So Guys Theres no Bloodborne2, Confirmed

#1 Edited by Larsa_Ferrinas (192 posts) -

https://www.dualshockers.com/bloodborne-sequel-deracine-easter-egg-response/

https://www.dualshockers.com/fromsoftware-two-unannounced-games/

Miyazaki says the Bloodborne Easter egg in Déraciné was "overboard" and that the studio is reflecting on its decision to include it in the first place.

FromSoftware’s most recent release was that of Déraciné, a VR adventure game that was a far cry from the other action titles that the studio has become synonymous with. When the game released just a few months ago, the Internet was set ablaze after fans found that it contained an Easter egg that seemed to imply a sequel to Bloodborne could be arriving.

Well, in a new interview with FromSoftware’s Hidetaka Miyazaki, he seemed to state that fans shouldn’t read much into that Easter egg. Miyazaki described its inclusion as “overboard” and said that despite how much he and his studio love the Bloodborne property, they feel like it conveyed the wrong things.

Sony was still owed a second exclusive but Bloodborne 2 was never in production, but are we are getting something better. There's now 2 Miyazaki directed ips coming besides sekiro.

FromSoftware President Hidetaka Miyazaki confirmed in a recent interview that the Dark Souls developer is working on two unannounced projects.

It’s very common within the gaming industry for larger developers to have multiple projects in development at the same time. FromSoftware, a developer best known for its work on the Dark Souls series, Bloodborne, and the upcoming Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, is no different. Apparently, the popular Japanese developer has two unannounced projects in development.

There was never a Bloodborne2 sequel in production, so rejoice lems, but he also confirms there's is something better coming along the way. Could this be a PS5 exclusive. I could hear the sheeps running. Lets hope Persona 5 is still coming to the switch

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
#2 Posted by deactivated-5cd08b1605da1 (9317 posts) -

Still coming, I'm sure of it

#3 Edited by mandzilla (4154 posts) -
@Larsa_Ferrinas said:

I could hear the sheeps running. Lets hope Persona 5 is still coming to the switch.

For real. If we get a Persona game and a Shin Megami Tensei game on the same console again, then that would bring balance to the force.

#4 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1710 posts) -

BB was my least favorite of all the Souls games. By all means, make something else. That samurai game looks alright.

#5 Posted by DaVillain- (37560 posts) -

It's better if Bloodborne 2 just comes to PS5 & not PS4. And I prefer Bloodborne over Dark Souls anyways, so were totally getting another Bloodborne game.

#6 Posted by DaVillain- (37560 posts) -

@ezekiel43 said:

BB was my least favorite of all the Souls games. By all means, make something else. That samurai game looks alright.

If you're interested something of Dark Souls style, you should check out "Code Vine" when it's release next year.

#7 Posted by sakaiXx (5927 posts) -

I hate Sony sometimes, From Software seems like they been waiting for sony to greenlight the game for a while now. Sony Japan studio is big enough to create a team for Bloodborne 2 so why they still not doing it :(

There is a reason Bloodborne been platinumed by near 650k people even though its hard as heck, the game is so good! Do it Sony!

#8 Edited by Subspecies (679 posts) -

Pretty certain there's gonna be another Bloodborne. I just hope it branches out into a new setting, like maybe a sister city similar to Yharnam, but with unique architecture, denizens, etc. Also, it should be a PS5 exclusive.

#9 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1710 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@ezekiel43 said:

If you're interested something of Dark Souls style, you should check out "Code Vine" when it's release next year.

It's ugly as sin. Really bad art style. Also, I don't want other games to straight up ape Dark Souls, as much as I liked the series. I think there are better ways to do combat.

#10 Posted by getyeryayasout (12394 posts) -

Let it be a one off. Everything gets milked to the point that people grow weary of franchises they loved at one point in time. Let BB be it's own thing. Bring on Sekiro!

#11 Posted by mandzilla (4154 posts) -

Bloodborne sequel is inevitable at some point as the first one was really well received, and by all accounts was the first truly great PS4 exclusive imo. Maybe they'll hold off until PS5 gen to have more power to use while developing it though.

#12 Posted by JoshRMeyer (10471 posts) -

I see dollar signs $$$ so another will come, but maybe further down the road.

#13 Posted by Howmakewood (5952 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Code Vein and to the previous post: yes it better be ps5 title where it hopefully runs at solid 60

#14 Posted by KBFloYd (21892 posts) -

game probably sold like shit

good riddance

#15 Posted by AJStyles (1024 posts) -

Blood borne and dark souls suck so hopefully they stop making those games for good.

#16 Edited by watercrack445 (1735 posts) -

I'm looking forward for unorthodox asian games.

Whether it be Japanese, chinese, Korean, or even Hawaiian.

#17 Posted by DaVillain- (37560 posts) -

@howmakewood said:

Code Vein and to the previous post: yes it better be ps5 title where it hopefully runs at solid 60

Good thing Code Vein is coming to PC so I won't have to worry about buying a PS5 to play it :)

@ezekiel43 said:

It's ugly as sin. Really bad art style. Also, I don't want other games to straight up ape Dark Souls, as much as I liked the series. I think there are better ways to do combat.

