tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Is 2018 the xbox one X is here is powerful and all but i notice something since the xbox one X was first announced as Project Scorpio.

DX12 hyping was basically stop by MS,so was cloud hyping as well.

Fast forward again to 2018,and you don't hear anything about DX12 any more,and the cloud is probably what is holding back CD3.

I think the XBO X proved without shadow of a doubt that DX12 was basically a hoax and that would never increase power like it was hyped,and the cloud was even more of a hoax,in the end of the day CPU usage on consoles has always been streamline and while on PC DX12 or Mantle and other may have bring some performance games on consoles it just didn't.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts

You also dont hear about UWP, exclooosives or uncompromised 4k anymore. Basically MS spent this gen talking crap.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@tormentos: People actually believed all that lol? I thought it was widely agreed it was PR talk meant to damage control the humiliation the Xbox was suffering at the hands of the PS4 and now the Switch tol.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Funny how all the equivalent bits to DX12 on the PS4 isn't talked about no more either.

Does that make them a hoax also.

No new tech comes out gets talked about (often over hyped by all companies), settles in and then taken as the norm. At which point it doesn't get spoken about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Just like FP16 was going to make the Pro match the X.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2066 Posts

You mean companies bringing new products to market hype up those products? yeah I concede you're right how did nobody else see this?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#7 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Companies hype their products in a capitalist free market and water is wet. Yep you really called it big guy ?

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

I remember when Microsoft claimed the cloud would change gaming forever.

Then nothing happened in the last 5 years and Crackdown 3 looks to become the biggest flop of the generation.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@tormentos: People actually believed all that lol? I thought it was widely agreed it was PR talk meant to damage control the humiliation the Xbox was suffering at the hands of the PS4 and now the Switch tol.

Blackace did at the time, he was hyping DX12 on original Xbox One to believe it'll give the system a huge boost in graphics, but later on, Phil Spencer had to clarify this and the whole DX12 inside Xbox One was nothing but a sham.

Hell, DX12 itself is a failure by MS and it sure did blew up in their faces.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

If people are stupid enough to swallow MS PR, there's nothing you can do about it ^^

They may even argue wait till 2020 and you'll see!!!

Some people never learn.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Juub1990 said:

Blackace did at the time, he was hyping DX12 on original Xbox One to believe it'll give the system a huge boost in graphics, but later on, Phil Spencer had to clarify this and the whole DX12 inside Xbox One was nothing but a sham.

Hell, DX12 itself is a failure by MS and it sure did blew up in their faces.

And el tormented believes everything Sony says. Does that mean he speaks for every Sony fan?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Every Xbox fanboy on this site thought DX12 was going to be some sort of savior. Blew up right in their faces.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tdkmillsy

@fedor said:

Every Xbox fanboy on this site thought DX12 was going to be some sort of savior. Blew up right in their faces.

Savior of what, anyone with an ounce of sense would know Xbox one wouldn't catch up and beat the PS4 performance with any kind of software?

There was a number of improvements early on to close the gap (first development kits was shocking) but that was more than DX12 and pretty standard with console releases.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61479 Posts

Holy shit, it's almost like you have this super-power where you basically just share the same opinions as thousands of other people...

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Holy shit, it's almost like you have this super-power where you basically just share the same opinions as thousands of other people...

ROFLMAO and like Sony never did any of this *cough* *cough* Rapid Packed Math HAHAHAHA!

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Intel released a demo showing a computer generated asteroid field, in which DirectX 12 was claimed to be 50%-70% more efficient than DirectX 11 in rendering speed and CPU power consumption.

The performance improvements of DirectX 12 on the Xbox one is not as substantial as on the PC, and everyone with half a brain knew this right from the beginning.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

Thanks for the heads up there Nostradamus. ?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Ahhh, the daily cow insecurity thread.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@fedor said:

Remember when Eddie Makuch used to post lots of DX12 articles? Those articles sure did bring out a lot of Xbox fanboys believing DX12 on Xbox One would be saving grace over the original PS4 at the time was powerful and boy, Phil Spencer told the fans it's not and it crush all the Xbox fans hopes & dreams. System Wars Xbox fans on the other hand.

Even DX12 on PC is a failure as it is.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kingtito

@davillain- said:
@fedor said:

Remember when Eddie Makuch used to post lots of DX12 articles? Those articles sure did bring out a lot of Xbox fanboys believing DX12 on Xbox One would be saving grace over the original PS4 at the time was powerful and boy, Phil Spencer told the fans it's not and it crush all the Xbox fans hopes & dreams. System Wars Xbox fans on the other hand.

Even DX12 on PC is a failure as it is.

You remember when Sony said the PS2 would be capable of Toy Story type graphics, when they said the PS3 would cure cancer, PS3 would produce the greatest graphics ever created because of the cell or you'd get 2 jobs to get one? Cows sure did eat all that shit up didn't they.

