Snake is also finishing his fight.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zeeerrr
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts

KOJIMA:

"Solid Snake's story is really going to end in MGS4," explained Kojima in the booklet. "Using cloning [as a plot device] was really cheating. I wouldn't be working on [MGS4] if I thought there was a sequel... I've said it numerous times, but Solid Snake fought against a lot of strong foes back on the MSX, so we should've started from scratch when we worked on the PlayStation. But we released it as a sequel, so we had to bring out even stronger enemies. As a result, we had to create an adversary with the same strength [as Snake] and we decided to go with a clone storyline, but that's where things got difficult."

"It's the concluding chapter, so we've even went around our own staff members to ask if they wanted anything answered," explained Kojima in the booklet. "It turns out that there's a lot."

Just thought I'd remind you guys with all "TEH HALOS" that Snakes waiting to finish his fight.

DarthMar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DarthMar
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts
Well.. this Snake will die... But there's like 15 now. And Raiden! lol
Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts
Snake has been in 4 mgs games... Metal gear,Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake,Metal Gear Solid,Metal Gear Solid 2... 2 other games he hasnt been in MEtal Gear Portable ops and Metal Gear Solid 3... he finished his fight long ago. What hes fighting that he has to fight? Liquid XD Raiden will finish teh fight with his puking skills from the new trailer and his high hell teh boots.
zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zeeerrr

Well.. this Snake will die... But there's like 15 now. And Raiden! lolDarthMar

I really hope all my questions are anwered in MGS4. There's so many.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts
Knowing Konami, MGS will probably continue in yearly handheld releases after the series stops being hot on consoles.
Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts

Snake has been in 4 mgs games... Metal gear,Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake,Metal Gear Solid,Metal Gear Solid 2... 2 other games he hasnt been in MEtal Gear Portable ops and Metal Gear Solid 3... he finished his fight long ago. What hes fighting that he has to fight? Liquid XD Raiden will finish teh fight with his puking skills from the new trailer and his high hell teh boots.Hitamaru-homia

Snake wasn't in MGS3. Not The same one anyway. And MGS's story is so much more epic than Halo'. Games qualty aside Snake Dying>>>>>>>>MC Dying(I haven't seen the ending so i don't know if he dies..i'm just saying).

zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zeeerrr

Knowing Konami, MGS will probably continue in yearly handheld releases after the series stops being hot on consoles.Panzer_Zwei

Snake's story is definately ending in MGS4. Everything has been building up to this game.

ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
Hopefully they continue making MGS games. They'll probably use Raiden as the main protaginist inthe future games.
MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts
Snake wont die.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Knowing Konami, MGS will probably continue in yearly handheld releases after the series stops being hot on consoles.zeeerrr

Snake's story is definately ending in MGS4. Everything has been building up to this game.

It doesn't matter really. Metal Gear Solid Gaiden games will probably still come out.
zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zeeerrr

Snake wont die. MGS9150

why do you think that? All the signs poin to his death. FOXDIE has screwed up his DNA and made him age faster so you know its taking effect. Snake's story can only go so far. I actually want his story to end to keep the quality of the MGS games intact. I don't like when stories drag on for too long. I say make way for some New IP's. maybe we'll even see something better from Kojima?

Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts

[QUOTE="Hitamaru-homia"]Snake has been in 4 mgs games... Metal gear,Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake,Metal Gear Solid,Metal Gear Solid 2... 2 other games he hasnt been in MEtal Gear Portable ops and Metal Gear Solid 3... he finished his fight long ago. What hes fighting that he has to fight? Liquid XD Raiden will finish teh fight with his puking skills from the new trailer and his high hell teh boots.Riviera_Phantom

Snake wasn't in MGS3. Not The same one anyway. And MGS's story is so much more epic than Halo'. Games qualty aside Snake Dying>>>>>>>>MC Dying(I haven't seen the ending so i don't know if he dies..i'm just saying).

