2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

When the game is on, it is on but playing the game again showed me it is full of major flaws

for a bow shooter, shooting with the bow feels like shit, it is very clunky, slow and in accurate even with the slow down. It is very frustrating and rarely enjoyable

Menu management is so shit and confusing , 3 or 4 different menus to do simple things, where all could have done in a single menu.

Swapping modifications around the weapons is painful and very complicated and really distracts and interrupts the flow of the game quite often

This game will benefit significantly from a 60 fps game play

Guerrilla game has a long list of improvements they can do with the sequel, lets hope they don't disappoint

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

If you need games to hold your and play Crackdown 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I 100%ed it and dont want play it again.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 2mrw

@Gamerno6666: I did. Just going through the frozen wilds and it is so painful

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I wouldn't expect it to age well. I enjoyed it at the time. I think I gave it an 8 or 9. I don't remember the menu's being a problem. But I could tell there were a lot of things in it, that were going to age. Like the lack of interactivity with the world is going to feel weiiird in a couple years. And the quests and the NPC's are pretty static. Nothing much that'll surprise you in terms of how a quest proceeds or is triggered or what the game keeps track of to alter a questline. Those things are becoming a little more detailed and dynamic every few years in gaming.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

I’ve found some games that will be more to your liking OP...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

It's unfortunate you feel that way. Maybe you should play Breath of the Wild in that regard? In any case, I totally disagree tbh, I put over 72 hours into Horizon Zero Dawn but for me, Horizon is clearly the better one and was more enjoyable for me that is and it's my personal favorite PS4 game of 2017.

If you were to say Breath of the Wild is better then Horizon, I have played both games, HZD is the better game, as much as love the Zelda series, I have to be honest, BotW was fun but it was another Zelda game that has came before and HZD just won me over.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@son-goku7523: lol, that's pretty cruel

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 2mrw

@son-goku7523:

there is a simple problem

I dun have an xbox

but anyway, keep dodging the points.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@2mrw: Yawn...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I started again, but did migrate to other games (FFX-HD and Yakuza 0.) I'll get back to going through the game, as I want to play Frozen Wilds.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#12 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I was confused by how well received it was. The story, the way its told and the characterisation are terrible.

Walking into a room and listening to half a dozen audio logs is not good storytelling. Its really dense and confusing lore too so it was hard to follow.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Perhaps you should stick to board games.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Maybe learn there are 2 types of bows. 1 long range, which is a sniper style, and 1 for fast aiming.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#15  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@davillain- said:

It's unfortunate you feel that way. Maybe you should play Breath of the Wild in that regard? In any case, I totally disagree tbh, I put over 72 hours into Horizon Zero Dawn but for me, Horizon is clearly the better one and was more enjoyable for me that is and it's my personal favorite PS4 game of 2017.

If you were to say Breath of the Wild is better then Horizon, I have played both games, HZD is the better game, as much as love the Zelda series, I have to be honest, BotW was fun but it was another Zelda game that has came before and HZD just won me over.

I am with you there. BotW is overrated and disappointing for a Zelda game. I prefer Horizon. It is not without flaws of course, but I enjoyed it more.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I am yet to beat it. Personally I find it repetitive and the tools which show you where everything is going to walk kinda cheapens the idea of figuring out your enemies path. I may get around to finishing it at some point, but it is hard to find the time to devote to a game which isn't grasping like I want it to. I really wanted to love the game too, I hope my next attempt at it will make me see the light that others see in this game. Just my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#17 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I made the mistake of playing Horizon right after finishing Zelda and it felt like an average game.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@boxrekt: "If you need games to hold your and play Crackdown 3."

Mad cow disease. Mad cow disease everywhere.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator

@BassMan: At least with BoTW, you can finally play it on the best of the best hardware now :)

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BassMan

@davillain- said:

@BassMan: At least with BoTW, you can finally play it on the best of the best hardware now :)

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@BassMan: @davillain-:

Horizon...better than BOTW.

Can’t believe what I’m reading.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Horizon destroys Zelda. Zelda is overrated boring trash.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ajstyles said:

Horizon destroys Zelda. Zelda is overrated boring trash.

97 >>>>>>>>>>> 89

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Juub1990

@ajstyles: Hey you either like interactivity or you don’t.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@son-goku7523: But the OP is a cow and you're posting an Xbox meme.

