So far 343's second attempt at MCC has been embarrassing and disgraceful(PC)

• 67 results
lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

How many chances does 343 want from us? They have single-handedly DESTROYED the Halo community. First with Halo 4, then again with MCC(Xbox), and if you think Halo 5 wasn't the official coffin....then it's definitely with their most recent re-attempt at MCC. Halo Infinite might as well not release, there's no hype. No one is confident in 343 because they haven't given anyone good reason to be!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17799 Posts

Halo 4 is a good game and it was their first game. They have been going downhill ever since though. X1 generation was a disaster for them.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38726 Posts

If Infinite is on par with Halo 5🤣, i say MS should sell 343i to Stadia and a proper team that understands halo

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

Meh. I enjoy Halo 4 and 5 and am satisfied with The Master Chief Collection on the Xbox One so I’m confident that they’ll deliver the goods with Halo Infinite.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

343 still needs to do better cause Halo 4 campaign was legit but MP was lacking and Halo 5 was a disaster of a campaign but MP at least they got that right but not having split-screen was an insult to the series.

I'm still hype for Halo: Infinite only because split-screen is coming back!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

I have Halo MCC for PC, but my Bro and I are waiting for the full 1-3 release. That being said, how did they **** this up again?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

I'm sure bungie could spare a team or 2 for next Halo, they are swimming on money with Destiny 2.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

It's mind boggling how bad MS have fucked up Halo this gen.

I'm not talking opinion based "It'd have been better if they did this or that with the story", I mean factual "This shit is so broken the game won't start or load games properly or let me join my friends or ping my proper achievements".

I loaded up MCC on PC and it automatically had my XBone save! That was impressive! But the rest? Actually PLAYING it? Not so much.

I don't like it, but I understand when AAA games launch in a crappy state. But to stay in that crappy state the entire gen? When it's the flagship franchise of the console? Truly bizarre.

They fucked Gears as well.

At least Forza is still god tier.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

343 is no Bungie that's for sure.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@BassMan said:

Halo 4 is a good game

Except for the part that it has the worst multiplayer in the series, which is the most played part of Halo to begin with.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38726 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

343 is no Bungie that's for sure.

Current Bungie is no Bungie either.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

I think it's dumb that Reach is part of the MCC. I mean it's literally called "The Master Chief Collection" and Master Chief isn't even in Reach lmao. Microsoft should've ported MCC straight to PC from X1 with texture and resolution upgrade. This whole staggered release crap is just dumb.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Guy_Brohski said:

I think it's dumb that Reach is part of the MCC. I mean it's literally called "The Master Chief Collection" and Master Chief isn't even in Reach lmao. Microsoft should've ported MCC straight to PC from X1 with texture and resolution upgrade. This whole staggered release crap is just dumb.

Game would have released even more broken. Part of the issue is that MCC is a pain in the ass of a product to begin with, even after all the patches on the xbox one version, that game has that stench of busted around it.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lifelessablaze

@Guy_Brohski said:

Technically he is in Reach.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

The problem I see is that MS is stretching them too thin, I mean working on this while trying to make the next game to run on different platforms while using different assets etc, and still dealing with MCC issues.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lifelessablaze

@i_p_daily said:

The problem I see is that MS is stretching them too thin, I mean working on this while trying to make the next game to run on different platforms while using different assets etc, and still dealing with MCC issues.

bro 343 has over 600 employees. they're not some indie dev team.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#17 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@lifelessablaze: @Guy_Brohski:

Just finished the Reach campaign for the first time on MCC. I got a hilarious trophy for clicking zoom on the last scene when the Pillar of Autumn takes off. The zoom takes you to the Autumn's hanger where they're keeping the Master Chief in a cryo tube.

It said: "See, he IS in this game!"

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4362 Posts

@locopatho: true but for trails... awful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@lifelessablaze said:
@i_p_daily said:

bro 343 has over 600 employees. they're not some indie dev team.

And how many of those 600 are actual programmers? how many are artists, how many are musicians who do the musical score, how many work in the marketing positions etc, etc, etc. Lets not act like all 600 are programmers. And like I said they're working on 3 games* (* meaning MCC has multiple games within it) and has Halo 2, and more importantly working on Infinite for both the XB1 & SeX.

And 1 game alone, that being RDR2 had 3023 people work on that game and guess what it had numerous issues also, where's your thread on that???

