Should I get the 360 or no ????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
I have been saying the PS3 seems like the better deal because of Blu Ray and they have far less console issues .. However ..... the bundle that comes with Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forza 2 fo $350 seems like a great deal. I am just so dang nervous that it will break. If I invest my hard earned cash into a gaming system I will play for 10-20 hours a week I want it to work well and last a good while! I'm a fan of games on all systems, but the 360 does seem to have the best lineup of games overall. Is it worth it?? Or are there still too many breaking? Does it say on the box when the system was manufactured cause I hear the ons from November 2007 and newer run best ...
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JDW_games
Advice is appreciated cause I am thinking of getting one this weekend ....
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JDW_games
hmmmmm ?
ByFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ByFly
Member since 2006 • 1917 Posts

The new 360 consoles that have hdmi installed dont seem to break at all.. I would say go for it... but if you want blu ray instead you should get PS3...

Edit: As goes for games I prefer 360s lineup too.. it seems that you prefer 360s lineup soo why the hell would you go buy a ps3 if its not for blu ray...

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JDW_games
How do you know which ones have the HDMI ports? Is it only the Elite?
ByFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ByFly
Member since 2006 • 1917 Posts

How do you know which ones have the HDMI ports? Is it only the Elite?JDW_games

Its writtin on the box.. but the new premium bundles mostly have hdmi port..

ElementOfOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ElementOfOne
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
If all your worried about is it breaking then I'd say go for it. I think the newer ones break a lot less. Plus you are covered for RROD for 3 years. If it does break, as long as your entire life doesn't revolve around gaming, then its no big deal sending it off for a week or so to get fixed.
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JDW_games
Mabye I'll go for the Halo Edition with HDMI or the Elite bundle cause there have been far less complaints about these for sure, but I would just prefer to save $100 bucks and get the white model, I just want it to work!
qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
the plus side to the 360 is you dont have to wait for AAA games, but you will have to wait a month to get your 360 back from the rrod! LMAO FYI im on my launch system and never had a problem
glitchesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 glitchesofwar
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts

go for it m8.

good library and 3 year warranty make it a sound investment.

not really the best time to get PS3 atm. wait for it to build a good library (which it will)

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JDW_games
So if I were to buy a 360 at Best buy, can I get their replacement warranty PLUS Microsoft has their own?
Strongman98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Strongman98
Member since 2005 • 351 Posts
no you cant, hardware failures belong to microsoft
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
All versions including the $280 arcade have HDMI, don't handicap your gaming by just owning a single system though.
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JDW_games
no you cant, hardware failures belong to microsoftStrongman98
So Best Buy doesnt offer that now like they do on other electronics?
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JDW_games
Well I think I am gonna make the plunge and go for the 360. I want something I can play on my PC screen in the bedroom without buying a new TV.
Masterfubu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Masterfubu
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts
u should get a wii too its a great 2nd console plus Brawls is coming mariokart too
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

why is it a better deal for a gamer to have a blu ray player over games and xbl when purchasing a game console?

CiocioE1E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CiocioE1E
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts

if u have a wii and a ps3 already and you have extra cash to spend then go ahead and get it

getting a xbxo360 just means u got more games to play, the games may not be better than ps3 or wii but xbox 360 will give you more games to play no doubt about it

SkullboyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SkullboyX
Member since 2004 • 6407 Posts
If I invest my hard earned cash into a gaming system I will play for 10-20 hours a week I want it to work well and last a good while!JDW_games
If you get XBL you will be spending more than 10-20 hours on it.
Masterfubu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Masterfubu
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts
I have been saying the PS3 seems like the better deal because of Blu Ray and they have far less console issues .. However ..... the bundle that comes with Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forza 2 fo $350 seems like a great deal. I am just so dang nervous that it will break. If I invest my hard earned cash into a gaming system I will play for 10-20 hours a week I want it to work well and last a good while! I'm a fan of games on all systems, but the 360 does seem to have the best lineup of games overall. Is it worth it?? Or are there still too many breaking? Does it say on the box when the system was manufactured cause I hear the ons from November 2007 and newer run best ...JDW_games
well LIVE will cost you mony too dnt 4get tht xtra cost
MunkeySpunk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MunkeySpunk69
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts
yeah if you don't have one yet, go fo broke and get one of the really cool ones. Too bad i had mine when the halo and elite editions came out. I was sooo pissed. But just some reassurance. Not evrey 360 gets the RROD. i treated mine like crap for 2 years and have had no problems
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JDW_games
Ehhhh, I went to the store and looked at all the games, consoles, etc and I just couldn't do it. I still cant shake the thoughts of the 360 breaking down. I have my PS2 and I want to wait until next year and get a PS3. Im more of a Sony guy so I'm gonna wait just a few more months.
_koolgirl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 _koolgirl_
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts

So if I were to buy a 360 at Best buy, can I get their replacement warranty PLUS Microsoft has their own? JDW_games

This is the best thing you can do for yourself if you get one. If you don't mind spending an extra $60 or so bucks for peace of mind. We got the BB warranty for the last 360 we bought, haven't had to use it, but it's nice to know that if it breaks within 2 years, all we have to do is go trade it right in (we confirmed that they would let us keep our harddrive and just trade the console), instead of going 3 weeks without the console.

