So far so good DS controller and astro playroom impressions.

• 185 results
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

I didn't care if it did or didn't. I wasn't whining and crying hoping on alts trying to DC like you're doing here.

Again YOU got caught with your alt gifford. BTW I still see blue posting so not exactly sure how you say he/she vanished.

Care to take that bet now el tormented/gifford? And I'm still waiting for that "evidence" you claimed you have.

Yes that is exactly what you are doing to avoid been owned because you defend the xbox one inferior quality + $100 more in price so badly that you would look stupid trying to push graphics.

@kingtito said:

Who buys consoles for graphics? Seriously, who does this? I buy consoles for their repsective exclusives clown. If i want awesome graphics I fire up my gaming rig. Try harder cow.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ign-tomb-raider-ps4-xbox-one-side-by-side-comparis-31047683/?page=4

This is why you have an alt that talk about nothing but power.😂

I didn't even call you out on that thread others did, for the fact that could not see much difference you and other lemmings on a game were benchmark showed the PS4 had a 60FPS vs 30FPS sustain in many areas.

Now any time you feel like using a graphics argument of the series X vs the PS5 remember cows can fire up their PC's if they want graphics like you claim did.

Oh and i am not even bringing that same argument about online which you also hid on PC and now pay for live.😂😂

You really should learn how to understand when reading gifford. You fail to grasp even the simplest of sentences and have no idea of context. I guess it's because your head is always up Sony's ass it's affects your ability to understand what you read.

Nah Gifford, YOU got caught with an alt now you're projecting. I'm still waiting on that evidence of an alt I supposedly have. Now go find that evidence gifford since I've already proven yours.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@hardwenzen: Hmmmm...120 million this gen think otherwise. 85 million last gen, 150 million the gen before that, starting to see the picture yet?

I'll say it again, I like Xboxs controller, have since the original, I just prefer Sony's layout more and those numbers I posted make me think a few others think that also. But you keep up that fanboys noise as usual, it always makes for a good laugh.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 44939 Posts

@tormentos said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
Loading Video...

Sony really hit it outside the park with the DS, all i have been reading are good impression about this controller i hope developers put some effort into it.

Yea I'm excited to get my hands on it. I like that Sony included a free game with the PS5 that shows its potential.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

You really should learn how to understand when reading gifford. You fail to grasp even the simplest of sentences and have no idea of context. I guess it's because your head is always up Sony's ass it's affects your ability to understand what you read.

Nah Gifford, YOU got caught with an alt now you're projecting. I'm still waiting on that evidence of an alt I supposedly have. Now go find that evidence gifford since I've already proven yours.

@kingtito said:

Who buys consoles for graphics? Seriously, who does this? I buy consoles for their repsective exclusives clown. If i want awesome graphics I fire up my gaming rig. Try harder cow.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ign-tomb-raider-ps4-xbox-one-side-by-side-comparis-31047683/?page=4

I understand what i need to.

You hide on PC to defend 900p and 720p on xbox.

You hid on EXCLUSIVES to justify owning a console over PC.

Now that your xbox has no exclusives i assume you will go PC, you get superior performance which you LOVE conveniently or when it serve you best, and you get all games because xbox has no exclusives hell you get PC exclusives + xbox games win win and you save those pesky $60 a year which are not $60 any more but more.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 tormentos

@hardwenzen said:
@vfighter said:

@hardwenzen: Why would Sony want to use the Xboxs analog layout? They've been doing pretty good since the ps1 with their setup lol. Fanboys are so funny.

To offer an option, because any sane person knows this layout is preferred by many, especially for fps's? Fanboys are indeed funny.

That layout is preferred by blind lemmings the majority of the industry yeah don't care and like the DS.

Its just killing you that the DS is getting all the hype while the series X controller is been threated as second class.

Don't worry i am sure MS will take notice copy sony and sell you a $300 dollar elite controller with the same functions and you will love it.😂

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 kingtito

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

@kingtito said:

I understand what i need to.

You hide on PC to defend 900p and 720p on xbox.

You hid on EXCLUSIVES to justify owning a console over PC.

