Should God of War 3 be a AE or AAE game?

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

Sure it scored high on gamespot but when a developer admits the franchise he created is C-List and not better than DMC which 4 scored AA... That imo converts it to an AE.

He admits that his games Twisted Metal and God of War are average series that are overhyped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg0dxpBp85A&feature=related

I can not link but at 4:20

and can someone edit by into buy it will not let me fix that...

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
GoW is overrated, boring and repetitive. i tried liking it more than it deserved, and it failed to appeal to me every single time. i'll go back to other, more enjoyable hack'n'slashes. like DMC for example.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[citation needed]

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#4 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

imo yes it should.

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]GoW is overrated, boring and repetitive. i tried liking it more than it deserved, and it failed to appeal to me every single time. i'll go back to other, more enjoyable hack'n'slashes. like DMC for example.

DMC is overrated, it's boring and repetitive.
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

What is the point of all of this if the game is AAA and no matter what anyone says it will remain AAA forever.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

Huh? There's really nothing to discuss when a developer downplays his own creation.

But honestly, the only thing GOW does right is boss battles and puzzles. The input system is repetitive though, and the combo system is s**t.

ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

I don't know that's like people's opinions man~

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

I can't stand the GOW franchise. Barely beat the 1st one, started the second and after that first boss? Just went on to GOW3 and it took me 3 months to beat a 7 hour game. I'd give it at least give it AA based on production value.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

No, it's a solid 9.0, I think. Good boss fights overall, fun enemies, fun to play.

It's brought down by an asinine ending and a combat system that's a little too simple for its own good, but it's a great game.

ImSwordMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ImSwordMan
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

no

WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#12 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

The logic here is totally sound.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#13 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts

The series was better without Jaffe. GOW 2 is an amazing game.

EDIT: I just read what Jaffe said. I question the TC ability to read.

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

Nope its it AAAE for me.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

No, it's a solid 9.0, I think. Good boss fights overall, fun enemies, fun to play.

It's brought down by an asinine ending and a combat system that's a little too simple for its own good, but it's a great game.

DarkLink77

Wow, did DarkLink just praise something?! :o :P

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

UnrealLegend

Wow, did DarkLink just praise something?! :o :P

And a PS3 exclusive, no less. :o
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Banjo_Kongfooie

Diviniuz

I liked God of War 2's gameplay more but the story was a mess. Graphics were astounding for a ps2 game though.

But God of War is the highest rated of the series on gamespot. He made the series and admits the highest rated game in it is overrated.

mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

David Jaffe is a loudmouth and annoying person. His opinions mean nothing to me.

(never did care for GoW though)

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I adored God of War III, as well as the first (for the most part) and the second when I played them - they are not so good after you play number 3.

And whether or not Jaffe likes them doesn't change that they are still great games.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

I liked God of War 2's gameplay more but the story was a mess. Graphics were astounding for a ps2 game though.

But God of War is the highest rated of the series on gamespot. He made the series and admits the highest rated game in it is overrated.

god dude, I am sorry but you're an idiot.

You are trying way too hard to rip on the GoW series.

He said DMC > GOW in 2006... Before GOW 2 or 3 were out...And did you even watch the interview?

And your logic on AE thing is just a big facepalm. Like a super facepalm. This is logic is borderline PNF logic... thats how bad it is.

Edit: To further add to the fail of the TC logic

When did DMC 4 come out? 2008? Good God that is 2 years after he said this

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11120 Posts

GOW2 > DMC1 > GOW1 > GOW3 > DMC3 > any other hack n slash like Ninja Gaidens, other DMCs, other GOWs, Bayonetta ETC..

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Jaffe is humble, and GOW is fantastic.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

GOW2 > DMC1 > GOW1 > GOW3 > DMC3 > any other hack n slash like Ninja Gaidens, other DMCs, other GOWs, Bayonetta ETC..

Mozelleple112

lol I like GOW but putting it ahead of games like DMC, Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta is laughable

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Banjo_Kongfooie

Jaffe is horrible, and GOW is mediocre.

Pug-Nasty

Fixed.

Any dev who insults their own game they dirrected is a poor dirrector.

God of War is not a C- list game because of him. Who do you trust more the dirrector of the game or review sites?

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

Jaffe is horrible, and GOW is mediocre.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Fixed.

Any dev who insults their own game they dirrected is a poor dirrector.

God of War is not a C- list game because of him. Who do you trust more the dirrector of the game or review sites?

What the hell did you get out the interview to say any of that? Seriously child, rewatch the interview.

He clearly being modest. The guy is a massive fan of DMC, its what inspired him to make the series.

AND, All he said he doesn't think GoW1 fighting system isn't as good as DMC.... god dude, your trying too hard, its pathetic.

