Slender : The Arrival best horror game ever coming to pc

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Pretty sure you are all robots, Slendy creeps me right the hell out.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#52 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]Wow, we got a lot of badasses in this thread. The original Slender game was pretty dull, but it absolutely nailed the concept of the A.I stalker. That is what is scary, not necessarily the creature it is based on. It's the paranoia of knowing it's just out of eyesight, creeping up on you, and will get you at the most unexpected moment is why it's lauded everywhere. If I'm not mistaken, that's also what make games such as Amnesia and Silent Hill scary; not knowing what's there, but knowing something is there. StrongBlackVine

Nothing stalks you in Silent Hill. Nemesis stalked you RE.

I didn't say that. I was referring to "It's the paranoia of knowing it's just out of eyesight, creeping up on you, and will get you at the most unexpected moment". While it's applicable to the stalker A.I concept, it's not exclusive to it. In fact, I'm more or less paraphrasing the tons of Silent Hill articles describing its success in terror.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#53 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

Vaasman
The myth of Slenderman? He's alien enough to be appear chilling, but he does feel engineered. I know they tried to make him mysterious, but you can't just make up something and then add mystery to it. The idea of ghosts, for example, is scary not just for the fact that it's something beyond our comprehension, but because it makes us wonder why the f*ck they're there/questions our existence. Slender doesn't do any of that. At most, he's a pretty effective Goosebumps monster, and that's not a knock on him (just read The Haunted Mask novel and it'll still keep you up in your adult years).
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#54 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]

Am I the only one that doesn't find Slenderman scary....at all?

seanmcloughlin

I am at a loss as to why any one would find Slenderman creepy. Especially when it has no real mythology at all. This "monster" was made up in a internet forum a few years ago.

It has to be real to be scary? :? So you can pretty much discount almost all horror in any form then. Almost all horror stories or characters are fake

It's not that slenderman is scary, it's that the feeling of being alone and he can pop up anywhere that's scary, it's your imagination doing the work. Slenderman himself isn't scary at all, but if you were alone in a dark forest and he popped up behind you, you would be pretty freaked out

If you were alone in a forest, basically anything popping up behind you would be scary.

Cali3350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Cali3350
Member since 2003 • 16134 Posts

Slenderman is just the new scene thing.  Most stupid villian ever.  

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

I think Slenderman is terrifying and the whole premise is very unique. the lore is rich and rife with potential. The new game with the bigger budget could very much be the scariest game I will have personally ever played. So I agree with you TC. Very excited. 

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts

Slender: 8 Pages wasn't scary/good, and slenderman was never scary.

I'm not sure why you are claiming this is the best horror game ever.

Badosh
looks like we got a badass over here.
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Slenderman, more scary than your average little girl with long black hair (movie- and game makers take notice, children are not scary) My nephew showed me some videos last summer and we made up stories and **** when we were hanging out at our cottage, middle of Finnish woods. Still get goosebumps when thinking bout' Slenderman.

Vaasman

Well finally. I used to imagine him just standing there, in the distance, when I go out to take a leak (no indoors bathroom in our cottage). Tall as **** with long limbs, ****!

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Cali3350

how did he suddenly get so popular anyway?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="Cali3350"]

NoodleFighter

I'm guessing either reddit cancer or pewdiepie cancer.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
2spooky etc. etc. The slenderman nonsense has been done to death and practically driven into the ground at an alarming rate. Marble Hornets didn't do it, the Something Awful thread was always pretty cool, but this is just nukes the stuff that made the character creepy to begin with - the mystery, the tentacle stuff - blending otherworldly with real, and how the creature isn't ever properly in focus - I say again - keeping the mystery and horror techniques, and so on. So what happened? A whole bunch of bad fanfiction missing the point entirely, and an experimental game that was blown out of proportion by a whole bunch of other people, who seemed to miss the point too. The internet certainly knows how to kill off all it's own material; doing the job better then industry ever has.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
I really wish they had used anything other then Slender for the game. I mean, really? Slender? How is he scary?
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 skrat_01
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]Wow, we got a lot of badasses in this thread. The original Slender game was pretty dull, but it absolutely nailed the concept of the A.I stalker. That is what is scary, not necessarily the creature it is based on. It's the paranoia of knowing it's just out of eyesight, creeping up on you, and will get you at the most unexpected moment is why it's lauded everywhere. If I'm not mistaken, that's also what make games such as Amnesia and Silent Hill scary; not knowing what's there, but knowing something is there.

