So I just played the Wii U today...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

I found out the mall I work at just brought in a Wii U kiosk at the Gamestop there. I work at Abercrombie & Fitch, if you were wondering where I worked at. :P

So after work I went to Gamestop and saw the Wii U. The system itself was like 2 Wii's combined. Bigger than I thought. The tablet was actually MUCH larger than I imagined it would be. The only demo there was waw Rayman Legends. I like how the game plays on both the screen and the tablet at the same time.

Well, the game looked very vibrant and artistically beautiful and it was very fun, the tablet was ok too. But after everything's said and done, I feel like the Wii U is just a glorified super DS.

I wish there was a demo of Nintendo Land or Zombie U to try but oh well.

So far it was nothing really amazing. I don't get the crazy hype some of you build it up to be. Now I am absolutely going to purchase the Wii U of course, for Nintendo's first party titles but all in all it's nothing groundbreaking as of right now.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts
I bet some people might take you for trolling, but u sound honest and fair. And i tried wii u but at target. It was definitely fine, it was okay. But i actually lowered my excitement and anticipation after trying the wii u. I have a wii u preordered roght now with three games, and im starting to question if its better waiting wii u off for now It just didnt have that wow factor i expected. When i first tried wii, i was BLOWN AWAY! And i was so excited to get one of my own. I played wii u, enoyed it, but the controller felt cheap. The graphics were fine enough. The touch screen functions reminded me of my own ds. So overall, wii u actually felt very FAMILIAR. Which is okay for some people, but when im paying 300 dollars i want to be thouroughly impressed.
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
I'm interested in one as well but only for Nintendo's first party. Off topic, but I know a few people with both a PS3 and a 360 that plan on buying Black Ops 2 for the Wii U as opposed to the PC or other consoles. Blows my mind. :P
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

oh' cool i worked at A&F also for 6 years (started as a brand rep then became assistant manager)

Anyways i need to check it out for myself, im curious to see how the gamepad is as far as weight and size..but none of the damn Gamestop's around me have them yet, ugh.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ms555
[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]oh' cool i worked there also for 6 years (started as a brand rep then became assistant manager) Anyways i need to check it out for myself, im curious to see how the gamepad is as far as weight and size..but none of the damn Gamestop's around me have them yet, ugh.

Go to target The controller is odd because its bigger than you think but lighter than you think. Being as big and light as it is, it feels very much like a cheap plastic toy. As opposed to the wii mote which actually felt great in the hand
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
I'm interested in one as well but only for Nintendo's first party. Off topic, but I know a few people with both a PS3 and a 360 that plan on buying Black Ops 2 for the Wii U as opposed to the PC or other consoles. Blows my mind. :PXaero_Gravity
They'll most likely be trading it back in for the PS3 / 360 version soon after. I don't really see COD being big on the Wii U.
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
Haven't played it myself, but I want to see 3D Mario before I judge the system.
morattorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 morattorm
Member since 2012 • 30 Posts
I liked the controller but I wasn't blown away by the brief Rahman demo. I'm still stoked for the system though. I already know Nintendo will deliver the quality games I expect from them so all I really needed from the demo was to make sure I don't hate the touchpad. It felt really comfortable and I'm even more pleased with my purchase. I am slightly frustrated I decided to wait for AC3 in wii u but it will be worth the wait.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blazerdt47

I bet some people might take you for trolling, but u sound honest and fair. And i tried wii u but at target. It was definitely fine, it was okay. But i actually lowered my excitement and anticipation after trying the wii u. I have a wii u preordered roght now with three games, and im starting to question if its better waiting wii u off for now It just didnt have that wow factor i expected. When i first tried wii, i was BLOWN AWAY! And i was so excited to get one of my own. I played wii u, enoyed it, but the controller felt cheap. The graphics were fine enough. The touch screen functions reminded me of my own ds. So overall, wii u actually felt very FAMILIAR. Which is okay for some people, but when im paying 300 dollars i want to be thouroughly impressed.ms555

Yea that's the thing, the tablet itself looks and feels very cheap and light like a toy but the screen is really sharp though. It doesn't have that WOW factor like when the Wii was coming out.