ok where you get Master Cheif and halo from? I said he was in Metal Gear Solid 3. That was Big boss. Master Cheif hasnt died nor is he in Halo 3 seen the ending. Snake isnt going to die in MGS4. Kojima said he wanted them to turn themselves in as war crimanals and have them excuted.

zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zeeerrr
[QUOTE="zeeerrr"]

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Knowing Konami, MGS will probably continue in yearly handheld releases after the series stops being hot on consoles.Panzer_Zwei

It doesn't matter really. Metal Gear Solid Gaiden games will probably still come out.

yea thats definately a possibility, but in the interview with Kojima he clearly states that he will end Snake's story and cannot entrust this character to anyone else among his staff.

I just hope that if they do make another MGS it doesn't feel like a rehash becuase I actually agree with the idea of ending the Metal Ger Solid series with this game.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
I'm betting that snake dies at the end.
zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zeeerrr

I'm betting that snake dies at the end.II-FBIsniper-II

yup. its sucks but its happening.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts

[QUOTE="Hitamaru-homia"]Snake has been in 4 mgs games... Metal gear,Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake,Metal Gear Solid,Metal Gear Solid 2... 2 other games he hasnt been in MEtal Gear Portable ops and Metal Gear Solid 3... he finished his fight long ago. What hes fighting that he has to fight? Liquid XD Raiden will finish teh fight with his puking skills from the new trailer and his high hell teh boots.Riviera_Phantom

Metal Gear more epic then Halo???

Snake battles to stop metal gears which could potentially destroy the earth

MC battles to stop Halos which could potentially destroy the universe

There is no question which is more epic.

jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jackvegas21
Member since 2007 • 3157 Posts

I just hope Raiden dies too

Yongying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Yongying
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

Snake is getting too old, i still think they could milk some more out of him though like a racing game wheelchair style.

zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zeeerrr
[QUOTE="Riviera_Phantom"]

[QUOTE="Hitamaru-homia"]Snake has been in 4 mgs games... Metal gear,Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake,Metal Gear Solid,Metal Gear Solid 2... 2 other games he hasnt been in MEtal Gear Portable ops and Metal Gear Solid 3... he finished his fight long ago. What hes fighting that he has to fight? Liquid XD Raiden will finish teh fight with his puking skills from the new trailer and his high hell teh boots.L1qu1dSword

I think he means a lot more interesting. either way, I guess you can say Halo's story is more epic becuase the universe is at stake. THis isn't to say that Snake's story isn't filled with twists, turns, exictement, and amazing storytelling.

DarthMar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DarthMar
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts

I just hope Raiden dies too

jackvegas21

LOL.

What about that Young Snake?

redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts

Kojima will finally focus on new title(s). Cool.

Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Crunchman
Member since 2003 • 9316 Posts
A fight for him is going from the bedroom to the bathroom.
zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 zeeerrr

Snake is getting too old, i still think they could milk some more out of him though like a racing game wheelchair style.

Yongying

lol. WTF?

but seriously MGS4 is gonna be awesome and I agree that Snake's story should end with this game.

Avatar image for realmadrid4lyfe
realmadrid4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 realmadrid4lyfe
Member since 2005 • 848 Posts

[QUOTE="DarthMar"]Well.. this Snake will die... But there's like 15 now. And Raiden! lolzeeerrr

But the biggest question has to be who the hell are the patriots and do they even exist.

MrEpyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 MrEpyx
Member since 2007 • 716 Posts
metal gear what? never heard of it.
zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 zeeerrr
[QUOTE="zeeerrr"]

[QUOTE="DarthMar"]Well.. this Snake will die... But there's like 15 now. And Raiden! lolrealmadrid4lyfe

But the biggest question has to be who the hell are the patriots and do they even exist.

THey have supposedly ben around for hundreds of years.

LOL washington and his brainwashing of the public.

