So, I was 100% correct on Scarlet and Sony's reveal! LMAO I told you guys.

• 133 results
#1 Edited by BoxRekt (1263 posts) -

I called it and it's funny how no one has pointed this out but since I'm the one to predict it.

Why did Mark Cerny Mention 8k with PS5's info reveal? ANSWER!!!

@boxrekt said:

Because that was going to be MS's big marketing point for Nextbox power at E3!

I see so many of you guys confused on here why he even mentioned this when most people either don't care or aren't even interested in anything over 4k.

Well it's not a coincidence that Sony dropped this news the same day MS had their XO and dropped the SAD price.

Sony was killing 2 birds with one stone.

Simultaneously taking any wind out of the pitiful SAD box release and stealing MS's thunder from E319 that they were going to use for NextBox to hype it's power and the same group who are criticizing Mark Cerny for mentioning 8k now would have been EATING IT UP if MS was the first one to speak on it 100%.

The only reason Mark mentioned 8k WAS to be the first to speak on it, thus taking the wind out of any buzz MS might have had saying it during E3. Now that big marketing pitch MS had to hype NextBox will simply have gamers asking, "Ok, and what else?".

Chess!

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/why-did-mark-cerny-mention-8k-with-ps5s-info-revea-33457086/

I just want to say, "I told ya so!"

Vid starts exactly at the "Scarlet" system talking points:

• SSD "loading screens"
  • 120 fps
  • Ray-tracing

lol Sony already covered EVERYTHING!

lol so AKWARD MS saying the EXACT same thing Sony already announced TO THE LETTER about Scarlet.

Sony skipped E3 only to suck the only breath of air Xbox fans might have had to hype Xbox going forward. lol I've notice lemmings haven't saying anything negative about 120fps, raytracing and 8k now that MS has had to use those same points to hype Scarlet!

Funny how lemmings argued against ALL those things when "Sony said it".

I told everyone, this is Chess not Checkers.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (39056 posts) -

OP's opinion

#3 Posted by Xabiss (2621 posts) -

#4 Posted by dagubot (1310 posts) -

Congrats? Did you win something?

#5 Posted by lundy86_4 (53140 posts) -

Riiiiight... Why does this need a thread?

#6 Posted by Xabiss (2621 posts) -
@dagubot said:

Congrats? Did you win something?

I just think it is funny because you know they think they actually won something ROFLMAO!

#7 Edited by Black96Z (820 posts) -

I never knew it was important for someone to mention a number followed by a letter before someone else.

#8 Posted by I_P_Daily (11691 posts) -

But we all predicted the OP was an alt, so in the end we all were correct.

PS...no one gives a shit about your opinions except for Sony, because its shit has to land somewhere lol.

#9 Posted by pdogg93 (1568 posts) -

ITT: butthurt lems

You called it OP

#10 Edited by BoxRekt (1263 posts) -

That's a lot of butthurt from angry lems.

Guess that hurt your feelings that I was right and you can't brag about all those things for the next xbox now.

Funny how many here are the usual suspects who've criticized those same things when Sony said it.

Wow the whole damage control clan is here.

#11 Posted by dagubot (1310 posts) -

@boxrekt: Dude...you're fvcking stupid...lol. People don't agree with you and everyone is a lemming huh? πŸ˜‚

#12 Posted by Xabiss (2621 posts) -
@dagubot said:

@boxrekt: Dude...you're fvcking stupid...lol. People don't agree with you and everyone is a lemming huh? πŸ˜‚

When they don't have an argument that is all they have. Cows are the worse fanboys by far. They make a shit post, people shit on it, they call it ownage. ROFLMO! Classic!

#13 Posted by I_P_Daily (11691 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

That's a lot of butthurt from angry lems.

Guess that hurt your feelings that I was right and you can't brag about all those things for the next xbox now.

Funny how many here are the usual suspects who've criticized those same things when Sony said it.

Wow the whole damage control clan is here.

Could you link me where the "usual suspects" criticized Sony for this?

Put up or shut the **** up alt.

#14 Posted by Speeny (1632 posts) -

Good on ya.

