Should I buy a PS3 or xBox.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jamieslucky7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jamieslucky7
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts
I am planning on buying either a PS3 or XBOX 360. As long as both systems are decent for online gaming I'll be happy. Surely the PS3 isn't bad, just not as good as XBOX Live? I'll probably use it to play AVI movies I download. I'm not fussed about Blu-ray as I'm not planning on buying any Blu-rays. Games I'm interested in: Unchartered 2, GTA IV, MGS4, COD Modern Warfare 2, Forza 3, GT5. I guess that selection suggests I should go for the PS3. How do you see the 2 consoles in the future for games? Is the PS3 going to get better and better? Will the XBOX manage to stay with the PS3? Thanks for your input.
siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

Buy the Xbox first, as you are not fussed about Blu-Ray, then buy a PS3 soon after.

EDIT - Whoops, didn't see the games you are interested in. Get a PS3 First actually, then get the Xbox soon after.

Problem solved, Fanboy war averted.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

it depends how much money ioyou have, if you have more money get a 360 as while it costs money live is a more active and higher quality online the nPSN, however if you dont have much get the PS3, while true the online is slightly worse its still really good and the differences are minimal.

OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 OPuniverse
Member since 2009 • 1943 Posts

get a ps3 since most of the games u wanna play are on ps3. I'm sure that ps3 and 360 are head-on with each other, so whichever u pick will go well either way.

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

Depends on the controller you prefer for shooters.

siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

it depends how much money ioyou have, if you have more money get a 360 as while it costs money live is a more active and higher quality online the nPSN, however if you dont have much get the PS3, while true the online is slightly worse its still really good and the differences are minimal.

dragonfly110

I reckon looking at the games that he wants, he should get a PS3 anyway, as there are only a few in his wishlist that are available on 360.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

[QUOTE="dragonfly110"]

siddhu33

I reckon looking at the games that he wants, he should get a PS3 anyway, as there are only a few in his wishlist that are available on 360.

you do got a point there, I was basing my post off of what he put in the beginning about ow he wanted good online. But yea with those games he should definetly go for the PS3.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I read your OP three times.

It seems like you would like the PS3 better, however, both consoles are great. Judging fairly and honestly from analyzing your OP, the PS3 is a way to go.

Also, I would get a HDTV down the road, to enjoy whatever console you choose, and if that happens to be a PS3, you are in for a wonderful Blu Bonus and surprise.:)

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts

I prefer the 360 mostly for its bigger and (imo) better lineup

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I would say get the ps3, it already have great library of games and the future line up of games is just amazing + free online and blu-ray :). what more should i add.. get yourself a ps3 :)

mgkennedy5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 mgkennedy5
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
Well, buy the one you want the most games for, that's what it really comes down to
jamieslucky7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jamieslucky7
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

I would say get the ps3, it already have great library of games and the future line up of games is just amazing + free online and blu-ray :). what more should i add.. get yourself a ps3 :)

finalstar2007
Which games look amazing? There is no chance of me buying both. I prefer using a mouse for shooting games, but I'll be fine with either controller. I've heard the 360 controller is better (it looks it ergonomically) but that's pretty subjective. I have a HD TV (720p). I guess my main concern is whichever I choose will last me a good few years and have plenty of good games. I have also heard the PS3 hasn't fulfilled its potential GFX wise whereas developers are already getting the most out of the XBOX. About the online experience, MS or SONY update them all the time, so PSN in the future at least could be better than LIVE.
gtracer65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 gtracer65
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts

If you have more money, buy a ps3. free online, free wifi (if you use it)

If you want RRoD, Halo, and have less money, get a 360.

It's either an idiot who hates ps3, or genious who hates 360. you can own BOTH

ps3, however, has the better future for games

-MAG, Gran Turismo 5, ModNation Racers,Fairytale Fights + Ratchet and Clank 3(both in 2 days, same day), Heavy Rain, God of War 3, etc.

what does 360 have for next year, besides Halo Reach?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

jamieslucky7

Which games look amazing? There is no chance of me buying both. I prefer using a mouse for shooting games, but I'll be fine with either controller. I've heard the 360 controller is better (it looks it ergonomically) but that's pretty subjective. I have a HD TV (720p). I guess my main concern is whichever I choose will last me a good few years and have plenty of good games. I have also heard the PS3 hasn't fulfilled its potential GFX wise whereas developers are already getting the most out of the XBOX. About the online experience, MS or SONY update them all the time, so PSN in the future at least could be better than LIVE.

Indeed, PSN gets updated all the time and they get a lot of promotions like a sale for a couple of games or somtimes offer a game for free for a limited of time, good games like Uncharted series, god of war series, demon souls if you like RPG's, valkyria chronicles, final fantasy 13 which was developed on ps3 first, GT5 and many more, i say you should look at some of the games both consoles have and dicide tho personally i prefer the ps3 for its games, free online, sony alwaus updating their system, blu-ray, web browsing etc.

SirSiddy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#15 SirSiddy01
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts

Get a wii...lol kidding go for a ps3 if you're really intrested in the games you listed.

R_MAHIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 R_MAHIL
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts
going buy your list of games it would be ps3. but personally i would go for 360. better exclusives, better controller, better graphics for multiplats, better online.
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

Your games you are interested in suggest PS3, so yes, get a PS3.

gnr112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gnr112
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts
I've owned an xbox360 since it came out, and recently bought a ps3. Both systems have their own pros and cons. But I'd say pick the ps3 first since most of the games you want are on ps3. As for differences between these 2 consoles, I would definitely prefer ps3 over xbox360. Paying for xbox live, in my opinion, is ridiculous. However, I do think that xbox360 offers friendlier interface on every aspect, althought it might be because i'm too used to it. But yah, Ps3 definitely gives you more than xbox360 does for the same price. Free online gaming, wifi, bluetooth, blu-ray.... One interesting point someone mentioned that "depends on which controllers you prefer to play shooters", I think it's MUCH easier play shooters with xbox360 controller. But then again, you can always learn and get used to ps3 controllers. Conclusion, ps3 is the way to go!