Since Sony is too cheap to release Vita games, World of Final Fantasy will have to do.

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

This adventure will feature some cool chibi-style graphics with a great sense of humor. Usually mainline Final Fantasy is very dark, dull, serious, or just straight, weird. But Square seems to be switching it up this time.

This game will also feature a new mechanic called "imprism". This will trap monsters Pokemon style so that you can have them battle at your side. You can also switch battle from a fast pace quick select menu or settle for the more classic Final Fantasy setup.

What say you system wars, are yall ready for a new Final Fantasy adventure? This game is coming exclusive to PS4 and Vita soon.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

All I want to know is where to get Vita storage for cheap, I have one that I got for basically $30, I have no games, and I have no games because I don't want to spend $120 on the damn sdcard...

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iandizion713

@dynamitecop: Yeah, Sony was really stupid on them cards.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17779 Posts

@dynamitecop:i have never seen them cheap. 30 quid is pretty good for a vita. maybe have a look at the games you want to get and gauge what size you need then bite the bullet. its a bitter pill to swallow indeed but its also a one off expense (unless you go mad and never want to remove games). the only other way i can think of is to try and find one second hand somewhere but i would have no idea where. i got a 16GB card and there is still plenty of room left on it. i do get most of my games on game cards instead of PSN mind.

still a stupid decision by sony....what were they thinking?

anywho this got my attention when i saw it at E3. it looks kinda goofy but could be good fun. i thought i was finished my vita collection but maybe there is one more to get.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iandizion713

@osan0: Yeah, could be just what Final Fantasy needs to get it away from that emo stuff.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#6 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Your recent Vita obsession is weird bro.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

the vita is saved everyone!

now we just wait and let the sales and cash flow.

SuperFlyZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SuperFlyZero
Member since 2015 • 414 Posts

The game looks like total shit.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iandizion713

@Blabadon: Yeah, most Vita games arent even worth mentioning. But i felt this one was worth it. Square is showing such dedication to a machine Sony has abandoned. I feel its worthy of praise.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Only by that name i dont even want to see what is this all about. World of FF .. more like World of FFS

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

The lack of Wii U games in the direct yesterday is really making the drones grasp for straws

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#12 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

The lack of Wii U games in the direct yesterday is really making the drones grasp for straws

Yep, that's the sad part. None of this is actual conviction or opinion. This stems from a reaction to getting on Nintendo for being shit.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iandizion713

@Blabadon said:
@jcrame10 said:

Yep, that's the sad part. None of this is actual conviction or opinion. This stems from a reaction to getting on Nintendo for being shit.

This is just war folks, nothin more, nothin less. Enjoy the ride, we just getting started. People wanted to see fanboys, so we give them fanboys.

Plus, chibi graphics are awesome.

SuperFlyZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SuperFlyZero

@Blabadon said:
@jcrame10 said:

So this is how the minds of cows work? Blame Nintendo for Vita's shortcomings? Very interesting.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jcrame10

@Blabadon: the irony is that the vita has like 1200 games (probably 3 times the amount of wii u) with 61 being published by sony or exclusive to the system. That's more or less how many games wii u probably has for first party.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iandizion713

@jcrame10: And yet Sony still abandoned it, hurts dont it. They dropped it bout as fast as Xbox One dropped its original concept.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jcrame10

@superflyzero said:
@Blabadon said:
@jcrame10 said:

So this is how the minds of cows work? Blame Nintendo for Vita's shortcomings? Very interesting.

the lack of diplomacy is just troublesome.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jcrame10

@iandizion713 said:

@jcrame10: And yet Sony still abandoned it, hurts dont it. They dropped it bout as fast as Xbox One dropped its original concept.

1. i dont own a vita

2. i dont care about vita

3. i dont really care about handhelds in general

4. vita was supported but sold poorly for the same reason as wii u

SuperFlyZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SuperFlyZero

@jcrame10 said:
@superflyzero said:
@Blabadon said:
@jcrame10 said:

the lack of legit Vita games is just troublesome.

*fixed*

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iandizion713

@jcrame10 said:
@iandizion713 said:

1. i dont own a vita

2. i dont care about vita

3. i dont really care about handhelds in general

4. vita was supported but sold poorly for the same reason as wii u

O yeah you do, its why you here.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jcrame10
@superflyzero said:
@jcrame10 said:
@superflyzero said:
@Blabadon said:
@jcrame10 said:

*fixed*

whats the issue with the vita? doesnt it have a bunch of rpg games and even some big name franchises like uncharted, god of war, lbp, ratchet and clank, jak and daxter?

SuperFlyZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SuperFlyZero

@jcrame10 said:
@superflyzero said:
@jcrame10 said:
@superflyzero said:
@Blabadon said:

*fixed*

whats the issue with the vita? doesnt it have a bunch of rpg games and even some big name franchises like uncharted, god of war, lbp, ratchet and clank, jak and daxter?

eww

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jcrame10

@iandizion713: when have i ever talked about the vita?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jcrame10

@superflyzero said:
@jcrame10 said:
@superflyzero said:
@jcrame10 said:
@superflyzero said:

*fixed*

eww

is that a "check and mate"?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iandizion713

@jcrame10: Dude them games old. How bout some Sony games from past 2 years? Sony aint put nothing on Vita. Sony abandoned its fans. At least this company supports Vita fans. Sony is just too stupid to.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jcrame10

@iandizion713 said:

@jcrame10: Dude them games old. How bout some Sony games from past 2 years? Sony aint put nothing on Vita. Sony abandoned Vita. At least this company supports Vita fans.

i have no idea. i dont follow the vita at all.

when was the last time sony published a vita game?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By iandizion713

@jcrame10: Last time Sony developed a Vita game was bout 2 years ago. Sony published ZERO in 2016. And if you dont care about Vita, then why are you here?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jcrame10

@iandizion713 said:

@jcrame10: Last time Sony developed a Vita game was bout 2 years ago. And if you dont care about Vita, then why are you here?

already said youre attacking sony and grasping at straws lol

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

I might give it a try at some point.

I did get my Vita fairly cheap and before they switched to the lower quality screen, but my experience with it has been pretty lackluster. Quite a few games have come out on Steam since then and more are heading there it seems every month. It's a shame when you consider what the Vita could have been.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

PSP had better final fantasy games than this one. Vita is more powerful we wanted better games not crappy indie spinoff FF games.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 iandizion713

@jcrame10: Is that all you got?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jcrame10

@iandizion713 said:

@jcrame10: Is that all you got?

do i need anything else?

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Looking forward to getting this game on the Vita. To me RPGs are just waaay better on a handheld. I bought FFX remaster for PS3 and got pretty far but only finished it when I got it on Vita. Been playing Odin Sphere as well so this game should tie me over till FFXV.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By iandizion713

@Zidaneski: Dont forget Muramasa Rebirth. Such a hidden gem.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Game looks terrible. Pass.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@HowlingLotus said:

I did get my Vita fairly cheap and before they switched to the lower quality screen, but my experience with it has been pretty lackluster. Quite a few games have come out on Steam since then and more are heading there it seems every month. It's a shame when you consider what the Vita could have been.

The Vita hardware was pretty slick.

Unlike the Wii-U (which was garbage), it was a bit of a mystery why the Vita did so terribly compared to the PSP. Can't really say it was a lack of games either. Sony actually put out some fairly awesome games early on, putting almost AAA development resources into several games (Killzone, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Uncharted, Tearaway, etc) but nobody cared. So it's hard to blame them for giving up on the system. Still, it shouldn't' have been too much to ask for SOME support. There were plenty of PSP games or PS2 games that could have been sequelized on a smaller budget. Nintendo is a master of churning out low budget games, Sony should have followed that model.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By iandizion713

@2Chalupas: Whats even more sad, is no games for Vita, and barely any for PS4. Its like them studios just disappeared.

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@2Chalupas: Whats even more sad, is no games for Vita, and barely any for PS4. Its like them studios just disappeared.

There also seems to be a great number of Japan only titles for Vita, too. Some are obviously due to cultural differences, but there seems to be quite a few RPG's that look interesting that never came over.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jcrame10

@2Chalupas said:
@HowlingLotus said:

The Vita hardware was pretty slick.

Unlike the Wii-U (which was garbage), it was a bit of a mystery why the Vita did so terribly compared to the PSP. Can't really say it was a lack of games either. Sony actually put out some fairly awesome games early on, putting almost AAA development resources into several games (Killzone, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Uncharted, Tearaway, etc) but nobody cared. So it's hard to blame them for giving up on the system. Still, it shouldn't' have been too much to ask for SOME support. There were plenty of PSP games or PS2 games that could have been sequelized on a smaller budget. Nintendo is a master of churning out low budget games, Sony should have followed that model.