Now that your xbox has no exclusives i assume you will go PC, you get superior performance which you LOVE conveniently or when it serve you best, and you get all games because xbox has no exclusives hell you get PC exclusives + xbox games win win and you save those pesky $60 a year which are not $60 any more but more.

I didn't hide anything gifford. You just lack any semblance of reading comprehension and you get reminded of that on a daily basis. It's like talking to a wall only I bet a wall would have a better understanding when they read.

Still waiting on that proof gifford. Where is it?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 tormentos

@kingtito said:

I didn't hide anything gifford. You just lack any semblance of reading comprehension and you get reminded of that on a daily basis. It's like talking to a wall only I bet a wall would have a better understanding when they read.

You are simply pathetic the fact that you are QUOTED damage controlling the xbox inferior performance says it all.

PC are for graphics.

Consoles for Exclusives.

So yeah officially you are a PC gamer now since the xbox has no exclusives and you love better performance.

🤣🤣🤣

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 kingtito

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

You are simply pathetic the fact that you are QUOTED damage controlling the xbox inferior performance says it all.

PC are for graphics.

Consoles for Exclusives.

So yeah officially you are a PC gamer now since the xbox has no exclusives and you love better performance.

🤣🤣🤣

No, the fact that you lack the comprehension to understand anything you read of that's pathetic but keep deflecting clown

Let me help you, PC is for graphics if that's all you care about BUT if you're going to game on console why wouldn't you game on the most powerful console? Why would you purposely choose the weakest console if you have a choice between the X1 or the X1X? You probably don't understand gifford but that's par for the course with you because you lack the basic comprehension.

I've always been a PC gamer gifford. Show me saying I wasn't? It's probably in the same post proves I have an alt eh? /sarcasm

Still waiting on my proof gifford

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#109 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 43989 Posts

I’m curious to see how this controller will hold up in the wild after heavy use.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7181 Posts

It seems a great controller I hope devs use it more than the touch pad on Ps4.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#111  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38126 Posts

@tormentos said:
@hardwenzen said:
@vfighter said:

@hardwenzen: Why would Sony want to use the Xboxs analog layout? They've been doing pretty good since the ps1 with their setup lol. Fanboys are so funny.

To offer an option, because any sane person knows this layout is preferred by many, especially for fps's? Fanboys are indeed funny.

That layout is preferred by blind lemmings the majority of the industry yeah don't care and like the DS.

Its just killing you that the DS is getting all the hype while the series X controller is been threated as second class.

Don't worry i am sure MS will take notice copy sony and sell you a $300 dollar elite controller with the same functions and you will love it.😂

lol you're stupid.

If this layout wasn't anything worthwhile, pc controllers, a ton of 3rd party controller and the Switch wouldn't be using it. This layout is way more popular than the PS one. It impresses me that some are denying it still.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@tormentos said:
@hardwenzen said:
@vfighter said:

lol you're stupid.

If this layout wasn't anything worthwhile, pc controllers, a ton of 3rd party controller and the Switch wouldn't be using it. This layout is way more popular than the PS one. It impresses me that some are denying it still.

The "thumbsticks layout" was done by Nintendo first btw not Xbox. Even tho the C stick for the Gamecube was not an analog stick it still worked as intended when playing a FPS game. So Xbox copied Nintendo.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@p3anut said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tormentos said:
@hardwenzen said:

lol you're stupid.

The "thumbsticks layout" was done by Nintendo first btw not Xbox. Even tho the C stick for the Gamecube was not an analog stick it still worked as intended when playing a FPS game. So Xbox copied Nintendo.

Someone at Nintendo was drunk when they designed that thing. As you've mention, they didn't even have a proper analog, so its them who copied Xbox and not the other way around.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 p3anut

@hardwenzen said:
@p3anut said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tormentos said:
@hardwenzen said:

lol you're stupid.

Someone at Nintendo was drunk when they designed that thing. As you've mention, they didn't even have a proper analog, so its them who copied Xbox and not the other way around.