Taylor9124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27 Taylor9124
Member since 2006 • 668 Posts

I better see some midnight launches for this, cause im staying home the day this comes out. master chief finished his fight, now let snake finish his. does anyone think this game will be as or almost as big as halo 3? (people standing in line and midnight launch wise) i think itll be pretty close.

realmadrid4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 realmadrid4lyfe
[QUOTE="realmadrid4lyfe"][QUOTE="zeeerrr"]

[QUOTE="DarthMar"]Well.. this Snake will die... But there's like 15 now. And Raiden! lolzeeerrr

yes i know but it is still unknown.

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts
And I'm sure it will be a sad finish for us long-term Metal Gear fans. :(
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts
[QUOTE="Riviera_Phantom"]

[QUOTE="Hitamaru-homia"]Snake has been in 4 mgs games... Metal gear,Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake,Metal Gear Solid,Metal Gear Solid 2... 2 other games he hasnt been in MEtal Gear Portable ops and Metal Gear Solid 3... he finished his fight long ago. What hes fighting that he has to fight? Liquid XD Raiden will finish teh fight with his puking skills from the new trailer and his high hell teh boots.Hitamaru-homia

ok where you get Master Cheif and halo from? I said he was in Metal Gear Solid 3. That was Big boss. Master Cheif hasnt died nor is he in Halo 3 seen the ending. Snake isnt going to die in MGS4. Kojima said he wanted them to turn themselves in as war crimanals and have them excuted.

And then he said that his team rejected that idea, so he let it go.

Also, if Snake dies, he will be the first main character for a serise this long to die.

The ending has the possibility to be the most epic ending in the history of videogames, if its done better than MGS3.

zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 zeeerrr
[QUOTE="zeeerrr"][QUOTE="realmadrid4lyfe"][QUOTE="zeeerrr"]

[QUOTE="DarthMar"]Well.. this Snake will die... But there's like 15 now. And Raiden! lolrealmadrid4lyfe

Ocelot was always behind the stories twists. It looks like Liquid completely took over his body, do you think we'll see any more of him?

effekt125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 effekt125
Member since 2004 • 107 Posts
they hinted "snakes story will be over, but that doesnt mean the series will be over" so its a guess that raiden will have a new part in the future, but snake is probably going to die
L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"][QUOTE="Riviera_Phantom"]

[QUOTE="Hitamaru-homia"]Snake has been in 4 mgs games... Metal gear,Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake,Metal Gear Solid,Metal Gear Solid 2... 2 other games he hasnt been in MEtal Gear Portable ops and Metal Gear Solid 3... he finished his fight long ago. What hes fighting that he has to fight? Liquid XD Raiden will finish teh fight with his puking skills from the new trailer and his high hell teh boots.zeeerrr

I think he means a lot more interesting. either way, I guess you can say Halo's story is more epic becuase the universe is at stake. THis isn't to say that Snake's story isn't filled with twists, turns, exictement, and amazing storytelling.

Well the problem I had with MGS storytelling in the past is that Kojima has trouble getting me to not anticipate. Basically the story gets twisted so much that it becomes convoluted to the point of stupidity. I no longer am surprised because I begin to anticipate the plot twist and when the story tries to do it that frequenty it just becomes ludicrous. That's why I have fun in the begining but get sick of the story by the end.

It's kind of like a soap opera that says, "Wait she was sleeping with another man!"

"Wait the man was really an alien from outer space and their love child assasainated JFK in an alternate reality which caused her jaded parents to hate republicans which made her a democrat which made her attracted to the man she slept with!!!!!!" Wowz!!!!

You need to suspend disbelief and be careful when and how you switch things up. Kojima seems to have no sense of this.

Finally since he has all of you guys convinced that Snake is going to die wouldn't the biggest "twist" involve him somehow surviving and thus the series survives also?

I agree with that one guy. Plot twist or no, Raiden needs to Die. He was the MGS equivalent of that doofy blonde dude from FF10.

