Skyrim VR is amazing! need more games like this in VR..

• 58 results
nishanth12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 nishanth12
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

Been playing for 3 hours straight for the last couple of days (work restricts me from putting in more time)

I finished the game a couple of years ago and loved it. It's one thing to play the game on TV but seriously to be in the world of Skyrim is just awesome. Hope they port more of these classics to VR.

Here's some suggestions:

1) Metro and Bioshock series - with aim controller (instant buy)

2) Maybe Fallout 3 in VR (I assume Fallout 4 would be hard to make PSVR compatible)

3) Literally any First person shooter - aim compatible of course.

Ok, I know this is too much to ask for lol. Hope Skyrim VR's success will warrant more ports.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Best on Switch. ;)

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

ya, I hope we get more full games in vr. Bioshock would be awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@aigis: Immersive sims in general would be an excellent fit for VR. :)

Imagine something like Deus Ex or Dishonored? That would be slick!

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Are there already sex mods for Skyrim VR?

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@jumpaction said:

I would really like Deus Ex if they could figure out the cover system for vr, but Dishonored is a no brainer, that would be really awesome

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Yea, it's incredible. It's one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

We need more games like this in VR.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

Starfox zero vr coop.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 QuadKnight

@KungfuKitten said:

Are there already sex mods for Skyrim VR?

No mod support yet but devs say they are thinking about it.

nishanth12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nishanth12

@aigis said:
@jumpaction said:

I would really like Deus Ex if they could figure out the cover system for vr, but Dishonored is a no brainer, that would be really awesome

Deus Ex in VR would be soo damn cool! Especially using move controllers like Skyrim does, one of the only vr games that properly uses move. Imagine using melee blade with move.. huh. anyone?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not a huge Skyrim fan but VR seems like it would be transformative for me. The world itself was always very distinctive, and being pseudo "in" the world would just be so cool

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

Shame the visuals are complete garbage.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Wait, so playing old games is good again lol.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

I'm jeaulous with my rift, eagerly waiting for that fallout 4 release, I hope bethesda/vive doesn't block it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69089 Posts

Great news for VR.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@nishanth12: Aiming with move would certainly be helpful. Pointing and shooting can be really good when implemented right.

@aigis: Maybe the upcoming System Shock 3 too? :D

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

Yeah it's pretty awesome to see the province of Skyrim with your own eyes. I've only dabbled since Skyrim PSVR launched, but the wife has had the headset glued to her face lol. I must say, I thought Whiterun would seem bigger in person- but it's actually rather quaint when you walk through it in VR. Swordplay is epic in VR, actually having total control of your sword and shield is inexplicably amazing, haven't yet tried wielding two magics at once but the wife says it's amazing. Again, having total control of each hand changes the game. Once I fiddled with controls I was home. After trying it out, the real world seems much less real :) I purchased Skyrim twice for PS3, twice for PS4 and now for the fifth time for PSVR, and damn if you consider yourself half interested just go buy everything required <3

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

VorpX on PC is third party software that allows you to do primitive VR in a number of unsupported titles, so I don't think it's too complicated for devs to add support to their games. It comes down to demand really. Are there enough people to buy it? I'd like to think there are and would love to see more VR updated games than the straight up remasters that have flooded the current market.

nishanth12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nishanth12

@whalefish82 said:

VorpX on PC is third party software that allows you to do primitive VR in a number of unsupported titles, so I don't think it's too complicated for devs to add support to their games. It comes down to demand really. Are there enough people to buy it? I'd like to think there are and would love to see more VR updated games than the straight up remasters that have flooded the current market.

Yeah I feel like it's not the demand. It's the game media outlets like GameSpot and IGN completely dropped the ball on VR. Heck they're not even bothering to review any VR games. Yet they love to cover movies and celebrities, etc.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Once the exclusivity deal on PSVR expires, I'll look to pick it up on PC (Rift).

Then again, perhaps I can find a decent deal on PSVR this week. Kinda want to bypass the cable nightmare of the first model but the biggern concern is the cost of VR titles. Hrrmmmmm....

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17401 Posts

I tried it at Best Buy.

It loses the "Skyrim" feel for me.

The combat and magic feel..................empty.

Its cool to go through the world in VR, but the actual game part falls flat due to lack of feedback in combat

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Yes, it's absolutely amazing. Don't listen to the haters in here--they come into every PSVR thread out of pure jealousy that their system of choice does not have a VR option. Anyone downplaying this game has likely never even tried VR, let alone Skyrim VR. If they had tried it they would know this is a system seller.

