SNES vs Genesis, or X360 vs PS3: which had stronger rivalry?

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll: SNES vs Genesis, or X360 vs PS3: which had stronger rivalry? (33 votes)

X360 vs PS3 39%
SNES vs Genesis 61%

SNES / Genesis era predates gamespot, but in terms of general gaming history knowledge, which pairing had the most rivalry? (i.e. SW rivalry like the one this forum is based on)

• 
onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 2990 Posts

Does this thread belong in the Legacy Systems forum?

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 12664 Posts

In my mind, the Nintendo vs Sega rivalry will never be topped.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 36002 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

In my mind, the Nintendo vs Sega rivalry will never be topped.

^

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 8671 Posts

Sega vs Nintendo was epic but at the end of the day, gamers were happy to play something they didn't have access too at a friend's.

During the PS3 vs 360 days it wasn't just the companies... the advent of the internet and forums such as these allowed gamers to become complete trash to one another. It was a truly disgusting era for gamer culture. Thus, I voted for this.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 898 Posts

@Telekill said:

Sega vs Nintendo was epic but at the end of the day, gamers were happy to play something they didn't have access too at a friend's.

During the PS3 vs 360 days it wasn't just the companies... the advent of the internet and forums such as these allowed gamers to become complete trash to one another. It was a truly disgusting era for gamer culture. Thus, I voted for this.

I remember all of us gathering at 1 house for the day and everyone bringing their systems. We'd play Street Fighter or Mario Kart on my SNES then switch to Keith's Genesis for some Xmen or PGA tour. Then we'd bust out Dalton's Turbografx 16 for some Splatterhouse and Bonk's Adventure. Nobody claimed their system was best or someone's system was trash. We just played games and enjoyed them. When we got bored of our own games, we switched systems for a few weeks for some variety.

The whole system wars mentality is for tools.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6533 Posts

Sega Genesis Versus Super Nintendo is my favorite Rivalry. But Xbox 360 Versus Playstation 3 was closer and more intense.

Both of my favorite consoles won Super NES against Sega Genesis and just barely PS3 beat Xbox 360.

Best generations for console system wars.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#7 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 36715 Posts

Snes/Super Famicom vs Genesis/Mega Drive by far.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 213

#8 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 13796 Posts

I don't think the Sega vs. Nintendo war will ever be topped. While Sega and Microsoft are multi-industry conglomerates that have other industries to support them, Sega and Nintendo were pure video game companies that only had video games to support them. This meant there was far more at stake for both companies in the Sega vs. Nintendo war. It was an "all or nothing" battle of attrition, where both companies were fighting for their survival.