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts
[QUOTE="realmadrid4lyfe"][QUOTE="zeeerrr"][QUOTE="realmadrid4lyfe"][QUOTE="zeeerrr"]

Ocelot was always behind the stories twists. It looks like Liquid completely took over his body, do you think we'll see any more of him?

You really think the serise would end on a game with no Ocelot? Somehow, the revolver swinging asomeness will be in it.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
I love Halo and cant wait to get my hands on a copy, and i know im gonna abuse it online, but in all honesty, the fight that i really want to finish is Snake's. Halo is hella fun, but i dont play it for the story, now MGS on the other hand...Its like LOST except it answers questions.
bstarter29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bstarter29
Member since 2006 • 2339 Posts

I was thinking of this exact thing last night, and now I read this quote today. Awesome.

It will be the most epic finale of all time.

zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 zeeerrr
[QUOTE="zeeerrr"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"][QUOTE="Riviera_Phantom"]

[QUOTE="Hitamaru-homia"]Snake has been in 4 mgs games... Metal gear,Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake,Metal Gear Solid,Metal Gear Solid 2... 2 other games he hasnt been in MEtal Gear Portable ops and Metal Gear Solid 3... he finished his fight long ago. What hes fighting that he has to fight? Liquid XD Raiden will finish teh fight with his puking skills from the new trailer and his high hell teh boots.L1qu1dSword

Well the problem I had with MGS storytelling in the past is that Kojima has trouble getting me to not anticipate. Basically the story gets twisted so much that it becomes convoluted to the point of stupidity. I no longer am surprised because I begin to anticipate the plot twist and when the story tries to do it that frequenty it just becomes ludicrous. That's why I have fun in the begining but get sick of the story by the end.

It's kind of like a soap opera that says, "Wait she was sleeping with another man!"

"Wait the man was really an alien from outer space and their love child assasainated JFK in an alternate reality which caused her jaded parents to hate republicans which made her a democrat which made her attracted to the man she slept with!!!!!!" Wowz!!!!

You need to suspend disbelief and be careful when and how you switch things up. Kojima seems to have no sense of this.

Finally since he has all of you guys convinced that Snake is going to die wouldn't the biggest "twist" involve him somehow surviving and thus the series survives also?

I agree with that one guy. Plot twist or no, Raiden needs to Die. He was the MGS equivalent of that doofy blonde dude from FF10.

Ok, since thats your opinion I cant change your mind.

,But I along with many other people believe that the story was amazing and had many memorable characters. I never once felt bored with the storyline.

Avatar image for ProductNumber49
ProductNumber49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 ProductNumber49
Member since 2006 • 3840 Posts

Screw Snake !

And I'm finishing this thread :P

zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 zeeerrr

Screw Snake !

And I'm finishing this thread :P

ProductNumber49

yes very inciteful.:?

realmadrid4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 realmadrid4lyfe
[QUOTE="realmadrid4lyfe"][QUOTE="zeeerrr"][QUOTE="realmadrid4lyfe"][QUOTE="zeeerrr"]

i would. liquid and ocelotare one of my fav boss cahracters. and anyways it wouldnt be a MGS game with out ocelot.

kruesader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 kruesader
Member since 2006 • 6443 Posts

I'm betting that snake dies at the end.II-FBIsniper-II

from lung cancer.

snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts

[QUOTE="MGS9150"]Snake wont die. zeeerrr

why do you think that? All the signs poin to his death. FOXDIE has screwed up his DNA and made him age faster so you know its taking effect. Snake's story can only go so far. I actually want his story to end to keep the quality of the MGS games intact. I don't like when stories drag on for too long. I say make way for some New IP's. maybe we'll even see something better from Kojima?

i agree that the death of snake will put MGS to a definitive end and keep that quality at rest. Even if by chance there will be a MGS5 it will be defined as a bastard child because without the direction of Mr. Kojima it will become stale and ruin the series so i hope there wont be anymore MGS after Guns of the Patriots.