Skyward Sword HD or a new top down Zelda possibly coming to Switch 2019?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Yes, I know, another Port of HD Remake for the Switch. Also, the worst Zelda game I've played and overrated by some people.

A possible tease by Aonuma

And also something from Game Informer, they teased about it in a video podcast.

Imran Khan: I was just thinking what I should say about that. Next Zelda will probably be sooner than we think.

Ben Hanson: What is this, Imran? You know stuff?

Imran Khan: I… I will talk to you guys off-camera about stuff.

So far, it's a new Zelda title made by the terrible Triforce Heroes game on the 3DS.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Rumours were going towards OOT/MM, oh well.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

Someone should tell Aonuma he can keep that Skyward Sword garbage to himself! That game was atrocious for reasons other than motion controls that deliberated every 10 minutes or when using certain items like the beetle. Porting Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask in HD Collection to Switch would be the most logical choice,not to mention, Ocarina of Time is in it's 20 year anniversary, honor that game with a proper HD port.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FireEmblem_Man
@davillain- said:

Someone should tell Aonuma he can keep that Skyward Sword garbage to himself! That game was atrocious for reasons other than motion controls that deliberated every 10 minutes or when using certain items like the beetle. Porting Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask in HD Collection to Switch would be the most logical choice,not to mention, Ocarina of Time is in it's 20 year anniversary, honor that game with a proper HD port.

Oh, I agree, it's the worst mainline Zelda ever made! But an OoT/MM collection? We already got remakes of those on the 3DS.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58897 Posts

Will it be a full priced game?

Yes.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@davillain- said:

Oh, I agree, it's the worst mainline Zelda ever made! But an OoT/MM collection? We already got remakes of those on the 3DS.

But you do want to see it on the Switch right? I love my 3DS but I can't carry 2 handheld these days. I guess the only option left is to invest a new Legend of Zelda game I supposed.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FireEmblem_Man
@davillain- said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@davillain- said:

But you do want to see it on the Switch right? I love my 3DS but I can't carry 2 handheld these days. I guess the only option left is to invest a new Legend of Zelda game I supposed.

TBQH, I would prefer a new Zelda reusing the same assets from BotW and make a new world out of it ALA Majora's Mask.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

I'm one of the few people that actually really enjoyed Skyward Sword.

Yes, there were some terrible filler bits (like the dull overworld and the note collection section)...but the dungeons were excellent, and the motion-controlled swordfighting was really well done. Those final sword duels were easily the most immersive sword fights I've ever experienced in a game.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

hopefully they make a non motion control option. maybe they have to if you want to play portable.

OOT/MM have to be complete remakes for me to get excited.

whats more plausible that i want is windwakerHD/twilght princessHD/skyward sword HD trilogy pack on 1 cart!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44131 Posts

While Skyward Sword isn’t particularly high on my Zelda list I would still buy and HD remake for the Switch if they were to do one.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Really? C'mon Nintendo, give us Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD on the Switch..Not this crap.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

Would love a skyward sword re release. I never played the original.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

Ugliest Zelda game ever made. That filter effect just didnt look right, imo, from what i remember. Controls were spotty as well

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15910 Posts

Worst zelda in hd. Critics will loved it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

If they ported Wind Waker HD, I'd be more excited... and it'd probably force me to finally buy a Switch.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7253 Posts

@Planeforger said:

Yes, there were some terrible filler bits (like the dull overworld and the note collection section)...but the dungeons were excellent, and the motion-controlled swordfighting was really well done. Those final sword duels were easily the most immersive sword fights I've ever experienced in a game.

You really aren't alone. Yeah, it has some faults but people are overly dramatic about how much they detract from the game. Ultimately, Skyward Swords biggest issue is that four games on, it still felt too much like Ocarina of Time. I think it's flaws stood out to so many not due to the quality of the game, but because they were getting tired of the formula.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
@judaspete said:
@Planeforger said:

You really aren't alone. Yeah, it has some faults but people are overly dramatic about how much they detract from the game. Ultimately, Skyward Swords biggest issue is that four games on, it still felt too much like Ocarina of Time. I think it's flaws stood out to so many not due to the quality of the game, but because they were getting tired of the formula.

No, it never felt anything like Ocarina of Time, the problem stemmed from padding to artificially drag the game for more than 20 hours. Too many puzzles, force to use the Dousing mechanic, fetch'd quest like the Silent Realm, the bowling bomb mechanic was broken as well as Swimming. Unable to fly at night, last redundant fight with the Imprisoned. Oh, and the Harp strutting was terrible, as well as Fi being a huge annoyance popping up randomly reminding you to change batteries?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#19 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
@KBFloYd said:

hopefully they make a non motion control option. maybe they have to if you want to play portable.

OOT/MM have to be complete remakes for me to get excited.

whats more plausible that i want is windwakerHD/twilght princessHD/skyward sword HD trilogy pack on 1 cart!

Problem is, the game is built around motion controls. And already, another Wii game has shown that the transfer to traditional controls was a disastrous one. And that game is Super Mario Galaxy for X1/Tegra released exclusively for... China.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Hopefully not Skyward Sword. Worst 3D Zelda I've played. Stopped playing it because it was lame and I have no desire to play it again.

I'd rather have another version of Twilight Princess.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

Please no.

Can they just save the resources and divert them to a smaller budget handheld Zelda, like ALBW 2, or a remake of the oracles games.

