Since when does cutetsy=good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for RRODfails360lol
RRODfails360lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RRODfails360lol
Member since 2008 • 100 Posts

Why is it that every game with a cutetsy image is considered creative? Honestly LBP looks like a good game and all, but sackboy and friends aren't really that creative, yet people think that they are a million times more creative, than say, kratos or marcus phoenix and company.

People are acting like any game that doesn't have a guy and some guns is suddenly better as a result. Look at flower for instance. Whats its main claim to fame? That it doesn't have any people? That doesn't make it creative. I takes just as much thought to make a game about space marines as it does to make one about petals blowing in the wind.

The real creative genius' in my opinion are people who don't just make cutetsy games, but make serious games with a twist. Take left 4 dead and Mirror's Edge for example. Take a lot more creativity IMO.

Btw LBP looks awesome, I just don't like that people are praising it and its art direction, like they are something to write home about.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

No, cute is awesome. That's why this would be Game of the Forever:

RRODfails360lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RRODfails360lol

thrones

hey thrones, remember me, i'm marmaduke fan.

gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gtawoof
Member since 2003 • 1843 Posts

People are talking about how creative the game is, not the characters. The characters are just cute/funny little assets, but the game itself is why everyone is so hyped =/

fiscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fiscope
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts

LBP.... not creative in the art department...?

Um.

Watch the videos again. This is extremely creative stuff! I can't really defend it with words, you need to watch it.

RRODfails360lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RRODfails360lol

LBP.... not creative in the art department...?

Um.

Watch the videos again. This is extremely creative stuff! I can't really defend it with words, you need to watch it.

fiscope

I think the gameplay is creative
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Why is it that every game with a cutetsy image is considered creative? Honestly LBP looks like a good game and all, but sackboy and friends aren't really that creative, yet people think that they are a million times more creative, than say, kratos or marcus phoenix and company.

RRODfails360lol

Sackboy is infinitely more creative than Kratos or any of the Gears of War characters. Kratos is a rip from mythology, and the Gears crew are all stereotypical steroid-like soldiers.

cakeisntalie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 cakeisntalie
Member since 2008 • 634 Posts

thrones

this game wins

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SpruceCaboose

STFU, faekboy. LBP will be yet another AAAA esclusive for the PS3 this year. It will usher in the era of the PS3- it's finally here: Jump In. Fart_Storm

The era of the PS3 is an era where the PS3 is stuck in 3rd place? I mean, best case scenario, its going to be second. Wouldn't the PS3 era have the PS3 in first?

Fart_Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fart_Storm
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts

[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]STFU, faekboy. LBP will be yet another AAAA esclusive for the PS3 this year. It will usher in the era of the PS3- it's finally here: Jump In. SpruceCaboose

The era of the PS3 is an era where the PS3 is stuck in 3rd place? I mean, best case scenario, its going to be second. Wouldn't the PS3 era have the PS3 in first?

Does 150 million ring a bell? That's what Sony says they are going to sell of PS3s. And they have been in business a long time.

IronBass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IronBass
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Since when does cutesy=bad?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SpruceCaboose

Does 150 million ring a bell? That's what Sony says they are going to sell of PS3s. And they have been in business a long time.

Fart_Storm

Thats what Sony said. Sony has said lots of un-truths this generation.

When they really do sell 150 million, I will believe them. Until then, I don't even think they believe them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
Apparently you're mature if you played kiddy games. And immature if you play games like Grand Theft Auto. :?
IronBass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IronBass
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]STFU, faekboy. LBP will be yet another AAAA esclusive for the PS3 this year. It will usher in the era of the PS3- it's finally here: Jump In. Fart_Storm

They also said that the PS3 would have 4D graphics, and that didn't happen...

If we go b your logic, MS said they are gonna sell more than the PS3 this gen, so, if Sony sells 150 millions PS3s, MS will sell even more 360. See how it works?

Fart_Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fart_Storm
[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]

SpruceCaboose

When they really do sell 150 million, I will believe them. Until then, I don't even think they believe them.

I believe them. Sony knows how to make winnign consoles. Does the PS2 ring a bell?

Fart_Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fart_Storm
[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]

SpruceCaboose

I believe them. Sony knows how to make winnign consoles. Does the PS2 ring a bell?

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts

STFU, faekboy. LBP will be yet another AAAA esclusive for the PS3 this year. It will usher in the era of the PS3- it's finally here: Jump In.Fart_Storm

Wasn't that for the Xbox 360?

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]STFU, faekboy. LBP will be yet another AAAA esclusive for the PS3 this year. It will usher in the era of the PS3- it's finally here: Jump In. Fart_Storm

they ruled portable music players in the 90's too till ipod took that market over.

even by your logic nintendo has been in the console business longer.