Good times were had by all......except cows

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

They basically threw the kitchen sink at PRing their way out of having to spend money on games that would walk the walk for all their talk. XBox diehards settled for a revolving door of talk, so that is what MS gave them. It's only ever been that simple, since 2014 onward. You could set a clock to the chalkboard all generation long.

Tick - A promise is made

Tock - A promise is broken and another promise made.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@kingtito: For it's time, I never knew Toy Story was used for benchmarks games and I wasn't even around when Sony said such a thing that PS2 would match Pixars graphics, so I really can't say much on that topic, despite I heard stories about it lol.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kingtito

@Shewgenja said:

They basically threw the kitchen sink at PRing their way out of having to spend money on games that would walk the walk for all their talk. XBox diehards settled for a revolving door of talk, so that is what MS gave them. It's only ever been that simple, since 2014 onward. You could set a clock to the chalkboard all generation long.

Tick - A promise is made

Tock - A promise is broken and another promise made.

Riiiiggghhhtttttt because it was a choice between PR or games. One had nothing to do with the other but you keep trying cowgenja

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@kingtito: his statement sums up perfectly what ms has been doing this entire gen

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@davillain-: Oh yea, the daily Makuch articles. Back when dx12 was going to improve performance by like 50% as the xbots would preach. I miss those days.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kingtito

@pdogg93 said:

@kingtito: his statement sums up perfectly what ms has been doing this entire gen

Choosing PR over games? Hahaha ummm apples and oranges cows

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

So then everybody is and was on the same page from the beginning?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tormentos

@Juub1990 said:

I remember many lemmings falling for it,and some like Blackace claimed 3 to 5 times performance increase..lol

@tdkmillsy said:

Funny how all the equivalent bits to DX12 on the PS4 isn't talked about no more either.

Does that make them a hoax also.

No new tech comes out gets talked about (often over hyped by all companies), settles in and then taken as the norm. At which point it doesn't get spoken about.

Which are those.?

lol.

@phbz said:

Just like FP16 was going to make the Pro match the X.

Please quote people saying that,i was one of those that claimed FP16 would help the PS4 Pro but i sure as hell noted that it would not beat the xbox one X ever.

UNlike Ronvalencia and several lemmings who took a ride on the DX12 train,and unlike the xbox one X where ron claimed it would surpass a 1080GTX based on nothing but FP16.

@sts106mat said:

"Reporting Live for Sony TV

It's Me...........Eltooorrmooooo"

Hahahahaa i freaking love that pic..

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#31 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

I was right since the beginning when I said these consoles were shit. LOL

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shewgenja

@kingtito said:
@pdogg93 said:

So, how was Fable and Scalebound? Got a release date for Crackdown, yet? Sequel to Quantum Break still exclusive brah? Do you even XBox One or do you think everyone else has the attention span of a goldfish around here?

Spoiler alert: Cloud Power is still infinite as long as you don't actually have to show anyone...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tormentos

@kingtito said:

And el tormented believes everything Sony says. Does that mean he speaks for every Sony fan?

NO.

And unlike you i didn't change my stance from graphics don't matter to they matter.hahaha

@tdkmillsy said:
@fedor said:

Savior of what, anyone with an ounce of sense would know Xbox one wouldn't catch up and beat the PS4 performance with any kind of software?

There was a number of improvements early on to close the gap (first development kits was shocking) but that was more than DX12 and pretty standard with console releases.

Devs React to DX 12 Doubling Xbox One GPU Speed

Name of the thread.

@tdkmillsy said:

Stardock CEO Brad Wardell who made the claims has experience of working with AMD Mantle and DirectX 11 and now 12. He has the experience to back up his claims.

Dev's will be sceptical until they have seen it in action.

I don't believe it will double performance except in specific situation's but it will have a big improvement.

I've had enough talking about it now, there's no point until E3 (unless someone releases something earlier). I will end by saying I'm under no elusions that the PS4 has better hardware and expect it to settle at 900p/1080p everything the same and if you where that bothered at that point you would get a PC.

Your Reply on the very first page.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/devs-react-to-dx-12-doubling-xbox-one-gpu-speed-31196539/

You make an argument for it you try to validate Brad Wardell claim,only to try to play it safer by the next sentence only to end saying it would have BIG improvements.

So yeah you were on the DX12 hype train as well.

Doubling the xbox one performance means 2.6TF of power from 1.3TF,there is no other way to look at it,double power requires double resources or even more.

So basically yeah i had common sense you didn't.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Ahhh, the daily cow insecurity thread.

And yet you're in it.......

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tdkmillsy

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

NO.