Like I said I think MS has spread them thin, across too many games at once.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

Halo 2 is still relevant after 16 years. Its kind of odd to be bitching about this port on PC. I was always under the impression no one plays old games. 🤷‍♂️

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#21 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@lifelessablaze:

As for the topic, I'm honestly satisfied with the Master Chief Collection. For the most part. I'm still super baffled by how glitchy Halo CE Anniversary ended up. It played fine on the 360. Aside from that, they royally screwed single players by FORCING you to play online multiplayer in order to unlock armor pieces in Reach. Then after all the updates, 343i somehow made it so that it takes a ridiculously long time to load up the initial start menu. I mean, ROFLMAO!! The friggin menu for MCC BARELY works! It not only takes a long time to load but the sound even cuts off from time to time.

But yeah......I'm still having fun with it. I don't really bother with multiplayer though. But as far as single player goes, MCC is more enjoyable than even the Orange Box!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BassMan  Online

@jg4xchamp said:
@BassMan said:

Halo 4 is a good game

Except for the part that it has the worst multiplayer in the series, which is the most played part of Halo to begin with.

I have no interest in multiplayer for console FPS games. It is shit compared to PC. I only ever played Halo for the campaigns and co-op.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Let's act surprised.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BassMan  Online

@i_p_daily said:

Ruffian Games and Splash Damage are handling a large part of the PC versions. 343 is mostly focused on Halo Infinite.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#25 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Didn't Digital Foundry just did a video praising the port?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@BassMan: I'm pretty sure Bungie isn't working on Infinite.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BassMan  Online

@vfighter said:

@BassMan: I'm pretty sure Bungie isn't working on Infinite.

I meant 343 of course. LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:

Ruffian Games and Splash Damage are handling a large part of the PC versions. 343 is mostly focused on Halo Infinite.

So 343 are overseeing it, you might wanna let the OP know lol.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Lolol, well, this went well for ya eh......

Care to try again? lol :P

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

@mclarenmaster18 said:

To me, 343 Industries appears to have more experience on optimizing games for Xbox console than PC.

MCC definitely been the beacon of quality on xbox

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

They are fighting an uphill struggle porting 30fps console games to PC.

They should be making a pc version first, or alongside the console versions

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@mclarenmaster18 said:

To me, 343 Industries appears to have more experience on optimizing games for Xbox console than PC.

Except that it's probably been the most broken title on Xbox whereas it did OK on PC. Not great mind you but it wasn't the trainwreck it was on Xbox so nah.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Pedro: um, BC is constantly touted as a pro for PC. I think you're confusing PC gamers with some of the Cows

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@Pedro said:

Halo 2 is still relevant after 16 years. Its kind of odd to be bitching about this port on PC. I was always under the impression no one plays old games. 🤷‍♂️

You heard wrong, most gamers here do play old games hence BC on Xbox One was a big deal and I also play old games that I have already finish multiple times. Its probably the Cows saying they don't play old games because PS4 doesn't have BC to begin with unless we're talking about PS Now.

Even on PC, we have the ultimate BC.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7141 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Pedro said:

You heard wrong, most gamers here do play old games hence BC on Xbox One was a big deal and I also play old games that I have already finish multiple times. Its probably the Cows saying they don't play old games because PS4 doesn't have BC to begin with unless we're talking about PS Now.

Even on PC, we have the ultimate BC.

there still playing halo 2 because the online for halo 2 beats 3,4,5. if halo 5 online was better they still be playing that one because it's the latest. halo 2 online was is fun and was made when xbox cared about games instead a gamepass that there trying to release mediocre games just to fill there gamepass up.

fact is xbox use to make great games to compete with sony. now xbox does not care. I had a 360 because it had great games. will they change this gen i hope so. but xbox one was just relying to much on backwards and gamepass that sony just crippled there sales this gen.

every one said said xbox was the one who screwed up at launch but if they made there great games they use to make then the xbox one would of sold way more units.

look at ps3 they bombed when they revealed it with a 600 dollar price tag but they made great games so it ended up beating 360 in the end. if microsoft made great exclusives instead of backwards compatible it would of at least beat the switch in sales. backwards compatible is great and im glad sony is doing it this gen but its the least important part of any next gen console.

old 3d games i cant stomach any more and don't age well. only games i can play are old 2d snes games.

in the end i think xbox will do better this time around if the games they make are not just cartoony online games. not the reveal of the series x but the one before that was full of fortnite type graphics games. there was a bunch of gamepass fillers. if they keep going down this road they have already lost to sony.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gifford38

ow do you know why ps4 players don't care about old games? because we are playing ps 4 games. there is so many of them.

psvr alone has more AAA games than xbox this gen.

never mind there first party.

you guys are playing old games because third party games are not enough to keep you guys happy.

you guys are playing old games because xbox has not given you any new games. look at forza the only true game xbox still makes has been played to death. I still see some of my family playing it. but when they come over they want to try ps4 exclusives. games they cant play.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

@gifford38 said:

ow do you know why ps4 players don't care about old games? because we are playing ps 4 games. there is so many of them.

psvr alone has more AAA games than xbox this gen.

never mind there first party.

you guys are playing old games because third party games are not enough to keep you guys happy.

you guys are playing old games because xbox has not given you any new games. look at forza the only true game xbox still makes has been played to death. I still see some of my family playing it. but when they come over they want to try ps4 exclusives. games they cant play.