I'm going to hold out and buy it once some great games come out.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
How does looking at the two screens work? Feel smooth or awkward?
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blazerdt47

oh' cool i worked at A&F also for 6 years (started as a brand rep then became assistant manager)

Anyways i need to check it out for myself, im curious to see how the gamepad is as far as weight and size..but none of the damn Gamestop's around me have them yet, ugh.

LP4EVA2005

6 years?! That's crazy. I've been 9 months so far. I've seen my fair share of managers come and go haha.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blazerdt47

How does looking at the two screens work? Feel smooth or awkward?locopatho

Kind of like looking at your phone while driving at the same time.:P

morattorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 morattorm
Member since 2012 • 30 Posts
How does looking at the two screens work? Feel smooth or awkward?locopatho
It felt awkward at first but after running through the demo a few times it started to be more natural. I think there will be an adjustment period but once you get accustomed to it I think it will work well. Even if all I get out of it is maps and off screen play that's enough for me. My girlfriend watching Netflix while I still get to play Mario in bed! I'm sold. She gets so pissed if I leave the room to play a game. Replaying AC2 currently and man I keep thinking about how nice the map in my hands would be.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I'm interested in one as well but only for Nintendo's first party. Off topic, but I know a few people with both a PS3 and a 360 that plan on buying Black Ops 2 for the Wii U as opposed to the PC or other consoles. Blows my mind. :PXaero_Gravity

Is Nintendo's first party really worth a console of its own? I mean, I considered getting it for that reason, but if the games aren't very long and only from a couple franchises....

I heard NSMBU was only 7-8 hours long.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]I'm interested in one as well but only for Nintendo's first party. Off topic, but I know a few people with both a PS3 and a 360 that plan on buying Black Ops 2 for the Wii U as opposed to the PC or other consoles. Blows my mind. :PXVision84

Is Nintendo's first party really worth a console of its own? I mean, I considered getting it for that reason, but if the games aren't very long and only from a couple franchises....

Super Smash Bros. U and the next 3D Mario (a.k.a. Super Mario Galaxy 3) is enough reason for me.:D

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

I wish i could have tried it. The Gamestop i went to first had a guy who wouldn't get off and kept asking questions about it then a little girl got on it.:x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]I'm interested in one as well but only for Nintendo's first party. Off topic, but I know a few people with both a PS3 and a 360 that plan on buying Black Ops 2 for the Wii U as opposed to the PC or other consoles. Blows my mind. :PBlazerdt47

Super Smash Bros. U and the next 3D Mario (a.k.a. Super Mario Galaxy 3) is enough reason for me.:D

Yeah, TBH I've never played a Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, Kirby or "recent" Mario game. I'm really tempted to pick this up just to catch up on Wii games like SMG, Kirby's Epic Yarn, etc. and for future Wii U titles. Especially since it'll be a unique experience for me. I just want to know if Nintendo's games will have good replay value and will come out often enough so that the console doesn't collect dust. Any input from Wii owners?

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]I'm interested in one as well but only for Nintendo's first party. Off topic, but I know a few people with both a PS3 and a 360 that plan on buying Black Ops 2 for the Wii U as opposed to the PC or other consoles. Blows my mind. :PXVision84

Your punishment for losing the AC3 bet isn't over yet? :lol:
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

After playing it at the local Best Buy I've got to say I'm underwhelmed. I think I'm going to wait for awhile before buying a Wii-U. The games I tried at BB were basically Xbox 360/PS3 games with a tablet. Maybe once Zelda comes out I might re-consider.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xaero_Gravity

For me? Absolutely. Nintendo's main franchises are some of my favorite series ever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]I'm interested in one as well but only for Nintendo's first party. Off topic, but I know a few people with both a PS3 and a 360 that plan on buying Black Ops 2 for the Wii U as opposed to the PC or other consoles. Blows my mind. :PTheDidact

Your punishment for losing the AC3 bet isn't over yet? :lol:

Nope, I need to keep this sig until tuesday :P.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I was just in my local EB Games yesterday and they had the Wii U kiosk set up, but I decided not to play it or even look at it much because I have my deluxe version preordered anyways and want the full impact the day I open up that box and begin playing.

