should i trade my 360 for ps3? need help.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dominator194 (25 posts) -
I've had a 360 since launch (upgraded to a slim last year) and always loved it, but recently had a friend offer to trade his 120 gb ps3 slim 3 controllers,and skyrim for my 80gb 360 slim, one controller, and ac3 and 30$. First off, is this a Good deal? Second, is it worth switching? I mostly want a blu ray player and Can live without halo and gears but are there equally Good ps3 exclusives? killzone and resistance caught my eye but how do they compare? Also, everyone always says that psn is inferior to Xbox live which is why It's free. Is there any truth to that? Am I going to hate psn being used to xbl for six years?
#2 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -
I'm sure this is a legit topic.
#3 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -
go for it. Killzone and Resistance don't come anywhere close to matching up to Halo. Shooters overall on the PS3 kind of suck because the way the controller is designed. XBL is still better overall than PSN but PSN is a lot better than it used to be. i hated psn after years of using xbl. expect slower updates and a firmware update every few months. Also, some PS3 games require you to install them which takes about 10-15 minutes. PS+ is a pretty good deal though.
#4 Posted by Meeeper282 (1597 posts) -

Yes, they both suck but the PS3 sucks less.

#6 Posted by MSXBOX4EVER (604 posts) -

trade a 360 ... for a ps3?

Oh thank god! it's a level one guy. obviously an alt account.

you'd have to be some kind of weird, psycho, dirty, smelly, hippie, hipster, ugly, festering, backstabbing, jealous, stinky, faccile, moronic, stupid, idiotic, dumb-dumb of a cow to trade in the mighty xbox 360 for the *wait a trillion years for gran tuflopso 5* 'sony playstation 3'.

i want to take this opportunity to give a shout out two completely different and great guys on this forum. todd2r, and todd2r_partdeux. the only humans ever to figure out the ps3's only useful purpose ...

#7 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

you'd have to be some kind of weird, psycho, dirty, smelly, hippie, hipster, ugly, festering, backstabbing, jealous, stinky, faccile, moronic, stupid, idiotic, dumb-dumb of a cow to trade in the mighty xbox 360 for the *wait a trillion years for gran tuflopso 5* 'sony playstation 3'.

i want to take this opportunity to give a shout out two completely different and great guys on this forum. todd2r, and todd2r_partdeux. the only humans ever to figure out the ps3's only useful purpose ...

MSXBOX4EVER

-calls out poster as alt

-has 181 posts

- is level 11

-seems legit

#8 Posted by dominator194 (25 posts) -
What's different about the controller that makes shooters worse? anyone else agree with that? I installed all my Xbox games anyway so That's No big deal, same with updates, I'm relatively patient, but is the actual performance of psn worse? as far as lag or servers or things like that go?
#9 Posted by dominator194 (25 posts) -
sorry I don't know what you guys mean by alt account. I've only ever read these forums, never had an account or posted anything, still learning.
#11 Posted by Samus3D (1953 posts) -

Sell it for the Wii U. You're not going to regret it with all the announcments at E3.

#12 Posted by MSXBOX4EVER (604 posts) -

[QUOTE="MSXBOX4EVER"]

Jonwh18

-calls out poster as alt

-has 181 posts

- is level 11

-seems legit

You're the guy who set up the debates.

thanks for all your good work around here.

#13 Posted by 1080pOnly (2216 posts) -

It depends. Do you like movies?

#14 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

Trade the 360 in. There's nothing good about it. Bad games, bad controller and inferior online service.

#15 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

sorry I don't know what you guys mean by alt account. I've only ever read these forums, never had an account or posted anything, still learning.dominator194

Ignore the idiots, just keep posting. Enjoy the forums.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#16 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44848 posts) -

Yes. But first do me a favor.

Log out of your alt account. Post topic on your real account. Throw your comput out the winodw. Light it on fire. Cook on high heat for 20 min. Add fuel as needed. then go fvck yourself.

Jonwh18
Not going to lie, I lol'd.
#17 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5685 posts) -

i would do that , cause of free online, dont like the idea of paying MS to unlock half of my bought games (the multiplayer part)

#18 Posted by TheEroica (17279 posts) -

Log out of your alt account. Post topic on your real account. Throw your comput out the winodw. Light it on fire. Cook on high heat for 20 min. Add fuel as needed. then go fvck yourself.

Jonwh18
Havent laughed that hard on this forum in a while. :lol: thank you sir.
#19 Posted by TheEroica (17279 posts) -

Trade the 360 in. There's nothing good about it. Bad games, bad controller and inferior online service.

GamerwillzPS
And you call us idiots? Cmon man.... theres no credibility in your statement.
#20 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5685 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

TheEroica

thinking that every new user must be a alt account is very funny indeed , but that rude message not so much
#21 Posted by TheEroica (17279 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

AmnesiaHaze

thinking that every new user must be a alt account is very funny indeed , but that rude message not so much

Thats why i laughed... it just kept getting more rude the more i read... its nothing i would write to someone in those words, but i Laughed.
#22 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

AmnesiaHaze

I didn't find it funny either, just a rude post towards a new user.

Jonwh18 should be banned really. He's a disgrace to this community.

#23 Posted by Meeeper282 (1597 posts) -

AmnesiaHaze

Cat

#24 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Of course the PS3 is 256% a better deal than the 360. Only PSN+ obliterates any advantage the 360 had.
#25 Posted by PressXtoJump (1484 posts) -
go for it. Killzone and Resistance don't come anywhere close to matching up to Halo. Shooters overall on the PS3 kind of suck because the way the controller is designed. XBL is still better overall than PSN but PSN is a lot better than it used to be. i hated psn after years of using xbl. expect slower updates and a firmware update every few months. Also, some PS3 games require you to install them which takes about 10-15 minutes. PS+ is a pretty good deal though.mems_1224
theatricality and deception, powerful agents for the uninitiated.......but we are the initiated!
#26 Posted by CaptainAhab13 (5121 posts) -
You want a Blu-Ray player and some fantastic video games with a free online service, and a payable monthly option that is, in the end, a fantastic deal for gaming? Yes, go with the PS3.
#27 Posted by TheEroica (17279 posts) -
Of course the PS3 is 256% a better deal than the 360. Only PSN+ obliterates any advantage the 360 had.kuraimen
"But it isnt" -kuraimen
#28 Posted by RapidTurtle (342 posts) -

I sold my 360 for a PS3 two years ago. If you can live without Halo, in my opinion the PS3 is the much better value. That being said, I still haven't found a multiplayer game on the PS3 that is as good as the Halo series. The exclusives are great games though, and you would be able to pick up the Uncharted series, Killzone, Infamous, and some of the others on the cheap.

#29 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] Havent laughed that hard on this forum in a while. :lol: thank you sir.GamerwillzPS

the irony

#31 Posted by clone01 (27038 posts) -

Yes? No? I don't know.

#32 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"] thinking that every new user must be a alt account is very funny indeed , but that rude message not so muchJonwh18

the irony

Lol.
#33 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

You're expecting a serious answer?

#34 Posted by dominator194 (25 posts) -
Thank you to those that responded to the topic, what I'm gathering is that PlayStation has more/better exclusives none of which I've touched but have been looking into recently and am eager to try, I'm especially excited for the last of us. my only gripe is skyrim. I played through it at launch on 360 about 50+ hours, Did all factions and major quests then sold it telling myself I'd buy the goty when it came out, is there even going to be a skyrim goty for ps3? besides dark souls skyrim was my absolute favorite game so I know it's only one game but It's a big deal for me.