Mangy, you can drink a little of the stuff but only in moderation please..

lol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@xantufrog: @davillain-: Exhibit @gifford38 the newest Alt of the Sony fanny club.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#40 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

I think Halo's days are long past.

With Fortnite, PUBG, and COD, and an insane amount of other online games there's just too much competition for a mediocre game, which Halo has kind of become

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

I just don't understand why MS keep making Halo and Gears. The sales are dwindling and in no way near the numbers they used to have. It also seems to have lost its critical and fan acclaim.

Both did well when there weren't many multiplayer TPS/FPS on consoles. CoD first killed it and now there's no hope after Fortnite and PUBG.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

I just don't understand why MS keep making Halo and Gears. The sales are dwindling and in no way near the numbers they used to have. It also seems to have lost its critical and fan acclaim.

Both did well when there weren't many multiplayer TPS/FPS on consoles. CoD first killed it and now there's no hope after Fortnite and PUBG.

Fortnite and PUBG are far more casual, mainstream and worse than COD ever been. COD popuarity died. most of kids today are playing PUBG and fortnite.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gifford38

@Pedro said:

@xantufrog: @davillain-: Exhibit @gifford38 the newest Alt of the Sony fanny club.

no i gave a non fanboy comment. its you guys that is defending what there doing to the xbox brand. there is a reason they bought all those game studios at the end of this gen. because they seen exclusives do matter. fable was great but there was plenty of 360 games that i had to buy. mass effect one was awesome and liked it better than the rest because Microsoft was behind it. even original xbox i didn't have at the time but it also had games that i wish i got to play. i borrowed one to play fable one. even having a ps2 with great games i still wanted a xbox.

this gen there was no games that appealed to me that i had to have one and by the sales many other people felt the same way.

if i was a fanboy i would never praise xbox in any form even if it was last gen.

im no alt. im me and only me. I been gaming since nes. I was a turbo graphic fan and hated everything saga. until i matured and realized genisis had great game as well. I am a sony fan because they give the games i want. they have sense the ps1. but i like games more than systems so i like to get more than one system. this is the first gen i only had one system.

not because im a fan of one company but im going to defend the company that has giving me reasons to.

once you see xbox coming out with these first party games that have AAA all over them i will be on your side defending xbox from fanboy comments that don't make sense. like if a great game is being down played by a fan because its not on there system i will defend that game. reason i defend sony games when you xbox fans call every exclusive a movie game. even ones that has over 50 hours of gameplay you guys call it a movie game. does not make since because i never would watch a movie for 50 hours.

my ssd comments was to get a better understand of it and i was going by what mark was saying to make since of it all. are they hyping the ssd yes they are but in the end is i going to be as much as a impact that there saying it has we will find out when they reveal the rest.

but if i see sony in any way was to go xbox root and getting rid of most of there first party like they did in the end of last gen. I will abandon ship and go else were that are making exclusives. exclusives to me are AAA polished games that wow me to get that system. third party to me is the least important because i don't need that system to play them.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Fortnite and PUBG are far more casual, mainstream and worse than COD ever been. COD popuarity died. most of kids today are playing PUBG and fortnite.

No it's not. COD sales are up. COD Modern Warfare outsold the last 2 games that came before it.

Quit living in your bubble.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

No it's not. COD sales are up. COD Modern Warfare outsold the last 2 games that came before it.

Quit living in your bubble.

2009 was COD peak. now kids are all on PUBG. thats my point.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gifford38
@Star67 said:

I think Halo's days are long past.