#15 Posted by I_P_Daily (11691 posts) -

@dagubot said:

He doesn't see we're just mocking him, its just like he thinks we can't see he's an alt LOL.

#16 Edited by BoxRekt (1263 posts) -
@dagubot said:

lol, me stupid? People...agreeing with me?

Seems you're confused about something here kiddo.

There is nothing for you to agree or not agree with. This isn't a thread that's asking for approval. This is a PROOF POSITIVE and FACTS IN RESULTS thread.

Where am I asking any of you fanboys to, "agree" with me??? Haha. I don't need your agreement or approval simple joe.

As a matter of fact, can you tell me what you disagree with? LMFAO!

You getting angry and lashing out like a moron makes you "fvcking stupid" however. lol at your "People don't agree with you" comment.

I don't need approval for something that's already proven to be right. Cry moar!

#17 Posted by Xabiss (2621 posts) -
@boxrekt said:
@dagubot said:

There is nothing for you to agree or not agree with. This isn't a thread that's asking for approval. This is a PROVEN CORRECT and ACTUAL RESULTS thread.

Where am I asking any of you fanboys to, "agree" with me??? Haha. I don't need your agreement or approval simple joe.

You getting angry and lashing out like a moron makes you "fvcking stupid" however. lol at your "People don't agree with you" comment.

I don't need approval for something that's already proven to be right. Cry moar!

This shit is just sad, now he is mad everyone mocked him. ROFLMAO!

#18 Posted by dagubot (1310 posts) -

@boxrekt: Got it. You're still stupid...

#19 Posted by MonsieurX (39056 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@dagubot said:

There is nothing for you to agree or not agree with. This isn't a thread that's asking for approval. This is a PROVEN CORRECT and ACTUAL RESULTS thread.

So...why didn't you blog it?

#20 Posted by BoxRekt (1263 posts) -
@pdogg93 said:

ITT: butthurt lems

You called it OP

lol and these fanboys BIG MAD!

#21 Posted by cainetao11 (36547 posts) -

You're simply the best!!!

#22 Posted by BoxRekt (1263 posts) -
@dagubot said:

@boxrekt: Got it. You're still stupid...

Damn now my feelings hurt. :'(

#23 Posted by DaVillain- (36479 posts) -

Rather BoxRekt was correct or not, all I know both MS/Sony will advertise the hell out of 8K just to sell 8KTV and it's 4K buzzword all over again. But hey, gotta tell those console gamers 8K is next-gen console for sells after all.

Does anyone really believe all that crap about 8k/120fps? You gotta be fucking kidding me!

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
#24 Posted by ___gamemaster__ (2667 posts) -

seems sony is one step ahead right now. good call OP. though prepare for the angry lems incoming.

#25 Posted by Xabiss (2621 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:

I can only picture the OP playing this while he posted the OT.

Loading Video...

#26 Posted by BoxRekt (1263 posts) -
@MonsieurX said:
@boxrekt said:
@dagubot said:

So...why didn't you blog it?

Because MS's E3 2019 Just happened and I was proven to be 100% right, lemmings would have swept this under the rug and not mentioned any of it and no one else brought it up?

Just a reminder, Xbox fans were FURIOUSLY bashing Sony for even mentioning 8k during Sony's PS5 announcement.

My thread was to inform the board of Sony's true intention of bringing up, not only 8k, but also SSD and Ray-tracing to take the play away for MS this year when they announced Anaconda Scarlet.

It needs to be restated and reestablished that these were the EXACT same talking points MS reiterated for their next gen system as the video clearly shows.

BTW: This isn't a blog post, it's a Sony vs MS system war post but anything that makes MS and their groupies look silly is frowned on in this board. Oh well.

#27 Posted by Xabiss (2621 posts) -
@davillain- said:

Does anyone really believe all that crap about 8k/120fps? You gotta be fucking kidding me!

I hope and pray not!

#28 Posted by ronvalencia (27745 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

I called it and it's funny how no one has pointed this out but since I'm the one to predict it.

Why did Mark Cerny Mention 8k with PS5's info reveal? ANSWER!!!

@boxrekt said:

Because that was going to be MS's big marketing point for Nextbox power at E3!

