Should Sony drop the PS4 Prices? Cost the same as One X.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Poll Should Sony drop the PS4 Prices? Cost the same as One X. (34 votes)

Yes. 65%
No. 35%

Seems the 1X has been $ 399 for a while now while the Pro is also at $ 399 yet weaker and no 4K BDR.

Should Sony drop the prices of the PS4 Pro?

I did hear a few mention that the PS4 Pro is still getting good enough sales that's why Sony is letting it be priced high.

• 
rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2131 Posts

Sony has the so called "console sellers", so I'm sure that as long as sales are at the level they are happy with, there is no point in dropping the prices.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@rmpumper said:

Sony has the so called "console sellers", so I'm sure that as long as sales are at the level they are happy with, there is no point in dropping the prices.

Fair enough. They're probably capitalizing on it while they still can. Must be confident with the remaining PS5 lineup too.

Then again, maybe they might do official MSRP drops later this year, still a few events left to drop that news.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Ride the wave as long as possible

MosquitoBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 MosquitoBaby
Member since 2019 • 74 Posts

Lol. Unlike the Microsoft that needs to drop the Xbone to bargain bin prices in order to sell, the PS4 keeps selling like hotcakes. Your logic in pricing is inane. Why drop prices when you're making a huge profit?

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Demand is still high enough at the current price. No reason for a price drop right now.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@mosquitobaby said:

Lol. Unlike the Microsoft that needs to drop the Xbone to bargain bin prices in order to sell, the PS4 keeps selling like hotcakes. Your logic in pricing is inane. Why drop prices when you're making a huge profit?

Trying to figure out who's alt you are... Quacknight maybe? Or Recloud? Same person?

Lol.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

actually those special PS4 pro prices have gone up.

Look up the PS4 pro limited edition (i.e - Spiderman, Monster Hunter, 500 million editions). They have got way more expensive...

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Its still $399 USD? lol, it can be found cheaper in Australia, same for 1x.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I think that just says that the bone has less value than a ps4.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rzxv04

@mosquitobaby said:

I think that going for a more high volume, low margin model will edge out the competition stronger but you're right in what you're implying. It seems it's really selling well enough for them.

Like I also mentioned, it's also another reserved ammo (msrp drop) that can be used easily and as more of an impactful Sony news on events on/close to E3, GC, Pax, PSX, etc, this year., if Sony ever feels that they're running dry.

MosquitoBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MosquitoBaby
Member since 2019 • 74 Posts

@rzxv04 said:
@mosquitobaby said:

I think that going for a more high volume, low margin model will edge out the competition stronger but you're right in what you're implying. It seems it's really selling well enough for them.

Like I also mentioned, it's also another reserved ammo (msrp drop) that can be used easily and as more of an impactful Sony news on events on/close to E3, GC, Pax, PSX, etc, this year., if Sony ever feels that they're running dry.

Lol. Microsoft don't really care about big earings with the Xbox, they're the biggest company stock wise, but their focus is the cloud. I think they're using the Xbox for R&D. They're not losing money, but not making a lot either.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rzxv04

@mosquitobaby said:
@rzxv04 said:
@mosquitobaby said:

Lol. Microsoft don't really care about big earings with the Xbox, they're the biggest company stock wise, but their focus is the cloud. I think they're using the Xbox for R&D. They're not losing money, but not making a lot either.

Possibly. I do hope they stick around though. I like blockbuster budget games like Uncharted, Gears, Halo. That being said, at least MS has the easy flexibility of having to spread their works outside just the consoles.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

Right now, it's the Fallout 76 X1X bundle that's $399. All Xbox One's are currently $50 off (surprise, surprise). Obviously, MS bet the farm on that game and had too many of those bundles in circulation. LOL! But, yeah, I think Sony could come down on the price of Playstation again. Maybe $50 bucks overall. They could include a game too. Something they don't do in the US much anymore.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

If the Pro sells fine at $400 while Sony pockets a cool $100 per sale they should absolutely continue to do so until sales drop significantly for at least 3 months straight. Then they could reduce the price to spark sales again. Play Station is a risky business so Sony should take advantage of every opportunity to be profitable.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Trying to figure out who's alt you are... Quacknight maybe? Or Recloud? Same person?

Lol.