It still worked as intended. Looking around with the C stick felt the same as using an analog stick. So Xbox copied the placement from Nintendo, sorry bud.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@hardwenzen: it could be on ms to offer a symmetric layout then, bc that is what I and many others prefer. The door swings both ways.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 hardwenzen  Online

@p3anut said:
@hardwenzen said:
@p3anut said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tormentos said:

lol you're stupid.

It still worked as intended. Looking around with the C stick felt the same as using an analog stick. So Xbox copied the placement from Nintendo, sorry bud.

To copy an analgo layout, you first need to have analog sticks. Sorry 😥

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#117 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69087 Posts

Nintendo was the first to have analog stick. That's all there is to it. Not sure why it matters now.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 p3anut

@hardwenzen said:
@p3anut said:
@hardwenzen said:
@p3anut said:
@hardwenzen said:

lol you're stupid.

You trying to hard to give MS the recognition but just face it Xbox copied the sticks placements from Nintendo and Xbox copied the button placements from Sony.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 hardwenzen  Online

@p3anut said:
@hardwenzen said:
@p3anut said:
@hardwenzen said:
@p3anut said:

You trying to hard to give MS the recognition but just face it Xbox copied the sticks placements from Nintendo and Xbox copied the button placements from Sony.

Those are false claims that i refuse to stand by.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hardwenzen  Online

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@hardwenzen: it could be on ms to offer a symmetric layout then, bc that is what I and many others prefer. The door swings both ways.

Sure, why not? Their layout is superior, that's why they don't pay attention to inferior layouts, but sure, there's no reason why not to offer an option.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#121  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17764 Posts

@Pedro said:

Nintendo was the first to have analog stick. That's all there is to it. Not sure why it matters now.

Sega released the 3D controller (analog) with Nights into Dreams prior to Nintendo 64.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@BassMan said:
@Pedro said:

Sega released the 3D controller (analog) with Nights into Dreams prior to Nintendo 64.

Then why the hell does Nights into Dreams have "partial" (understatement) controller support on Steam? Can't even play the fucking thing.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#123 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17764 Posts
@ezekiel43 said:
@BassMan said:
@Pedro said:

Then why the hell does Nights into Dreams have "partial" (understatement) controller support on Steam? Can't even play the fucking thing.

Dunno. Why even bother trying to use that shit controller anyway?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@hardwenzen: superior according to whom? That's your opinion, which you should not claim as fact.

Before you try to cite other controllers, there are two things you should know. For one, that was first done to encourage use of analog 3d control over 8 way digital control back when Sega first introduced it on saturn (then dreamcast), also accompanied by making their dreamcast d pad not very good. That point leads to the second one: there are just as many symmetrical controllers released historically as well.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 hardwenzen  Online

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@hardwenzen: superior according to whom? That's your opinion, which you should not claim as fact.

Before you try to cite other controllers, there are two things you should know. For one, that was first done to encourage use of analog 3d control over 8 way digital control back when Sega first introduced it on saturn (then dreamcast), also accompanied by making their dreamcast d pad not very good. That point leads to the second one: there are just as many symmetrical controllers released historically as well.

Its my opinion, yes. But each time, for the past 15 plus years i've asked this question to real life friends (i remember arguing about this ever since the original xbox came out and released the S controller), the large majority preferred the xbox layout. Someone needs to make a poll to see the actual answer of what most gamers think. Bet you the ps layout would win for the simple fact that there are way more PS fanboys that would vote for whatever their system of choices uses, but if fanboying wasn't a thing, i bet you the xbox layout would bitchslap the ps layout.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By tormentos

@kingtito said:

No, the fact that you lack the comprehension to understand anything you read of that's pathetic but keep deflecting clown

Let me help you, PC is for graphics if that's all you care about BUT if you're going to game on console why wouldn't you game on the most powerful console? Why would you purposely choose the weakest console if you have a choice between the X1 or the X1X? You probably don't understand gifford but that's par for the course with you because you lack the basic comprehension.

