So are FPS "in" now? (It must be the end of the world.)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

When Halo was crowned the king of Console FPS, Dissenters we're sipping the hateorade for years, but with most impressive CoD4, the visual Crysis and a sequel to a mediocre last gen FPS, (but this time with great animation and blood) FPS is all we're talking about now.

There was always "too many FPS" and "its why the xbox failed"but nowthe 360 has RPGs from the best in the industry and the most variety than any other NG console, yet this genreof shooters alone will save the PS3?

subject117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 subject117
Member since 2002 • 4824 Posts

When Halo was crowned the king of Console FPS, Dissenters we're sipping the hateorade for years, but with most impressive CoD4, the visual Crysis and a sequel to a mediocre last gen FPS, (but this time with great animation and blood) FPS is all we're talking about now.

There was always "too many FPS" and "its why the xbox failed"but nowthe 360 has RPGs from the best in the industry and the most variety than any other NG console, yet this genreof shooters alone will save the PS3?

Blue-Sky

Don't forget about MGS4, FFXIII, and FF Versus XIII

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
I've noticed that too and it's very lame.
Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts
I don't think that FPS alone will save the Ps3 but it certainly would help to have a FPS that is possible to pick up and play that ,say a halo had. Killzone 2 looks pretty and looks promising for the PS3 , but if it is to complex and gameplay is choppy it won't suceed no matter how good it looks
useLOGIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 useLOGIC
Member since 2006 • 2802 Posts

Blue-Sky

ps3 has no variety? exsqueeze me?

white night story - rpg

ffxiii/vrs - rpg

mgs4 - stealth

uncharted - combat/exploration/story driven

heavenly sword - combat/story driven

gt5 - racers

kz2 - fps

haze - fps

ut3 - fps

... i could go on ...

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Yeah, at this rate every genre will die but shooters.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

useLOGIC

Ok Jar-Jar...:P

WoMbAmOmBa99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 WoMbAmOmBa99
Member since 2003 • 1823 Posts
[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

useLOGIC

white night story - rpg

ffxiii/vrs - rpg

mgs4 - stealth

uncharted - combat/exploration/story driven

heavenly sword - combat/story driven

gt5 - racers

kz2 - fps

haze - fps

ut3 - fps

... i could go on ...

He's not saying that the PS3 has no variety. He's saying that the Xbox has been criticized for "only having FPSes," when now Sony fanboys are saying that KZ2, Haze, and UT3 are going to pull them ahead this generation.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts
Kinda like how "HD" is the cool thing now even though its been around for over a decade...
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts
Nothing will save the PS3 ... muaaahahahahaha!!!!
Jibil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jibil
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
Shooters are tailored for online and consistently deliveraction-packed matches. Racers can leave players behind and become one dimensional, mmorpgs are not my cup of teas; and thats it, what else is their?: sports games are mostly1 on 1, action games are single player or co-op, online gaming is here to stay and so are shooters; ps3 better get on board.
WOWZORS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WOWZORS
Member since 2004 • 484 Posts
If your trying to get smart ass it's not working the statement made by the TC is basically declining the thought that society's perception of different genre's hasn't changed, then please do explain how the Wii is selling.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
As generations go on, kids get stupider, and since kids these days are so technically-savvy and blood-thirsty punks, and are the main type of people that play video games, game-makers will make FPS games to satisfy these baby-gamer's needs.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts
I happily embrace the FPS genre, it's by far my favorite.
Dr_Neptune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Dr_Neptune
Member since 2007 • 510 Posts
i love first person shooters, if the PS3 gets enough good ones i might well buy one.
liljio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#16 liljio14
Member since 2007 • 2193 Posts

i'm not a big fan of fps cuz they get old in my opinion cause there the same as others shooters and they dont add anything new