Smash bros is racist!

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#1 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3221 posts) -

According to Resetera

https://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-racist/?utm_medium=push_notification&utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=onesignal

Lmao gotta love snowflakes.

#2 Posted by Litchie (23718 posts) -

People really have way too much free time.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#3 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (28861 posts) -

I'm having a chicken gyro sandwich for lunch today.

#4 Edited by Ten_Pints (3759 posts) -

Your chicken gyro (the **** is that?) sandwich Is racist, beg for forgiveness.

#5 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@blackhairedhero said:

According to Resetera

https://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-racist/?utm_medium=push_notification&utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=onesignal

Lmao gotta love snowflakes.

so smash bros is racist but they are snowflakes for saying so? or smash bros is not racist? i dont follow

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#6 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3052 posts) -

Everything is racist/sexist/transphobic according to ResetEra.

Here is the issue for those too lazy to check the link or resetera thread

Things like this are why millenials cant find a job or move out of their parents basement. Thanks Nintendo! Lets all take to social media to make a difference in the world!!!

#7 Posted by Fedor (4646 posts) -

Sjw folk always find something to whine about. Best to ignore them and never apologize, there is no pleasing these people.

#8 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (28861 posts) -

@ten_pints said:

It's like the Greek/Turkish version of a Taco.

#9 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3052 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@ten_pints said:

And they're AMAZING!!!!

#11 Posted by Zappat (1595 posts) -
@goldenelementxl said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@ten_pints said:

And they're AMAZING!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/raywilliamjohnson/videos/10155691342073386/

#12 Posted by JustPlainLucas (79288 posts) -
@goldenelementxl said:

You can thank Anita Sarkeesian for that. ResetEra's just pointing it all out.

#13 Posted by Telekill (8410 posts) -

@fedor: Yeah, I don't apologize for stuff I didn't do. These people need to wake up and realize the world doesn't care about their feelings.

#14 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

Help me understand

are we saying Smash Bros is racist but one is a snowflake for saying it or are we saying Smash bros is not a racist

and is this an example of a snowflake?

Loading Video...

#15 Edited by KungfuKitten (26423 posts) -

So what..?

It would be news if they said something is not racist at this point.

I've grown tired of and indifferent towards their accusations of 'far-right' or 'racism'. This rotten assumption that everyone is against 'their' idea of a paradise on Earth and then must be the total opposite of what they are. The only self entitled saviors smart enough to tell us what is OK for us to do or consume, to say or even to think. They made up half a language by this point that normal sinners don't speak. Showing them who belongs where. To explain to us our sins in their all-knowing interpretation of you and who you really are in a way that only they can see. They don't have a clue how to live in a society or how to treat people around them. They don't have a clue how to create something inclusive or how to allow for diversity to flourish. They are always busy excluding people and ideas, and putting people in boxes and sabotaging what they (pretend to?) stand for. It's infuriating to watch them destroy everything they claim to stand for and pave this path towards a polarized society, lately even laying a foundation for fascism to take hold. (Helping tech companies to censor us based on words where-ever.)

(I am clearly not talking about everyone on Resetera I hope it's pretty clear I'm talking about specific mods and users who have been on this prejudiced deplatforming/defunding/firing/defaming/harassment/accusatory spree. I can't even help them because they don't want any help. They don't want me to do anything but nod and that's not gonna do **** but make things worse.)

#16 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (28861 posts) -

@zappat said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@ten_pints said:

And they're AMAZING!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/raywilliamjohnson/videos/10155691342073386/

this is facts.

#17 Posted by Zappat (1595 posts) -
@tryit said:

Help me understand

are we saying Smash Bros is racist but one is a snowflake for saying it or are we saying Smash bros is not a racist

Loading Video...

There are snowflakes on both sides of the political spectrum. For me they're one and the same, they just love to be offended and being offended is what gives them a sense of purpose in life. These people wouldn't know what to do with themselves if there were no more offensive things to be offended about.

#18 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@zappat said:
@tryit said:

Help me understand

Loading Video...

There are snowflakes on both sides of the political spectrum. For me they're one and the same, they just love to be offended and being offended is what gives them a sense of purpose in life. These people wouldn't know what to do with themselves if there were no more offensive things to be offended about.

thank you for answering my questin.