Someone who spells "Lose" as "Loose," which I do remember somebody doing pretty regularly. I just can't remember who it was.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

The best console now is the X1X when it comes to hardware.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

A glimpse into the future for PS5 compared to MS's anaconda for people who think a slightly more powerful system makes a difference in choice with inferior game selection.

Sony will drop the price of PS4/Pro either when they officially reveal PS5 later this year or when they launch PS5 in March 2020 so no worries for those concerned.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xhawk27

@boxrekt said:

A glimpse into the future for PS5 compared to MS's anaconda for people who think a slightly more powerful system makes a difference in choice with inferior game selection.

Sony will drop the price of PS4/Pro either when they officially reveal PS5 later this year or when they launch PS5 in March 2020 so no worries for those concerned.

So multiplats will look and perform better on Anaconda? So next gen all the studios MS bought will make inferior games? The Pro is weak hardware and should not be at the same price as superior hardware.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@xhawk27: the price of the pro remains high because it sells. Lems can only buy so many xbones to support their favourite company.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3045 Posts

@EG101: I wonder if that will last now that they've said PS5 will play PS4 games? Why would you not spend another $100 for the system that plays both... better?

Maybe I'm just speculating too much, and I know they haven't set a price yet, but it would blow my mind if the price was over $500 and just as crazy if it was $400.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xhawk27

@pdogg93 said:

@xhawk27: the price of the pro remains high because it sells. Lems can only buy so many xbones to support their favourite company.

Yeah right X1X is over 40% more poweful than the Pro and RDR2 proves that. This year when Gears 5 and Ori 2 are GOTY nominees I predict sales of Xbox consoles go up.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

Welcome to 2017..lol

@xhawk27 said:

So multiplats will look and perform better on Anaconda? So next gen all the studios MS bought will make inferior games? The Pro is weak hardware and should not be at the same price as superior hardware.

Where were you on 2013?

Or for most of this gen as well.

On 2013 the XBO was $100 more and considerable weaker.

After that for most of the gen the xbox one has been at the same price as the base PS4,while been considerably weak.

So again people analyse your arguments before spewing them you may bite your own ass.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xhawk27

@tormentos said:
@xhawk27 said:

Welcome to 2017..lol

@xhawk27 said:

Where were you on 2013?

Or for most of this gen as well.

On 2013 the XBO was $100 more and considerable weaker.

After that for most of the gen the xbox one has been at the same price as the base PS4,while been considerably weak.

So again people analyse your arguments before spewing them you may bite your own ass.

Having a melt down again about the X.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

They should definitely lower the price of the Pro, that PoS isn't selling as much as the PS4 Slim, Sony's actual bread and butter lead console for the uninformed causals.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#25 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Yup.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

Having a melt down again about the X.

No just pointing out your double standard as usual...lol

But but the Pro is weaker it should be cheaper..Hahahahaa welcome to this gen dude.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

Yes because when I get one I’d like it to be as cheap as possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lol.

Someone who spells "Lose" as "Loose," which I do remember somebody doing pretty regularly. I just can't remember who it was.

Might be blackballs alt as son of quacknight is already here again lol.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

The X is trash and a total flop.

Sony doesn't need to lower the price on the Pro because unlike the Xflop X it's actually selling lol.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

More like Microsoft should the price of the XboneX to it's true value of $99.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

PS Bore Poo, Dad of Bore, bunduru at $49.99 or bust!! :P

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7219 Posts

I would like to know the exact number of x's sold never going to happen though.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xhawk27

@son-goku7523 said:

Sony doesn't need to lower the price on the Pro because unlike the Xflop X it's actually selling lol.

So salty that X destroys the protato. LOL

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

My 1X bit the dust so I’m hoping for them to price drop that at E3.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@xhawk27 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

With what? Sales? Games?

? It's selling like shit and it's got no games. Even the base PS4 destroys you XFlop X.

Only hardcore delusional lems are buying that flop lol. MS is already talking about its replacement and it hasn't been out for even 2 years yet.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xhawk27

@son-goku7523 said:
@xhawk27 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

With what? Sales? Games?

? It's selling like shit and it's got no games. Even the base PS4 destroys you XFlop X.

Only hardcore delusional lems are buying that flop lol. MS is already talking about its replacement and it hasn't been out for even 2 years yet.

I hope you are not talking about Power or features because if you are.....