That's cool, just spreading the word out on the game.

#18 Posted by VFighter (5132 posts) -

@KBFloYd: Does Nintendo force you to hold your ankles or do you voluntarily do it?

#19 Posted by dreman999 (11514 posts) -

@Vatusus: just like demon souls 2.....wait a sec..

#20 Posted by Planeforger (18075 posts) -

I'd like to see a second Bloodborne game.

The first game was a bit flawed, with repetitive bosses, less content than the Souls games, and a really rushed/not fun third act.

I'd like to see them try again, with bigger and better ideas.

#21 Posted by Gatygun (1561 posts) -

Probably getting shelved for the PS5.

#22 Posted by cainetao11 (36719 posts) -

@davillain- said:

It's better if Bloodborne 2 just comes to PS5 & not PS4. And I prefer Bloodborne over Dark Souls anyways, so were totally getting another Bloodborne game.

Funny because I prefer Nioh to all of them.

#23 Posted by cainetao11 (36719 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

Let it be a one off. Everything gets milked to the point that people grow weary of franchises they loved at one point in time. Let BB be it's own thing. Bring on Sekiro!

Agreed. That's how @TheEroica and I felt about TLOU. Make it like a great film like Citizen Kane or The Deer Hunter. Go and be creative and make something new. Let some greats stand for all time without the milking. But that's not Capitalism, ya know?

#24 Posted by Ten_Pints (3879 posts) -

Demon's Souls 2?

#25 Posted by DaVillain- (37560 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:
@davillain- said:

Funny because I prefer Nioh to all of them.

Different strokes for different folks.

#26 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1710 posts) -

@ten_pints said:

Demon's Souls 2?

Why? Why would they make a sequel to a nine year old game that only 2 million people bought? I think Demon's Souls is still my favorite, but it was fine as a one-off.

#27 Posted by Subspecies (679 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

Blood borne and dark souls suck so hopefully they stop making those games for good.

Incredible insight. Thoroughly considered viewpoint, my friend. Truly. /s

#28 Posted by Shmiity (6279 posts) -

I'm the only one holding out for King's Field 5

#29 Posted by deactivated-5cd08b1605da1 (9317 posts) -

@dreman999 said:

Demon's Souls sequel was Dark Souls. Its the same setting and concept. BB is a whole different matter. Sony knows it would bring hype for the PS5, they're not dumb. I'm about 80% sure it'll come sooner or later

#30 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2242 posts) -
@Vatusus said:
@dreman999 said:

Demon's Souls sequel was Dark Souls. Its the same setting and concept. BB is a whole different matter. Sony knows it would bring hype for the PS5, they're not dumb. I'm about 80% sure it'll come sooner or later

It's Dark Souls with a different skin and rebalance.

Not saying it can't happen, but didn't the lead guy say he was done with these games?

#31 Posted by clone01 (27527 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Yeah, that game looks neat.

#32 Posted by Phil_Spencer (10 posts) -

Bloodborne is one my favorite games. It takes a great amount skills to play. I remember playing this for hours, even days. That is how so good the game is. I hope Bloodborne 2 releases something in the future.

#33 Edited by dreman999 (11514 posts) -

@Vatusus: it was a spiritual successor not a sequel.

And that is my point. You're not getting a blood born sequel because they are going to take that concept and make a multiplate game with it.

Just like demon souls.

You guys were just the testing ground to see if their concept works.

#34 Edited by Kali-B1rd (2242 posts) -
@dreman999 said:

@Vatusus: it was a spiritual successor not a sexual.

And that is my point. You're not getting a blood born sequel bevause they are going to take that concept and make a multiplate game with it.

You guys were just the testing ground to see if their concept works.

The concept already worked... its a friggin Dark Souls re-skin/balance.

My god, its like saying "Hyrule Warriors or Fire Emblem Warriors are not Dynasty Warriors Games! THEY ARE THEIR OWN THING DAMMIT" no.. just no.

You can't take a game franchise, made by the same developer, using the majority of the same gameplay, slightly change it all, change the theme and not say its a re-skin of an existing franchise.

Demon Souls was the testing ground, Dark Souls was the multiplat solution. Bloodborne was a bought exclusive re-skin.

Despite the wording suggesting its not in the wiki-fanboy page, its clear on what it was:

There were no connections to FromSoftware's previous titles, even though Miyazaki conceded that it "carries the DNA of Demon's Souls and its very specific level design".[46] Development ran parallel to that of Dark Souls II.[47]

Ofcourse fanboys and cows will see the first part of the sentence and pretend that is the law. It's exactly like the Dynasty Warriors games.

Cows won't admit that here though.

