Should I get a PS3 or 360? Already have 360 but thinking of change.

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
I've owned a PS3 before. I've owned a Wii before. I actually just sold my PS3 two months ago or so. I bought it last Black Friday and just never used it. For me, I only need one game system. I mostly just play sports games online and games that are multi-platform. I always just decide to get all games on one system, which is the 360. I don't play games enough that I'll be like "Wow I really want to play the Uncharted games. Let me play those" I'd rather play a different game. I was always fully committed to 360 though. Mostly because of XBL and how it is to be online with the friends list I have. I only had MLB The Show for PS3. I had Twisted Metal and didn't play it at all. At first I played MLB a lot but eventually I just didn't want to play it anymore. I like a lot of sports games better than baseball games to begin with (Fifa, NHL, Madden, The Bigs). I always liked the 360 controller better but I can get past that. Basically I've become real fed up with 360 and feel that PS3 gives you a much better value. Please read more about that http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29309081/i-have-a-big-issue-with-paying-for-xbox-live-multiple-xbox-in-my-household?msg_id=338566186#338566186 I would need to renew my subscription for 360 in January. That's another $40-$60 for the year. And then next year it's the same thing over again. When that is a game that I can basically enjoy for a year, rather than worry about that crap. I don't play online shooters or communicate through my headset as much as I used to. Sometimes I join a party with my one friend but it's not even like that is too often either. He has PS3 so I could still communicate with him if we wanted. I'll still have my old 360 hooked up too, I just won't play it as much or renew XBL. I was originally going to buy the new 360, because I have the old one that didn't include WiFi. I also need a new controller because I dropped mine the first day I had it and the RB button jammed in. So, I was going to buy 360 but the more I think of it I feel like I should just switch to Sony. They seem to give much more value to their customers (which I explain in several posts in my other thread). What do you all think I should do in my situation? Thanks
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Cue 30 pages of mindless trolling.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
You came to the right place.
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

You seem to prefer the PS3 because more than half of that post you are moaning about paying for XBL etc, so you answered your own question

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts
I think you should do what you want and not ask strangers to make a decision for you.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
I seriously doubt this is a real concern thread, feels like a trap considering TC other threads
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sonny360Elite
I'm not asking anyone to make my decision. I'm asking for others input. Is that idea so foreign to you? Wow..stay in school, kid.
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sonny360Elite
I traded in my Wii so I have a bunch of credit to use and was planning to use it on a new 360 but the more I thought about it the more I decided against it. I can't use it on Wii U and Wii U is much more expensive, probably not worth it to me right now for the games I play.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts
I think you should do what you want and not ask strangers to make a decision for you. doll94
On the other hand you should do exactly what we say... and see what happens.
doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 doll94
You want my input.. Stick with the 360. There you go. And school was over a long time ago friend.
doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 doll94
[QUOTE="doll94"]I think you should do what you want and not ask strangers to make a decision for you. TheEroica
On the other hand you should do exactly what we say... and see what happens.

If it involves suicide I think i'll pass.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#12 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Look at the overall system. The exclusives, PSN, multiplats etc....if you feel that it appeals to you then go ahead, if not don't do it. You already have a 360, you can already play 90% of the PS3's library. I don't recommend getting rid of it, just look at the PS3's exclusives and if you feel they warrent a purchase then buy it.

If you do sell your 360 for a PS3 you will have to rebuy most of your multipalts again. If you don't like paying for XBL then simply get a PS3, cancel your Gold, and buy yoru multiplayer games for PS3.

But only YOU can decide this, don't let fanboys on SW talk you into anything.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 doll94

Look at the overall system. The exclusives, PSN, multiplats etc....if you feel that it appeals to you then go ahead, if not don't do it. You already have a 360, you can already play 90% of the PS3's library. I don't recommend getting rid of it, just look at the PS3's exclusives and if you feel they warrent a purchase then buy it.

If you do sell your 360 for a PS3 you will have to rebuy most of your multipalts again. If you don't like paying for XBL then simply get a PS3, cancel your Gold, and buy yoru multiplayer games for PS3.

ShadowMoses900
This is the right answer.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
"I was always fully committed to 360 though. Mostly because of XBL and how it is to be online with the friends list I have. " Are your friends no longer a relevant factor? Also, why not just just spend zero extra and keep rocking the 360 you currently have? You know how many years of XBL it will take to even out to $270 or $280 for a PS3? You'll probably have moved on to the next gen long before you've saved any money by going for a PS3.
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
Its soo late in the generation to recommend a change (especially assuming your game library is predominantly 360 games).
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#16 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

doll94

This is the right answer.

Yep, basically he should leave this place, sit down and look at what the PS3 offers him, and then decide for himself.

I don't really see the point in getting the other system unless it's exclusives appeal to you, you can already play 90% of the same games on either system, most of those ports look and play identical so you won't notice a difference. So he should really look at the PS3 exclusives. If he doesn't like XBL he could just play online on PS3 but keep his SP games for his 360.

