So it has been over a year since the Wii got an AAAE.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for BlackManticoras
BlackManticoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BlackManticoras
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
In fact, the last AAAE the Wii got was Super Smash Bros Brawl, a year and 5 months ago. That almost beats the AAAE deficiency record that PS3 set. When we consider this, as well as the fact that: * the Wii is absolutely demolished by the competition in terms of the number of AAA and AA games in its library * the majority of Wii's best games are shallow mini-games (WarioWare, Zack and Wiki), shallow party games (Smash Bros Brawl) or just complete shovelware (Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Wii Play), all of which prioritize non-gamers over real gamers * waggle controls have caused gameplay to regress, not progress, meaning Wii games tend to have horrible gameplay * WIi's biggest 2009 game is a 2D Mario platformer that could and should have been made for the DS (it looks like a DS game visually) and has no online, while the rest of the future looks bleak with few if any games worth a damn ... can anyone really doubt that Wii is not only the worst system this generation by far, but also one of the worst consoles in gaming history? Any unbiased manticore and real gamer should see that the Wii has been a complete flop in everything except sales.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#2 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

Yet the Wii is absolutely destroying the PS3 and Xbox 360 in terms of exclusives. Looks like it doesn't need that AAAE. :|

Richymisiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Richymisiak
Member since 2007 • 2589 Posts
to quote someone on here 'do you ever feel someone is so wrong you can't be bothered to correct them?'
G-O-M-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 G-O-M-J
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/cool_story_bro.jpg..

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

So? The Wii has had a very nice stream of good-great games.

And a new account for this?

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Yet it's doing remarkably well this year. Better than the 360 and PS3 in exclusives.
shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

Nice rant.

What's the point?

Also, are we defining AAAE based only on Gamespot scores?

sherlock99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#8 sherlock99
Member since 2005 • 1600 Posts
i find it sad that you had to create a new account just for this lame dude
asyrian758

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 asyrian758
Member since 2006 • 410 Posts
Exclusives :lol: ps3 and 360 multi plats kill anything on the wii,and please sheep, dont hide behind the pc.
caughtjoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 caughtjoo
Member since 2009 • 975 Posts

Nice rant.

What's the point?

shoryuken_
Yes
Avatar image for BlackManticoras
BlackManticoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BlackManticoras
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Exclusives :lol: ps3 and 360 multi plats kill anything on the wii,and please sheep, dont hide behind the pc. asyrian758
That's completely true. Multiplats alone destroy all of Wii's library, but even in exclusives the sheep lose to the other systems.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Casuals dont care about all these letters you guys put to games. They are only waiting for their next fix of Wii Sports whatever the hell Nintendo decide to make and sell for billions and billions of £££

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
I hate to say it, this is the one time I'll say I agree on something like this. I've never actually disliked a Nintendo system until now :(. The only thing I enjoyed was SMG and to a lesser extent, Brawl. I tried some of the other games people on this board suggested, such as some of the AA Wii games, and it just felt depressing when I could just play something better on another console aimed at my tastes. I'd like it more if Nintendo aimed to more of the mature user base, and maybe make some interesting new IPs that flesh out everything from story, production values, gameplay, sound, etc... I have yet to see a Wii game really do that =/.
Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

Did he just say that Zack & Wiki was shallow?!

Oh, what's the use?

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Exclusives :lol: ps3 and 360 multi plats kill anything on the wii,and please sheep, dont hide behind the pc. asyrian758
You're telling the sheep to not hide behind the PC when it's mostly lems and cows that do?
moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

Nice rant.

What's the point?

Welcome to System Wars
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I guess 8 AAE's suck then.
Avatar image for ace-of-spades93
ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 ace-of-spades93
Member since 2008 • 2456 Posts
so............... nintendo are doing well. Why do you want to bash them? Why don't you bash the 3rd parties for developing the shovelware or the idiiots who buy them?
Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
I love these level 1 users talking about AAAE's like they've been here before. TC, you must feel like **** that the Wii is whooping everyone's ass.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#20 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

"the majority of Wii's best games are shallow mini-games (WarioWare, Zack and Wiki)"

Sorry but I had to stop right there. Someone clearly hasn't played Zack and Wiki.

As for the lack of AAA games all I can't deny that, but I can say that we had plenty of AA games and as a gamer myself I can actually enjoy (believe it or not) playing games that are not AAA. Little King's Story is a great example of a fantastic, fun, deep, long and addictive game that is as good as many titles that got AAA here.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shoryuken_

It's kind of odd that TC has a Reggie avatar..