Installing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Installing
Member since 2010 • 678 Posts

I guess the idea was to make a DS for your TV.

I just don't like the idea of looking up, and then down, up, down, up, down.. (like someone using a gamepad for the first time and can't use it without looking at the buttons.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17422 Posts
I dont think it will do as well as the Wii for one reason: The bar of entry isnt as low as it was with the Wii. I have played it at 3 different outlets. (Walmart, Target, Gamestop). It takes time to get used to. Even the veteran gamers that were in line were struggling with it. Having to watch 2 screens at once is a high bar for soccer moms and little kids. To make matters worse, the multiplay aspect is all but dead unless you use Wii controllers, ut then whats the point in owning the WiiU??? Dont get me wrong, the system is innovative and very creative and fun to play. I can really see how it could be implemented for all kids of games. But with Sony and MS having the ability to use SmartGlass and something similiar on smartphones and tablets, im not seeing the advantage.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blazerdt47

I dont think it will do as well as the Wii for one reason: The bar of entry isnt as low as it was with the Wii. I have played it at 3 different outlets. (Walmart, Target, Gamestop). It takes time to get used to. Even the veteran gamers that were in line were struggling with it. Having to watch 2 screens at once is a high bar for soccer moms and little kids. To make matters worse, the multiplay aspect is all but dead unless you use Wii controllers, ut then whats the point in owning the WiiU??? Dont get me wrong, the system is innovative and very creative and fun to play. I can really see how it could be implemented for all kids of games. But with Sony and MS having the ability to use SmartGlass and something similiar on smartphones and tablets, im not seeing the advantage.navyguy21

Microsoft and Sony will be able to allow phones and tablets to interact with their games the same way Wii U's tablet does. Not to mention the fact that they are also more powerful. Add to the fact that Microsoft and Sony will have much more powerful hardware.

The only thing that makes the Wii U a success is the games. I may be wrong but we'll see.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="ms555"]I bet some people might take you for trolling, but u sound honest and fair. And i tried wii u but at target. It was definitely fine, it was okay. But i actually lowered my excitement and anticipation after trying the wii u. I have a wii u preordered roght now with three games, and im starting to question if its better waiting wii u off for now It just didnt have that wow factor i expected. When i first tried wii, i was BLOWN AWAY! And i was so excited to get one of my own. I played wii u, enoyed it, but the controller felt cheap. The graphics were fine enough. The touch screen functions reminded me of my own ds. So overall, wii u actually felt very FAMILIAR. Which is okay for some people, but when im paying 300 dollars i want to be thouroughly impressed.Blazerdt47

It doesn't have that WOW factor like when the Wii was coming out.

That "WOW" factor is only so good. It was so intrigueing at first, but then it wares off and only a handful of games utilize its potential well, while most give us gimped controls. The gamepad is nothing mind blowing with what we have seen before, but certainly is a great resource that will upgrade our gaming experience. I would much prefer this to something that is interesting for a few days, then gone.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

that's probably just to get from start to finish.

The world map looks huge so there's probably a bunch of hidden exits and stuff.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

Kind of like looking at your phone while driving at the same time.:P

Blazerdt47
thats going to be a problem [QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]oh' cool i worked there also for 6 years (started as a brand rep then became assistant manager) Anyways i need to check it out for myself, im curious to see how the gamepad is as far as weight and size..but none of the damn Gamestop's around me have them yet, ugh.

