So I went into a gamestop today and...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

While I was pre-ordering Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and I noticed Move stocked up so I Lol'd but then I asked with a smile on my face "So how's Move doing?". To my suprise the employee said " It's been doing really well, we've finally been able to keep up with stock now".

Suprise suprise I guess. I myself don't care for either Move or Kinect.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

That is a surprise. Im expecting sales spikes of Move when titles such as Killzone 3, time crisis, and Socom 4 come out

Xire_XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 Xire_XII
Member since 2007 • 3092 Posts

That's nice. Though I wonder how many they actually shipped.

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

My Gamestop was sold out of the individual Move controllers.

Tweetie-Pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tweetie-Pot
Member since 2010 • 1040 Posts
I was about to tell this exact same story. -_- The guy said they're sold out till next week.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

yep salesmen are known for their truthiness.

eggbenedict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 eggbenedict
Member since 2010 • 121 Posts

thats good for sony most likely sells will rise intel after the holidays then it may stop for a while

bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 bigboss5ak
Member since 2007 • 2962 Posts
A salesman is always going to tell you somthing is selling good just so you can fall for the hype and buy one yourself.
SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SwagSurf
Member since 2009 • 3022 Posts

suprisingly it was sold out as well at my local gamestop :shock:

If its similiar to the wii, its obviously going to sell :P

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

A salesman is always going to tell you somthing is selling good just so you can fall for the hype and buy one yourself.bigboss5ak

so had he said halo reach was selling well, he would've obviously been lying about that too right.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
It's going to be interesting to see how well the Move is actually...Moving units, sense it's not a hardcore item we wont see the crash bang launch but maybe it actually is selling I'm heading to EBgames today to get Civ V so I'll let you know what its like here.
bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bigboss5ak
Member since 2007 • 2962 Posts

[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]A salesman is always going to tell you somthing is selling good just so you can fall for the hype and buy one yourself.z4twenny

so had he said halo reach was selling well, he would've obviously been lying about that too right.

Of course not everyone already knows halo sales well
thrillh0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thrillh0
Member since 2008 • 335 Posts

It's so true! My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who worked at 31 flavors near the lakeline Mall Gamestop, and she said it looked like they sold out of Move. I guess it's pretty serious.

'Thank you, Simone.'

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 inggrish

It's so true! My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who worked at 31 flavors near the lakeline Mall Gamestop, and she said it looked like they sold out of Move. I guess it's pretty serious.

'Thank you, Simone.'

thrillh0

gave me a chuckle that :)

mangas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mangas
Member since 2003 • 119 Posts

Riverwolf007

That's right, they're a bunch of liars! The only people to trust nowadays are xbox fanboys and Microsoft employees.

Oh and Vgchartz whenever they publish better sales for xbox.:roll:

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I wouldn't say they were recordbreaking sales but Move did better than even stock managers thought and now stock managers are like "AAARGH!! Now i haz to order moar!!"
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

im thinking about buying move. but i cant skake the feeling that sony wont support it very longand only thing ill get to use it for are wii ports and tacked onun fun motion controls to my core games.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20279 Posts

You can ask them how's poo on a stick doing and they'll say it's doing just fine. They see you as a potential buyer for what you're asking for and will not discourage you in any way from buying it.

fun-da-mental

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fun-da-mental
Member since 2002 • 621 Posts

My Gamestop was sold out of the individual Move controllers.

dercoo

Same here. I was lucky to grab last one in stock on Friday before they ran out.

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

You can ask them how's poo on a stick doing and they'll say it's doing just fine. They see you as a potential buyer for what you're asking for and will not discourage you in any way from buying it.

Zero_epyon

Yup, they convinced me to buy poo on a stick. True story :cry:

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

see i told you so. the move is selling like hotcakes everywhere! you better get yours now or else you wont get your hands on it till mid 2011 because its gonna have shortages and sony cant keep up with the high demand because the move is the best motion controller in the market

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 monson21502

anyone buy the bundle set? how is the ps3 eye packaged in the bundle?

reason im asking is. i bought the xboxlive chattbundle at walmart 2 years ago. and everything in the bundle was packaged just like the stand alone item in the store. so i took pgr4 and the chatt pad back and got a gift card for em. the clerks scanned em and they came right up as 40 bucks each. so i got a head set a 1year goldcard in the bundle for free. no the bundle was 69.99 so i made 10 bucks:P

if i buy the move bundle at wal-mart i can use the 39.99 the eye costs **since i already have one* to buy a second move controller or a sub controller

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 inggrish

reason im asking is. i bought the xboxlive chattbundle at walmart 2 years ago. and everything in the bundle was packaged just like the stand alone item in the store. so i took pgr4 and the chatt pad back and got a gift card for em. the clerks scanned em and they came right up as 40 bucks each. so i got a head set a 1year goldcard in the bundle for free. no the bundle was 69.99 so i made 10 bucks:P

if i buy the move bundle at wal-mart i can use the 39.99 the eye costs **since i already have one* to buy a second move controller or a sub controller

monson21502

Pretty certain they are bundled into 1 so you don't have 2 separate boxes within, just the one box