Anyway, I was out of the country when the game released. Just got back last night, popped in Skyrim VR, fired up my PSVR and played for like six hours straight. I can confidently say it was just about the best gaming session I've ever had in my life. Using the move controllers is breathtaking. I spent an hour or two just wandering through the woods hunting with my bow and arrow. Then I went on a pickpocketing tour of Whiterun. Even just walking and looking up at the stars in the night sky is incredible. I feel like I flew home to Skyrim instead of my actual house lol. I can't wait to get back to it tonight. This is without a doubt a killer app for PSVR.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@quadknight said:

I was thinking about buying it but read a lot of bad reviews about controls being bad and such.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17401 Posts
@reduc_ab_ said:

Yes, it's absolutely amazing. Don't listen to the haters in here--they come into every PSVR thread out of pure jealousy that their system of choice does not have a VR option. Anyone downplaying this game has likely never even tried VR, let alone Skyrim VR. If they had tried it they would know this is a system seller.

Anyway, I was out of the country when the game released. Just got back last night, popped in Skyrim VR, fired up my PSVR and played for like six hours straight. I can confidently say it was just about the best gaming session I've ever had in my life. Using the move controllers is breathtaking. I spent an hour or two just wandering through the woods hunting with my bow and arrow. Then I went on a pickpocketing tour of Whiterun. Even just walking and looking up at the stars in the night sky is incredible. I feel like I flew home to Skyrim instead of my actual house lol. I can't wait to get back to it tonight. This is without a doubt a killer app for PSVR.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@n64dd said:
@quadknight said:

I was thinking about buying it but read a lot of bad reviews about controls being bad and such.

A lot of those reviews were probably old and based on the demo, which was horrible with teleportation only. Bethesda has updated the control scheme entirely for release. You have a ton of options. You can use the move controllers with full locomotion, partial locomotion etc. Snap turning is the only option right now for the moves, but Bethesda have confirmed that they are going to patch in smooth turning asap. You can also just go with the standard dualshock, which controls exactly like the regular game. The controls are fine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@navyguy21: So you can post gifs. Would you like a cookie?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:

I don't see anyone bitching or hating on it in this thread. In fact, the only person complaining is you. BTW it's not s system seller no matter how hard you want to think it is.

Calling it the "best gaming session of your life" is either extreme hype or a sad gaming life that you live. It's also to be taken with a grain of salt given your affection and fanaticism for it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@kingtito said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

I don't see anyone bitching or hating on it in this thread. In fact, the only person complaining is you. BTW it's not s system seller no matter how hard you want to think it is.

Calling it the "best gaming session of your life" is either extreme hype or a sad gaming life that you live. It's also to be taken with a grain of salt given your affection and fanaticism for it.

Mmmmmmmmmmwa.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 N64DD

@reduc_ab_ said:
@n64dd said:
@quadknight said:

A lot of those reviews were probably old and based on the demo, which was horrible with teleportation only. Bethesda has updated the control scheme entirely for release. You have a ton of options. You can use the move controllers with full locomotion, partial locomotion etc. Snap turning is the only option right now for the moves, but Bethesda have confirmed that they are going to patch in smooth turning asap. You can also just go with the standard dualshock, which controls exactly like the regular game. The controls are fine.

Snap turning?

Dook-E-Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dook-E-Fresh
Member since 2017 • 66 Posts

5/10 Game Informer Review

Ouch...lol.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:

Stop being so butthurt anytime anyone says anything remotely negative about the PSVR. NEWS FLASH!!! Not everyone likes or is sold on it. Get over it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@n64dd said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@n64dd said:
@quadknight said:

Snap turning?

Snap turning is like regular head turning in a first person perspective, except instead of rotating smoothly it rotates in increments with repeated presses of a button. On the moves you press X and square to rotate left and right. You can rotate at a variety of degrees. This is mainly for those who have trouble with motion sickness in VR. It really helps. Regular smooth turning is better and more immersive, I think. In Skyrim VR you have regular turning with the dualshock. As stated, Bethesda is going to add smooth turning for the moves in the next patch, which should be any day now.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50496 Posts

Saw the deal on Amazon and was tempted. Gotta go try it first as I'm worried I wouldn't care for it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@kingtito said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

Stop being so butthurt anytime anyone says anything remotely negative about the PSVR. NEWS FLASH!!! Not everyone likes or is sold on it. Get over it

Do you need another kiss? Geez. Well, okay. Here you go.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMwa!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By QuadKnight

@n64dd said:
@quadknight said:

The controls were bad in the preview builds but Bathesda listened to the complaints and now they've fixed them. There's a wide variety of controls to choose from now. No need to teleport all over the place anymore. You can play with the regular controller like I do and have smooth normal movement , you can have snap movement or you can point with the move controller and head in they direction you're pointing. You can even adjust movement sensitivity and speed. It's actually amazing how quickly they responded to criticism. I'd say you ignore the reviews and get it, you won't regret it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@navyguy21: Oh, and, sarcasm aside, I just want to say that when I said "haters" I wasn't personally referring to you. Reading your comment, it seems like you just don't like the game, which is fine. You tried it, and you have an opinion about it. That's all good. "Haters" are those that have never tried the game, or even VR, and talk a bunch of sh_t about it in every thread. Again, I don't think you're one of them. Just wanted to clear that up. ;)

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 N64DD

@Chutebox said:

Saw the deal on Amazon and was tempted. Gotta go try it first as I'm worried I wouldn't care for it.

As soon as the game goes on sale by itself I think i'll pick it up.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10597 Posts

@i_p_daily:

Xbox fans should rejoice at playing old games, since one of MS selling points with a x1x is BC.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

After reading everyone's post about Skyrim VR, it sounds interesting and I do love Skyrim anyways. Is there Skyrim VR for the Hive yet?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 N64DD

@quadknight said:
@n64dd said:
@quadknight said:

The controls were bad in the preview builds but Bathesda listened to the complaints and now they've fixed them. There's a wide variety of controls to choose from now. No need to teleport all over the place anymore. You can play with the regular controller like I do and have smooth normal movement , you can have snap movement or you can point with the move controller and head in they direction you're pointing. You can even adjust movement sensitivity and speed. It's actually amazing how quickly they responded to criticism. I'd say you ignore the reviews and get it, you won't regret it.

Do the graphics take a hit? be honest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@davillain- said:

After reading everyone's post about Skyrim VR, it sounds interesting and I do love Skyrim anyways. Is there Skyrim VR for the Hive yet?

Right now it's exclusive to PSVR. That will change eventually. Bethesda will likely port it to other headsets next year some time.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaVillain  Moderator

@reduc_ab_ said:
@davillain- said:

Right now it's exclusive to PSVR. That will change eventually. Bethesda will likely port it to other headsets next year some time.

Next year is totally fine by me. I got lots of stuff to do anyways like clearing out some backlog games so there's that.

Knowing Bethesda, they'll port VR to PC since it's the place I can Mod the hell out of it.

Dook-E-Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dook-E-Fresh
Member since 2017 • 66 Posts

Rather check this out on the HTC Vive...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@davillain- said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@davillain- said:

Next year is totally fine by me. I got lots of stuff to do anyways like clearing out some backlog games so there's that.

Knowing Bethesda, they'll port VR to PC since it's the place I can Mod the hell out of it.

Yeah, they've talked about adding mods to the PSVR version. No promises yet. Honestly I'm not even sure if I'd want mods for Skyrim VR. The regular game with all the DLC is good enough for me. But I know other people love their mods.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@n64dd said:
@quadknight said:
@n64dd said:
@quadknight said:

Definitely. You have to just accept that if you play. The PS4, even the Pro, has limited power. VR takes a lot of juice, so the visual fidelity is lowered. Textures are simplified to an extent, and draw distance is reduced or else lowered resolution-wise. The immersion is great, though.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@reduc_ab_ said:

Yeah, they've talked about adding mods to the PSVR version. No promises yet. Honestly I'm not even sure if I'd want mods for Skyrim VR. The regular game with all the DLC is good enough for me. But I know other people love their mods.

It's for a good reason.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 N64DD

@reduc_ab_ said:
@n64dd said:
@quadknight said:
@n64dd said:
@quadknight said:

Definitely. You have to just accept that if you play. The PS4, even the Pro, has limited power. VR takes a lot of juice, so the visual fidelity is lowered. Textures are simplified to an extent, and draw distance is reduced or else lowered resolution-wise. The immersion is great, though.

Does it look worse or the same as the xbox 360/ps3 version?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@davillain- said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

It's for a good reason.

Well, I really liked using mods on Fallout 4. Crashed the hell out of the game, but it was definitely fun for a while.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@n64dd said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@n64dd said:
@quadknight said:
@n64dd said:

Does it look worse or the same as the xbox 360/ps3 version?

It basically looks like the 360/ps3 version, but in full VR 3D. It makes a huge difference being in VR. The immersion is so good that you can easily believe you are there. Flat screen games don't come close to the feeling.