Go to target The controller is odd because its bigger than you think but lighter than you think. Being as big and light as it is, it feels very much like a cheap plastic toy. As opposed to the wii mote which actually felt great in the hand

all i have to say is you better not rage on the tablet.....i feel bad for those kids that still cant handle raging out on a game and throwing controllers...
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]I'm interested in one as well but only for Nintendo's first party. Off topic, but I know a few people with both a PS3 and a 360 that plan on buying Black Ops 2 for the Wii U as opposed to the PC or other consoles. Blows my mind. :PShinobishyguy

\7-8 hours for a sidescrolling platformer aint half bad, especially with all the other content.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
I played it at Gamestop. About what I expected, a current gen system with an unnecessary tablet controller. Nothing really stood out to me, other than the tablet controller was a little uncomfortable. Will the controller be a usefull gimmick in SOME games? Absolutely. Is it worth basing a system around? Not so much. I decided long ago I wouldn't be getting it day 1 (a mistake I made with the Wii). Might not ever bother unless Nintendo really has a very strong wave of exclusives that makes me change my mind - 3 or 4 "good" Nintendo games is not going to get me to buy it. So the obligatory MarioKart and NSMB and 3D Mario is just not enough for me anymore. I never bothered getting a 360 this gen, was just PS3/Wii/Laptop. Next gen I might just be PS4/PC since the Wii-U isn't doing anything for me.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

NaveedLife

\7-8 hours for a sidescrolling platformer aint half bad, especially with all the other content.

yeah, not just in the main game but there's boost rush and challenge modes as well.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] that's probably just to get from start to finish.

Shinobishyguy

yeah, not just in the main game but there's boost rush and challenge modes as well.

And I won't assume anything or get my hopes up, but I would be shocked if there was not some sort of difficulty mode or alternate world after beating it. They seem to be big fans of that.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]\7-8 hours for a sidescrolling platformer aint half bad, especially with all the other content.

NaveedLife

And I won't assume anything or get my hopes up, but I would be shocked if there was not some sort of difficulty mode or alternate world after beating it. They seem to be big fans of that.

you mean like world 9 or star world? Yeah I wouldn't be surprised
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ms555

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="ms555"]I bet some people might take you for trolling, but u sound honest and fair. And i tried wii u but at target. It was definitely fine, it was okay. But i actually lowered my excitement and anticipation after trying the wii u. I have a wii u preordered roght now with three games, and im starting to question if its better waiting wii u off for now It just didnt have that wow factor i expected. When i first tried wii, i was BLOWN AWAY! And i was so excited to get one of my own. I played wii u, enoyed it, but the controller felt cheap. The graphics were fine enough. The touch screen functions reminded me of my own ds. So overall, wii u actually felt very FAMILIAR. Which is okay for some people, but when im paying 300 dollars i want to be thouroughly impressed.NaveedLife

That "WOW" factor is only so good. It was so intrigueing at first, but then it wares off and only a handful of games utilize its potential well, while most give us gimped controls. The gamepad is nothing mind blowing with what we have seen before, but certainly is a great resource that will upgrade our gaming experience. I would much prefer this to something that is interesting for a few days, then gone.

The thing is, the novelty of the wii mote lasted for a while actually! For a while, i was a big believer in the future of the wiimote and motion gaming, playing wii sports felt so unique...i demo the wii u and no joke, the novelty faded away in about thirty seconds for me. After about a minute of playing, it felt no different than if i was playing a nintendo branded xbox 360, only the controllr is double the size and half the weight. Im not doubting that wii u can be interesting and successful. But honestly ive had a heart change and i feel like what will make wii u great are the zelda, ssb, metroid, and mario games, not the potential of the hardware itself
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] yeah, not just in the main game but there's boost rush and challenge modes as well.Shinobishyguy