The funny thing is there is no A.i. in Slender. It's an asset that deploys facing the player at various trigger states, there's actually no 'intelligence' to it. It's also why the character model doesn't animate at all, it's a character model changing location or moving off-scene. Add some raycasting, mouse hitting an invisi-trigger around the model to turn that animated static material's alpha map (as an invisible plane rigged to the player-controller) when the mouse is on - then when the failstate is triggered a new scene of that goofy face close up (which is, gah, gah, gah missing the point of not looking at it and belittling the mystery / horror itself). What's interesting about Slender is how it managed to be so engaging to an audience, despite being a surprisingly simple experiment, compared to pathfinding a.i. with various states. That in itself is a great thing to take from it. I inadvertently made a game with similar mechanics myself in Unity last year, though not aiming for horror, and missing the whole note collection trigger and move to X near player states. Which is why I imagine all these copy-cat Slender games are everywhere at the moment - it's not a hard thing to emulate at all, and hell I'm not a good programmer at all myself.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

[QUOTE="Cali3350"]

ChubbyGuy40

I'm guessing either reddit cancer or pewdiepie cancer.

That slender game kicked it all off and then suddenly everyone knew. It was mainly pewdiepie i'd say and then teens react did it too. 

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#65 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
This sequel looks much better then the 8 pages one.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
[QUOTE="percech"] looks like we got a badass over here.

Sure do, biatch.
osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"] looks like we got a badass over here.Badosh
Sure do, biatch.

I am really annoyed by how this thread turn out. We got a bunch of people some of which who even admitted to not even playing slender dumping all over it. I guess they are to "bad" to admit they can be scared of some thing.

I put in a alot of work into this Thar because gamespot glitched on me twice and i had to redo it.

Slender has the best stalker AI i have ever seen in a game. On top of that this game looks beautiful. I am shocked there are so many haters and so few likes. If you look on facebook he has 1000s and 1000s of likes and like a million videos about him on youtube.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 skrat_01

I am shocked there are so many haters and so few likes.

osirisx3
Criticism =/= hate.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
I am really annoyed by how this thread turn out. We got a bunch of people some of which who even admitted to not even playing slender dumping all over it.osirisx3
Should have posted it on PGD if you wanted legit responses.
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#70 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Silent Hill 3 is already on PC.

Sh*t, I mean RE4 is already on PC. Both of them are already on PC.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 osirisx3

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]I am really annoyed by how this thread turn out. We got a bunch of people some of which who even admitted to not even playing slender dumping all over it.Badosh
Should have posted it on PGD if you wanted legit responses.

thank you to the guy who started it all 

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 osirisx3

Silent Hill 3 is already on PC.

Sh*t, I mean RE4 is already on PC. Both of them are already on PC.

Master_ShakeXXX

silent hill is creepy but not that scary as for RE 4 not scary at all its an action game 

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
[QUOTE="osirisx3"]Accoring to many many many people it is scary. Have you seen the trailer it looks better then any horror game i've seen.Badosh
If you're referring to the trailer you posted, yes, I saw it a few days after it was posted. It doesn't look that good.

Duuuuuuuudddeee, you're so cool for having such a bad-a** opinion like that!! Can I be your friend? :D :D :3
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="Badosh"][QUOTE="osirisx3"]Accoring to many many many people it is scary. Have you seen the trailer it looks better then any horror game i've seen.LastRambo341
If you're referring to the trailer you posted, yes, I saw it a few days after it was posted. It doesn't look that good.

Duuuuuuuudddeee, you're so cool for having such a bad-a** opinion like that!! Can I be your friend? :D :D :3

You're friends with LoosingENDS, who'd wanna be associated with that? 

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="Badosh"] If you're referring to the trailer you posted, yes, I saw it a few days after it was posted. It doesn't look that good. seanmcloughlin

You're friends with LoosingENDS, who'd wanna be associated with that? 

LoosingENDS? :P I haven't been in SW for ages, I forgot about that guy LOOL