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

And that's all I have to say on the matter.

hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hy4k
Member since 2009 • 1790 Posts
[QUOTE="asyrian758"]Exclusives :lol: ps3 and 360 multi plats kill anything on the wii,and please sheep, dont hide behind the pc. BlackManticoras
That's completely true. Multiplats alone destroy all of Wii's library, but even in exclusives the sheep lose to the other systems.

the wii has had better exclusives than both the 360 and ps3 this year you're not very good at trolling are you?
alberto1128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 alberto1128
Member since 2009 • 1229 Posts
So? The Wii still has a lot of great games. And Zack and Wiki is far from a shallow mini-game collection.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

implying that zack and wiki is a shallow minni gameBlackManticoras

stopped reading there.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Did this guy just ****ing insult Zack and Wiki calling it a mini game collection and shallow? Excuse me but did you seriouslyy just say what I heard you say? This is so beyond fail I feel like I would have to smash the face of my monitor just to escape the levels of dumb. This is beyond words . . . :|

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#27 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

It's been collecting dust, when it comes to AAAEs.

AAEs on the other hand...(though some AAEs are slighty overrated)

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lethalhazard
I do think he's wrong with the Zack and Wiki thing, though. That game was one of the only underrated games I've played for the Wii xD.
kobraka1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kobraka1
Member since 2009 • 890 Posts

Yet the Wii is absolutely destroying the PS3 and Xbox 360 in terms of exclusives. Looks like it doesn't need that AAAE. :|

Stevo_the_gamer

well that is your opinion i guess but not mine. but zach and wiki was awesome. dont know what he is thinking.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

kobraka1

well that is your opinion i guess but not mine.

Its not his opinion, that is the official standingss in the SE metagame whether you like it or not.

Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wolblade

"the majority of Wii's best games are shallow mini-games (WarioWare, Zack and Wiki)"

Sorry but I had to stop right there. Someone clearly hasn't played Zack and Wiki.

As for the lack of AAA games all I can't deny that, but I can say that we had plenty of AA games and as a gamer myself I can actually enjoy (believe it or not) playing games that are not AAA. Little King's Story is a great example of a fantastic, fun, deep, long and addictive game that is as good as many titles that got AAA here.

Pierst179

Glad someone else noticed...

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

Stevo_the_gamer
so true, sad but true
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#33 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Wait, the TC called Zack and Wiki a shallow minigame?:| Are you ok TC?:?

DeadMagazines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DeadMagazines
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts

Stevo_the_gamer
Steve you're a good poster and all, but jeez. I can't stand it when people say this. Of course the Wii has MORE exclusives, everything they get is exclusive to the Wii because they have to be specially designed for it. The Wii gets left in the dust when you look at the ps3/360 multiplats that will never be on the Wii in their true form, maybe a downgrade port here or there. Its tiring when people say it has more exclusives, of course it does, it has to, its like saying the DS has more exclusives than 360 or ps3.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Did this guy just ****ing insult Zack and Wiki calling it a mini game collection and shallow? Excuse me but did you seriouslyy just say what I heard you say? This is so beyond fail I feel like I would have to smash the face of my monitor just to escape the levels of dumb. This is beyond words . . . :|

ActicEdge
it's called a troll. Welcome to the internet
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

DeadMagazines

Steve you're a good poster and all, but jeez. I can't stand it when people say this. Of course the Wii has MORE exclusives, everything they get is exclusive to the Wii because they have to be specially designed for it. The Wii gets left in the dust when you look at the ps3/360 multiplats that will never be on the Wii in their true form, maybe a downgrade port here or there. Its tiring when people say it has more exclusives, of course it does, it has to, its like saying the DS has more exclusives than 360 or ps3.

What's your point? That is the inherent advantage to the wii and its a big one. And multiplats can be better on the wii (rarely though) like Tiger Woods or Prro Evo Soccer.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Shinobishyguy

it's called a troll. Welcome to the internet

When you insult Zack and Wiki you insult me. Troll or not, the internet will not escape my wrath for this level of fail.

Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wolblade

[QUOTE="DeadMagazines"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

ActicEdge

What's your point? That is the inherent advantage to the wii and its a big one. And multiplats can be better on the wii (rarely though) like Tiger Woods or Prro Evo Soccer.

This is true. It ultimately depends on the developer and the genre of the game.

Like, Point-and-Click Adventures would probably be much better on the Wii when compared to the PS3/360. Just an example.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shoryuken_

mitu123

Who iS THAT girl in your avatar!? :oops:

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lethalhazard

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

shoryuken_

Who iS THAT girl in your avatar!? :oops:

Some Australian female from Uncharted 2 :P