you mean like world 9 or star world? Yeah I wouldn't be surprised

Like Galaxy 2 adding 120 stars after and 1 added something too right? not to mention SMW had a pink world after (did it change the gamea at all? I don't remember) you beat it.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

ms555

The thing is, the novelty of the wii mote lasted for a while actually! For a while, i was a big believer in the future of the wiimote and motion gaming, playing wii sports felt so unique...i demo the wii u and no joke, the novelty faded away in about thirty seconds for me. After about a minute of playing, it felt no different than if i was playing a nintendo branded xbox 360, only the controllr is double the size and half the weight. Im not doubting that wii u can be interesting and successful. But honestly ive had a heart change and i feel like what will make wii u great are the zelda, ssb, metroid, and mario games, not the potential of the hardware itself

I have not played the WiiU yet, but sometimes WOW factor and novetly is best overlooked. I don't go, "WOW mouse and keyboard controls!" But that doesn't mean it isn't infinitely better (for some games) than dual analog.

The fact is, the WiiU will allow for all games to have good practical developement choices with their tablet, but it also allows for games that want to use motion, use motion. And at times, that is a good thing. Metroid Prime games are a prime (lol) example of this.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ms555

[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

I have not played the WiiU yet, but sometimes WOW factor and novetly is best overlooked. I don't go, "WOW mouse and keyboard controls!" But that doesn't mean it isn't infinitely better (for some games) than dual analog.

The fact is, the WiiU will allow for all games to have good practical developement choices with their tablet, but it also allows for games that want to use motion, use motion. And at times, that is a good thing. Metroid Prime games are a prime (lol) example of this.

Well yeah thats true, but it doesnt quite change the fact that right now the wii u hardware alone feels a bit underwhelming. What will make or break the wii u are the games that expose the pads potential. And thats really the point it comes down to. U try wii, and it immedeatly caught ur attention. Just the hardware alone was interesting Wii u's greatness on the other hand can only speak through its games to come. The hardware alone is not quite attention grasping. And if developers fail to make clever use of the pad, the wii u WILL end up simply being a nintendo branded xbox 360. Thats not the worst thing that could happen. Make an hd zelda and what the heck, ill pick up wii u! But if u want wii u to blow people away, only the developers can do that. Im wondering if zombiu will be able to be the game wii u needs to really show what its got
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I enjoyed it. Just waiting till next year for when they're readily available. I'm really in no hurry.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#39 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Blogs are good

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
I recently played a Wii U too, and I loved it and if anything it increased my excitement,I thought the controller felt perfect not too heavy, and Rayman Legends was great, truly a shame will have to wait to 2013 to play it.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="ms555"] The thing is, the novelty of the wii mote lasted for a while actually! For a while, i was a big believer in the future of the wiimote and motion gaming, playing wii sports felt so unique...i demo the wii u and no joke, the novelty faded away in about thirty seconds for me. After about a minute of playing, it felt no different than if i was playing a nintendo branded xbox 360, only the controllr is double the size and half the weight. Im not doubting that wii u can be interesting and successful. But honestly ive had a heart change and i feel like what will make wii u great are the zelda, ssb, metroid, and mario games, not the potential of the hardware itselfms555

Well yeah thats true, but it doesnt quite change the fact that right now the wii u hardware alone feels a bit underwhelming. What will make or break the wii u are the games that expose the pads potential. And thats really the point it comes down to. U try wii, and it immedeatly caught ur attention. Just the hardware alone was interesting Wii u's greatness on the other hand can only speak through its games to come. The hardware alone is not quite attention grasping. And if developers fail to make clever use of the pad, the wii u WILL end up simply being a nintendo branded xbox 360. Thats not the worst thing that could happen. Make an hd zelda and what the heck, ill pick up wii u! But if u want wii u to blow people away, only the developers can do that. Im wondering if zombiu will be able to be the game wii u needs to really show what its got

Meh, the Wii is Nintendo's worst console to date. I am sorry you are not pleased, and I have not played it yet, so I will not judge, but for me, it all comes down to games. Right now, the WiiU already looks to have more effort put in than the Wii. I hope this continues.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ms555

NaveedLife

Meh, the Wii is Nintendo's worst console to date. I am sorry you are not pleased, and I have not played it yet, so I will not judge, but for me, it all comes down to games. Right now, the WiiU already looks to have more effort put in than the Wii. I hope this continues.

