Single console owners....Any buyers remorse??

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Single console owners....Any buyers remorse?? (64 votes)

YES 9%
NO 50%
I saved myself from such a thing! I own both!! 13%
Still playing PS3, Wii U or 360 and am quite content! 17%
I game on PC only! Consoles are for peasants!! 11%

This question is directed to those of you that for one reason or another only bought one of either the PS4 OR XBOX ONE! Are you happy with your decision or do you wish to have a do over?

• 
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Take it to SW.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

@GTR12 said:

Take it to SW.

this

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

As the others stated... this should be moved to System Wars. That said, I'm pretty damn happy with my PS4.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I own a PS4 and Wii U this gen and don't want a Xbox One. No buyers remorse here.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i am happy with it, even though there haven't been a lot of games catching my attention

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#6 dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

@locus-solus said:

@GTR12 said:

Take it to SW.

this

Co-sign.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Moved to System Wars from Playstation board as seems more like a System Wars topic.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#8 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I'm sticking with my Godbox 360 and Wiimasterpiecesystem for now.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Buyers remorse? Is that even a thing now?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Why would I have buyers remorse? I made a long term investment, not a short term one.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

I own a PS3 and Xbox 360, I have a buyer's remorse with the 360. It's a terrible system. I want my money back.

Figured that I should stick with PC and PlayStation for all of my gaming requirements. **** Xbox.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

I owned a launch PS4 that I didn't really regret until the Titanfall beta, then I went an got an Xbox One and now no regrets either way since infamous and TF

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

Gave my PS4 to my nephew so I am left with the Xbox One which is fine since I finished Infamous already and there is no PS4 exclusive that I want until the next title from Naughty Dog

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

trying to stay nintendo only...

last gen i was ninty only until 2010...that hd graphics talk got to me...

not falling for it again.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Well I own both personally but for those who only own 1, the first post-launch E3 hasn't even hit yet, way too early for buyers remorse.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Why would I have remorse about not buying a console I don't want?

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

No regrets on my PS4, I also have a good gaming laptop (when compared to these consoles).

3 of my hardcore Xbox only mates are disappointed with their bones. Too bad for them. They swallowed eveything ms had to offer. They deserve what they got haha.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I've never been a single system owner...but I imagine if they did research they wouldn't feel buyers remorse.

If they didn't do research, well, then yeah it's more possible they could have suffered remorse.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Not for one damn second, not a shred of buyers remorse. I own the most sophisticated console ever. Since its launch the console has transformed with updates, DX12, awesome exclusives and super secret sauce hidden power that still is waiting to be tapped.

THE MICROSOFT XBOX ONE.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

All you haters are going to cry when Halo, Quantum Break, Sunset-Outlast, Gears, and Many more great Exclusives are released for the Xbox One.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Nope. I'm enjoying my PS4. I also game extensively on the PC, so I'm not bored.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@xhawk27:

Nobody cares. Both Halo and Gears are shells of their former selves. Gears without Epic? Halo without Bungie? No thank you. It's also disgusting, how M$ now handles DLC with first party games. They are getting worse then EA.

So go ahead and enjoy your generic disc locked micro transaction infested Halo & Gears while having your eyeballs, emotional responses and data sold to corporations and political parties. The rest of us are perfectly happy without it.

Avatar image for CivilWarOnDrugs
CivilWarOnDrugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CivilWarOnDrugs
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@xhawk27: Halo and Gears of War need to die. Every new installment is just painful to watch at this point. Rehash, tweak graphics slightly, pray that Xbox fanatics are still easily entertained... Check, check, aaaaaaaaand obviously, check.

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

I own a PS4, Wii U, X1 and Vita (got rid of my launch 3ds and haven't replaced it yet since my daughter has an XL). That being said, the Wii U has been the biggest disappointment for me but I don't have buyers remorse since it's had some nice exclusives and my kids really enjoy it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

All you haters are going to cry when Halo, Quantum Break, Sunset-Outlast, Gears, and Many more great Exclusives are released for the Xbox One.

My goodness, you lemmings sure are defensive and angry these days. Can't imagine why...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I haven't been a single console owner since the NES. Currently have a PS4, PS3, WiiU, SNES as well as a PC and 3DS and then a bunch old consoles in storage.

Also.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Not for one damn second, not a shred of buyers remorse. I own the most sophisticated console ever. Since its launch the console has transformed with updates, DX12, awesome exclusives and super secret sauce hidden power that still is waiting to be tapped.

THE MICROSOFT XBOX ONE.

