SIXAXIS vs RUMBLE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts
I was playing the Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo and it reminded me on how fun it was on the original Xbox.  As I continue to play I felt something was missing.  Sure it utilize the SIXAXIS, but not that much.  I turned off my PS3 and turned on my 360 and inserted Ninja Gaiden Black.  I started to play and realized what was NG was missing on the PS3, it was the RUMBLE.  To have the controller vibrate when you decapitate an enemy is much more awesome than just shaking the SIXAXIS sometimes in the game.  This is my opinion, what is yours?  SIXAXIS vs RUMBLE, which one really makes a game much more fun?
raualex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 raualex
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts
I guess it really depends on the game tbh. A flying fanatic would prolly say the direct oposite of you. But It's really no reason to choose. Because with a bit of luck you'll have both in a year or so :)
Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

I didn't use the rumble back then except MGS and Silent Hill.  I'm not big about SIXAXIS either.

I'll see what Kojima does and how Lair and Warhawk feel. 

springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 springz300
Member since 2004 • 2050 Posts
id rather have both, which is probably is what will happen next year
KraigA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 KraigA
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
t
I guess it really depends on the game tbh. A flying fanatic would prolly say the direct oposite of you. But It's really no reason to choose. Because with a bit of luck you'll have both in a year or so :)raualex

Yeah I know, the recent Sony update - RUMBLE support for previous PS/PS2 games.. :P

Anyway, RUMBLE has no actual part in the gameplay, all it does is make a noise and shake when you shoot or crash.. steering a car or flying a plane with SIXAXIS would be much more fun IMO.
l_The_DetoX_l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 l_The_DetoX_l
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

I was playing the Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo and it reminded me on how fun it was on the original Xbox. As I continue to play I felt something was missing. Sure it utilize the SIXAXIS, but not that much. I turned off my PS3 and turned on my 360 and inserted Ninja Gaiden Black. I started to play and realized what was NG was missing on the PS3, it was the RUMBLE. To have the controller vibrate when you decapitate an enemy is much more awesome than just shaking the SIXAXIS sometimes in the game. This is my opinion, what is yours? SIXAXIS vs RUMBLE, which one really makes a game much more fun?ReverseCycology

You can have both together. All this SixaxiS vs. Rumble business is a horrible result of Sony's problems with dualshock.  

DouglasBuffone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#7 DouglasBuffone
Member since 2004 • 9421 Posts
Well maybe the PS3 rumbling controller will make the difference when it comes out
MCGSMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MCGSMB
Member since 2007 • 2149 Posts
Rumble is alot better than sixaxis
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18834 Posts

t[QUOTE="raualex"]I guess it really depends on the game tbh. A flying fanatic would prolly say the direct oposite of you. But It's really no reason to choose. Because with a bit of luck you'll have both in a year or so :)KraigA

Yeah I know, the recent Sony update - RUMBLE support for previous PS/PS2 games.. :P

Anyway, RUMBLE has no actual part in the gameplay, all it does is make a noise and shake when you shoot or crash.. steering a car or flying a plane with SIXAXIS would be much more fun IMO.

Why dont u try to play games before u make that comment as rumble played a big part other than virbating.

datret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 datret
Member since 2005 • 7789 Posts

[QUOTE="KraigA"]t[QUOTE="raualex"]I guess it really depends on the game tbh. A flying fanatic would prolly say the direct oposite of you. But It's really no reason to choose. Because with a bit of luck you'll have both in a year or so :)PSP107

Why dont u try to play games before u make that comment as rumble played a big part other than virbating.

So he's never played a game?

Rumble really doesn't help me at all in gaming except in MGS scenarios (arm message ftw).

KraigA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 KraigA
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts

[QUOTE="KraigA"]t[QUOTE="raualex"]I guess it really depends on the game tbh. A flying fanatic would prolly say the direct oposite of you. But It's really no reason to choose. Because with a bit of luck you'll have both in a year or so :)PSP107

I know, it made a noise too.
atmk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 atmk
Member since 2004 • 1688 Posts

Rumble all the way.

Image:Laughing-man.gif

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#13 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
they should've had both
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
PS3 will probably have both down the road. But I'm actually interested in seeing what they could do with the Sixaxis as well. It could definitely provide interesting features in games like MGS4.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PSP107
[QUOTE="PSP107"]

[QUOTE="KraigA"]t[QUOTE="raualex"]I guess it really depends on the game tbh. A flying fanatic would prolly say the direct oposite of you. But It's really no reason to choose. Because with a bit of luck you'll have both in a year or so :)KraigA

I know, it made a noise too.

Rumble is more affected than motion.  I just recenlty re played MG2 which i still had a save from Aug 2002,  my controller was vibrating. i was wondering why it was vibrating but i remeber that cyborg said answer the phone when the conreoller vibrates.

There is no reason for moving ur arms up down left  right when in airplanes games. get real ppl.  U can pull that stuff off with the sticks.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PSP107

they both suck. real nigs get real vibration from hoes, y'all herrd50cent_0927

That was lame.

albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
Rumble
50cent_0927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 50cent_0927
Member since 2002 • 508 Posts

[QUOTE="50cent_0927"]they both suck. real nigs get real vibration from hoes, y'all herrdPSP107

That was lame.

did i hurt your "little" feelings? =)
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts
[QUOTE="PSP107"]

[QUOTE="50cent_0927"]they both suck. real nigs get real vibration from hoes, y'all herrd50cent_0927

That was lame.

Not as much as that hoe probably hurt your little _____.

(sorry..I had to because the 50Cent game was absolute garbage)

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#21 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

PS3 will probably have both down the road. But I'm actually interested in seeing what they could do with the Sixaxis as well. It could definitely provide interesting features in games like MGS4.
StealthSting

I am trying to envision would it would be like to have rumble going nutsoid when using the motion sensing feature.....

I am pretty sure it wouldn't be good, and the battery would hate it too.

rli_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 rli_123
Member since 2006 • 864 Posts
lol...?
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PSP107
[QUOTE="PSP107"]

[QUOTE="50cent_0927"]they both suck. real nigs get real vibration from hoes, y'all herrd50cent_0927

That was lame.

Pretty sad u compared rumble controllers and getting the real thing.

Have u tried both?

RedLobsterpwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RedLobsterpwns
Member since 2007 • 469 Posts
[QUOTE="PSP107"]

That was lame.

You didnt hurt his feelings, but you did hurt your dignity. Only posers talk like that.

anyways, rumble is great... but so are motion based controls.