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@xhawk27 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@xhawk27 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

With what? Sales? Games?

Power and feature, is that the name of a game? Still waiting for an Xbox game to break the 69 barrier that isn't named Forza ?..

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By xhawk27

@son-goku7523 said:
@xhawk27 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@xhawk27 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

With what? Sales? Games?

Power and feature, is that the name of a game? Still waiting for an Xbox game to break the 69 barrier that isn't named for Forza ?..

Yeah when Gears 5 gets a better score than Days flop and Ori 2 is a 90+ game, I have a feeling you X haters are going to shut up.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@xhawk27 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@xhawk27 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

With what? Sales? Games?

Power and feature, is that the name of a game? Still waiting for an Xbox game to break the 69 barrier that isn't named for Forza ?..

Yeah when Gears 5 gets a better score than Days flop and Ori 2 is a 90+ game, I have a feeling you X haters are going to shut up.

? The same way last Gears was supposed to part the Red Sea and ended up scoring a 7/10?

Hopes and dreams, that's all you lems have left and a bunch of mediocre exclusives. Give up, it's been 6 years of mediocrity.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@son-goku7523: What about Forza Horizon 4, Cuphead, Ori and the Blind Forest, Sunset Overdrive, Ashen and Rare Replay though? I know that most aren't technically exclusives anymore, but still great games by the looks of it.

PS4 undoubtedly has the better exclusive games, and more of them. However, I don't think it's fair to say that the Xbox One has had six years of mediocrity.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@mandzilla said:

@son-goku7523: What about Forza Horizon 4, Cuphead, Ori and the Blind Forest, Sunset Overdrive, Ashen and Rare Replay though? I know that most aren't technically exclusives anymore, but still great games by the looks of it.

PS4 undoubtedly has the better exclusive games, and more of them. However, I don't think it's fair to say that the Xbox One has had six years of mediocrity.

Well, you have point. It's not all been mediocre, it has some gems but most of it has been mediocre and that's my point. MS needs to get their shit together when it comes to games. People buy consoles for AAA quality system sellers and MS has not delivered in that regard. Sony has delivered in spades and that's why they can sell well without the need of a pricedrop unlike MS.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rzxv04

@son-goku7523 said:
@mandzilla said:

Well, you have point. It's not all been mediocre, it has some gems but most of it has been mediocre and that's my point. MS needs to get their shit together when it comes to games. People buy consoles for AAA quality system sellers and MS has not delivered in that regard. Sony has delivered in spades and that's why they can sell well without the need of a pricedrop unlike MS.

They mostly need some time to cook for now. They've recently tried to invest into studios.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@rzxv04: “They mostly need some time to cook for now. They've recently tried to invest into studios.”

So what were they doing when they were, you know releasing a new console in 2013? Did they realize 5 years after the fact that they need decent games?

MS has always been a me-too chasing company. Their vision of what gaming should be has flopped so many times.

Additionally, they cannot properly manage projects. Releasing games unfinished and unpolished is embarrassing when the competition continuously outshines them.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rzxv04

@pdogg93 said:

@rzxv04: “They mostly need some time to cook for now. They've recently tried to invest into studios.”

So what were they doing when they were, you know releasing a new console in 2013? Did they realize 5 years after the fact that they need decent games?

MS has always been a me-too chasing company. Their vision of what gaming should be has flopped so many times.

Additionally, they cannot properly manage projects. Releasing games unfinished and unpolished is embarrassing when the competition continuously outshines them.

They made a huge mistake?

They probably want to invest more closer into next gen rather than go all out repairing reputation and being held back by their base machine.

While I prefer Sony games much more, I hope Gears 5 and Halo Infinite SP are decent. I want more big games but still relatively simple to play.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@xhawk27 said:
@pdogg93 said:

Yeah right X1X is over 40% more poweful than the Pro and RDR2 proves that. This year when Gears 5 and Ori 2 are GOTY nominees I predict sales of Xbox consoles go up.

X1X GPU has 42 percent higher TFLOPS FP32 with 100 percent higher pixel count when compared to PS4 Pro in RDR2.

X1X GPU has 45 percent higher memory bandwidth when compared to PS4 Pro. Higher memory bandwidth is dependant on high TFLOPS.

All X1X GPU improvements contributes to lowering frame render time.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Both are at the right price, but only for one more year.