I've always been a PC gamer gifford. Show me saying I wasn't? It's probably in the same post proves I have an alt eh? /sarcasm

Yeah go fool your self looser we know in what context you post was, and was directed at cow and in fact it was on a thread about Tomb Raider which you nor your body's could see any difference even that in many parts the PS4 commanded a 30FPS lead over the xbox version.

BY the way that thread was when the xbox one X didn't exist it was a 2014 thread.😂

Which is why you hide behind exclusives as well, there was no BC and the xbox still had exclusives back then.

No you are a lemming and one that can't admit been wrong.

But but but reading comprehension..😂😂😂

@hardwenzen said:

lol you're stupid.

No is not not even CLOSE by the way there are even more 3rd party layout like the PS4 than the xbox.

You simply can't handle the fact that the controller is great is eating you.

@hardwenzen said:

I wonder how that worked when the GC released before the xbox did, in September 2001.

Not only that the xbox controller wasn't anything like it is today basically only the layout survive, they shamefully copy sony and sega, the left analogue is where the DC has its analogue and the right were the PS has it, and before you say any more shit, they even copy the memory holes and triggers which again were in sega's controller.

Oh that without mentioning that before the DS what other controller had 2 analogues?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 VFighter

@hardwenzen: 120 million vs 40 million this gen, seems most don't mind the ps4 controller lol. You might want to find some friends who have better taste by the way.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 kingtito

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Yeah go fool your self looser we know in what context you post was, and was directed at cow and in fact it was on a thread about Tomb Raider which you nor your body's could see any difference even that in many parts the PS4 commanded a 30FPS lead over the xbox version.

BY the way that thread was when the xbox one X didn't exist it was a 2014 thread.😂

Which is why you hide behind exclusives as well, there was no BC and the xbox still had exclusives back then.

No you are a lemming and one that can't admit been wrong.

But but but reading comprehension..😂😂😂

LOLOL someone's upset. What's the matter gifford you finally understand the context of my post? Yeah that would probably upset me as well.

Wow what a bunch of gibberish. Dude you're soooo upset you can't even form a coherent thought. Must be the lack of evidence you've failed to provide about some made up alt of mine huh gifford?

Well gifford, time for you to rest and take a break from SWs.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 hardwenzen  Online

@vfighter said:

@hardwenzen: 120 million vs 40 million this gen, seems most don't mind the ps4 controller lol. You might want to find some friends who have better taste by the way.

Do those 120mil have choice? They do not. Console sales don't prove shit because nobody buys a console for a controller layout.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 kingtito

@vfighter said:

Stupid analogy is stupid analogy. The PS hasn't sold 120M because of their controller layout. The symmetrical setup has been outdated for years. Sony just refuses to change up because they've been using it for decades. It's an old design and if you think a 90s designed controller with little to no improvement since then is the best then you're just fanboying.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20095 Posts

@kingtito said:
@vfighter said:

Stupid analogy is stupid analogy. The PS hasn't sold 120M because of their controller layout. The symmetrical setup has been outdated for years. Sony just refuses to change up because they've been using it for decades. It's an old design and if you think a 90s designed controller with little to no improvement since then is the best then you're just fanboying.

Then why hasn't MS changed their layout since 2001?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 kingtito

@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:
@vfighter said:

Asymmetrical layout has been far superior for most modern games and that's what we're talking about. Not talking about improvements like rumble or input lag. I'm just referring to the stick layout and Sony's is outdated. Good for fighting games but how many fighting games do we have compared to every other genre that's better suited for stick use?

Answer you question or were you just fanboying?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#133  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

I tend to prefer Playstation style controllers for PC gaming over Xbox. Though a lot of the new features of it I do not think will be very relevant for my usage. The common denominator of the main consoles, meaning, the one with the least amount of features common with the other two, is the Xbox controller. So that HD rumble / Dual sense will not make it to 99.9% of games created, nor will motion controls except for exclusives designed for the PS5/Switch.

The reality is, Xbox is holding back controllers for all games. Gyro aiming absolutely should be a feature expanded upon and implemented in platform independent and PC gaming but as long as Xbox brand controllers remain in the early 2000s from a technology standpoint, it won't happen.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 hardwenzen  Online

@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:
@vfighter said:

Asymmetrical layout has been far superior for most modern games and that's what we're talking about. Not talking about improvements like rumble or input lag. I'm just referring to the stick layout and Sony's is outdated. Good for fighting games but how many fighting games do we have compared to every other genre that's better suited for stick use?

