So 720 focuses on the next generation of motion sensing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

quickposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 quickposter
Member since 2010 • 1735 Posts

But lemmings claimed this would be a "hardcore" console. Yet here Microsoft is throwing Kinect at every studio that will take it. LOL lemmings you laugh at Nintendo and say Wii U is a gimmick but because Microsoft say the future of gaming is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC6P_fpv8Xc

2:23 - 2:48 you accept it.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
I don't think that you understand what Microsoft's ultimate goal is. Kinect is another step to complete gaming immersion, with 360 degree 3D worlds being the ultimate goal. And Kinect 2.0 is far better than Kinect. Kinect 2.0 is even currently being adapted for motion capture in movie development. But Microsoft needed to get Kinect in the hands of developers at the end of the 360 life cycle so they could figure out clever ways to use it properly.. The 720 is going to be capable of 3D gaming (although not 360 degree 3D gaming unless they start selling a 3D Visor), you'll have the option to use either the dual analog controller or your body as a controller, and the augmented reality glasses are going to display HUD information, which would be perfect for 360 degree 3D gaming environments using screens or projectors instead of 3D visors. If you don't want to be able to actually throw your pass to receivers in football games, then just use the controller. I doubt that they're going to force people to switch from controllers to body tracking, but I can't wait for the version of Kinect that actually works well in sports games...
quickposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 quickposter

But CVG say Microsoft is pushing Kinect heavily next gen. Saying you have a controller as an option is like saying I can play Blackops 2 with the pro controller.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 superclocked

But CVG say Microsoft is pushing Kinect heavily next gen. Saying you have a controller as an option is like saying I can play Blackops 2 with the pro controller.

quickposter
So you think that you aren't going to have the option to use a controller next gen?
quickposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 quickposter

So you think that you aren't going to have the option to use a controller next gen?superclocked

No. I mean they will force it in wherever possible. It happens with every system. Look at some Vita games and how they use the touch pad. Difference is touch works with core gamers whereas this won't. Kinect has actually been criticized as the most casual of the three because it doesn't have buttons and can't go down well with real games.

You also have to note that they will push Kinect Sports and party games above true core games. Which is what they are currently doing with Rare.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
If you want a mature gaming experience, I think it's about time you invest in a nice gaming PC.
V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

unlike nintendo, ms isn't forcing anyone into kinect. yes next box will come with kinect pre installed but that's only good thing, instaed of buying it as a separate device... why? because devs now know that every single console has one installed so they can still focus on hardcore games and make some use of the kinect.. for example mass effect 3, while it kept the same gameplay core it used kinect as voice instructor for your party npc and you could also use its motions sensor for some melee attacks etc... still ME3 remained a hardcore game. as soon as we still get a pro controller to play games on and devs are still making same hardcore games I'm pretty happy with ms decision to include kinect. so next time come up with better accusations please.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Multiplats are the best games in general, so find whichever system you most enjoy playing them on and enjoy.

Personally I find the idea of PC gaming being more "mature" quite humorous

__

But on topic, Kinect is wasted on video games its uses are far greater in the real world than in any virtual one.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Multiplats are the best games on 360, so find whichever system you most enjoy playing them on and enjoy.

__

But on topic, Kinect is wasted on video games its uses are far greater in the real world than in any virtual one.

R3FURBISHED

Fixed. It doesnt work this way on Wii or PS3 though because they actually have exclusive games.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

If the rumors are true Sony might be developing a motion camera system of their own. I think it's foolish to assume Microsoft is going to be full out casual while Sony cranks out tons of core exclusives, if anything Sony's financial situation would make me believe otherwise.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

Multiplats are the best games on PC, so find whichever system you most enjoy playing them on and enjoy.

__

BlbecekBobecek

Fixed. It doesnt work this way on Wii or PS3 though because they actually have exclusive games.

fixed.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Multiplats are the best games in general, so find whichever system you most enjoy playing them on and enjoy.

__

R3FURBISHED

yes they are

quickposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 quickposter

If the rumors are true Sony might be developing a motion camera system of their own. I think it's foolish to assume Microsoft is going to be full out casual while Sony cranks out tons of core exclusives, if anything Sony's financial situation would make me believe otherwise.

Vari3ty

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind Sony will try something. Sony have the most to lose next go around because if PS4 fails the way they arfe losing money means they won't get another chance. BTW Sony make the worst exclusives.