With Fortnite, PUBG, and COD, and an insane amount of other online games there's just too much competition for a mediocre game, which Halo has kind of become

i know its sad. I tried fortnite for the first time a few weeks back yuck. plus my first play i landed and had no guns but the guy that landed next to me did. how is that fear at all lol. this is why i like uncharted 2 or warhawk online because every one started with the same gun and had to find better guns hense why i hate the 3rd one because everyone would start off with a sniper and just sniped you as your being re-spawned. it killed the balance of these games.

halo i never got into but seen why people liked it. I don't understand how any one would like fortnite.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pedro

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:

no i gave a non fanboy comment. its you guys that is defending what there doing to the xbox brand. there is a reason they bought all those game studios at the end of this gen. because they seen exclusives do matter. fable was great but there was plenty of 360 games that i had to buy. mass effect one was awesome and liked it better than the rest because Microsoft was behind it. even original xbox i didn't have at the time but it also had games that i wish i got to play. i borrowed one to play fable one. even having a ps2 with great games i still wanted a xbox.

this gen there was no games that appealed to me that i had to have one and by the sales many other people felt the same way.

if i was a fanboy i would never praise xbox in any form even if it was last gen.

im no alt. im me and only me. I been gaming since nes. I was a turbo graphic fan and hated everything saga. until i matured and realized genisis had great game as well. I am a sony fan because they give the games i want. they have sense the ps1. but i like games more than systems so i like to get more than one system. this is the first gen i only had one system.

not because im a fan of one company but im going to defend the company that has giving me reasons to.

once you see xbox coming out with these first party games that have AAA all over them i will be on your side defending xbox from fanboy comments that don't make sense. like if a great game is being down played by a fan because its not on there system i will defend that game. reason i defend sony games when you xbox fans call every exclusive a movie game. even ones that has over 50 hours of gameplay you guys call it a movie game. does not make since because i never would watch a movie for 50 hours.

my ssd comments was to get a better understand of it and i was going by what mark was saying to make since of it all. are they hyping the ssd yes they are but in the end is i going to be as much as a impact that there saying it has we will find out when they reveal the rest.

but if i see sony in any way was to go xbox root and getting rid of most of there first party like they did in the end of last gen. I will abandon ship and go else were that are making exclusives. exclusives to me are AAA polished games that wow me to get that system. third party to me is the least important because i don't need that system to play them.

You do know we are talking about playing old games and that the claim that gamers don't play old games is a Sony fanny thing? Why you decided to share your life story in relation that context is beyond me.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

@gifford38: good lord man, learn the difference between their, they're and there!

on topic i haven't enjoyed a halo game since bungie handed over the series

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:

You do know we are talking about playing old games and that the claim that gamers don't play old games is a Sony fanny thing? Why you decided to share your life story in relation that context is beyond me.

because the other guy said something about ps 4 fans. so i defended sony saying they don't need it because there is plenty of games to play that we don't need it at all. heck i still have a ways to go if i wanted to play every game that appeals to me on the ps4 that i don't have time to play before next gen.

thats the reason why ps4 fans say backwards compatible is not needed. look i want new games and sony gives me that and so does third party. xbox needs to give me new games to get one. will i play fable one on the series x if they do yes i will lol. but that is not the reason why i will get one. but already im some what interested is the medium. will it be time exclusive maybe but we don't no. but once i see more of the game only because its a new ip and its not going to be on ps5 then i will get one.

once they reveal fable i will say im getting a series x any ways.

you also didnt see me down play halo like the other fans are doing. i didnt like it because i had something wrong with my eyes and fps got me sick to my stomach. now i got that fixed i can play fps in vr to and starting to play more of them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

because the other guy said something about ps 4 fans. so i defended sony saying they don't need it because there is plenty of games to play that we don't need it at all. heck i still have a ways to go if i wanted to play every game that appeals to me on the ps4 that i don't have time to play before next gen.

thats the reason why ps4 fans say backwards compatible is not needed. look i want new games and sony gives me that and so does third party. xbox needs to give me new games to get one. will i play fable one on the series x if they do yes i will lol. but that is not the reason why i will get one. but already im some what interested is the medium. will it be time exclusive maybe but we don't no. but once i see more of the game only because its a new ip and its not going to be on ps5 then i will get one.

once they reveal fable i will say im getting a series x any ways.

you also didnt see me down play halo like the other fans are doing. i didnt like it because i had something wrong with my eyes and fps got me sick to my stomach. now i got that fixed i can play fps in vr to and starting to play more of them.

You say BC is not needed but its requested for the PS5. Isn't that a bit strange? Lets not pretend that the Xbox doesn't have new games. The more correct thing to state is that the games don't appeal to you but to claim it doesn't have new games is objectively false. Also if playing old games were so inconsequential PSNow would not be sporting millions of users. The reality is BC matters but not as much as price. Price is the largest driving factor when it comes to console sales, everything is second to it.

All of this has nothing to do with OP.