ChilledSheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ChilledSheep
Member since 2016 • 11 Posts

Hi I am new to this site :). So I brought the X1 one year after it's launch, I've been satisified with it for a while now...but since 5 months I just don't feel hyped to play it anymore and I have excellent games on that system(Fallout 4, Batman : Arkham Knight, Star Wars Battlefront etc.) And I am the type of guy who enjoys multiplayer gaming and having fun with different people, but on Xbox One the community in general is just...hostile(most of the time it's 14 year olds who keep trash talking at you or it's just immature racist adults) and it dosen't motivate me to play on X1.I had a Samsung Gaming Laptop but it stopped functioning 4 months ago :( and I've had it for 4 years. Whilse I was on PC I had loads of fun playing on it with free and awsome games (TF2, Rome Total War 2,Garry's Mod and more!) and I've encountered a lot of decent friends and people and I just felt I had a connection with them on Steam, it sure was awsome fun ! :D. So I am thinking of selling my X1 with 10 games ( COD : BO 3, Star Wars Battlefront, Fallout 4, Forza Horizon 2, Farcry 4, Farcry Primal, Wolfenstein The New Order, Minecraft, COD : AW and Batman : Arkham Knight) So I have 2 questions, Do you think what I am doing is foolish ? and if not How much would you buy my X1 with my 10 games in you're opinion ? Thank you for reading everything and taking the time to answer my question, it really is appreciated :).

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

You're better off posting this on either General Games Discussion, or System Wars.

Also welcome!

ChilledSheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ChilledSheep

@Sweetbackhair: Ok sorry I will do that :)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

First off, welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay and no one chases you off.

Second, be careful asking questions like this: you might start some massive debate where the fate of the world lies in the hands of who can argue the loudest (in other words, it can devolve into a System Wars type of topic...there thar be monsters). But you seem like you are asking innocently enough, so hopefully people will play nice :D

To answer your overall question, I would say go for PC*.

Why?

Well there are advantages and disadvantages to console or PC. A disadvantage of console, as you found out, is an immature and casual community. On PC, there tend to be a smaller community, but with more dedicated, mature players (though PC has its jerks, too). There are also a greater diversity of games on PC, and you really will not miss out on many exclusives, especially now that Microsoft has essentially said that Xbox One games will release on Windows 10.

To your specific questions:

1. No, not foolish at all. The toughest question is this: do you have the budget to build a modest rig? Don't be intimidated; a new PC (especially a self-built one) is not as expensive as it used to be and, depending on the PC you have now, it might be as simple as dropping in a 200+ dollar video card (which your Xbox sale should more than cover).

2. No idea how much a used Xbox One sells for. I saw a groupon for one that was 150 dollars; I'd start there, then maybe just price the games at 20 dollars each? Maybe sell the whole package for 200-400?

*I am biased; I enjoy console games much in good company or when at a friend's house, but game exclusively on PC at home

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

If you think the Xbox online community is bad I got bad news for you. PC gaming community is way worse and a lot more hostile generally. Some games have good, helpful communities but most of them in my experience have been God awful

Other than that though PC gaming is generally better.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Lot of bad apples online unfortunately it's just part of the online world, don't let those people impact your life, ignore/mute the trolls and keep an eye out for the cool cats. Good luck with your decision

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Personally if you can afford it I say go PC. I mean honestly and I love my Xbox one but most game on the xbox one are playable on the PC and you don't have to worry about paying for Xbox live. And this is comming from someone who enjoys and uses his Xbox one.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

If you think the Xbox online community is bad I got bad news for you. PC gaming community is way worse and a lot more hostile generally. Some games have good, helpful communities but most of them in my experience have been God awful

OP has already said that he's had a great experience with the multi-player community on Steam (it's one of the reasons he wants to sell his Xbox One), so he already knows you aren't being very fair in your estimation. :p

OP: It sounds like a good idea, given that you are already familiar with PC gmaing and what it entails. Xbox one games are coming to PC so you won't be missing out there, PC exclusives massively outnumber consoles anyway, and the range of games is all over the map, os it's not like you're going to ever be hurting for games.