Y'know, some games that were actually good?

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I'm so done with WW and TP that I'd be willing to try Skyward Sword again on the Switch.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7223 Posts

They won't release a new Zelda on switch yet. Maybe a hd of skyward sword but definitely not a new one.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

I would rather have WW and TP on my Switch rather than SS any day of the week.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

That is not plausible at all from Nintendo. Maybe Wind Waker/Twilight Princess combo for 60. And Skyward Sword only for 50.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@judaspete said:
@Planeforger said:

No, it never felt anything like Ocarina of Time, the problem stemmed from padding to artificially drag the game for more than 20 hours. Too many puzzles, force to use the Dousing mechanic, fetch'd quest like the Silent Realm, the bowling bomb mechanic was broken as well as Swimming. Unable to fly at night, last redundant fight with the Imprisoned. Oh, and the Harp strutting was terrible, as well as Fi being a huge annoyance popping up randomly reminding you to change batteries?

Goddamn, you just reminded me of why I disliked the game so much. And you didn't even mention that they reset the pick-up-item-info everytime you shut the game off. Next time playing, they pause the game everytime you pick something up to give you information about the item, even green rupees. By the time I stopped playing the game out of boredom I probably read about green rupees more than 50 times.

I bet SS has about 5-10 hours of gameplay worth it to expereince. But since they force you to go through 20-25 hours of boring filler crap and annoyances to get to it, the game can go to hell. Shame too, because the things I liked, I really liked.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46228 Posts

Skyward Sword is easily the worst Zelda I've ever played.

The waggle was just too much for me. It felt like I was playing a collection of minigames, a solo Mario Party if you will, not a Zelda game.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FireEmblem_Man

@nintendoboy16: problem with that, is that those were made by an exclusive NVidia team, not by Nintendo. So controllers will be different

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

How about the "3D Zelda Collection" with Ocarina 3D, Majora 3D, Windwaker HD, Twilight Princess HD, and the new Skyward Sword HD. Purchase them separately or as a bundle.

Yeah that's not going to happen :P who am I kidding

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Maybe a remake of that last top down one from 3DS? That was well received by all. Come on sheep let me know what the name was. It would be a better fit for Skyflop Sword.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FireEmblem_Man
@DocSanchez said:

Maybe a remake of that last top down one from 3DS? That was well received by all. Come on sheep let me know what the name was. It would be a better fit for Skyflop Sword.

Link Between Worlds?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

Skyward would be reliant on the Joy-Cons, and i'm not okay with that. Give me OoT/MM or something with the mechanics of BotW but with a story befitting past Zelda games.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DocSanchez

@FireEmblem_Man: thank you.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Archangel3371

I watched a YouTube video were it was hypothesized that it could be a remake of Link’s Awakening. That would be pretty cool as well.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DocSanchez

@Archangel3371: to date the zelda game I have the most affection for by far.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FireEmblem_Man
@Archangel3371 said:

I watched a YouTube video were it was hypothesized that it could be a remake of Link’s Awakening. That would be pretty cool as well.

Yeah, I did stated above a team that worked on Tri Force Heroes on the 3DS is working on something. Maybe it is a remake of Link's Awakening, I could certainly hope.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Archangel3371

@DocSanchez: That was one of the very few that I have yet to play. I do have it on my 3DS and maybe even the Wii Virtual Console. I really should get around to playing it one of these days.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Archangel3371

@FireEmblem_Man: Ah ok, yeah that could be it.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7253 Posts

@Litchie said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@judaspete said:
@Planeforger said:

Goddamn, you just reminded me of why I disliked the game so much. And you didn't even mention that they reset the pick-up-item-info everytime you shut the game off. Next time playing, they pause the game everytime you pick something up to give you information about the item, even green rupees. By the time I stopped playing the game out of boredom I probably read about green rupees more than 50 times.

I bet SS has about 5-10 hours of gameplay worth it to expereince. But since they force you to go through 20-25 hours of boring filler crap and annoyances to get to it, the game can go to hell. Shame too, because the things I liked, I really liked.

Look, all of these are valid criticisms, but more people would have looked past them if the game brought more new stuff to the table. Most people agree that the weapon degradation in BotW is crap and the dungeons are not as big and immersive as they used to be, but they look past it because there is so much else that is new and exciting.

• Ocarina of Time had terrible stealth sections, that obnoxious sand storm part, and Navi's incessant Hey! Hey! Listen! Listen! LISTEN!!!, but it was the first Zelda in 3D so everyone loved it.
  • Wind Waker had way too much time spent sailing from place to place and the fetch quest to end all fetch quests late in the game, but most people still remember it fondly.
  • Twilight Princess had a lot of the same problems as Skyward Sword, including item descriptions resetting every time you restart the game, fetch quests, filler, and the terrible howling mechanic, but that one is still highly regarded.

Anyway, this is all just my two cents. Despite Skyward Swords flaws I enjoyed it quite a bit. My biggest gripe was that it all felt too familiar, and I'm glad they changed things up for BotW. It was time.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

new top down Zelda game would be better than Skyward Sword remaster (its not gonna be a remake)..I mean I already played Skyward Sword on Wii...that alot of people hated because motion control. :P

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DocSanchez

Skyflop sword's 7.5 was over inflated. Incredibly dated on release and limited. If it didnt have the zelda name it would be a 6.

I still remember the 8.8 meltdown.