I see so many of you guys confused on here why he even mentioned this when most people either don't care or aren't even interested in anything over 4k.

Well it's not a coincidence that Sony dropped this news the same day MS had their XO and dropped the SAD price.

Sony was killing 2 birds with one stone.

Simultaneously taking any wind out of the pitiful SAD box release and stealing MS's thunder from E319 that they were going to use for NextBox to hype it's power and the same group who are criticizing Mark Cerny for mentioning 8k now would have been EATING IT UP if MS was the first one to speak on it 100%.

The only reason Mark mentioned 8k WAS to be the first to speak on it, thus taking the wind out of any buzz MS might have had saying it during E3. Now that big marketing pitch MS had to hype NextBox will simply have gamers asking, "Ok, and what else?".

Chess!

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/why-did-mark-cerny-mention-8k-with-ps5s-info-revea-33457086/

I just want to say, "I told ya so!"

Vid starts exactly at the "Scarlet" system talking points:

• SSD "loading screens"
  • 120 fps
  • Ray-tracing

lol Sony already covered EVERYTHING!

lol so AKWARD MS saying the EXACT same thing Sony already announced TO THE LETTER about Scarlet.

Sony skipped E3 only to suck the only breath of air Xbox fans might have had to hype Xbox going forward. lol I've notice lemmings haven't saying anything negative about 120fps, raytracing and 8k now that MS has had to use those same points to hype Scarlet!

Funny how lemmings argued against ALL those things when "Sony said it".

I told everyone, this is Chess not Checkers.

Microsoft revealed "hardware accelerated" ray-tracing instead of heading towards TrueAudio Next with Raytracing.

#29 Posted by BoxRekt (1263 posts) -

@ronvalencia: They're both hardware based bud. I thought you'd know that being the uncrowned tech guy around here.

Also the reason for the enhanced audio with Sony is because they are one of the biggest if not the biggest tech companies for audio engineering in the world. Also the raytracing didn't say anything about being exclusive to audio applications, you might want to check you notes.

#30 Posted by cainetao11 (36547 posts) -

@Xabiss said:
@cainetao11 said:

I can only picture the OP playing this while he posted the OT.

Loading Video...

Nice

#31 Posted by mojito1988 (3604 posts) -

Yikes some people think not showing up to E-3 is the new winning? Weird.

#32 Posted by DrLostRib (4889 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

Riiiiight... Why does this need a thread?

especially since they say 8k like once in that trailer

somehow that equals "major marketing point" for TC...

#33 Edited by ronvalencia (27745 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

@ronvalencia: They're both hardware based bud. I thought you'd know that being the uncrowned tech guy around here.

Also the reason for the enhanced audio with Sony is because they are one of the biggest if not the biggest tech companies for audio engineering in the world. Also the raytracing didn't say anything about being exclusive to audio applications, you might want to check you notes.

Nope, there are two NAVI versions.

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-7nm-navi-rdna-gpu-official-launch/

NAVI version 1 has shader software based ray-tracing. Shader has 2X branch hardware per CU and other operation improvements like half wave-front size. Ray-tracing has many branch workloads. 5700 XT with 40 CU is like old 80 CU on branching and instruction scheduling.

NAVI version 2 has hardware accelerated ray-tracing.

----------------------------------

RX 5700 XT is almost same with Radeon VII in BF5.

Other benchmarks.

RX 5700 XT gets 53 FPS and same with GTX 1080 Ti.

RX-5700 XT (~90.6 fps) below Vega II and GTX 1080 Ti.

It's about time AMD created a raster bias gaming GPU instead of heavy compute GPU.

RX-5700 XT Anniversary Edition (10.14 TFLOPS NAVI) is slightly faster when compared to normal RX 5700 XT (9.75 TFLOPS NAVI).

#34 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18854 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

OP's opinion

#35 Posted by xhawk27 (11283 posts) -

So you are saying they have spies inside Microsoft?

#36 Posted by Pedro (34448 posts) -

PS5 == Xbox Scarlet. OMG, I am shocked. No one saw this coming. :|

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#37 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4579 posts) -

Lems got all in their feelings in this thread.