The question is: what's your budget? See how much an xbox one + some games are selling on say, eBay. And see how much more can you cobble together for a nice PC.

I have had friends that have taken one of three paths:

- Spend the bare minimum - buy a decent mobo + low or mid end CPU + low end GPU for about $400-$500, then upgrade the GPU later on.

- Spend the sweet spot entry point of $600-$800 for a solid gaming machine.

- Spend $900-$1,200 for a high end machine.

I think you should shoot for path 1 or 2. Good luck, and when you have a budget you cna always ask for build advice in the PC forum.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Heil68  Online
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

Online is terrible on all services. I dont wear a mic unless I know people I'm playing with,

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Sell your Xbox One, Don't go for PC or NX, Go for PS 4 Neo. Trust me.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#11 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Do you like games? If so then yes.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

I love these stealth bashing threads.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Absolutely. If you can run an HDMI cord from your PC to your TV, then the XBox is obsolete.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44056 Posts

@Kruiz_Bathory said:

I love these stealth bashing threads.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

Keep it! I mean what is the value of it with the announcement of the X1S and Scorpio, $5.00? I'll give you $10.00 for it.

Oh, welcome to GS and the SW nation.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Very true and you even receive a public text if you annoy anyone. They'll ban you on PC for stupid reasons also. Personally i think the PSN community is the worst you see on the internet, that community threatens to rape and kill people. And when the Scorpio was announced the PSN community went on twitter ranting at MS executives. X box fans never do that.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 loe12k

@360ru13r said:

Personally if you can afford it I say go PC. I mean honestly and I love my Xbox one but most game on the xbox one are playable on the PC and you don't have to worry about paying for Xbox live. And this is comming from someone who enjoys and uses his Xbox one.

I have high end PC but i still buy an xbox as i prefer the controller experience for most games. I also think the social experience is far better implemented on console then PC.

rollermint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rollermint
Member since 2010 • 632 Posts

Well, with the PC you get the entire upcoming X1 exclusives and the entire PC library, which spans all the waaaaayyyyy back when.

So yeah, PC. PC is fucking dominant in 2016.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

If you want a gaming pc and all that comes with it then yes. If not get the Scorpio

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44056 Posts

Keep the X1 and buy a PC. When you buy a game on X1, the PC version is free so you can play on whichever system you want any time anywhere ....

MS for the gamers by the gamers and all that jazz. :P

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

I think you answered your own question. Get a PC. Personally the X1 doesn't make any sense to me. You should get a console because of what it offers that nothing else can offer and with the Xbox that's kind of a moot point now. At least the PS4 has still good exclusives.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

If you don't care about performance and graphics no don't sell it as the xbox one will continue to get most multiplatforms.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Considering a capable PC can now play all future Xbox One games, I would say it makes sense to go that route. Make sure you have enough to build a rig that is worth it though. Also, waiting to see what Zen brings to the table may not be a bad idea. Just my opinion.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By loe12k

MS is know longer fighting a console war with Sony. I think Xbox fans and more so Sony fans haven't fully accepted that yet. MS goal from now on is to sell software.

They may not even win the console war having the most powerful console on the market next year? I doubt they would even care. They only making the Scorpio to please those fans who want more power and want to stay playing their games on their console. They don't mind if you upgraded your PC because you have to purchase Window 10 eventually to keep playing their exclusives. Its a win win for MS even it may annoy the xbox hardcore fanbase.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

I'm sorry but it this bait thread or what? You're not going to get enough money selling your X1 to be able to build any kind of decent gaming PC. You'll get $150-200 at most and the last time I checked, you couldn't build half your PC for that much.

