonna add up to much. Shit, if it's really all about hardware for you now, get a PC. Xbox games are on that.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#14 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@jim1174 said:

In 2014 Sony fan boys on this forum were bragging about how Xbox was 980p upscaled and ps4 was better because Sony was forcing game designers to make all their games true 1080p. Next gen Xbox is rumored to have better hardware or be on par with Sony so the fan boys are now saying it's all about the games and not the hardware.

What do you want the Sony Fans to do? What is your goal here?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pedro

Lol at the poster above. So bitter.?

EDIT:Two post above me.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@KBFloYd: Stop crying because all you have to play are mario rehashes and google cardboard.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#17 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

YIKES!!!! Coolyfett can see no lie in this statement.

@ajstyles said:

PlayStation always has the best game library every gen. That is a fact for 4 gens in a row.

Games are the only thing that matter and that’s why PlayStation continues to beat Xbox every gen in worldwide sales. Fact.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9766 Posts

Always been about the games for me. If Sony had the games I wanted, I'd use my ps4 more...as it is, all the games I want run better on x1x, and seeing as theres not one good racer - or even a fps exclusive to ps4, I settle with the games I want on the better hardware....Next gen looks like being a similar story.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43888 Posts

Because cows gonna cow...

:P

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I love how we are the only ones changing the narative.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BenjaminBanklin
@Ant_17 said:

I love how we are the only ones changing the narative.

Right? I remember how we got "resolution doesn't matter" from every Xbox fan in message boards, all the way to the gaming press when this gen started. Then when the X1X came out that song changed REAL quick. And it still didn't change Xbox's fortunes. ???

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Barely anyone buys Xbox, why talk about it?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pedro

@Random_Matt said:

Barely anyone buys Xbox, why talk about it?

That's the question I ponder when I read the long bitter comments from people who claim that the system is a waste of time. LOL

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Tell me if 90 million PS4 gamers don’t buy exclusives what did they buy the console for if it’s all about the games?HaH

1080 v 900p/ price and Xbox shitty marketing in the lead up to launch we’re bigger factors than kill zone and knack

Games a selling point? Not when only 1 out of every 10 gamers buy them

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

@mojito1988 said:

I own a extremely powerful computer and all of the systems, but I'm still most excited about Mario Maker 2 is out in a few weeks, and a New Path of Exile League that is out in just a few hours. Being a fanboy is a complete waste of time.

Who cares about Systems? They are just boxes of plastic. If God of War was on X-box, Killer Instinct was on Switch, and Zelda was on PlayStation, why would I care? I like good games could not possibly care what it is on. Someday we will not even need the dumb boxes. I for one cannot wait. Means nothing to me.

The only legit reason to be a fanboy is financial reasons (if you can only afford one system I 100% get it). Aside from that, there is no reason what so ever.

Preach it

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

Well, to be honest if I had only gotten the Xbox one instead of the PS4 and more recently the Wii U, there would have been plenty of games for me to play. Sword art online, Halo, Crash, Spyro, Sunset overdrive, Fallout 4, just cause 3 and 4, Forza, Ace combat, and I could go on!

Of course for me the choice was the PS4 back then because back then the SAO games where PS4 and Vita only, and there was the Digimon games, which I'd rather have that then more Exclusive Halo and Forza. (Sunset overdrive was the exception but there is only one Sunset overdrive compaired to several Digimon and SAO games back in those days.)

So...as far as systems go both would have had exclusive games I am interested in and more than plenty of multi-plats. As far as graphics are concerned, as long as the game is fairly smooth in terms of little to no lag, I wouldn't have minded having upscaled 900P or whatever instead of 1080P.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

@ajstyles said:

I can't really agree with this and I've owned all of the systems. Maybe I'm just a as big a fan of Sony's exclusives. Xbox only has Halo so that was never worth it this time around.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50464 Posts

It's always been about the games, they just add shit when they can. A Sony console has always ended up not being the best for graphics.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

It's always been about the games for true, dedicated players. Not for the fanboys or the show-offs.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Games >>> Hardware.. I'm happy with the current gen and don't mind it to be longer.. The only reason why I will buy a PS5 is because of games like Horizon Zero Dawn 2 and the Next God of War will be PS5 exclusive!