I am curious what the answer might be to my first question though, I think the answer is no but not sure

#19 Posted by MisterVulpes (779 posts) -

@tryit:

It’s not racist you doughnut.

And if someone’s definition of racism applies to the game’s content and portrayals then that person needs to get a life.

And I imagine the term ‘snowflake’, as it’s being used here, would apply to that person.

#20 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3052 posts) -

@JustPlainLucas said:
@goldenelementxl said:

You can thank Anita Sarkeesian for that. ResetEra's just pointing it all out.

Don't fall for that. Anita didn't play video games before she blew up on the scene. She's even on camera admitting as much, but wanted to get involved because she saw an opportunity. There is a niche group of the gaming community that eats up everything she says. She's nothing more than an Angry Joe type character. Let the industry comes up with material, and then parrot it back at them for $$$. It's a smart hustle. I'm more worried about folks like Abby at Giant Bomb. She got on the GOTY podcast the other day and totally misrepresented GoW in order to call it sexist and speak out on the games violence against women. That's digging way deeper than Anita ever has and Abby has a much larger audience. I don't even like GoW but I can admit what she's trying to pull here is stupid. Of course myself and others brought it up in a ResetEra thread and got killed for it. "It's her opinion" and "that's how it makes her feel" outweighed the fact that Abby twisted logic, ignored story beats and misrepresented characters in order to reach that conclusion. Others on the podcast quickly countered her thoughts but the whole thing was brushed away quickly. The rest of the room had to tread very lightly on challenging her statements, because of today's climate. It's shit like that that bothers me.

#21 Posted by Fedor (4646 posts) -

@tryit: Everyone else has figured it out, why havent you?

#22 Edited by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@mistervulpes said:

@tryit:

It’s not racist you doughnut.

And if someone’s definition of racism applies to the game’s content and portrayals then that person needs to get a life.

And I imagine the term ‘snowflake’, as it’s being used here, would apply to that person.

calm down its just a question, try to keep your emotions under control.

now..explain why its not racist? sorry i dont know smash bros so I am at a loss here.

also, is what LeBron James quoted from a song racist? or does the 'its not racist' just apply to any content without exception tha tis in a video game?

#23 Edited by Zappat (1595 posts) -
@tryit said:
@zappat said:
@tryit said:

Help me understand

Loading Video...

I am curious what the answer might be to my first question though, I think the answer is no but not sure

Hmmm I have no idea if the people who made SB is racist but I find that thinking they are racist just because of those characters is a stretch. People think and use stereotypes all the time, doesn't mean they are racist. Stereotyping is a common human trait that is basically inevitable, it is built in in our brains. Maybe this isn't even a stereotype or offensive in Japan but americans insist that the whole world should magically adapt to their flavor of moralist trigger each month to prevent some of their citizens to become offended. Everything will offend someone at some point. If we ban everything that offends someone somewhere we would be living in a void and I bet even someone out there gets offended by the word "void".

#24 Posted by Fedor (4646 posts) -

@JustPlainLucas: Anita is a dead meme at this point. She carries no weight in the industry anymore.

#25 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@zappat said:
@tryit said:
@zappat said:
@tryit said:

Help me understand

Loading Video...

Hmmm I have no idea if the people who made SB is racist ...

sorry I had to stop you there. I am not asking if the creators are racist. I am asking is Smash Bros (the game) is racist or not and yes its possible for a game to be racist. I dont know if this game is or is not but its not a universal rule without inspection that nobody is racist

#26 Posted by Solaryellow (4811 posts) -

Thanks SJW's. I was on the fence but now I am buying this game as soon as I stop in Best Buy.

#27 Posted by JustPlainLucas (79288 posts) -
@fedor said:

@JustPlainLucas: Anita is a dead meme at this point. She carries no weight in the industry anymore.

She may not be doing anything currently, but her mantra of "Everything is racist. Everything is sexist. Everything his homophobic, and we need to point it all out!" is still being chanted by people. Resetera is evidence of that.

#28 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3052 posts) -

@Solaryellow said:

Thanks SJW's. I was on the fence but now I am buying this game as soon as I stop in Best Buy.