Sounds like buyers remorse.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

None here, loving my Xbox One, have had the WiiU since launch and while I haven't touched it for gaming in a while I still enjoy using it as a second screen when the missus is watching tv. Plus I have a good enough pc which I also game on, If I bought a ps4 it would be collecting dust right now as I already have far too much to game on.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I'm honestly curious if any of the SW regulars are single system owners and stay single system owners throughout the entire gen. It used to always be the more systems you owned the more "credible" you were.

Personally, I'm rocking the PC/Wii U/3DS/Vita as of right now. I don't think I'd miss the handhelds.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xhawk27

@ConanTheStoner said:

I haven't been a single console owner since the NES. Currently have a PS4, PS3, WiiU, SNES as well as a PC and 3DS and then a bunch old consoles in storage.

Also.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

THE MICROSOFT XBOX ONE.

Not when he is playing all the great Xbox One exclusives this year. Enjoy the Resolution. lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#31 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Not really. Theres barely anything on the Xbox or the WiiU that grabs my attention. Sony franchises have always been the best for me. Now I know for the moment the PS4 is lacking when it comes to exclusive games but Sony has already proven 3 generations in a row it can deliver. I'm still playing more PS3 atm then the PS4 tbh but I was going to get a PS4 either way so I grabbed one already. Waiting for Watch_Dogs now...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ConanTheStoner

@xhawk27 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

Also.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

THE MICROSOFT XBOX ONE.

Not when he is playing all the great Xbox One exclusives this year. Enjoy the Resolution. lol

I will, thanks!

But more importantly, I'll be enjoying great games.

Enjoy the salt.

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

@whiskeystrike said:

I'm honestly curious if any of the SW regulars are single system owners and stay single system owners throughout the entire gen. It used to always be the more systems you owned the more "credible" you were.

I thought it still was the more systems you owned the more "credible" you were lol. Maybe "credible" isn't the word. It's more like the more unbiased you are I suppose.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

@madskills6117 said:

@whiskeystrike said:

I thought it still was the more systems you owned the more "credible" you were lol. Maybe "credible" isn't the word. It's more like the more unbiased you are I suppose.

Yeah, supposedly ha. I remember the threads, people would take pics of their systems and add people on Xbox Live/PSN... just to prove they weren't fanboys.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Hmm.. Well, Bayonetta 2 is coming.

At least I can turn on the WiiU when MK8 hits. I've just been playing my 360 and Ps3.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I've had my PS4 since launch. I've yet to get an XB1 but plan on it soon. No buyers remorse though I knew a drought was coming and I don't regret getting a PS4 over XB1.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ConanTheStoner

@whiskeystrike said:

@madskills6117 said:

@whiskeystrike said:

Yeah, supposedly ha. I remember the threads, people would take pics of their systems and add people on Xbox Live/PSN... just to prove they weren't fanboys.

Which doesn't prove a thing of course lol. I have a friend that owned an Xbox, owns a 360, will probably own an Xbone and he talks shit about Xbox constantly.

A persons bias is always in their words and the platforms they own are a secondary measure.

Then again, I don't own any MS consoles at the moment, Sony is my favorite console maker, and cows still accuse me of being a lem on the regular... so what do I know. I guess I can chalk that up to Sony is awesome and cows are dumb.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Murderstyle75

@xhawk27:

You mean games nobody would buy is M$ still had great games.

Don't mistake mediocrity for quality just because you don't have anything better.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Buyers remorse for something that costs $400?

Lol no, u can spend that much on a new oair of jeans these days

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By xhawk27

@Murderstyle75 said:

@xhawk27:

You mean games nobody would buy is M$ still had great games.

Don't mistake mediocrity for quality just because you don't have anything better.

The Xbox One has a lot more games out now than the PS4 does. I'll take the X1 exclusives this year over the three Sony exclusives if driveclub isn't cancelled.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Murderstyle75

@xhawk27:

I'm assuming you are brand new to gaming then. There is a problem with System Wars which is a huge lack of common sense. All Microsoft did besides a Forza 3.2 (missing content none the less) is keep a few otherwise third party multiplats off of the PS4, most likely for only a single installment. Meanwhile Sony released like 10 exclusives last year on the PS3. What did M$ give besides a generic Gears spinoff from People Can Fly?

Before the new console, M$ has not seen a new IP since 2010. It wasn't even first party, it was only console exclusive and wasn't even Published by Microsoft for the PC meaning it was never really their game. When exactly was the last new M$ first Party IP that wasn't either a Kinect or Arcade game?