It's not a big deal for me, but he certainly did take the wind out of MS's sails with that one. That's why people are roasting the newest talking head next-gen Xbox video. Because they have no marketing strategy to lean on but SSD now... like Sony's not doing the same thing. LOL! Looks like Phil's gonna have another fire sale box on his hands.

#38 Edited by Pedro (34448 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: Damn! I didn't know Sony lack of presence was bothering you that bad like the OP. I am so sorry Sony abandoned you guys.

#39 Edited by BoxRekt (1263 posts) -
@xhawk27 said:

Well, they took EVERY talking point MS had for E3 with Scarlet this year, and they made sure to do it before E3 lol.

Maybe they are just forward thinkers? Either way they snubbed MS this E3. 8k, along with custom SSD ending loading, Ray-tracing and 120fps have all been taken used by Sony Pre-E3 almost strategically to disarm MS's entire Scarlet presentation.

• 8k? check
  • Custom SSD ending loading? Check
  • Raytracing? Check
  • 120fps? Check

The power of Scarlet (assuming it's more powerful than PS5) gets no hype for these points, Just saying.

#40 Posted by Pedro (34448 posts) -

@boxrekt: Rumor has it that the same company that is making the hardware for PS5 is making the hardware for the Xbox Scarlet. ;)

#41 Posted by ronvalencia (27745 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@xhawk27 said:

Well, they took EVERY talking point MS had for E3 with Scarlet this year, and they made sure to do it before E3 lol.

Maybe they are just forward thinkers? Either way they snubbed MS this E3. 8k, along with custom SSD ending loading, Ray-tracing and 120fps have all been taken used by Sony Pre-E3 almost strategically to disarm MS's entire Scarlet presentation.

• 8k? check
  • Custom SSD ending loading? Check
  • Raytracing? Check
  • 120fps? Check

The power of Scarlet (assuming it's more powerful than PS5) gets no hype for these points, Just saying.

It didn't disarm MS's E3 2019 hardware accelerated ray-tracing confirmation.

#42 Posted by mave198 (7250 posts) -

That's some DEEEEEEELICOUS lemming ownage OP

I salute you.

Lemmings πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

TLHBO

#43 Edited by BenjaminBanklin (4579 posts) -
@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Damn! I didn't know Sony lack of presence was bothering you that bad like the OP. I am so sorry Sony abandoned you guys.

Uh oh, you know things are gonna be sore and salty when Pedro shows up. Too bad Sony's State of Play's were better than Xbox's whole show. Let's look at the numbers.

Death Stranding Trailer - 7 million views

Halo Infinite - 1.9 million views

#44 Posted by NfamousLegend (347 posts) -

But how do we eat candy?

#45 Edited by Pedro (34448 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: Your saltiness is emanating so much that you can't even see the irony in your response. Tell me more about how much it "doesn't hurt". LOL

#46 Posted by Archangel3371 (27910 posts) -

What the **** is this ****?

#47 Posted by Pedro (34448 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

What the **** is this ****?

Its the "Sony wasn't at E3 and I am mad at everyone." thread.

#48 Posted by Archangel3371 (27910 posts) -

@Pedro: Yeah no doubt. TC seems to be mad 24/7. πŸ˜‚

#49 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4579 posts) -
@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Your saltiness is emanating so much that you can't even see the irony in your response. Tell me more about how much it "doesn't hurt". LOL

I mean, I know it's embarrassing that MS didn't have to go up against Sony and STILL blew their E3, but don't take it out on me. Things are so bad now, they could only buy Double Fine this time. A dev notorious for e-begging. MS just gave them some extra Kickstarter money and now they own the whole company. Everybody else isn't ready to go down with the sinking ship.

#50 Posted by ronvalencia (27745 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Uh oh, you know things are gonna be sore and salty when Pedro shows up. Too bad Sony's State of Play's were better than Xbox's whole show. Let's look at the numbers.

Death Stranding Trailer - 7 million views

Halo Infinite - 1.9 million views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP3UngLFou4

Death Stranding - E3 2018 4K Trailer | PS4, 5,707,965 views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmdb-KmlzD8

Halo Infinite - E3 2018 - Announcement Trailer, 6,088,001 views