Vita failed the same reason Wii U failed. Much like Nintendo with Wii U, Sony supported Vita but with the wrong titles. Who the hell wants to play Killzone, Uncharted, or God of War? Not the target fanbase of those games. People would much rather play them on their television set. They should have made more appropriate handheld titles for it. Complete opposite with Wii U but same situation- most of the games should have been on handheld, and many of the Wii U games have similar counterparts on handheld.

tl;dr who the hell wants to buy a handheld for 3d games and shooters

who the hell wants to buy a console for mostly cartoony 2d platformers

apparently, a small number of consumers

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By iandizion713

@jcrame10: Seems more want to buy kids games then a mobile device like Vita, its embarrassing. Vita lost to a kids console in the mobile age.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jcrame10

@iandizion713 said:

@jcrame10: Seems more want to buy kids games then a mobile device like Vita, its embarrassing. Vita lost to a kids console in the mobile age.

vita doesnt have enough to give it its own identity. i dont want to play uncharted, ratchet and clank, god of war, killzone or resistance on a handheld when i have a ps3 and a ps4. ps3 (and ps4 now even too) has plenty of RPGs too to where i dont feel im missing out on anything on a vita. and i just dont want to play games on a handheld anyways really as most of the ps community seems to agree given sales. vita doesnt give enough reason to purchase if you already own ps3/ps4

wii u is no better though most of the game/system sales are low compared to 3ds and its games. same situation wii u didnt have enough of an identity to warrant a purchase for 3ds owners.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Koei is basically the first party for Vita now.

I have 32 Vita games and like 4 are Sony (Gravity Rush, Freedom Wars that @Blabadon tricked me into buying, Killzone and MLB The Show), and I have a lot more Koei, Bandai Namco, Falcom and Atlus stuff.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@dynamitecop: I found them through sales and secondhand from different sources. This is surprising that you of all people have not done the same.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By iandizion713

@jcrame10 said:
@iandizion713 said:

vita doesnt have enough to give it its own identity. i dont want to play uncharted, ratchet and clank, god of war, killzone or resistance on a handheld when i have a ps3 and a ps4. ps3 (and ps4 now even too) has plenty of RPGs too to where i dont feel im missing out on anything on a vita. and i just dont want to play games on a handheld anyways really as most of the ps community seems to agree given sales. vita doesnt give enough reason to purchase if you already own ps3/ps4

wii u is no better though most of the game/system sales are low compared to 3ds and its games. same situation wii u didnt have enough of an identity to warrant a purchase for 3ds owners.

You can really tell how much people dont care for Vita by looking at the software sales. I think most popular game barely broke 1million. Meanwhile on Wii U, Mario Kart 8 has sold 7.5 million even though theres a Mario Kart on 3DS that sold even better at 12 million. Thats how you know a console is loved, by the large amount of games its fanbase buys.

Mario Kart together, almost 20 million. Thats almost double the amount that even bought a Vita.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jcrame10

@iandizion713 said:
@jcrame10 said:
@iandizion713 said:

You can really tell how much people dont care for Vita by looking at the software sales. I think most popular game barely broke 1million. Meanwhile on Wii U, Mario Kart 8 has sold 7.5 million even though theirs a Mario Kart on 3DS that sold even better at 12 million. Thats how you know a console is loved, by the large amount of games its fanbase buys.

Mario Kart together, almost 20 million. Thats almost double the amount that even bought a Vita.

thats because mario kart is one of the biggest forms of brand identity for nintendo systems.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iandizion713

@jcrame10: You mean its one of the most fun games you can buy currently. Vita had plenty of brand identity, yet the sales of said games sucked.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I like how Square is doing the Persona Q thing with this, but i might get it when it's on sale.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jcrame10

@iandizion713 said:

@jcrame10: You mean its one of the most fun games you can buy currently. Vita had plenty of brand identity, yet the sales of said games sucked.

not really, mario kart has been around for decades and is branded with nintendo to practically everyone.

same thing with halo and xbox, gran turismo and playstation

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By iandizion713

@jcrame10: Ouch, no Gran Turismo on Vita, that hurts, would be nice to have support like that instead of abandonment. Just another reason Sony is so stupid.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jcrame10

@iandizion713 said:

@jcrame10: Ouch, no Gran Turismo on Vita, that hurts, would be nice to have support like that instead of abandonment. Just another reason Sony is so stupid.

gran turismo on handheld would be awful

most games arent simple enough for handhelds and would be gimped. not every game is like mario kart where all you pick is a a vehicle, a tire and a kite.