So far the only ones I see telling you to get rid of the Xbox are Sony fanboys. Sorry but this wasn't the place to create this thread.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

yes you get EVERYTHING xbox one has on PC and much more

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

Sell it, get a new 3ds xl, pc, or ps4.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@kingtito: Sony fanboys? Can you honestly list a single reason why xbox one is better than pc at this stage?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

Honestly, if you don't mind upgrading once in a while I see no reason not to.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

@kingtito: I don't think he's saying he'll buy a PC with only the money he gets back. I mean, if he is, he's in for a surprise.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

PC. It has games. Better value software. Got rid of my Xbox One for a Wii U and stayed with the PC and I'm very happy.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

To answer your question about selling your xbone and 10 games...I'd offer you $25. I think that's about fair for what xbone is worth now and taking a brick off your hands.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@chilledsheep said:

Hi I am new to this site :). So I brought the X1 one year after it's launch, I've been satisified with it for a while now...but since 5 months I just don't feel hyped to play it anymore and I have excellent games on that system(Fallout 4, Batman : Arkham Knight, Star Wars Battlefront etc.) And I am the type of guy who enjoys multiplayer gaming and having fun with different people, but on Xbox One the community in general is just...hostile(most of the time it's 14 year olds who keep trash talking at you or it's just immature racist adults) and it dosen't motivate me to play on X1.I had a Samsung Gaming Laptop but it stopped functioning 4 months ago :( and I've had it for 4 years. Whilse I was on PC I had loads of fun playing on it with free and awsome games (TF2, Rome Total War 2,Garry's Mod and more!) and I've encountered a lot of decent friends and people and I just felt I had a connection with them on Steam, it sure was awsome fun ! :D. So I am thinking of selling my X1 with 10 games ( COD : BO 3, Star Wars Battlefront, Fallout 4, Forza Horizon 2, Farcry 4, Farcry Primal, Wolfenstein The New Order, Minecraft, COD : AW and Batman : Arkham Knight) So I have 2 questions, Do you think what I am doing is foolish ? and if not How much would you buy my X1 with my 10 games in you're opinion ? Thank you for reading everything and taking the time to answer my question, it really is appreciated :).

You haven't posted your budget for buying a new PC. RX-480 8 GB is $229.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#34 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Troll thread identifies all the biggest cows on system wars. Doesn't disappoint.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Most people that go to PC don't go back, so of course.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Sure

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#37 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58911 Posts

Hold off for Scorpio, as it stands, pc gaming is a waste of time.

CVStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CVStar
Member since 2016 • 178 Posts

Pc. It has the entire steam library and now the entire future xboxone library. If you has to pick one, it is pretty obvious what has the best library, selection, and no monthly fee. Crossplatfirm games are coming to xboxone and pc. In fact ms biggest game this year supports it

Not to mentions pc has significantly more uses outside gaming.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kingtito

@putaspongeon said:

@kingtito: Sony fanboys? Can you honestly list a single reason why xbox one is better than pc at this stage?

And why does it have to be better? You have consoles for a reason and you honestly think selling the X1 is going to get him a gaming PC? He might as well keep the X1 since he won't get much for it. There really is no point in selling

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kingtito

@Chutebox said:

@kingtito: I don't think he's saying he'll buy a PC with only the money he gets back. I mean, if he is, he's in for a surprise.

I kind of figured that but the amount he'll get for a used X1 will be negligible towards a true gaming PC. I have a high end gaming PC yet there are certain games I prefer to play on my consoles. IMO keep it, save a tad bit longer and buy a PC.

ChilledSheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ChilledSheep
@spicymeatball27 said:

IF you even have a XB1 then keep it.U get butthurt over kids yelling at u online lol? I havent heard a little kid on the mic for a long time on XB1. Most have been adults on the mic, or alot of women playing on XB1 ( Xbox game clips is where u see whos who with mics & kool people) so i just add them & there u go. Or play with friends.

On PC u just will be rebuying the same games u have on XB1 so it makes no sense & u get 2 copys if u buy the XB1 Ver. PC has no exclusives since all the good ones went to consoles (Unless u want Sims 4 or sum F2P crap lol) like Overwatch & X-com 2 among many others like FEAR, Witcher 2,3 Crysis 1-3, DIablo 3, Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor 2, Neverwinter, Doom 3,4 etc etc

Instead of asking here why didnt u ask ur friends this question ( If u even have friends) or ur parents. So uh yeah keep the XB1

Thanks you've just proven my point, you probably must be an Xbox user since the response you just gave me is rather...salty.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kingtito

@chilledsheep said:
@spicymeatball27 said:

IF you even have a XB1 then keep it.U get butthurt over kids yelling at u online lol? I havent heard a little kid on the mic for a long time on XB1. Most have been adults on the mic, or alot of women playing on XB1 ( Xbox game clips is where u see whos who with mics & kool people) so i just add them & there u go. Or play with friends.