I wouldn't recommend him selling his Xbox, but I have no right to tell him what to do. Only he can make this decision.

RapidTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RapidTurtle
Member since 2010 • 344 Posts

I switched to PS3 from the 360 2 years ago. I also miss the 360 controller, although the dual shock is adequate, just not nearly as comfortable as the Xbox controller. I also didin't like the added exspense of paying for Xbox live. To me PSN seems just as good for its main purpose, which is online play. I still don't understand how Microsoft gets away with charging for Live when the other systems have free online play. The thing that I miss about the Xbox is the Halo series for its great multiplayer. I haven't found anything from Sony that even comes close to that experience.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sonny360Elite
I have to wonder how much some of you have actually read. I do not play SP games and I do not have a game library. I basically own NHL 13 and Gears of War 1 and 2 (just sold 3 for credit since I don't play it and won't play it anymore) I only really need one game in my library at a time, which is just sports games. I don't build up a collection, it wouldn't make sense when I just buy the latest sports games. I had Sleeping Dogs but sold it back after beating it because the one game I'll be playing is NHL 13 now. I never said I was considering even selling my 360. I said I would keep the 360 but just not pay for Live anymore. I would let it collect dust until probably the next Gears of War game. Buy all the games for PS3 and get online free. If I bought the 250GB 360 instead of the PS3 then I would have put my old 360 in the living room for Amazon Instant Video, DVD's, Netflix, etc. When I found out that you need an XBL Gold account just to use Amazon Instant video then I turned against buying the new 360 and started thinking of how PS3 does not charge anything for you to use those free services. You can buy a Roku player or Blu Ray player that can do those things for free. For some reason 360 requires you to be a paying member to their online service, which is utterly ridiculous. Now I'm thinking more of switching to PS3 and just keep the 360 collecting dust in my room until Gears of War comes out. Also, people are talking about the money factor for the new system vs paying for XBL. I already explained this... I traded in a Wii and got $120 in credit. $50 of that will need to be used on a new system or else it's worth it. So I'll get $50 off whatever system I buy. I can probably buy the PS3 for $80. That comes with BluRay and built in WiFi. 2 things I don't have right now. I'll also likely need to sign up for 2 years of XBL before I begin to consider buying a new next-gen console. So that's at least $80 for the Live right there. The 360 I have now is the old 60GB. I've gotten 2 Red Rings before and it sounds like a spaceship. The disc tray is also not the best. Sometimes it gets stuck. So, I'll basically need a new console sooner or later. So, I really need to decide which to buy, since I'm pretty sure I'll want to use that $50 off and get a newer console.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

and you have to ask? Basically this was Xbox's last year, the console has no future. Just look at their pathetic 2013 line-up of games compared to the PS3 which is just GODLIKE.

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
you came to the wrong place TC, if you wanna know if you should get the best system, you should go to its forums, the PS3
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
F*ck, not this sh*t again
TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

You're not big on SP games or having a game collection -- you also love sport games. This is going up against you wanting something to stream Netflix free of charge, having Blu-ray and built-in Wifi right? Honestly, if GEOW is the only 360 exclusive left coming out that you'd want to play, then it's pretty pointless to buy another --especially when you can play all the latest sports games on the PS3.

While the new 360 models do have built-in Wifi as well, you clearly don't seem too eager about paying for XBL at this point regardless, otherwise the whole paying for XBL to use Nextflix thing wouldn't even be an issue. So go with the PS3 -- the Nextbox is way too close to be buying a console with no real future beyond next year anyways.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sonny360Elite
I was going to post in PS3 originally but they'll usually all tell you to get one anyway. The reading comprehension here is terrible. People don't even know what they're responding to. It's like they think it's just a Q&A. SMH
xterizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xterizorz
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Buy A Gaming Pc Instead You Piece Of Sh### Stop Supporting Microsoft And Sony Support Valve You Get Cheap Games And You Get Way Better Life Like Graphics On The Pc And The Pc Has The Best Developer Support Consoles Lack Dev Support Hope I Helped Man :)
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

PS3. throw away that other garbage.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MonsieurX
Buy A Gaming Pc Instead You Piece Of Sh### Stop Supporting Microsoft And Sony Support Valve You Get Cheap Games And You Get Way Better Life Like Graphics On The Pc And The Pc Has The Best Developer Support Consoles Lack Dev Support Hope I Helped Man :) xterizorz
OrlY?
xterizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xterizorz
[QUOTE="xterizorz"]Buy A Gaming Pc Instead You Piece Of Sh### Stop Supporting Microsoft And Sony Support Valve You Get Cheap Games And You Get Way Better Life Like Graphics On The Pc And The Pc Has The Best Developer Support Consoles Lack Dev Support Hope I Helped Man :) MonsieurX
OrlY?