You're batting at 100% quacknight , as in no matter how many alts you make you own yourself on everyone of them, impressive LMFAO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@son-goku7523 said:

I’ve found some games that will be more to your liking OP...

Holy crap, dude. You straight up demolished this thread.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator

@Juub1990: What's not to believe? I played too many Zelda games telling me this was more the same and BoTW open-world to me felt almost empty. BoTW is by no means of a bad game, I just prefer Horizon cause it was brand new.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Juub1990
@davillain- said:

@Juub1990: What's not to believe? I played too many Zelda games telling me this was more the same and BoTW open-world to me felt almost empty. BoTW is by no means of a bad game, I just prefer Horizon cause it was brand new.

Horizon is even more stale than BOTW. Just another open world game that follows the standard formula. Talk to NPC, do quest, kill monsters, repeat. Literally takes everything from Far Cry aside from a different combat system. There's nothing like BOTW out there.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BassMan

@Juub1990 said:
@davillain- said:

Horizon is even more stale than BOTW. Just another open world game that follows the standard formula. Talk to NPC, do quest, kill monsters, repeat. Literally takes everything from Far Cry aside from a different combat system. There's nothing like BOTW out there.

Actually, there are plenty like Breath of the Wild. That is my problem with it. They turned my beloved Zelda into a generic open world game with a shit story, half-ass dungeons and a terrible weapon breaking system.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Juub1990
@BassMan said:

Actually, there is plenty like Breath of the Wild. That is my problem with it. They turned my beloved Zelda into a generic open world game.

Name these games that are like BOTW so we can have a laugh.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BassMan

@Juub1990: The Witcher 3, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Ass Creed, Horizon: Zero Dawn, etc... A game like The Witcher 3 is much better than Breath of the Wild.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Juub1990
@BassMan said:

@Juub1990: The Witcher 3, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Ass Creed, Horizon: Zero Dawn, etc...

And none of these is like BOTW.

It's also kind funny you're listing all these games because aside from Horizon, they all moved the genre forward or pioneered something.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BassMan

@Juub1990 said:
@BassMan said:

@Juub1990: The Witcher 3, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Ass Creed, Horizon: Zero Dawn, etc...

And none of these is like BOTW.

It's also kind funny you're listing all these games because aside from Horizon, they all moved the genre forward or pioneered something.

Last I checked they involved exploring the world, gathering resources, crafting, taking on missions, etc... just like Breath of the Wild. Generic stuff for open world games. Aside from the traversal system and some of the simulation systems, nothing really stood out to me as particularly good in Breath of the Wild. The old Zelda games had much more charm and uniquely designed elements that made Zelda stand out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d35e2183f2b7
deactivated-5d35e2183f2b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-5d35e2183f2b7
Member since 2019 • 80 Posts

Suck that you didn't enjoy. Its one of the best game I ever played in my life. It really took me by surprised. It's not without its faults though.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Juub1990
@BassMan said:

Last I checked they involved exploring the world, gathering resources, taking on missions, etc... just like Breath of the Wild. Generic stuff for open world games. Aside from the traversal system and some the simulation systems, nothing really stood out to me as particularly good in Breath of the Wild. The old Zelda games had much more charm and uniquely designed elements that made Zelda stand out.

That's some low-level effort there.

What makes BOTW completely unique among them is the systems in place that allow for far more interactions and scenarios than all of these games put together. Unlike those games the world is nowhere near as rigid and interacts with the player character and isn't there to just serve as a place to complete your quests, the various dynamic mechanics are the quests. I shouldn't have to tell you any of this, you're smart enough to know this. Whether or not you like it is a different story but dishonestly pretending it plays like all these games because you gather resources and complete quests is nothing short of laughable.

The old Zelda were getting stale and always had the exact same copy/paste formula. Another major issue they had was that the level design of the dungeons were focused too much around a single item, an issue which wasn't fixed until ALBW.

Games are far too static and have been for too long. BOTW is heading in the right direction and more games need to follow suit.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BassMan

@Juub1990 said:
@BassMan said:

Last I checked they involved exploring the world, gathering resources, taking on missions, etc... just like Breath of the Wild. Generic stuff for open world games. Aside from the traversal system and some the simulation systems, nothing really stood out to me as particularly good in Breath of the Wild. The old Zelda games had much more charm and uniquely designed elements that made Zelda stand out.