MS has a one year warranty on EVERYTHING, plus the 3 year on RROD. These of course are unaffected by your BB warranty, it's just nice to not have to wait.

360's lineup is pretty great and will only get better as long as they keep selling. You have some pretty good exclusives like Halo and Mass Effect, 90% of what PS3 is getting plus alot of PC multiplats that don't go to PS3 (Bioshock, Comand and Conquer, World in Conflict etc). Plus (at least right now) 360 usually gets the games earlier than the PS3 version. Sometimes it's 2 months, sometimes 6, just depends.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The new 360 consoles that have hdmi installed dont seem to break at all.. I would say go for it... but if you want blu ray instead you should get PS3...

Edit: As goes for games I prefer 360s lineup too.. it seems that you prefer 360s lineup soo why the hell would you go buy a ps3 if its not for blu ray...

ByFly

If You are convinced the PS3 has a brighter future.
unreal48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 unreal48
Member since 2007 • 580 Posts
i would say go for it man / enough said
ish_gibbor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#26 ish_gibbor
Member since 2004 • 1717 Posts

Find someone with a costco account. If it ever braks costco will replace it. They replace all their electronics.

If not then try to get a 3 year extendard warrent from whereever you do buy it.

wii_rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 wii_rocks
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts

get a 360.

Better games + less $ = better console

Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
If youre unsure then wait. Waiting a month or two more might get you a more reliable console, cheaper prices, more bundle options, etc. But if youre a gambling man or like playing lotto then get a 360 now.
Guitartod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Guitartod
Member since 2007 • 830 Posts

the plus side to the 360 is you dont have to wait for AAA games, but you will have to wait a month to get your 360 back from the rrod! LMAO FYI im on my launch system and never had a problemqbell

same here and it still works like a champ!

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

Ehhhh, I went to the store and looked at all the games, consoles, etc and I just couldn't do it. I still cant shake the thoughts of the 360 breaking down. I have my PS2 and I want to wait until next year and get a PS3. Im more of a Sony guy so I'm gonna wait just a few more months. JDW_games

Quit worrying, buy the freakin Xbox now and get a PS3 next year

Zenfoldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zenfoldor
Member since 2003 • 1775 Posts

My advice: Wait till they work the bugs out. By then, we'll see if the PS3 is a more sucessful system or not.

crispytheone88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 crispytheone88
Member since 2006 • 901 Posts

get it.

I love my 360, so many great games

if you want a Blu-Ray, just wait, like all technology before it, the price will drop to the point where a Blu-Ray player is affordable to the masses

colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 colmusterd28
Member since 2006 • 2854 Posts
At this point in the game there is absolutly no excuse to not own/will own an XBOX 360... Trust me my friend, You're holiday season will be very merry with the 360 under your tree... My favorite part is that you have soooo many quality used titles you can pick up for cheap... your library will be stacked with goodies in no time... You know what to do brother...
Zenfoldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zenfoldor
Member since 2003 • 1775 Posts

At this point in the game there is absolutly no excuse to not own/will own an XBOX 360... Trust me my friend, You're holiday season will be very merry with the 360 under your tree... My favorite part is that you have soooo many quality used titles you can pick up for cheap... your library will be stacked with goodies in no time... You know what to do brother...
colmusterd28

Assuming it works.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
personally I wouldn't but that is just me.
CiocioE1E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CiocioE1E
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts

u dont really need a 360 unless u want extra games to play if your tired of the best games on wii and ps3

insomnia37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 insomnia37
Member since 2004 • 1442 Posts
If you have a decent PC then NO, unless you have to absolutely play halo 3 or mass effect now and can't wait for it to be ported to the pc, just like all other so called exclusives for the xbox ( examples: Hale:ce, halo 2, fable, jade empire and gears of war)
lilnbashorty18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lilnbashorty18
Member since 2006 • 103 Posts
i believe u should get the ps3 because u dont have to keep paying for online and alot of games are coming out for it.. and wat u mean will it break the ps3 neva broke and if u dont trust it get a warrenty on it...my friend sent his 360 to get fixed three times already for not reading discs and stuf like that..plus u have blu-ray so u dont have to worry about buying the blu-ray player...but if u have friends that have the 360 get that it would be more funn and same thing goes for the ps3 hope this helps write back to me if u do decide to get a ps3..:)