Should God of War 3 be a AE or AAE game?

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

User Lists: 0

#51 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

This is a really stupid thread, for one the TCs bringing up an almost 6 year old interview and herp derping over what jaffe said even though he was only involved in the development of the first GOW.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Oh wow Yes it you be scored 6.5/10 C'mon son, it was a great game either way. Jaffe didnt feel like his game was great becuz he said that they had to take out alot of stuf they wanted to do, they had like 3 different endings, and they felt in a rush to get the game out. Jaffe is not going to lie and say his game will save gaming and bring it up to the next level, that GOW3 is in a legaue of it on, like most devs say. He is realistic, he doesnt ry to be a aristocratic dev, he just wants to make good fun games and he will be the first one to admitt/tell you wat is wrong with his game and why it went wrong. He never thinks hightly of him self (and no he doesnt do it just to be cool) cuz he started out from the bottom and doesnt think he is one of the elite devs out there. Jaffe didnt direct GOW3, all of the GOW games had different directors.
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

GoW 1 and 2 were great, 3 was still good it just felt like i had played it before , im ready for a new character with new weapons and new abilities in the next God of War.

DMC1 is one of the best games ever made, DMC2 is the worst sequel ever made, DMC4 is basically DMC1 with PS3 graphics and a grab attack, no innovation, half of a game, no where near the quality of the 1st game.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
[QUOTE="Warriorboy1990"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]GoW is overrated, boring and repetitive. i tried liking it more than it deserved, and it failed to appeal to me every single time. i'll go back to other, more enjoyable hack'n'slashes. like DMC for example.

DMC is overrated, it's boring and repetitive.

i used DMC as an example because TC brought it up.
KevinPlanet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 KevinPlanet
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts

All God of War's are better games than all of the Devil May Cry's.....stop being butthurt because your favorite game series got lower scores across the board

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Great game, not the best in the series but has great visuals and great set pieces that are hard forget. It's a 9.0 from me.The story is as deep as a puddle and it lacks a lot in that department compared to older GOW games. But it has the best Combat of all the GOW games, it was very tight

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts
[QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

No, it's a solid 9.0, I think. Good boss fights overall, fun enemies, fun to play.

It's brought down by an asinine ending and a combat system that's a little too simple for its own good, but it's a great game.

DarkLink77

Wow, did DarkLink just praise something?! :o :P

And a PS3 exclusive, no less. :o

Conspiracy Confirmed :o
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I loved every second of GoW3 ... It's simple story (Revenge) and it's simple gameplay, with over the top gore and some of the best if not the best graphics/Boss Fights this gen make it one of my all time favorites.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

dracolich55

He's in the christmas spirit :P

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

No, it's easily an AAA game.

Avatar image for Jack-o-Thompson
Jack-o-Thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jack-o-Thompson
Member since 2007 • 2166 Posts
They should have made titan mode the default difficulty, its weird that the medium difficulty mode doesn't require you to dodge that much and thats the setting most people played.
WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

I say it is an A game. It is the worst one made for a console.

I found Ninja Gaiden 2, Heavenly Sword, and Dante's Inferno much more enjoyable. NinJa Gaiden had better gameplay, Heavenly Sword playes different from the other hack n slash games, and Dante's Inferno has a fresher and more interesting story and basically the same gameplay.....but with better jumping. But all of these games are nothing complared to the beautiful and chaotic Bayonetta!

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="dracolich55"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] And a PS3 exclusive, no less. :oseanmcloughlin

or maybe... IT'S A PHONY DARKLINK.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#65 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Wow, is this thread sure dumb.

TC, a developer being humble is not the same as a game not being worthy of the score its recieved multiple times, from multiple sources.

Objectively speaking, God of War III kind of deserves AAA scoring.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 BrunoBRS

TC, a developer being humble is not the same as a game not being worthy of the score its recieved multiple times, from multiple sources.

SPYDER0416
a developer saying their game is overrated sure is worth wondering what is it that the devs see and the critics don't.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#68 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

BrunoBRS
a developer saying their game is overrated sure is worth wondering what is it that the devs see and the critics don't.

the thing is... david jaffe never said that. Did anyone watch the interview? The TC was literally making things up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

Diviniuz

the thing is... david jaffe never said that. Did anyone watch the interview? The TC was literally making things up.

Did anyone even see the upload date. It's from 2006. GOW III wasn't even made and was only in the notes development area. TC is really making up Sh!t. What about his interview after it released when he said it was amazing

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] a developer saying their game is overrated sure is worth wondering what is it that the devs see and the critics don't.seanmcloughlin

Did anyone even see the upload date. It's from 2006. GOW III wasn't even made and was only in the notes development area. TC is really making up Sh!t. What about his interview after it released when he said it was amazing

its also a year before gow 2 was released. This may be the worst attempt I have ever seen someone try to attack a series. The logic is god aweful.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

Diviniuz

What do you expect from someone that spells buy "by" :P. Seriously this thread is ridiculous lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"] the thing is... david jaffe never said that. Did anyone watch the interview? The TC was literally making things up. Diviniuz

its also a year before gow 2 was released. This may be the worst attempt I have ever seen someone try to attack a series. The logic is god aweful.