Wel i didnt disagree with that! It IS all about the games. Thats why i think i wanna wait wii u off, i wanna see the zelda and mario games come first and see how well miyamoto uses that pad. Miyamoto always does a great job unveling the potential in a systems hardware
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Xaero_Gravity
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]I'm interested in one as well but only for Nintendo's first party. Off topic, but I know a few people with both a PS3 and a 360 that plan on buying Black Ops 2 for the Wii U as opposed to the PC or other consoles. Blows my mind. :PFlamesOfGrey
They'll most likely be trading it back in for the PS3 / 360 version soon after. I don't really see COD being big on the Wii U.

Makes sense.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="ms555"] Well yeah thats true, but it doesnt quite change the fact that right now the wii u hardware alone feels a bit underwhelming. What will make or break the wii u are the games that expose the pads potential. And thats really the point it comes down to. U try wii, and it immedeatly caught ur attention. Just the hardware alone was interesting Wii u's greatness on the other hand can only speak through its games to come. The hardware alone is not quite attention grasping. And if developers fail to make clever use of the pad, the wii u WILL end up simply being a nintendo branded xbox 360. Thats not the worst thing that could happen. Make an hd zelda and what the heck, ill pick up wii u! But if u want wii u to blow people away, only the developers can do that. Im wondering if zombiu will be able to be the game wii u needs to really show what its gotms555

Wel i didnt disagree with that! It IS all about the games. Thats why i think i wanna wait wii u off, i wanna see the zelda and mario games come first and see how well miyamoto uses that pad. Miyamoto always does a great job unveling the potential in a systems hardware

gamepad or not, a good game is a good game. I prefer PC hardware in every way, but that doesn't stop me from playing Uncharted, Zelda, MGS, and more. I do agree though, I was (may still, we will see) going to wait and see how they do Zelda and Metroid, since I was a bit dissapointed with the Wii iterations of those series (Mario was very good though). I think the gamepad and lack of motion controls being shoved down your throat, will beenfit series. There is a time and place for certain controls. I may not wait though now, since NSMBU looks exceedingly awesome, as does other games. I like to see Nintendo putting effort in like this and like they are with AC: New Leaf. Hopefully this carries over to series to follow.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ms555

NaveedLife

gamepad or not, a good game is a good game. I prefer PC hardware in every way, but that doesn't stop me from playing Uncharted, Zelda, MGS, and more. I do agree though, I was (may still, we will see) going to wait and see how they do Zelda and Metroid, since I was a bit dissapointed with the Wii iterations of those series (Mario was very good though). I think the gamepad and lack of motion controls being shoved down your throat, will beenfit series. There is a time and place for certain controls. I may not wait though now, since NSMBU looks exceedingly awesome, as does other games. I like to see Nintendo putting effort in like this and like they are with AC: New Leaf. Hopefully this carries over to series to follow.

Ya i hear ya, a good game is a good game. And even if wii u is not full of pizazz, if it gets a totally rockin mario and zelda and metroid theres really nothing to complain about haha. So ur right. Wii remote ended up being SORTA KINDA a failed experiment. Never became what we all hoped it would be. But the wii still stayed worth playing because of awesome games like ssbb, mario galaxy, dk kountry , skyward sword, and many others. That had nothing to do with the wiimote, they were just downright good games. Im really just stating that AS OF NOW wii u is not hooking me like i thought, but im not gonna deny that when those games do come that we are looking towards, it really wont matter how great that pad is. Im just gonna want to play those freakin awesome games!