That's some low-level effort there.

What makes BOTW completely unique among them is the systems in place that allow for far more interactions and scenarios than all of these games put together. Unlike those games the world is nowhere near as rigid and interacts with the player character and isn't there to just serve as a place to complete your quests, the various dynamic mechanics are the quests. I shouldn't have to tell you any of this, you're smart enough to know this. Whether or not you like it is a different story but dishonestly pretending it plays like all these games because you gather resources and complete quests is nothing short of laughable.

The old Zelda were getting stale and always had the exact same copy/paste formula. Another major issue they had was that the level design of the dungeons were focused too much around a single item, an issue which wasn't fixed until ALBW.

Games are far too static and have been for too long. BOTW is heading in the right direction and more games need to follow suit.

The world isn't as dynamic and cool as you make it out to be. I just got bored after a while. The story was shit and the missions and NPCs were shit. Let me go explore.... maybe I will find another meaningless weapon that will break in short order (argh!!). I had no attachment or interest in the world. A game like The Witcher 3 always kept me interested.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Juub1990
@BassMan said:

The world isn't as dynamic and cool as you make it out to be. I just got bored after a while. The story was shit and the missions and NPCs were shit. Let me go explore.... maybe I will find another weapon that will break in short order (argh!!). I had no attachment or interest in the world. A game like The Witcher 3 always kept me interested.

And it still had 10x the dynamism of those plastic sandbox games you listed. Ideally you'd want a game which combines the aspect of all of those. The flexibility and interactivity of BOTW, the attention to detail of RDR2 and the narrative and world-building of TW3. All these games are very different. Them being open-world hardly makes them alike. I rest my case. There is nothing like BOTW out there.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BassMan

@Juub1990 said:
@BassMan said:

The world isn't as dynamic and cool as you make it out to be. I just got bored after a while. The story was shit and the missions and NPCs were shit. Let me go explore.... maybe I will find another weapon that will break in short order (argh!!). I had no attachment or interest in the world. A game like The Witcher 3 always kept me interested.

And it still had 10x the dynamism of those plastic sandbox games you listed. Ideally you'd want a game which combines the aspect of all of those. The flexibility and interactivity of BOTW, the attention to detail of RDR2 and the narrative and world-building of TW3. All these games are very different. Them being open-world hardly makes them alike. I rest my case. There is nothing like BOTW out there.

Let's just agree to disagree as I don't want to go any further in picking apart Breath of the Wild and how overrated it is. Having played so many games, Breath of the Wild really isn't anything special.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Juub1990

@BassMan: You can call it overrated all you want(as meaningless as that label is). You just can’t call it generic because well, it isn’t.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@boxrekt said:

If you need games to hold your and play Crackdown 3.

No it doesn't. It's a hard action game. Stop damage controlling for Days Flop.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@xhawk27: Crackdown 3 has auto aim and easily abused checkpoints. Also has a crap ai that is hardly a threat to any gamer with reaction times faster than a tortoise and an IQ above 85.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ermacness  Online
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@2_Quiet_2_Riot:

Yet most of them are amongst the "highly praised" committee, and not just here at GS. Go figure.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@fedor said:

@xhawk27: Crackdown 3 has auto aim and easily abused checkpoints. Also has a crap ai that is hardly a threat to any gamer with reaction times faster than a tortoise and an IQ above 85.

It's still throws lots of enemies at you. Its not that easy of a game.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I liked Horizon. I did not love it, but I liked it quite a bit. (It was no Zelda, but it was still fun)

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BassMan

@Juub1990 said:

@BassMan: You can call it overrated all you want(as meaningless as that label is). You just can’t call it generic because well, it isn’t.

The boring quests, resource gathering, crafting, climbing spotting towers, etc. make it generic. The old Zelda games may have been formulaic, but they had a lot of unique content and elements that made it a Zelda game. Breath of the Wild just feels like another open world game. There are more games that resemble Breath of the Wild than there are games that copy the old Zelda formula.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@xhawk27: I disagree, one of the easier games I played this gen. Plenty of people share this opinion with me.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Juub1990

@BassMan: Sure. In the same way that loot, leveling up, exploring, fighting bosses and a medieval setting make Dark Souls a generic RPG.