Even in the Description it says God of War 3. its very stupid lol

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="dracolich55"] Conspiracy Confirmed :oBrunoBRS

Yes, I have hijacked his account and will now use it to praise the PS3 and all of its games, thereby destroying his reputation! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! [spoiler] But for serious, that would be a lame ass plan. :| [/spoiler]
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts
The first God of War was great and God of War 2 was among my top PS2 games, God of War 3 suffered from the loss of David Jaffe, it shows, every boss fight in God of War 2 was like an ego grudge match, it'd start of something like "oh fallen God, not worthy to seek an audience with the sisters of fate, hah-hah"... and Kratos would all be like "your mamma smokes crack biatch" and it's on like Donkey Kong, whereas in God of War 3 you're basically fighting Titans and craps really boring, there's a boring ass Scorpion boss that comes out of nowhere, and there's absolutely no ego boost about fighting Hercules, I mean seriously the guy is so simple minded I almost feel bad for him... plus, despite the boss fightings being very lacking in quality, God of War 3 missed another essential ingredient in a good God of War title, and that's lots and lots of challenging filler combat between boss fights, something they completely forgot about in God of War 3. What's funny is people moaned and groaned about how like Dante's Inferno was a God of War clone and it did a better job copying God of War 2's essential components than God of War 3 did. I'd give God of War 3 a 6.5/10 and that's feeling generous, I'm also marking it down because of the God of War 3 audio issues Sony never confronted.
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Game was good for first playthrough but i couldn't even finish it on the second cause it was boring.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"] the thing is... david jaffe never said that. Did anyone watch the interview? The TC was literally making things up. Diviniuz

TC always trolls SW and off topic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

DarkLink77

Yes, I have hijacked his account and will now use it to praise the PS3 and all of its games, thereby destroying his reputation! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! [spoiler] But for serious, that would be a lame ass plan. :| [/spoiler]

glad you realise it would be set to fail lol :P

People have higher standards for you

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
Okay sipping hot chocolate. Quit the arguementum ad hominem. I openly admit in my OP that I mispelled buy (you can not edit polls). God of War is the highest rated on Gamerankings and Gamespot of the series. DMC3 is AAE Thus when David Jaffe says God of War is worse than the other games are too as they are lower rated than it. I love the damage control here when I openly admit to being a fan of God of War.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Diviniuz

Okay sipping hot chocolate. Quit the arguementum ad hominem. I openly admit in my OP that I mispelled buy (you can not edit polls). God of War is the highest rated on Gamerankings and Gamespot of the series. DMC3 is AAE Thus when David Jaffe says God of War is worse than the other games are too as they are lower rated than it. I love the damage control here when I openly admit to being a fan of God of War.Banjo_Kongfooie
how do you really not see how stupid your logic is?

seriously...

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

I didn't realize all this, but I guess its easy to try and be a troll if you just post a link and don't expect people to pay attention. I mean damn, it took people several pages to realize TC was dumb and didn't know what he was talking about on the video (which came out before even God of War 2), as well as the fact that even if it WAS a recent video, a developer being humble and praising other franchises doesn't speak about the quality of the game, just the good nature of the dev.

Kojima saying his series is amazing doesn't... well, MGS is pretty great, but if Kojima was humble or not it wouldn't change that. Plus Itagaki always treats his games like the best games ever and insults other series, and it doesn't make Dead or Alive any better then Tekken or Street Fighter.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Banjo_Kongfooie

Plus Itagaki always treats his games like the best games ever and insults other series, and it doesn't make Dead or Alive any better then Tekken or Street Fighter.

SPYDER0416

Dead or Alive 4 > Tekken 6

We are in the current generation not legacy days of Tekken 3.

If you go by the latest game

Dimmensions 7.5 > Hybrid 5.5

Itagaki has dirrected nothing but gold like his attitude or not.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Diviniuz
I am going to keep bumping so system wars can see this amazing thread
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"] its also a year before gow 2 was released. This may be the worst attempt I have ever seen someone try to attack a series. The logic is god aweful.

SPYDER0416

I didn't realize all this, but I guess its easy to try and be a troll if you just post a link and don't expect people to pay attention. I mean damn, it took people several pages to realize TC was dumb and didn't know what he was talking about on the video (which came out before even God of War 2), as well as the fact that even if it WAS a recent video, a developer being humble and praising other franchises doesn't speak about the quality of the game, just the good nature of the dev.