You should probably buy it digitally. The plastics and paper used to make the game and case. The fossil fuels for transportation and C02 you're putting into the atmosphere by breathing. Not to mention the envy you're gonna cause when people see you with a new game... You're gonna offend an awful lot of people. Be careful out there

#29 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:
@Solaryellow said:

You should probably buy it digitally. The plastics and paper used to make the game and case. The fossil fuels for transportation and C02 you're putting into the atmosphere by breathing. Not to mention the envy you're gonna cause when people see you with a new game... You're gonna offend an awful lot of people. Be careful out there

are they SJW because Smash Bro is racist but they shouldnt say so, or are they SJW because Smash Bro is not racist?

#30 Posted by lebanese_boy (15019 posts) -

Look I hate sjw's/snowflakes/whiners as much as the next person, but pairing two black fighters with monkeys and a thief with a dark-skinned version of a character.... you gotta admit this looks at the very least weird and possibly in poor taste. Automatically labeling this as outright racism is also ridiculous because we don't know that whoever was in charge of this is racist or not. Perhaps there's a reasonable explanation for these pairings (or at least I'm hoping I guess) and that, by accident, it came out looking like it does.

Of course we're also possibly taking this out of context, perhaps there are other black characters paired with fighters other than these three and that, because of this story, we're just focusing on these three.

#31 Posted by lebanese_boy (15019 posts) -
@goldenelementxl said:
@Solaryellow said:

But... what about the plastic used on the memory card that holds my digital games?

#32 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@lebanese_boy said:

Look I hate sjw's/snowflakes/whiners as much as the next person, but pairing two black fighters with monkeys and a thief with a dark-skinned version of a character.... you gotta admit this looks at the very least weird and possibly in poor taste. Automatically labeling this as outright racism is also ridiculous because we don't know that whoever was in charge of this is racist or not. Perhaps there's a reasonable explanation for these pairings (or at least I'm hoping I guess) and that, by accident, it came out looking like it does.

Of course we're also possibly taking this out of context, perhaps there are other black characters paired with fighters other than these three and that, because of this story, we're just focusing on these three.

the topic of SJW needs to be broken down into two sections and only two sections

1. the question of the content being discussed specifically

2. the question of speaking.

so in this case, nobody here seems to be discussing the question of the content in question specifically but rather that someone spoke about it. thus they are against one speaking best I can tell.

if that makes sense as a side note

#33 Posted by Fedor (4646 posts) -

@lebanese_boy: Its just western sjw ideologues forcing their beliefs and values upon others. The Japanese don't and really haven't ever conformed to this.

#34 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3052 posts) -

@tryit: SJW is a stupid term and I try not to use it. The issue today’s is people are so caught up in their own echo chambers 90% of the time that when they step out into the real world, they don’t know how to handle themselves. And all discussion is dead now because if your opinions don’t align 100% with someone else, the shits hitting the fan.

ResetEra (and NeoGaf pre-sex scandal) seems to have this small group that has it out for Nintendo. Every time a new Nintendo game comes out they bitch about the diversity of the characters and the role the female characters play in their games. The Kong’s appear with other characters in Smash as well. They’re not exclusive to the black characters. This was brought up in the resetera thread and largely ignored because it doesn’t fit the narrative. That and if you push against the narrative too hard at resetera the mods will come take care of you...

#35 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

@tryit: SJW is a stupid term and I try not to use it. The issue today’s is people are so caught up in their own echo chambers 90% of the time that when they step out into the real world, they don’t know how to handle themselves. And all discussion is dead now because if your opinions don’t align 100% with someone else, the shits hitting the fan.

ResetEra (and NeoGaf pre-sex scandal) seems to have this small group that has it out for Nintendo. Every time a new Nintendo game comes out they bitch about the diversity of the characters and the role the female characters play in their games. The Kong’s appear with other characters in Smash as well. They’re not exclusive to the black characters. This was brought up in the resetera thread and largely ignored because it doesn’t fit the narrative. That and if you push against the narrative too hard at resetera the mods will come take care of you...

what I have noticed in this thread is something I notice happens often.

there isnt any content about the actual assertion in question.

is smash bro racist or is it not. if not why? if so why?

that is really the only thing people need to be talking about, otherwise they are just complaining about people speaking.

sorry if you addressed this in your post I scan and try to get passed all the material that is not related directly to the assertion and only the assertion. I dont care who ResetEra is for example

#36 Posted by Fedor (4646 posts) -

@tryit: "The Kong’s appear with other characters in Smash as well. They’re not exclusive to the black characters. This was brought up in the resetera thread and largely ignored because it doesn’t fit the narrative. That and if you push against the narrative too hard at resetera the mods will come take care of you..."

