So just to recap

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GaTech_Halo (26 posts) -

So I'm thinking about buying a Ps4, and I just want to recap on some points, I'm unsure about:

Sony:

- released a console with 0 good exclusive games

- is now charging $50/year for online play

- lost FF Versus and KH3 at last E3

- does not have the best looking game- despite their promise of better graphics (Ryse is the best looking obviously)

- has a graphics difference with the One that is probably only placebo -- thinking about when people were claiming they could tell the difference when the games were still running at 720p pre-patch

And yet somehow people are perceiving Sony to be doing a good job with the Ps4. Are you fucking kidding me?

Do you ever think you guys are buying into hype and not the product that is actually being delivered? Why would I want this console over the Xbox? Promises?

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (36892 posts) -

Only placebo?

720p vs 1080p is quite a huge difference

#3 Edited by drekula2 (3349 posts) -

"uhhhh no"

- gabe newell

#4 Edited by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

You created a new account for this?

You have done poorly and should feel bad about it.

#5 Edited by anybodykilla15 (114 posts) -

some one roots for m$.....

go ahead and enjoy those half finished games that charge you 60$,

XBOX ONE GAME THAT CAN DO 1080p,

they shouldve hit 1080 by now with the amount of 180s ms did

#6 Posted by GaTech_Halo (26 posts) -

Eh **** it, this forum is just people shouting meme-quality stuff at each other.

**** this.

Can't argue with children. Back in the day people would debate ridiculous debates that made sense. Today you guys can't carry out more than two consecutive replies that make sense. Nevermind reading pages of nonsense where discussion leads into Hilter and Albert Einstein. Children are becoming more retardeder.

#7 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -
@gatech_halo said:

So I'm thinking about buying a Ps4

**edited in my psymon100, basically to point out the jump to this part here**

And yet somehow people are perceiving Sony to be doing a good job with the Ps4. Are you fucking kidding me?

Do you ever think you guys are buying into hype and not the product that is actually being delivered? Why would I want this console over the Xbox? Promises?

So, you prefaced this thread with 'thinking about buying a PS4', but the reality is you were never thinking about it?

Look that's cool. I'm cool with that if that's what you're up to. I'd just rather not operate under the false pretense that there is a discussion to be had here.

#8 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

This forum needs a replacement for the level 10 rule. Like no new threads if you are sub 1000 posts.

#9 Posted by hiphops_savior (8438 posts) -

Marketing >>>>>games.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#10 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@-RPGamer- said:

This forum needs a replacement for the level 10 rule. Like no new threads if you are sub 1000 posts.

even i would be all for that, despite my being quite a few posts below.

#11 Edited by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

man, the mods need to get their shit together. these alts are getting out of control.

#12 Posted by GaTech_Halo (26 posts) -

@-RPGamer- said:

Bro, the quality of threads is all crap. Like if you step outside your bubble, the arguments presented here are completely wrong and make no sense out of the context of this forum.

Most things said here are simply not true, or the importance of facts is skewed in a huge way.

You guys are severely underrating how much of the gaming media is simply just a giant advertisement, and how little game writers understand about technology.

#13 Edited by GaTech_Halo (26 posts) -

@psymon100 said:
@gatech_halo said:

So I'm thinking about buying a Ps4

**edited in my psymon100, basically to point out the jump to this part here**

So, you prefaced this thread with 'thinking about buying a PS4', but the reality is you were never thinking about it?

Look that's cool. I'm cool with that if that's what you're up to. I'd just rather not operate under the false pretense that there is a discussion to be had here.

I'll definitely buy a Ps4 eventually.

Edit: Woah woah woah. How old are you guys? I do completely mean to undermine people's arguements by using their age. CrownKingArthur looks like he's 13 in his profile pic. I suppose that's ok since gaming is targeted toward kids too, but shit, is this a board of just kids?

I mean I use to come on here when I was 13. But damn...that was back pre-360 launch.

Oh shit.... this is probably the first console launch a lot of you guys have seen being actively played out (like you following it). Shit. Damn bro. You guys are all massive jank yo.

Oh you young guys, your opinion is crap-- because youre younger. I don't care about your

intelligence, you're probably fucking stupid.

Here's a tip for you guys: Stop debating about consoles. You guys spend a lot of time

talking about games. You guys claim to like games a lot. Why not just spend your forum

hours being productive, and you could easily get a little part time job, work amazon turk,

whatever, and you'd get that money for all the consoles? you obviously like games, why

not buy them all if it's important to you ? being on this forum is effectively costing you

more than the price of the consoles,

#14 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

@gatech_halo said:

@-RPGamer- said:

Bro, the quality of threads is all crap. Like if you step outside your bubble, the arguments presented here are completely wrong and make no sense out of the context of this forum.

Most things said here are simply not true, or the importance of facts is skewed in a huge way.

You guys are severely underrating how much of the gaming media is simply just a giant advertisement, and how little game writers understand about technology.

Now that I read this post - I think I understand your frustration better.

For example - "Xbox One can't do 1080P" Oh really? NBA 2K14, Fifa, Forza - it obviously can do 1080P. But what would happen if I tried to correct a misinformed fanboy? The answer - they'd flame me.

Annoyingly, the vocal fanboys outnumber the better posters here, those posters that care about the truth, and actually want to talk about games and shit within the context of the system war. These fanboys just want to yell and scream that the system they don't like is atrocious, and that anyone who supports such a system has trisomy of the 23rd pair of chromosomes.

And yes, the gaming media has basically become like "Women's magazines".

#15 Edited by TF626 (592 posts) -

It just launched what do you expect? You know why Ryse probably looks like the best console game? Most likely because Microsoft wanted to show case a beautiful game to market the Xbox One as a graphically superior system, I imagine they put a lot of effort in the graphical quality of Ryse. The PS4 is the most powerful game console, the specs don't lie.

Perhaps buying a PS4 or Xbox One at this point is not for you, wait if you have all these issues with the PS4. You'd think people would use their head and realize most console launches are more to create buzz around the product. It slowly but surely gets better as developers spend more time with it.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#16 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@TF626 said:

You know why Ryse probably looks like the best console game? Most likely because Microsoft wanted to show case a beautiful game to market the Xbox One as a graphically superior system, I imagine they put a lot of effort in the graphical quality of Ryse. The PS4 is the most powerful game console, the specs don't lie.

i agree with all of this.

>launch consoles need a shiny game for marketing

>need to damage control the 50% gpu advantage with a "great looker"

>end of the day ps4's gpu flop advantage exists

welcome in, mate.

#17 Edited by kazrium (1632 posts) -

@TF626 said:

It just launched what do you expect? You know why Ryse probably looks like the best console game? Most likely because Microsoft wanted to show case a beautiful game to market the Xbox One as a graphically superior system, I imagine they put a lot of effort in the graphical quality of Ryse. The PS4 is the most powerful game console, the specs don't lie.

Perhaps buying a PS4 or Xbox One at this point is not for you, wait if you have all these issues with the PS4. You'd think people would use their head and realize most console launches are more to create buzz around the product. It slowly but surely gets better as developers spend more time with it.

You have way too much sense for this forum.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
#18 Edited by turtlethetaffer (18600 posts) -

Acting like the Bone had good release games.

#19 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Neither of them are that worthwile, unless you want to play next gen multiplats and don't have a PC