Yes You Can Sell Your Ps3 Or Xbox And Save Up For A Gaming Pc Your Not A Gamer If You Dont Game On The Pc Period.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="xterizorz"]Buy A Gaming Pc Instead You Piece Of Sh### Stop Supporting Microsoft And Sony Support Valve You Get Cheap Games And You Get Way Better Life Like Graphics On The Pc And The Pc Has The Best Developer Support Consoles Lack Dev Support Hope I Helped Man :) xterizorz
OrlY?

Yes You Can Sell Your Ps3 Or Xbox And Save Up For A Gaming Pc Your Not A Gamer If You Dont Game On The Pc Period.

WhY dO YoU TyPe LiKe A ReTaRd
Exxite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Exxite
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts

IMO buy a ps3. The xbox and ps3 will do almost all of the same stuff. Since they do almost all the same stuff and have almost the same games buy a ps3 on the off chance you may the bluray player which the xbox lacks.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MonsieurX

IMO buy a ps3. The xbox and ps3 will do almost all of the same stuff. Since they do almost all the same stuff and have almost the same games buy a ps3 on the off chance you may the bluray player which the xbox lacks.

Exxite
Buy a 40$ blu-ray player,problem solved
xterizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xterizorz
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="xterizorz"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] OrlY?

jelly cause i got the best graphics on dx11?
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

Get a dreamcast

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="xterizorz"] Yes You Can Sell Your Ps3 Or Xbox And Save Up For A Gaming Pc Your Not A Gamer If You Dont Game On The Pc Period.xterizorz

jelly cause i got the best graphics on dx11?

I have DX11,not jelly
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

I actually just sold my PS3 two months ago or so. I bought it last Black Friday and just never used it.

Basically I've become real fed up with 360 and feel that PS3 gives you a much better value.Sonny360Elite

:|

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts

360 is all ya need. The best damn online service on the planet that has dominated for over a decade. The power and innovation of Kinect. The greatest controller ever made. Plus the biggest blockbuster genre leading graphics king exclusives in the industry. You should feel bad and apologize to Mr. Gates and Major Nelson and the heroes at Microsoft for ever doubting the 360.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MonsieurX

360 is all ya need. The best damn online service on the planet that has dominated for over a decade. The power and innovation of Kinect. The greatest controller ever made. Plus the biggest blockbuster genre leading graphics king exclusives in the industry. You should feel bad and apologize to Mr. Gates and Major Nelson and the heroes at Microsoft for ever doubting the 360.

JohnnyCageMK
Who?
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

inb4 20 pages of Johnny and Pinaclegaming arguing.

My say: Get a Wii-U

Exxite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Exxite

[QUOTE="Exxite"]

MonsieurX

A bluray player ontop of a game console. Does that dirt cheap bluray player always upscale dvds, does it play movies streamed by your pc, does it do netflix, etc... Not everyone has a smart tv so some need players with other features. The more costly bluray players start nearing a game console's price.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Exxite"]

Exxite

A bluray player ontop of a game console. Does that dirt cheap bluray player always upscale dvds, does it play movies streamed by your pc, does it do netflix, etc... Not everyone has a smart tv so some need players with other features. The more costly bluray players start nearing a game console's price.

Seiki's blu-ray,cheap walmart brand does.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

For multiplats:-

1st priority = PC.
If you just want a console = 360.

Just stay away from PS3 for multiplats. But it's great for exclusives.

But you'll have to pay for online on 360. That makes the decision harder, I know. Don't let Microsoft take your money for nothing though.

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JohnnyCageMK

1st priority = PC.

But you'll have to pay for play online on 360. That makes the decision harder, I know. Don't let Microsoft take your money for nothing though.

GamerwillzPS

Gamerwillz admits 360 is the best console.

Exxite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Exxite

1st priority = PC.

But you'll have to pay for play online on 360. That makes the decision harder, I know. Don't let Microsoft take your money for nothing though.

GamerwillzPS

Most multiplats are on pc. There are a few ps3 exclusives like valkyria chronlicles you will never know about about even with a pc.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#44 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
You said that you have "become real fed up with the 360" so just go out and get a ps3.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

1st priority = PC.

JohnnyCageMK

For multiplats, it goes like this PC > 360 > PS3.

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JohnnyCageMK

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

1st priority = PC.

GamerwillzPS

It's ok William. Everyone is a lemming deep down inside.

Exxite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Exxite

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

1st priority = PC.

GamerwillzPS

I really don't know this so I hope you do. How many ps3 titles are on xbox 360 that are not on ps3.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

JohnnyCageMK

It's ok William. Everyone is a lemming deep down inside.

I'm just being logical. Not wearing fanboy goggles. If I'm a consolite who wants to play multiplats, Xbox 360 would be my main console.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

Exxite

I really don't know this so I hope you do. How many ps3 titles are on xbox 360 that are not on ps3.

Yes, there are some multiplats that are not on PS3. Some of them are console-exclusive such as Witcher 2 and some in the 360's headstart year.

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Exxite"]

please, if your not gonna troll properly whats the point