He answered that.

#37 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@fedor said:

@tryit: "The Kong’s appear with other characters in Smash as well. They’re not exclusive to the black characters. This was brought up in the resetera thread and largely ignored because it doesn’t fit the narrative. That and if you push against the narrative too hard at resetera the mods will come take care of you..."

He answered that.

in all the thousands of words in this thread literally what I put in bold is all I care about.

GUYS! when I ask what I asked about i do not care about all the fluff around it. whoever this person is, sjw, narratives bla bla bla. if you use more words with all that fluf (like you just did) then you did getting to the root of my question then you are doing it wrong!

#38 Edited by Blackhairedhero (3221 posts) -

@tryit: The fact that offends them makes them snowflakes.

#39 Edited by Fedor (4646 posts) -

@tryit: I literally quoted the response post to you. If you cant take the time to read then why are you here? Furthermore, why couldn't you just do your own research and come to your own conclusion? Do you need to be spoon fed articles?

#40 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: The fact that offends then makes them snowflakes.

but again..thousands of words skirting around 'the facts' but getting people to target and address the ACTUAL content of the asssertion is like pulling %^&* teeth.

explain why they are wrong. not who they are, what they wear, about their emotions, not about anything other than the assertion and why that specific assertion is wrong.

focus

#42 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3221 posts) -

@tryit: If you look deep enough into anything you can find something that's racist. That's what snow flakes do. Find a way to be a victim.

You asked a question and I answered it.

I hope Nintendo ignores them and keeps doing what they are doing.

#43 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3052 posts) -

@tryit said:

that is really the only thing people need to be talking about, otherwise they are just complaining about people speaking.

sorry if you addressed this in your post I scan and try to get passed all the material that is not related directly to the assertion and only the assertion. I dont care who ResetEra is for example

1 - Who/what ResetEra is 100% relevant here because they are the source for the article and the outrage.

2 -

They are also represented by the Kongs in Smash

3 - I only "complain" about people speaking when they are being dishonest in order to spread bullshit. I don't care what religion, political party or whatever. Any and all bullshit needs to be called out. That's why I'm in this thread. If the game wasn't "racist" on Dec 7th when it was released, why did it become racist on Dec 24th when a ResetEra member released partial information on a message board in order to call the game racist? And why is Gamerant using a message board post as a source for an article? Gaming journalism is PURE SHIT.

#44 Edited by Fedor (4646 posts) -

@tryit: Thanks for confirming that you need to be babied. You should have just said you're a sheep that needed a shepherd from the get go.

I'll make it simple for you like i would a child.

1. Resetera is a forum, not a person. The article is wrote from a thread on said forum.

2. Smash is not racist.

3. You need some formula and a nap.

#45 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: If you look deep enough into anything you can find something that's racist. That's what snow flakes do. Find a way to be a victim.

You asked a question and I answered it.

I hope Nintendo ignores them and keeps doing what they are doing.

so nothing is racist? or everything is racist? not sure how to understand that answer and it does not address my question about specificcally how you specifically concretely disagree with the specific assertion the article is making

#46 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:
@tryit said:

1 - Who/what ResetEra is 100% relevant here because they are the source for the article and the outrage.

2 -

no its not relevant to my question.

I want to know if the assertion they made is racist or not and if not why.

who they are have ZERO to do with answering that question

#47 Posted by Xbox_Rocks_One (72 posts) -

Funny... You all talk about resetera in here but they never metion SW.

I think the real snowflakes are the SW people.

#48 Posted by Fedor (4646 posts) -

@xbox_rocks_one: You get banned if you mention any other forums on resetera. Kills that dumb narrative you tried to spin.

#49 Posted by XVision84 (15798 posts) -

I don't think it's a good look for Nintendo. They should have seen this backlash coming, I'm surprised that they let such an easily fixable thing slide.

On another note, this topic might be better suited for the political gamers forum, but I'm not one to talk since I make off topic threads too lol.

#50 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3052 posts) -

@tryit said:
@goldenelementxl said:

2 -

no its not relevant to my question.

Well I did make 3 points in my response...

@tryit said:

In this case, "they" is ResetEra, so you kinda played yourself there.