So how many people here defected from Sony?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Chloroformality
Chloroformality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Chloroformality
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts

I'll admit, I never was a big fan of Sony. I have a PS2, but only for a small number of games that I've played elsewhere and wanted to finish completely.

So, when the PS3 came out, I was pretty indifferent. When it recieved bad press, I was a little amused. When a lot of its fans were buying the competitors consoles, though, I was a little surprised.

So, tell me, how many of you decidedly liked Sony but were turned away after the launch of the PS3?

Avatar image for PaintballinDude
PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PaintballinDude
Member since 2004 • 1092 Posts

I'll admit, I never was a big fan of Sony. I have a PS2, but only for a small number of games that I've played elsewhere and wanted to finish completely.

So, when the PS3 came out, I was pretty indifferent. When it recieved bad press, I was a little amused. When a lot of its fans were buying the competitors consoles, though, I was a little surprised.

So, tell me, how many of you decidedly liked Sony but were turned away after the launch of the PS3?

Chloroformality
I did just the oppesite.
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts
[QUOTE="Chloroformality"]

PaintballinDude
I did just the oppesite.

Why? You don't hear very often of people jumping onto a sinking ship.
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

Chloroformality
if the console personal fits you thats your console or future console. Don't let the negative press fool you try it yourself.
OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OXIIIIXO
Member since 2006 • 2337 Posts

Chloroformality

70% of SW fanboys are MS fanboys, what do you expect to prove with this thread?

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
I dont' want to say defected, but currently I don't care for their PS3 as I did for their PS2.
Chloroformality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chloroformality
[QUOTE="Chloroformality"]

ff7isnumbaone
if the console personal fits you thats your console or future console. Don't let the negative press fool you try it yourself.

Oh, haha, believe me, the only things I read and take into account are novels. I only enjoy press because it's amusing; I didn't expect much from the PS3. I supposed I called this one. No, I've played the PS3. The few games I tried weren't that great.
Avatar image for PaintballinDude
PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PaintballinDude
Member since 2004 • 1092 Posts
[QUOTE="PaintballinDude"][QUOTE="Chloroformality"]

iunderstand
I did just the oppesite.

Why? You don't hear very often of people jumping onto a sinking ship.

That may be one stand point, But i can always play Halo 3 at a friends. Thats the only time halo was fun to me anyways. Microsoft's odeals with apple did not impress me much and i saw the same thing comeing. Not to mention Metal gear solid.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

Chloroformality
the more I see ps3 the more I want it
theboxmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 theboxmike
Member since 2005 • 2615 Posts
I didnt even really like the ps2........not enough shooters......That's probably why im a Hermit/Lemming now lol
Colinllama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Colinllama
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts
Last gen I had a PS2.  This gen I've got a Wii, and I'll probably pick up a 360 or a PS3 in the next 18 months, depending on how things turn out.
SuzumeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 SuzumeCake
Member since 2006 • 4347 Posts
I had a PS2, it had really nice games. But I didn't bother with the PS3. I got a Wii instead, PS3 strives too much with the photo-realism. DS has more appealing games in my opinion.
Paktahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Paktahn
Member since 2002 • 2093 Posts

Yep. This is a post I made before E3. Even after E3 I was still a cow and didn't buy an Xbox 360 until very late last year but before that I was a cow. I didn't have to look hard to find this post but it was the first one I found that stated I was getting a PS3. The rest of my post history is very pro PS3 but it gets less and less pro PS3 from E3 onwards.

I will probably get the Xbox 360 as a 2nd console if i get one. However the PC and PS3 should offer just about everything i want.

Mar 21, 2006

http://gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24455875&msg_id=267964456
Paktahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Paktahn
Member since 2002 • 2093 Posts

I just found what is by far the dumbest post I have ever made in retrospect... even then it was stupid :lol:

I think it will take not much more than 2 months for the PS3 to catch up to the Xbox 360 in sales if Sony has 6 million consoles ready for launch. The Rev will probably sell better than the 360 did at launch if there is no supply problems but it's unlikely it will sell as well as the PS3. There is a lot of details we don't know yet, like the pricing of the consoles and that will effect sales.

April 4, 2006

http://gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24497457&msg_id=268627945

theboxmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 theboxmike
Member since 2005 • 2615 Posts

I just found what is by far the dumbest post I have ever made in retrospect... even then it was stupid :lol:

I think it will take not much more than 2 months for the PS3 to catch up to the Xbox 360 in sales if Sony has 6 million consoles ready for launch. The Rev will probably sell better than the 360 did at launch if there is no supply problems but it's unlikely it will sell as well as the PS3. There is a lot of details we don't know yet, like the pricing of the consoles and that will effect sales.

April 4, 2006

http://gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24497457&msg_id=268627945

Paktahn
Arr its not that bad, but everybody makes mistakes
ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts

Why would I "defect" from sony so far the playstation 1 and 2 have been great and sony is the champ. I have no reason to believe the ps3 won't be great either so why switch from the champ  ???

1. Lets see nintendo has great 1st party games but the wii-mote is standard and I don't like it = Stick with sony

2. I had a xbox and ms killed it after it came out last and was the most powerful to force me to buy a 360 with crappy backward compatibility = Stick with sony

3. Ps2 is still selling great with hits from sony like GOW2 and the ps3 is the most powerful console ever (it does everything standard) with backward compatibility and all the hit games I love coming over = Stick with sony 

Now I bought a 360 cause I like live and the xbox is dead but I am still with sony till I see a reason to switch.  

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I have, got a new PC, got a Wii, my PS2 died, but fortunately my uncle got one for free so i can play GOW2. But i'm definitely buying a 360 before a PS3, although i just ordered a PSP :?
marinebro0306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 marinebro0306
Member since 2005 • 1098 Posts
I defected.
Poppa_pain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Poppa_pain
Member since 2003 • 2660 Posts
I own a ps2 and got a 360. GOW3 and MGS4 havent come out yet plus the system is 600 bucks so I havent a reason to a PS3 at the moment. Heavenly Sword does look promising.
Chloroformality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chloroformality
I defected.marinebro0306
Cool. Welcome to the dark side... mwahahaaaa...