On PC u just will be rebuying the same games u have on XB1 so it makes no sense & u get 2 copys if u buy the XB1 Ver. PC has no exclusives since all the good ones went to consoles (Unless u want Sims 4 or sum F2P crap lol) like Overwatch & X-com 2 among many others like FEAR, Witcher 2,3 Crysis 1-3, DIablo 3, Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor 2, Neverwinter, Doom 3,4 etc etc

Instead of asking here why didnt u ask ur friends this question ( If u even have friends) or ur parents. So uh yeah keep the XB1

Thanks you've just proven my point, you probably must be an Xbox user since the response you just gave me is rather...salty.

And you've pretty much just been exposed as a troll fanboy.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

You probably won't get much for an Xbone at this point. Just build a PC and give the Xbone to a sibling or use it as a doorstop.

ChilledSheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ChilledSheep

Ok so most of the answers I read are decent (from the exception of a few annoyed PSN and Xbox fans) which I don't mind. And also I comprehend that a gaming PC isn't cheap....lol that would be great. The best gaming PC I can get worth of is about 1000 euros which is an amount of money I am determined to gather. And there is no way just by selling my X1 and my games with it I will get a good gaming PC it's just not realistic. So I have decided that I am going to sell my Xbox One and games and the money I will gather to search and buy for components on the Internet to create my own PC. The Samsung Gaming Laptop the one I had which stopped funtcioning 4 months ago (the Samsung Series 7 Gamer) which was worth 1400 euros when I bought it. And it was decent, here is it's hardware :

• Intel core_i7 Processor 2.3GHz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 1.5TB Hard Drive
  • 17.3-Inch Screen, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M
  • Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
  • Intel Core i7 Processor 3610QM 2.3GHz
  • 16 GB SO-DIMM RAM
  • 1.5TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
  • 17.3-Inch Screen; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M Graphics
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

If there are PC experts reading this, I would like to get similar pieces for my PC, are there any websites you recommend me looking at. Thanks :)

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Hold off for Scorpio, as it stands, pc gaming is a waste of time.

Even with how bad PC gaming is right now xbox scorpio / ps4 neo will still be way worse. The systems can't even play ps3/360 properly there just too weak there pointless.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kingtito

@chilledsheep said:

Ok so most of the answers I read are decent (from the exception of a few annoyed PSN and Xbox fans) which I don't mind. And also I comprehend that a gaming PC isn't cheap....lol that would be great. The best gaming PC I can get worth of is about 1000 euros which is an amount of money I am determined to gather. And there is no way just by selling my X1 and my games with it I will get a good gaming PC it's just not realistic. So I have decided that I am going to sell my Xbox One and games to search and buy for components on the Internet. The Samsung Gaming Laptop (the Samsung Series 7 Gamer) which was worth 1400 euros when I bought it. And it was decent, here is it's hardware :

• Intel core_i7 Processor 2.3GHz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 1.5TB Hard Drive
  • 17.3-Inch Screen, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M
  • Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
  • Intel Core i7 Processor 3610QM 2.3GHz
  • 16 GB SO-DIMM RAM
  • 1.5TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
  • 17.3-Inch Screen; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M Graphics
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

A gaming PC is a great thing to have but I think your mind was already made up before you made this thread and in the worst place to put it. This wasn't a legit question and advice seeking thread.

RekonMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RekonMeister
Member since 2016 • 784 Posts

PC gaming is Global Elite.

I am PC gaming, and the guy getting no scoped in palace is console.

Loading Video...

ChilledSheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ChilledSheep

@kingtito: Whatever you might think this isn't a troll or bait question....I honestly don't care about the war between consoles vs pc and or each other. I just wanted peoples opinion and well yeah you're right I guess I already knew the answer and should have thought about it a bit longer before starting this thread.