Development of Bloodborne began as development was being completed on the Prepare to Die edition of Dark Souls, released in August 2012. Sony Computer Entertainment approached FromSoftware concerning cooperative development on a title, and director Hidetaka Miyazaki asked about the possibility of developing a game for eighth-generation consoles.

Miyazaki had wanted to create a game set in such an era as those novels, but he wanted everything to be as detailed as possible, and felt that such a game was only possible on eighth generation hardware. This need for high-end hardware, and the fact that the PlayStation 4 was presented to the company first, was the reason the game was a PS4 exclusive, rather than a cross-generation release.

Literally a bought re-skin exclusive.

We can argue its the best "Demon Souls" game all day, maybe that's correct. but it is what it is, a re-skin/balance.

#35 Posted by dreman999 (11514 posts) -

@kali-b1rd: and it's going to be renames and turned into a multiplate game.

#36 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2242 posts) -
@dreman999 said:

@kali-b1rd: and it's going to be renames and turned into a multiplate game.

Maybe, if they ever make another one. They could argue the brand power and the extra $$$ from Sony directly may result in less risk to profit than rebranding again and going PS5/PC/Xbox/.

#37 Posted by sakaiXx (5927 posts) -

Sekiro is Bloodborne spiritual successor. You all see just how fast the gameplay is and, no shield. Its bloodborne x tenchu.

Also Sony Japan Studio can create their own sequel. They do have experience from developing Demon's Soul and Bloodborne.

#38 Posted by VFighter (5132 posts) -

@kali-b1rd: Lol, re- skin, you troll fanboys are so cute at times.

#39 Posted by phbz (4589 posts) -

With MS 100% buying FromSoft a BB2 is impossible.

#40 Edited by ellos (2057 posts) -

They are a gun for hire studio. When time is right and they are not bought out they will do it. They have directors other then Miyazaki himself. Bloodborne puts the borne in Souls. Don't listen to bullshit petty fanboy salty arguments. Its arguably the best out of the SoulsBorne games. The series needed a presently similar but different approach at the time. A very important comeback game. Doesn't matter if it was Sony who happened to f**k with them again at the time.

#41 Posted by jeezers (3173 posts) -

@cainetao11: I liked nioh the best out of the genre, I liked the speed.

Tired of the genre tho, I dont want any right now, after demon souls, dark souls, bloodboune, I want something new

#42 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2242 posts) -
@vfighter said:

Ah here they are, the fanboys that won't see reason.

"It's totally not a Souls game you guys! But I cant explain why!"

#43 Posted by robert_sparkes (3235 posts) -

Bloodbourne 2 for PS5.

#44 Posted by jhcho2 (5016 posts) -
@Vatusus said:

As sure as you are about a Demon's Souls 2 coming.

#45 Posted by robert_sparkes (3235 posts) -

Demon souls PS3

Bloodbourne PS4

Bloodbourne 2 PS5

#46 Posted by Rockman999 (7508 posts) -

I would bust so many nuts if Bloodborne 2 was announced. I actually got the Platinum for BB.

#47 Posted by dreman999 (11514 posts) -

@kali-b1rd: dude. Don't kid yourself. Their is no such thing in modern day gaming.

#48 Posted by deactivated-5cd08b1605da1 (9317 posts) -

@jhcho2 said:
@Vatusus said:

As sure as you are about a Demon's Souls 2 coming.

Where did I said Demon's Souls 2 was coming? Again, not the same thing. Demon's and Dark Souls are too much alike in setting and gameplay there would be no point in releasing a Demon's Souls 2. Dark Souls IS Demon's Souls 2. BB has a different setting and mechanics to differenciate itself from the Souls games. People keep claiming BB is "just" another souls game wich is stupid. Nioh, Sekiro, Salt & Sanctuary, etc, etc, are "just" another souls clones but they do present some unique mechanics to be they're own IPs despite sharing the same Souls DNA. So is BB. If BB was made by other dev that was not From Software people wouldnt be doubting the sequel was coming... dont be naive

#49 Edited by deactivated-5cd08b1605da1 (9317 posts) -

@kali-b1rd said:
@vfighter said:

Ah here they are, the fanboys that won't see reason.

"It's totally not a Souls game you guys! But I cant explain why!"

I can. The more agressive "risk and reward" playstyle for starters. The lack of defense mechanisms and more focus on dodging. The lack of builds and the healing system makes it more of an action game rather then an RPG like souls games. You may not like it but its different. No magic. The parry mechanic is also different.

Just because they share the same checkpoint system and souls/blood echoes system does not mean they're the same. Halo and Destiny share the same developers and the same regen system and they're still different IPs with small differences between themselves to be called "equal"

#50 Edited by sakaiXx (5927 posts) -

@Rockman999 said:

I would bust so many nuts if Bloodborne 2 was announced. I actually got the Platinum for BB.

Nice job man. Congrats on being one of the 650k people who platinumed this hard as heck game. Game so hard, yet so good the platinum percentage is that high, truly an amazing game. Hope we get Bloodborne 2, bell system do needs improvements though