IronBass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IronBass

Apparently you're mature if you played kiddy games. And immature if you play games like Grand Theft Auto. :?Aljosa23

Being mature/immature has nothing to do with the games you play...

IronBass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IronBass
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]

Fart_Storm

I don't. End of discussion.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts
LBP looks good but i agree it has been overhyped to hell, its a side scrolling platformer at heart and nintendo pretty much owns then genre of games. it will have to do alot to surpass super paper mario IMO, if the execution os wrong it could get boring pretty fast as well.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]Apparently you're mature if you played kiddy games. And immature if you play games like Grand Theft Auto. :?IronBass

Accordig to the Sheep on this board, yes it does.
IronBass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 IronBass
[QUOTE="IronBass"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]Apparently you're mature if you played kiddy games. And immature if you play games like Grand Theft Auto. :?Aljosa23

Accordig to the Sheep on this board, yes it does.

Also to some cows/lemmigs, that say that playing the Wii is kiddy/immature.

Viva le fanboys.

RRODfails360lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RRODfails360lol
[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]

IronBass

I don't. End of discussion.

honestly why would anybody grow so attached to a company.

Its quite pathetic.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SpruceCaboose

Fart_Storm

Sony also knew how to make great portable music players (Walkman) until this little white box came out and captured the minds of the world (iPod).

Not saying that the PS3 can't beat the Wii, but its not like this would be the first time Sony had a product that failed to live up to the past successes of the company.

beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts

Fart_Storm

lol does gulliable ring a bell :lol:

360 have said at e3 they will sell more then ps3 so if i go by your gulliable logic they will sell more then ps3

Fart_Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fart_Storm
[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]STFU, faekboy. LBP will be yet another AAAA esclusive for the PS3 this year. It will usher in the era of the PS3- it's finally here: Jump In. Ontain

they ruled portable music players in the 90's too till ipod took that market over.

LOL. No they haven't.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#29 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
TC I think you're confusing creative stories for truly creative games, it doesn't matter because most shooters fail at both anyway.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SpruceCaboose

LOL. No they haven't.

Fart_Storm

Thank you for confirming that you are a fakeboy and thus have no argument worth listening to.

redstormrisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 redstormrisen
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
[QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="Fart_Storm"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

LOL. No they haven't.

What?

Did you actually just say Sony have been in the consoleBusiness longer than Nintendo?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 61993 Posts
Kratos isn't creative. Kratos is probably the most simple character ever. He is angry....Oh man thats cool

and lets not even start with the gears of war characters.

Also

When did cute=bad.
Fart_Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Fart_Storm
[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"][QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="Fart_Storm"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]STFU, faekboy. LBP will be yet another AAAA esclusive for the PS3 this year. It will usher in the era of the PS3- it's finally here: Jump In. redstormrisen

LOL. No they haven't.

What?

Did you actually just say Sony have been in the consoleBusiness longer than Nintendo?

No I didn't say that.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Fart_Storm

And you still believe that? Do you wait for the Great Pumpkin every year too? Sony can be wrong you know...

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
[QUOTE="redstormrisen"][QUOTE="Fart_Storm"][QUOTE="Ontain"]

Fart_Storm

LOL. No they haven't.

What?

No I didn't say that.

Then please tell us what you meant by "No they haven't".
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"][QUOTE="redstormrisen"][QUOTE="Fart_Storm"][QUOTE="Ontain"]

lowe0

LOL. No they haven't.

What?

No I didn't say that.

Then please tell us what you meant by "No they haven't".

Yes. I am eagerly awaiting the explaination of this nugget myself. I'm about 10 seconds away from adopting a new sig.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

Cute comes character. Character comes appeal.

Let's say if TF2 didn't have it's art design, people would probably turn a blind eye to it and just label it generic MP shooter #xxx.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

I find it hilarious how people call games kiddy yet go "OMG sackboy so cute!!!! I wanna hug him!!" He's a ragdoll made from a potato sack...AWW CUTE..or not.

Plus I love when people go "OMG dis game so artistic!" I'm all for artistic games like Okami and such because they're great games. But I hate stuff that is basically an animation where you press buttons a bit and are supposed to be wowed by it's beauty.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#39 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
Since Conkers Bad Fur Day?
stepat201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 stepat201
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

Apparently you're mature if you played kiddy games. And immature if you play games like Grand Theft Auto. :?Aljosa23

That's the vibe I've seen from alot of sheep,it's pathetic.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts

Man

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#42 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

Sony has said a lot of things about the PS3 that isn't exactly true. :?