so crysis 2 looks better on ps3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

developers say cryengine performs better on the ps3, so I am hopping it will. Besides, for dragon age fans its out now, I tried iton both consoles and I got to say textures look better on the xbox while the game run faster on the ps3. I prefer games when they run fast rather than high texture so I am getting both games on the p3 ( thumbs up)

I don't have to show the link so stop asking for it you can search on google, type crysis 2 xbox vs ps3

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
I'm not searching on google to back up your points but I'm pretty sure what they actually said was at one point it was then the 360 team would one up them and so on.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
Not true since the PS3 version is lower res. Have fun though.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Doubtful.
SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
PC > PS3 = 360
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

developers say cryengine performs better on the ps3, so I am hopping it will. Besides, for dragon age fans its out now, I tried iton both consoles and I got to say textures look better on the xbox while the game run faster on the ps3. I prefer games when they run fast rather than high texture so I am getting both games on the p3 ( thumbs up)

I don't have to show the link so stop asking for it you can search on google, type crysis 2 xbox vs ps3

fgjnfgh

It was already proven in other threads that they said that at the begining. Then as time passed they actually started making comments about how different the PS3 was and that they were having some difficulties until they never mentioned the PS3 version ever again until recently. I wouldn't be surprised if both are basically the same or even if the PS3 one is slightly worse.

TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

Comparing multiplats is the silliest thing "PS3 has better lighting!!" "The eyes in 360 have a darker shade!"

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

Comparing multiplats is the silliest thing "PS3 has better lighting!!" "The eyes in 360 have a darker shade!"

TheEpicGoat
Love it when they start comparing leaves from tree's
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts
Not true since the PS3 version is lower res. Have fun though.percech
Lower res = worse graphics now ? Please...
coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

The PS3 version will have more blur to cover up the jaggies and the 360 will be slightly more detailed(barely noticable unless you look really really close at a screenshot)

At the end of the day, the both look the same.

Pikdum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pikdum
Member since 2010 • 2244 Posts

Played the 360 demo, haven't seen it on PS3 yet though i'll probably buy it for it.

rawr89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rawr89
Member since 2010 • 1746 Posts

Not true since the PS3 version is lower res. Have fun though.percech

both run at 1152 x 720.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"]Not true since the PS3 version is lower res. Have fun though.rawr89

both run at 1152 x 720.

\ no, the ps3 runs at a lower resolution
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17451 Posts
[QUOTE="percech"]Not true since the PS3 version is lower res. Have fun though.Mozelleple112

lol, what? Wasnt that the main argument against Alan Wake?
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts

[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"][QUOTE="percech"]Not true since the PS3 version is lower res. Have fun though.navyguy21

Pretty much. System wars spends so much time discussing resolution and now we want to turn a blind eye when it's convient.

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts
We all know it will look worse on PS3, not that I'm bothered in the slightest. Judging from the 360 beta it's an awful console port.
Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shake_McGee
Member since 2011 • 58 Posts

TheEpicGoat
Basically how I look at it. Unless there's noticeable inferiority, it's pointless.
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
What's up with people not understanding the difference between "looking" and "performing"?
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"][QUOTE="percech"]Not true since the PS3 version is lower res. Have fun though.navyguy21

Which was the main argument against MGS4...?
Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vadamee
Member since 2009 • 1195 Posts

TheEpicGoat
Its no worse than comparing Gears of War(third-person shooter) to Uncharted(third-person action adventure). Two completely different games across two completely different platforms, so how can you draw any conclusions about which system is inferior/superior. You people compare them as if you have examples of each respective game on different platforms. At least this time you're comparing the same game on the same engine unlike the thousands of other times.
vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEpicGoat"]

Vadamee

Its no worse than comparing Gears of War(third-person shooter) to Uncharted(third-person action adventure). Two completely different games across two completely different platforms, so how can you draw any conclusions about which system is inferior/superior. You people compare them as if you have examples of each respective game on different platforms. At least this time you're comparing the same game on the same engine unlike the thousands of other times.

Yes but you see that doesnt always go the right way for a certain larger group here most of the time. What they like to do is compare games with dedicated engines to ones that do not.:)

DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts

fgjnfgh

Now I have no way to proves this, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say you would get both those games on PS3 regardless of which ones performed better.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

[QUOTE="fgjnfgh"]

DireOwl

Now I have no way to proves this, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say you would get both those games on PS3 regardless of which ones performed better.

Dragon age 2 indeed was faster on the ps3 probably because of higher frame rate? as I said I like games that run fast and no dropping in frame rate. So I hope this happenes with crysis 2 as well because DA isn't the first game that run faster on ps3, there were others

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
Crysis 2 on consoles looks like crap. I'm sorry, but all of this arguing over which version looks better is getting ridiculous. Can we all agree that they both look terribad and that PC is the only way to go? I'm sorry but this whole thing is just stupid and arguing over multiplat games doesn't prove anything.
gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts
That engineer from Crytek has already confirmed both consoles run at 1152 x 720, so both are sub hd regardless. There's no glory to be had for crysis 2 console version now, maybe folks should wait for BF3 console versions.
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

We'll seen when the game comes out, not that it really matters. You're going to buy it and play it on your prefered console. What does it matter really?

dethroned3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dethroned3
Member since 2007 • 1104 Posts

[QUOTE="rawr89"]

[QUOTE="percech"]Not true since the PS3 version is lower res. Have fun though.aia89

both run at 1152 x 720.

\ no, the ps3 runs at a lower resolution

actually,both run at 1152 x 720 as stated by one of the engineers

Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Vadamee
Member since 2009 • 1195 Posts

[QUOTE="Vadamee"][QUOTE="TheEpicGoat"]

vaderhater

Yes but you see that doesnt always go the right way for a certain larger group here most of the time. What they like to do is compare games with dedicated engines to ones that do not.:)

Indeed, but this is still a far more valid comparison as opposed to comparing Halo Reach to Killzone 2/3 using two different engines on two different platforms ignoring the fact that Bungie takes a sandbox approach to developing their FPS whereas Killzone is more corridor in style. I bet you could fit Killzone 2 inside of one of Halo 3's levels.