V3rciS

Denial much? Kinect 2.0 will be bundled in the box so they will only push it harder then they currently are. Whenever they throw special controllers in they will always put resources to it or force it in to justify it. The difference is touch screen works and Kinect doesn't.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I don't think that you understand what Microsoft's ultimate goal is. Kinect is another step to complete gaming immersion, with 360 degree 3D worlds being the ultimate goal. And Kinect 2.0 is far better than Kinect. Kinect 2.0 is even currently being adapted for motion capture in movie development. But Microsoft needed to get Kinect in the hands of developers at the end of the 360 life cycle so they could figure out clever ways to use it properly.. The 720 is going to be capable of 3D gaming (although not 360 degree 3D gaming unless they start selling a 3D Visor), you'll have the option to use either the dual analog controller or your body as a controller, and the augmented reality glasses are going to display HUD information, which would be perfect for 360 degree 3D gaming environments using screens or projectors instead of 3D visors. If you don't want to be able to actually throw your pass to receivers in football games, then just use the controller. I doubt that they're going to force people to switch from controllers to body tracking, but I can't wait for the version of Kinect that actually works well in sports games...superclocked

waving your arms will never be the future of gaming. Only Americans fell for that... Gaming without feedback and precision it's not gaming. A racing game will always play better with a streering wheel no matter how much Kinect 2.0 could have evolved.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Vari3ty
There have been cameras on the PS since the PS2,this is what i hate about people there was a camera for games on PS2 before the xbox 360 was even launch. Kineckt is just a more advance eye toy.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind Sony will try something. Sony have the most to lose next go around because if PS4 fails the way they arfe losing money means they won't get another chance. BTW Sony make the worst exclusives.

V3rciS

Denial much? Kinect 2.0 will be bundled in the box so they will only push it harder then they currently are. Whenever they throw special controllers in they will always put resources to it or force it in to justify it. The difference is touch screen works and Kinect doesn't.

quickposter
If Kinect 2 is bundle with the 720 you can fully spec an average 720 hardware or an expensive console,if kinect 2 is build in then the 1.2 TF rumor is true..
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

ill say this much, if any consoles main feature is motion gaming, that i one console i will never invest money in.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Console market works differently that makes gimmicks; its target audience is the people who constantly want new things. They're casual gamers. PS4 is also likely to have gimmicks too.

I actually facepalmed when I watched the video in the OP. It clearly shows that motion sensing have no place in gaming, so Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo really should cut it back instead of pushing the gimmick forward.

If you want a sensible gaming platform without gimmicks, you should play on PC.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Console market works differently that makes gimmicks; its target audience is the people who constantly want new things. They're casual gamers. PS4 is also likely to have gimmicks too.

I actually facepalmed when I watched the video in the OP. It clearly shows that motion sensing have no place in gaming, so Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo really should cut it back instead of pushing the gimmick forward.

If you want a sensible gaming platform without gimmicks, you should play on PC.

GamerwillzPS
Target audience is the people who want new things? Lol no, Take a look at COD and you'll know what they want.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 superclocked

[QUOTE="superclocked"]I don't think that you understand what Microsoft's ultimate goal is. Kinect is another step to complete gaming immersion, with 360 degree 3D worlds being the ultimate goal. And Kinect 2.0 is far better than Kinect. Kinect 2.0 is even currently being adapted for motion capture in movie development. But Microsoft needed to get Kinect in the hands of developers at the end of the 360 life cycle so they could figure out clever ways to use it properly.. The 720 is going to be capable of 3D gaming (although not 360 degree 3D gaming unless they start selling a 3D Visor), you'll have the option to use either the dual analog controller or your body as a controller, and the augmented reality glasses are going to display HUD information, which would be perfect for 360 degree 3D gaming environments using screens or projectors instead of 3D visors. If you don't want to be able to actually throw your pass to receivers in football games, then just use the controller. I doubt that they're going to force people to switch from controllers to body tracking, but I can't wait for the version of Kinect that actually works well in sports games...Gue1

waving your arms will never be the future of gaming. Only Americans fell for that... Gaming without feedback and precision it's not gaming. A racing game will always play better with a streering wheel no matter how much Kinect 2.0 could have evolved.

When did I mention racing games? I only mentioned football games, which I have high hopes for with Kinect 2.0. Football didn't work well with the first Kinect.. But I'm really looking even further to the future, and I'm sure that Microsoft is too. Playing shooter games in 10 years or so using a gun prop with precision gyros and future kinect for motion capture combined with a 360 degree 3D environment using a 3D Visor should be very, very fun. I see Kinect 2.0 as a another step towards realistic gaming. And like I said, it's not like you're going to lose the ability to use a dual analog controller...
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44018 Posts

Traditional and motion sensing gaming being offered but as usual in SW, Options = Bad. :? :P

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#22 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Nextbox will be strong, but with their focus mostly on kinect it will be fail. Also M$ cant compare with with the tons of exclusives sony making. Still i think nextbox will do good only in the US. I'm sure next gen COD can still be played with a controller lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Nextbox will be strong, but with their focus mostly on kinect it will be fail. Also M$ cant compare with with the tons of exclusives sony making. Still i think nextbox will do good only in the US. I'm sure next gen COD can still be played with a controller lol

KillzoneSnake
You mean handful of exclusives that are a mixed bag and barely sell a million GO SONY.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts
Kinect(lol) 2.0 is on the way gaiz.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
As long as it's very much an option and not forced into games then cool.
j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts
As long as they still have games with lots of gun shooting, americans will still buy it
cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cryemocry
Member since 2013 • 590 Posts

darkmaster is dead only kinect lives.