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4337 Posts

am all for the games. i thought it was sad that this news site and others. believe a video sony showed them.....

its like no one cares for facts anymore.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

Sorry, it's never not been about games.

It's not anyone's fault if you're so stupid you actually thought that Sony fans making fun of MS loosing the only advantage they ever held over Sony systems somehow meant that games didn't matter.

Somehow in your xbox fanboy demented logic you figured:

"Sony fans making fun of xbox one being weaker than PS4 = Games don't matter!"

LMFAO What?

What an IDIOTIC conclusion! You guys have no one to blame but yourselves.

To still be spewing this idiotic non-sense after the Switch kicked the living shit out of every xbox version including the X shows that you guys don't know shit about gaming.

Did you guys really think 4k and "The most powerful" narrative would change something using only mutiplats and shittiest exclusives available among all consoles? top kek.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BenjaminBanklin
@boxrekt said:

To be to still be spewing this idiotic non-sense after the Switch kicked the living shit out of every xbox version including the X shows that you don't know shit about gaming. You guys really thought 4k would change something using only mutiplats and shittiest exclusives available among all consoles, top kek.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@jim1174: it was never mainly about rez

It was just a big bonus as the ps4 was cheaper and both consoles didint have much games out yet.

Nice reach tho.

Backwards compatibility got more clout than resolution this gen.

So the joke is on lems

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts
@mojito1988 said:

Same here. I own a PC and consoles because I want to play all the best games. Once a game loads up you forget what platform it's even on and just get into it.

Xbox wouldn't have performed so abysmally this gen if they had the exclusives the 360 had. I owned a 360 and PS3 last gen because both had excellent games you just couldn't get anywhere else. This gen that's only true of the PS4 and Nintendo consoles.

Xbox One X was never going to change anything no matter how much power it had (ignoring the comedy CPU) because the incentive to own any Xbox just wasn't there. This is something that Phil Spencer simply doesn't understand and as long as he's around Xbox will always be total shit.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Try having more exclusives than a playstation and then see if you have an issue to bitch about.

Has XBox actually been about shit? It took Sony ONE generation to be the king of the hill and here we are three (almost four) into the XBox story and you are right where you started.

It has always been about the games. It will always be about the games. Put on your big boy manties and hold XBox accountable if you want a seat at the table. Until then, this is just the shrill scream of obsessive fanboys clutching their goddamn pearls screaming "WHY WONT THEY LOVE ME" on the front lawn.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@boxrekt said:

Sorry, it's never not been about games.

It's not anyone's fault if you're so stupid you actually thought that Sony fans making fun of MS loosing the only advantage they ever held over Sony systems somehow meant that games didn't matter.

Somehow in your xbox fanboy demented logic you figured:

"Sony fans making fun of xbox one being weaker than PS4 = Games don't matter!"

LMFAO What?

What an IDIOTIC conclusion! You guys have no one to blame but yourselves.

To still be spewing this idiotic non-sense after the Switch kicked the living shit out of every xbox version including the X shows that you guys don't know shit about gaming.

Did you guys really think 4k and "The most powerful" narrative would change something using only mutiplats and shittiest exclusives available among all consoles? top kek.

if people truly cared about those things, Gameboy, GBA, DS and 3DS would never have been successful and Vita wouldn't have flopped. Mobile wouldn't be the most used platform for gaming. Some people are oblivious and believe these forum people are the core market, they fail to realize that we here are the smallest of the smallest fraction of the userbase. Most people don't care about resolutions and fps, they care about the game looking pretty and being fun, that's all there is to it.

The people here completely out of touch with reality, specially PC gamers, where most of the PC userbase plays MMO, Lol, p2w, browser games and the likes, nothing that requires a powerful PC.

Avatar image for betterthanyou07
Betterthanyou07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Betterthanyou07
Member since 2019 • 14 Posts

Lol xbone fanboy ran off his own forum so fast getting trumped cuz he made a stupid post about the niche xbone and how salty he is that no one is backing him up lololol

Xbone lost cuz of how bad the reveal was. How the kinect spyed on xbox fanboys when they were alone in therre creepy basements lol. Than having games Cancelled. NO new franchises just same OLD floppy turds like Halo Gears part 29 lol.