And unlike you i didn't change my stance from graphics don't matter to they matter.hahaha

@tdkmillsy said:
@fedor said:

Devs React to DX 12 Doubling Xbox One GPU Speed

Name of the thread.

@tdkmillsy said:

Stardock CEO Brad Wardell who made the claims has experience of working with AMD Mantle and DirectX 11 and now 12. He has the experience to back up his claims.

Dev's will be sceptical until they have seen it in action.

I don't believe it will double performance except in specific situation's but it will have a big improvement.

I've had enough talking about it now, there's no point until E3 (unless someone releases something earlier). I will end by saying I'm under no elusions that the PS4 has better hardware and expect it to settle at 900p/1080p everything the same and if you where that bothered at that point you would get a PC.

Your Reply on the very first page.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/devs-react-to-dx-12-doubling-xbox-one-gpu-speed-31196539/

You make an argument for it you try to validate Brad Wardell claim,only to try to play it safer by the next sentence only to end saying it would have BIG improvements.

So yeah you were on the DX12 hype train as well.

Doubling the xbox one performance means 2.6TF of power from 1.3TF,there is no other way to look at it,double power requires double resources or even more.

So basically yeah i had common sense you didn't.

Nice of you to take the time to dive into history 4 year ago, but that's basically where you live. At the time it was you screaming that the difference between Xbox One and PS4 was 720p and 1080p. DX12 and better development kits (amongst other things) made a massive impact to bringing the gap to the correct amount. Exactly what I said would happen.

Time and time again I said it would be 900p and 1080p or 720p and 900p and in 90%+ games that had a difference this was the case.

You are the only person I've seen on this forum that has the requirement to actually create a post to try and boast you where right about something 4 years ago. Its not cool man.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kingtito

@Shewgenja said:
@kingtito said:
@pdogg93 said:

So, how was Fable and Scalebound? Got a release date for Crackdown, yet? Sequel to Quantum Break still exclusive brah? Do you even XBox One or do you think everyone else has the attention span of a goldfish around here?

Spoiler alert: Cloud Power is still infinite as long as you don't actually have to show anyone...

So you're saying those games are delayed or canceled because MS decided to use money for PR? Hhahahaah you pathetic delusional cow or was it lem....help me out with that.

Delusional much cowgenja? So sorry you never got that apology from MS.......or I'm not cause you're a sad cow/lem (so confused on your status)

Try harder cowgenja

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kingtito

@elitegaming247 said:

It's crazy the kind of PR bullshit that fanboys believe when they are desperately trying to hype their failing console.

I know right...ppffftttt cows. They sure thought they were getting dual HDMI outputs, RRRIIIIDDDGGGGGEEEE RRRRRRAACCCCEEEERRRRR!!!!, and 2 jobs...........believing PR sure does suck

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

Lot of ownage in here

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

I really miss Sega. I would love a new Sega console at this point. Nintendo rockin it with the Switch has really brought back memories of the fun filled Sega consoles of old. Even the Dreamcast was amazing but just got crushed by the competition but if you look at those games it was such a fun gaming console. Microsoft should really stick with PC.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Shewgenja

@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kingtito said:
@pdogg93 said:

So you're saying those games are delayed or canceled because MS decided to use money for PR? Hhahahaah you pathetic delusional cow or was it lem....help me out with that.

Delusional much cowgenja? So sorry you never got that apology from MS.......or I'm not cause you're a sad cow/lem (so confused on your status)

Try harder cowgenja

Oh, I thought it was clear. Checked my computer settings to make sure I am typing English and everything. I said you got PR instead of games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#43 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@tormentos: Yes dude, I'm totally going to waste my time searching through your posts. Hold on, I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@elitegaming247: Always the case sadly. Nothing matters until a console pushes it and then it suddenly is the absolute factor for games even if it means absolute nothing.

And the endless spining excluding whatever information in order to make it look like something that is not.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The X is 40% more powerful than Pro. /thread

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@xhawk27: the pro has 100% of the best looking games /thread

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Aren't you the same guy who got butth.urt 2 years ago because I stated that Death Stranding won't come out until 2020 and you were saying that 2017 and 2018 were a strong possibility?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

So....people hyped that Xbox would be more powerful, and is, but since its not cause of DX12, people are fools?!?

I rather people here have opinions and "blow up in their faces", than have a bunch of people with no opinions telling others they're dumb for having them. At least I can argue and talk shit on someone for a reason. What is there really to say.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

State a lie as fact, double down then keep repeating it and stupid people will believe it especially when the 'gaming press' read out the PR statements for them.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts
@zappat said:

You also dont hear about UWP, exclooosives or uncompromised 4k anymore. Basically MS spent this gen talking crap.

They spent an entire gen spouting snake oil because they got wrecked. And for some reason, people think we should still buy their box. They have no ethics when it comes to business, all because they can't take an L.