Three generations in a row, Sony had not released squat this early in a generation because there is really no money in it and like the X1 offerings, you end up with a bunch of under developed low selling games. Since only a small amount of the userbase even own the console, these titles aren't needed. Every time though, Sony ends up with the best exclusive library. What indication do you have that this generation will be any different?

And further more, the biggest arguement lems used to defend having nothing other then Halo/Forza/Gears was superior multiplats. Now that the tables are turned, that arguement is now somehow irrelevant. But after almost two decades of world class exclusives and a game that won GOTY virtually everywhere not even a year ago, you really think Sony is out of gas because they decided to appeal to a userbase of 80 million last year instead of a few million next gen customers when the console is selling out everywhere regardless?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

why would someone's marital status affect their buyers remorse?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Kinda fall in between choices. I do still game on my PS3, will own a PS4, and have no buyers remorse from buying Xbox one.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#44  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@xhawk27:

I'm assuming you are brand new to gaming then. There is a problem with System Wars which is a huge lack of common sense. All Microsoft did besides a Forza 3.2 (missing content none the less) is keep a few otherwise third party multiplats off of the PS4, most likely for only a single installment. Meanwhile Sony released like 10 exclusives last year on the PS3. What did M$ give besides a generic Gears spinoff from People Can Fly?

Before the new console, M$ has not seen a new IP since 2010. It wasn't even first party, it was only console exclusive and wasn't even Published by Microsoft for the PC meaning it was never really their game. When exactly was the last new M$ first Party IP that wasn't either a Kinect or Arcade game?

Three generations in a row, Sony had not released squat this early in a generation because there is really no money in it and like the X1 offerings, you end up with a bunch of under developed low selling games. Since only a small amount of the userbase even own the console, these titles aren't needed. Every time though, Sony ends up with the best exclusive library. What indication do you have that this generation will be any different?

And further more, the biggest arguement lems used to defend having nothing other then Halo/Forza/Gears was superior multiplats. Now that the tables are turned, that arguement is now somehow irrelevant. But after almost two decades of world class exclusives and a game that won GOTY virtually everywhere not even a year ago, you really think Sony is out of gas because they decided to appeal to a userbase of 80 million last year instead of a few million next gen customers when the console is selling out everywhere regardless?

Yeah Sony brings some great games that's for sure. What does it matter that the last exclusive you speak of from MS (Alan Wake) wasn't first party? I don't care who publishes or owns the studio. I play games. And I don't have a PC that can run games, so the Witcher 2, Metro 2033 were in my 360 collection, and not my PS3 collection. That's why I buy both consoles. Because there will and has been games the other one doesn't get, that I want to play. Like Titanfall, DR3, KI. So I have an Xbox one now, and will a PS4 soon. I just never understood why people care if MS owns a studio or buys exclusivity.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

Very clever. Did it take you all day to come up with that one?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@highking_kallor said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Very clever. Did it take you all day to come up with that one?

No.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Bought the X1 because I like the direction its going it. Like the launch titles. Kids love kinect, wifey loves the fitness app.

Pretty excited by the games coming out shortly also. I think Sunset overdrive looks like a really fun game, particularly with the concept of continuously adding content that is planned. Titanfall is pretty awesome.

I simply do not feel any excitement for the PS4, or that necessity to own one. I find it a dull and uninspiring console with very few games that interest me. I loved playstation of old, Crash, Spyro, Tomb Raider, GT. Literally hundreds of reasons to really want a playstation, but those games are not all synonymous with the PS brand now. I spent all of last gen waiting for Naughty dog to release a title just as ab excuse to turn my PS3 on. Infamous isnt reason alone to drop money on the PS4 yet.

For me the X1 just offers more entertainment value.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

I honestly couldn't imagine just gaming on one system.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

No remorse. More satisfaction each and everyday.

Eisen_Howl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Eisen_Howl
Member since 2014 • 83 Posts

For a while, yes.

My PS4 wasn't being used, and my Xbox 360 was used more often - but that's because of my own choice, really. There were tremendous amount of games i could've bought, but to me; i wanted a real next-gen game - not some ported over game from the previous generation.

Besides, i was catching up on some games i never got a chance to play from the previous gen. And some games, like Splinter Cell: Blacklist really surprised me - and i still got to wrap my hands around South Park: Stick of Truth - so there's still games i need to play on previous consoles.

But recently, with the release of new games for PS4; i've used it immensely.

But im sure, once i complete Infamous & Ground Zeroes; i'll be leaving my PS4 alone till the next big game comes out.

Some may look at this and say that i have buyers remorse, but honestly, i just have my priorities focused more on work than gaming - fortunately.