A Sony fan will never admit something being superior on another platform. Completely pointless to even ask the question. I am the only cow that admits that the asymmetrical layout is better. The PS controllers are better for every game/genre where the dpad is used a lot. For every other genre, the xbox layout is far superior.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 kingtito

@hardwenzen said:
@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:
@vfighter said:

A Sony fan will never admit something being superior on another platform. Completely pointless to even ask the question. I am the only cow that admits that the asymmetrical layout is better. The PS controllers are better for every game/genre where the dpad is used a lot. For every other genre, the xbox layout is far superior.

I agree

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 VFighter

@hardwenzen: @kingtito: And you two knumbnuts aren't fanboying it up huh? Bwahahahaha. Oh God thanks for the laugh.

I've already said it plenty of times, all the modern controllers are damn good (minus the joy cons) and it really comes down to preference, so again 120 million vs 40 million...kinda easy to pick the preferred controller and layout. Outdated...weird my hands are symmetrical unless they're outdated and most hands are asymmetrical nowadays.

MaxxDiamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 MaxxDiamond
Member since 2020 • 172 Posts

@hardwenzen: There is a poll on IGN about best controller, and the DS4 controller gets the most votes, but if you total up the Xbox controllers in the poll versus the PS controllers, Xbox controllers win hands down. There is a reason that all the scuf/pro controllers are modeled after the Xbox controller, even the ones for PS4.

For me personally, no fanboy of either system. I have and will continue to purchase both Sony and Microsoft products, but the PS stick layout has always cramped my hands. The Xbox stick layout just feels better for me.

The new PS5 controller looks bigger, and I like that they have added haptics to the controller. Apparently in Demon Souls you can tell the difference of the material you are striking with the haptics, and also the direction of obstacles coming towards you. Sorry, but that sounds cool not matter who tries to downplay it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 hardwenzen  Online

@vfighter said:

@hardwenzen: @kingtito: And you two knumbnuts aren't fanboying it up huh? Bwahahahaha. Oh God thanks for the laugh.

I've already said it plenty of times, all the modern controllers are damn good (minus the joy cons) and it really comes down to preference, so again 120 million vs 40 million...kinda easy to pick the preferred controller and layout. Outdated...weird my hands are symmetrical unless they're outdated and most hands are asymmetrical nowadays.

Imagine comparing your symmetrical hands to the comfort of a controller. Then, because that's not enough, we're comparing console sales to justify your layout preference.

Not fanboy at all btw.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 hardwenzen  Online

@maxxdiamond said:

@hardwenzen: There is a poll on IGN about best controller, and the DS4 controller gets the most votes, but if you total up the Xbox controllers in the poll versus the PS controllers, Xbox controllers win hands down. There is a reason that all the scuf/pro controllers are modeled after the Xbox controller, even the ones for PS4.

For me personally, no fanboy of either system. I have and will continue to purchase both Sony and Microsoft products, but the PS stick layout has always cramped my hands. The Xbox stick layout just feels better for me.

The new PS5 controller looks bigger, and I like that they have added haptics to the controller. Apparently in Demon Souls you can tell the difference of the material you are striking with the haptics, and also the direction of obstacles coming towards you. Sorry, but that sounds cool not matter who tries to downplay it.

This is precisely what i said. If fanboy voting is a thing, the ps layout will win because there are much more ps fans and they will never in their life admit that its competition does certain things better. And what's better than IGN to have a sea of cows all automatically voting for their console's controller. These polls are pointless.

You make a poll on reddit, and somehow make it so fanboy voting isn't a thing, and i'd be ready to bet money the ps layout will get destroyed to something like 65% to 35%.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 kingtito

@vfighter said:

Nope, if the PS controller had a better layout then I'd say it. For almost every genre an asymmetrical layout is more natural and superior. When Sony designed their layout the D-Pad was main focus. When they added the analog sticks the focus was still on the D-pad. They never progressed in that regard so yeah that's my opinion and not based on which company made it.