Kojima saying his series is amazing doesn't... well, MGS is pretty great, but if Kojima was humble or not it wouldn't change that. Plus Itagaki always treats his games like the best games ever and insults other series, and it doesn't make Dead or Alive any better then Tekken or Street Fighter.

Dead or Alive is better than Tekken. Street Fighter and DoA aren't comparable. And Ninja Gaiden Black is the single best hack n' slash ever made. Bayonetta and DMC3 come close, though. So much for that argument.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

[QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

No, it's a solid 9.0, I think. Good boss fights overall, fun enemies, fun to play.

It's brought down by an asinine ending and a combat system that's a little too simple for its own good, but it's a great game.

DarkLink77

It's a Chirstmas Miracle!

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]^ So insulting your own work is modest? Miyomoto and every other developer but David Jaffe are arrogant SOBs right? Your just upset that the 360's DMC collection (Probably superior on the 360) > God of War Collection DMC4 > God of War 3 Ninja Gaiden Black > Sigma Ninja Gaiden II > Sigma 2 Bayonetta > Ps3 version by far So it is pretty clear that the 360 has the edge in action adventure games via quality.Diviniuz

Holy crap, rewatch the interview and try not to sound like a complete moron. He did not insult his own work...

Congratulations, I can no longer take anything you post on this forums serious after this thread.

You are trying too hard and failling even harder.

You were taking him seriously before this thread?

xXShortroundXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 xXShortroundXx
Member since 2011 • 1807 Posts

I enjoyed the series and they progressively got better each game. But I think they all deserve a 8/10 rating. They aren't really special, they aren't replayable and the combat system isn't that deep.

They are fun for what they are though.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Banjo_Kongfooie

Dead or Alive is better than Tekken. Street Fighter and DoA aren't comparable. And Ninja Gaiden Black is the single best hack n' slash ever made. Bayonetta and DMC3 come close, though. So much for that argument.DarkLink77

I can endorse this view. DOA is a 3D fighter while SF is a 2D fighter as you say they are very different.

I agree that Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black are the best overall. DMC3 and Bayonetta have better combo systems imo but the gameplay is not as satisfying. I would put them above Ninja Gaiden 2.

The only thing God of War has that stands out to me were its extras especially in the first one as well as the graphics.

The extras were amazing (DVD like)and I wish more games had them (unfortunately with the 2nd one they just gave you a DVD which was cool but not as cool as the first imo.

I liked Ratchet and Clanks Going Commando's Insomniac museum more than God of War's extras though.

but I digress, I am not saying God of War is bad but that other games are better.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Diviniuz

I am not saying God of War is bad but that other games are better.

Banjo_Kongfooie

no you were saying david jaffe said things he never said. Thats what this thread was about. You literally made up things.

And the attempted to take the imaginary words you thought you heard to bash a series.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

AA. 8.5, to be precise. It's an excellent game (Incredible mechanics and design, amazing music, it's challenging on the harder difficulties, it's a pure rage and adrenaline rush, drop dead gorgeous visuals with state of the art graphics on consoles, and incredible boss fights with awe inducing scale, ect. ect.), but doesn't reach AAA status because frankly, there isn't enough content.

The story doesn't help it, either.

My other small gripe is that the camera can make platforming a bit irritating at times.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
I really like it and it deserved its AAA 9.0 Editors Choice award score.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#91 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
God of War 3 was a terrific experience--although it's short lived, and the longevity isn't there. I feel bad for the people who wasted $60 on it.
muzik_mafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#92 muzik_mafia
Member since 2009 • 1628 Posts

Robert De Niro doesn't watch his own films, he thinks they're boring.

Does that make them boring?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
my opinion > the creator opinion and my opinion is AAAE
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#95 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts
Ninja Gaiden is my preferred hack n slash. But GoW as a whole game is awesome. Combat wise NG, but whole game GoW. I tried Bayonetta, cant get into it. DMC, Dante bores me, and the games didnt grab me.
JakeMeltzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 JakeMeltzer
Member since 2011 • 243 Posts

I'm personally not a big fan of God of War III, but honestly I'm super picky. I can totally see why the critics loved it... it really deserves the 90+ metascore.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Whatever the review score was should stand. Scores are based on the standards reviewers use and not the words someone utters.

Edit: If I said my final exam was so chicken crap that I aced it, don't I still deserve my 4.0/A on that exam?

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#98 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Diviniuz- tc thinks Kojima is trying to make the world a better place with metal gear solid- just wanted you to know this

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#99 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

AAE at best, nothing near the masterpiece that was Gow 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#100 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
It's a great game :| Worst in the series, perhaps, yes, but it is an excellent game. Also, just so you know, David Jaffe had nothing to do with any God of War game after the first one.