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 monson21502
[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="monson21502"]

Pretty certain they are bundled into 1 so you don't have 2 separate boxes within, just the one box

well that xboxlive bundle was all in one box and there was alot of stuff in it. the box wasnt very big. all the stuff inside was sealed just like the stand alone items on the shelvs. ps3 eye isnt that big. so im guessing its sealed like the chattpad was. unless it has a not to be resold sticker on it.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17466 Posts

Riverwolf007

You love Colbert Report as well i see :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
I've checked all around my town and they are all sold out too.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I'm telling you guys, its the coloured balls. people like things with balls on them;)

Blaze-Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Blaze-Agent
Member since 2010 • 1951 Posts

Riverwolf007

and your comments represent he truth right? :roll:

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="monson21502"]

monson21502

well that xboxlive bundle was all in one box and there was alot of stuff in it. the box wasnt very big. all the stuff inside was sealed just like the stand alone items on the shelvs. ps3 eye isnt that big. so im guessing its sealed like the chattpad was. unless it has a not to be resold sticker on it.

Look for unboxing videos of the playstation move starter thingy. Admittedly its different from what I could get hewre in the UK, but Im pretty sure the bundle here in the UK has them all in one box minus their original boxes when bought seperately.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

You can always get it off of Amazon. It's always been in stock there.

D-RS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 D-RS
Member since 2009 • 2003 Posts
why is it that sony always cant keep up with stock :p
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 monson21502
[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="monson21502"][QUOTE="_Matt_"] Pretty certain they are bundled into 1 so you don't have 2 separate boxes within, just the one box

Look for unboxing videos of the playstation move starter thingy. Admittedly its different from what I could get hewre in the UK, but Im pretty sure the bundle here in the UK has them all in one box minus their original boxes when bought seperately.

damn that sucks. but i guess i can get the bundle and sell my old ps3 eye came to one of my friends for 20 bucks or so. another question would be. what is used more. 2 move controller or a move and sub controller?
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 monson21502
why is it that sony always cant keep up with stock :pD-RS
the trick for good sales. is to keep stock low to force people to buy on the spot. or risk it not being there on the persons next trip. or risk shopping around at alot of places. everyone does it
RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

I'm telling you guys, its the coloured balls. people like things with balls on them;)

Zaibach
That thing also has rumble :o
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="monson21502"]well that xboxlive bundle was all in one box and there was alot of stuff in it. the box wasnt very big. all the stuff inside was sealed just like the stand alone items on the shelvs. ps3 eye isnt that big. so im guessing its sealed like the chattpad was. unless it has a not to be resold sticker on it.monson21502

damn that sucks. but i guess i can get the bundle and sell my old ps3 eye came to one of my friends for 20 bucks or so. another question would be. what is used more. 2 move controller or a move and sub controller?

Depends what sort of games you are going to play. If you are wanting to play an fps then a nav controller and a move controler will be fine, currently all the titles really oinly support move controllers rather than nav controllers though,

fun-da-mental

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fun-da-mental
Member since 2002 • 621 Posts

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="monson21502"]well that xboxlive bundle was all in one box and there was alot of stuff in it. the box wasnt very big. all the stuff inside was sealed just like the stand alone items on the shelvs. ps3 eye isnt that big. so im guessing its sealed like the chattpad was. unless it has a not to be resold sticker on it.monson21502

I went with 2 controllers. Sport Champions games like gladiator and archery are more fun with 2 controllers. Navigation controller is optional, you can always use your normal sixaxis controller as a navigation controller.

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts

im thinking about buying move. but i cant skake the feeling that sony wont support it very longand only thing ill get to use it for are wii ports and tacked onun fun motion controls to my core games.

monson21502
thats right because sony arnt known to support there playstation products for very long........ps2 has only been going for 10 years, and even though psp has massive piracy it's still getting support as well.....I dont think you need to worry to much.....
johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts
yea I made a thread couple days ago on how move was sold out everywhere here in our area, some posters would refuse to believe me, but I finally found me a move bundle yesterday after searching almost every store, but they were sold out of the move controller by itself though
johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts
yea I made a thread couple days ago on how move was sold out everywhere here in our area, some posters would refuse to believe me, but I finally found me a move bundle yesterday after searching almost every store, but they were sold out of the move controller by itself thoughjohnlennon28
by the way, move is awesome, played till late last night, its just sucks that my wife enjoyed start the party more than sports champion, lol
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 monson21502
[QUOTE="Totalgym9000"][QUOTE="monson21502"]

thats right because sony arnt known to support there playstation products for very long........ps2 has only been going for 10 years, and even though psp has massive piracy it's still getting support as well.....I dont think you need to worry to much.....

well they havent done the same with pos3 so far. i bought the ps3 eye with the game eyeof judgement. cool game, but there wasnt anything else for it really. i was about to sell it untill i heard ps3 move would need it to work. they also gave up on sixasix controls this gen. to me sony hasnt stuck with anything for ps3. thats why im kinda scared to invist my money into move. for all we know they could have a new cam that works better with 3D or something right around the corner.