That's just an asinine statement and factual incorrect. People prefer the PS for the games since the PS1. It has nothing to do with the controller layout. You're just fanboying but what else would anyone expect from you

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Zero_epyon

@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:
@vfighter said:

I'm not saying it is or isn't superior. My question is, you expect Sony to change what they're consumers are used to so why don't you expect the same from MS? They've had basically the same controller since 2001 using the same AA batteries and the same junk d-pad(improved on the Xbox One controller admittedly).

Why haven't they switched to rechargeable internal batteries and created a much better d-pad? It's old tech and old d-pad design from 2001 with little to no improvement.

Anyway, symmetrical stick enjoyment is subjective. It depends on the person. Some people are fine with it and some are not. And vfighter's post just pointed that out. 120 million people seem to be ok with the controller or think it's not that big of a deal and can buy third part controllers if they do.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Zero_epyon
@hardwenzen said:
@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:
@vfighter said:

Not this guy. I actually like the Xbox One controller. I use it on my PC over my PS4 controllers when I play with one. You are certainly not the only Sony fan that likes the Xbox One controller lol.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#143  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Symmetrical hand placement for the given game is more important for ergonomics than symmetrical or asymmetrical layout. A PS4 controller is more ergonomic for FPS titles than an Xbox One controller, and an Xbox One controller is more ergonomic for games that use only the left analog stick with face buttons, like driving games. To say one is better over the other is just ridiculous fanboyism. If the right thumb has no issue using the right stick which is the most important stick for games that require aiming, then an analog stick to move your character placed in the same position isn't going to suddenly make it uncomfortable.

The most ergonomic layout for an FPS title or a title with a dynamic analog camera like third person games would actually be both thumbsticks in the higher positions which are the most ideal as the sticks would be positioned under a more neutral thumb orientation by default. The Wii-U pro controller did this but they should have also swapped the face buttons around so the B and Y would remain closest to the thumb. With many controllers offering back buttons for jumping and reloading though, that becomes entirely moot.

But, gyro aim is WAY better than thumbstick aiming anyway, something Xbox doesn't even have available to it, but the other two consoles do. Nintendo and Sony have had motion controls since the late 2000s.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Pedro  Online

@BassMan: Wikipedia mentioned a device with analog stick from Nintendo prior to the 64.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 VFighter

@Pedro: What system was it for? I've never heard of it, not doubting you just curious what it is

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#146  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

People shilling asymmetrical analogs are delusional for the simple reason that the data speak for themselves: some people prefer how symmetrical feels, therefore it's a subjective matter and you can't "correct" someone to like how asymmetrical analog position feels more. You seriously think after decades of gaming and owning basically every configuration under the sun that I have to be a Sony shill to prefer symmetrical? The analog placement (and shit dpad) are my only real complaints with my X1 controller. Nobody is going to change the way these things actually feel in my hands by banging on a keyboard about the 360

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 kingtito

@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:

I'm not saying it is or isn't superior. My question is, you expect Sony to change what they're consumers are used to so why don't you expect the same from MS? They've had basically the same controller since 2001 using the same AA batteries and the same junk d-pad(improved on the Xbox One controller admittedly).

Why haven't they switched to rechargeable internal batteries and created a much better d-pad? It's old tech and old d-pad design from 2001 with little to no improvement.

Anyway, symmetrical stick enjoyment is subjective. It depends on the person. Some people are fine with it and some are not. And vfighter's post just pointed that out. 120 million people seem to be ok with the controller or think it's not that big of a deal and can buy third part controllers if they do.

Because MSs layout is designed around the games and genres we play today while Sony's design isn't. I'm currently playing TLOU2 and before that I just completed Resident Evil 2 & 3 remakes on the Xbox. I'm reminded how much I prefer the layout of the Xbox controller and how much more natural it feels. I'm not talking about features of either controller, just the layout.