PS4 was cheaper. Better exclusives Better graphics , better gameplay, NEW franchises and exclusives with PS always being on top since 95. Ninendo switch even killed xbone and its WEAK hardware yet killed xbox lputtng xbox in last place OUCH lol.

PS2 destroyed Xbox in 2005 and PS3 sold more than xbox 360 after all was said and done. Xbox is just a NICHE console and you are a little boy born in 2009 cuz u obviously dont kno how Xbox has always been NICHE PS1 was king PS2 was king yet weak hardware. Wii won in 2006 and PS4 is better than xbone cuz its NICHE platform in 2019 lol. Xbox is just a streaming APP next to your Uber App lololol.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5233 Posts

System Wars, not Fanboy Wars. Talk about the systems and the games that appear on them, not the people who play them.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#40  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17735 Posts

If you care about performance and graphics, you buy a gaming PC. There are no substitutes. Bragging about which console is more powerful is just silly.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61411 Posts

Yeah, fanboys do that. They flip-flop between arguments that suit their points more.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22367 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

there is no way to truely destroy the playstation fanbase.

if your console is more powerful they turn to sales.

if your console sells more they turn to power.

even if you had the most powerful console with the most sales they will turn to number of exclusives and metacritic.

you cant beat a fanboy.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

No, it's not about the games, it's about hygiene products and Dolls for grown men to play with...

? GTFO, you salty lemming. Sony has always had the better games than MS and that's why they've beat MS three gens in a row now. It's you clown lemmings that are always shifting goal posts.

^ ^ ? At the start of this gen it was about exclusives, now all of a sudden because MS is getting their asses handed to them, exclusives are suddenly anti-consumer and it's about having everyone play mediocre games together regardless of platform.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Livecommander

@BassMan: some people want a secluded atmosphere while they're gaming. PC will never achieve that.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lundy86_4

@Livecommander said:

@BassMan: some people want a secluded atmosphere while they're gaming. PC will never achieve that.

Secluded in what way?

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Livecommander

@lundy86_4: millions of mods , millions of party chat apps , millions of other programs you can download that have nothing to do with gaming

That ish is too broad for a lot of gamers. And almost no one is gonna buy two separate expensive computers

Even then you can't stop the extra options and configurations that come with PC gaming. The ratio of mods and cheaters will always be to overwhelming to keep as a main game player

You lil sister or niece isnt gonna ask to write their essay on a ps4

They will bother ya PC tho lol

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#47  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17735 Posts

@Livecommander said:

@lundy86_4: millions of mods , millions of party chat apps , millions of other programs you can download that have nothing to do with gaming

That ish is too broad for a lot of gamers. And almost no one is gonna buy two separate expensive computers

Even then you can't stop the extra options and configurations that come with PC gaming. The ratio of mods and cheaters will always be to overwhelming to keep as a main game player

Is a console simpler overall? Sure, I do not deny that. If a 3 or 4 year old kid can load up and play Minecraft on PC, it is not that hard. PC can do everything a console can and more. You can also setup one PC up for multiple rooms like I do. You do not need to buy a second PC.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: I distinctly remember Lems hating on Knack while Cows ribbed them for Fighter Within. Don't pretend it wasn't so. For that matter, you Lems were all high falutin about your launch lineup while PS4 came away with a 10.

It has always been about the games, and heaven help all of System Wars if you guys want to pretend you had them at any point. Infamous SS was even more well-received than your Titanfall hype-mothership.

You and @KBFloYd are in utter hilarityville trying to take this argument there. Xbox One started with the worst worsts, and PS4 started with the best bests. Right from Day One and Year One. XBox One is the only console since the CD-i to NEVER have a AAAAE.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lundy86_4

@Livecommander said:

That is one of the dumbest posts that i've read on this board. WTF are you on about? lol. I don't think "secluded" was the word you were looking for, as that didn't make much sense within the context. You were probably trying for "simplistic."

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Livecommander

@BassMan: lol you dont get.

It can do what a console can but it'll will never make you feel the way a console can because its needs too do to much more to be considered a PC

Picture a lambo with 400 mods on it

Millions of people are gonna want a regular lambo still. The paint shines more without hundreds of custimations added etc