Yes the D-pad isn't great but I honestly aside from fighting games the D-pad has been used as a way or switching weapons or bringing up other options in games and not uses as a primary form of control. The AA batteries aren't out dated and in fact I prefer having that option compared to having no option. In the midst of playing TLOU2 I've had to actually stop playing because my battery died and my charger isn't near me. A minor annoyance but an annoyance non the less. Still, options>>>>>>none

Because an internal battery doesn't make the controller better. Not sure how you think it does. Once again, having options>>>>>>>>no options

120M people don't have a choice. They didn't purchase PS consoles because of the controller.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Zero_epyon

@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:

Because MSs layout is designed around the games and genres we play today while Sony's design isn't. I'm currently playing TLOU2 and before that I just completed Resident Evil 2 & 3 remakes on the Xbox. I'm reminded how much I prefer the layout of the Xbox controller and how much more natural it feels. I'm not talking about features of either controller, just the layout.

Yes the D-pad isn't great but I honestly aside from fighting games the D-pad has been used as a way or switching weapons or bringing up other options in games and not uses as a primary form of control. The AA batteries aren't out dated and in fact I prefer having that option compared to having no option. In the midst of playing TLOU2 I've had to actually stop playing because my battery died and my charger isn't near me. A minor annoyance but an annoyance non the less. Still, options>>>>>>none

Because an internal battery doesn't make the controller better. Not sure how you think it does. Once again, having options>>>>>>>>no options

120M people don't have a choice. They didn't purchase PS consoles because of the controller.

You missed my point.

The comfort of the controller's layout is subjective. Enough people are comfortable with the layout that Sony hasn't bothered changing it. Instead, they've improved the controller in other ways that improve the user experience, some good improvements (like pressure sensitive buttons, a well functioning d-pad, and the new haptic and adaptive triggers) and some not so great (touchpad, lightbar, 6-axis).

When you say MS gives you choice, what it really means is MS creates a situation where you need to buy a proprietary piece of equipment. They don't use internal battery packs like every other modern controller because they want to sell you recharchable battery packs. They make the d-pad so-so in order to sell you an elite controller that has a better functioning one.

I'm not saying you should like the PS controllers over the Xbox controllers. I'm saying that the PS controllers aren't some poorly designed peripheral that PS payers hate but have no choice in using. It's not that serious.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Pedro  Online

@vfighter said:

@Pedro: What system was it for? I've never heard of it, not doubting you just curious what it is

I don't blame for doubting because I didn't know this controller exist either.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 kingtito

@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:

You missed my point.

The comfort of the controller's layout is subjective. Enough people are comfortable with the layout that Sony hasn't bothered changing it. Instead, they've improved the controller in other ways that improve the user experience, some good improvements (like pressure sensitive buttons, a well functioning d-pad, and the new haptic and adaptive triggers) and some not so great (touchpad, lightbar, 6-axis).

When you say MS gives you choice, what it really means is MS creates a situation where you need to buy a proprietary piece of equipment. They don't use internal battery packs like every other modern controller because they want to sell you recharchable battery packs. They make the d-pad so-so in order to sell you an elite controller that has a better functioning one.

I'm not saying you should like the PS controllers over the Xbox controllers. I'm saying that the PS controllers aren't some poorly designed peripheral that PS payers hate but have no choice in using. It's not that serious.

Yes, I agree. My views are just my opinion and what I prefer. I'm not trying to say it's the same for everyone.

Again, I can agree with that statement. I like my both controllers I just believe the asymmetrical layout is superior. IMO of course.

No it doesn't. I have a choice of using reg AA, rechargeable AA or MSs rechargeable. I don't have to buy any proprietary equipment. I purchased a large pack of Eneloop AA batteries that I use for all my controllers and I couldn't be happier. It's a better option IMO than having a built in rechargeable that eventually dies out and doesn't last very long on a charge. None of my everyday controllers have an internal battery so I have no idea what you think a modern controller is.

And I'm not saying the PS controllers that either. I'm saying the stick layout is outdated and yes it's my opinion and in no way am I speaking for everyone. Like I said, I like both controllers and I'm looking forward to using the PS5s.