The logic you used in this thread is to bash the series is = to PNF logic. Its idiotic. This is literally the worst thing I can say about someone's logic ever.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Banjo_Kongfooie
^ So insulting your own work is modest? Miyomoto and every other developer but David Jaffe are arrogant SOBs right? Your just upset that the 360's DMC collection (Probably superior on the 360) > God of War Collection DMC4 > God of War 3 Ninja Gaiden Black > Sigma Ninja Gaiden II > Sigma 2 Bayonetta > Ps3 version by far So it is pretty clear that the 360 has the edge in action adventure games via quality.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Diviniuz

^ So insulting your own work is modest? Miyomoto and every other developer but David Jaffe are arrogant SOBs right? Your just upset that the 360's DMC collection (Probably superior on the 360) > God of War Collection DMC4 > God of War 3 Ninja Gaiden Black > Sigma Ninja Gaiden II > Sigma 2 Bayonetta > Ps3 version by far So it is pretty clear that the 360 has the edge in action adventure games via quality.Banjo_Kongfooie
Holy crap, rewatch the interview and try not to sound like a complete moron. He did not insult his own work...

Congratulations, I can no longer take anything you post on this forums serious after this thread.

You are trying too hard and failling even harder.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts
[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]^ So insulting your own work is modest? Miyomoto and every other developer but David Jaffe are arrogant SOBs right? Your just upset that the 360's DMC collection (Probably superior on the 360) > God of War Collection DMC4 > God of War 3 Ninja Gaiden Black > Sigma Ninja Gaiden II > Sigma 2 Bayonetta > Ps3 version by far So it is pretty clear that the 360 has the edge in action adventure games via quality.

name me an exclusive 360 hack and slash...... ninety nine nights? gtfo of here fanboy
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Banjo_Kongfooie

[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]^ So insulting your own work is modest? Miyomoto and every other developer but David Jaffe are arrogant SOBs right? Your just upset that the 360's DMC collection (Probably superior on the 360) > God of War Collection DMC4 > God of War 3 Ninja Gaiden Black > Sigma Ninja Gaiden II > Sigma 2 Bayonetta > Ps3 version by far So it is pretty clear that the 360 has the edge in action adventure games via quality.Chris_Williams
name me an exclusive 360 hack and slash...... ninety nine nights? gtfo of here fanboy

Ninja Blade... This is not about exclusives though.

The 360 has the superior multiplat of these games.

DMC was said by the creator of DMC to be better than God of War. 360 DMC collection most likely > PS3 version.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
GOW3 was the best in the series......but then again ur name is banjo so idk whether to take this thread as anything credible
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]^ So insulting your own work is modest? Miyomoto and every other developer but David Jaffe are arrogant SOBs right? Your just upset that the 360's DMC collection (Probably superior on the 360) > God of War Collection DMC4 > God of War 3 Ninja Gaiden Black > Sigma Ninja Gaiden II > Sigma 2 Bayonetta > Ps3 version by far So it is pretty clear that the 360 has the edge in action adventure games via quality.Banjo_Kongfooie

The 360 has the superior multiplat of these games.

DMC was said by the creator of DMC to be better than God of War. 360 DMC collection most likely > PS3 version.

He was clearly being modest considering the sentence before that he said "I don't think I am the sh**" and he didn't say DMC>GOW.... Hes talking about combat.

And dude just stop it, you are being ridiculously with this thread. Your logic is freaking terrible.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

GoW 3 deserves a 9.0. Awesome game with some issues.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Banjo_Kongfooie
You guys act as if 7 is bad. Skyward sword got a 7.5... Anyways I like God of War's presentation (loved the extras actually more than the 2nd games). The second god of war lacked in plot imo but the game had amazing graphics (can't believe it was on a ps2) and pretty great gameplay. I am just saying the creator said DMC3 is better. The 360 will most likely have the better version of the pinnacle of action games.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Diviniuz

You guys act as if 7 is bad.Banjo_Kongfooie
it never scored 7...And your logic used to say its 7 is beyond stupid.

I wish more people were on to watch the interview and talk about how stupid your logic really is.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Banjo_Kongfooie

NaveedLife

God of War got a AAAE score.

DMC3 got an AAE score.

David Jaffe says DMC3 is better. God of War 3 scores lower than the first ones. Thus God of War gets a 7.5 imo.

Actually it might be possible for God of War to score AAE since DMC3 got 8.6 and is better but David Jaffe never said how much better. I will change title.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

DMC3 got an AAE score.

David Jaffe says DMC3 is better. God of War 3 scores lower than the first ones. Thus God of War gets a 7.5 imo.

Actually it might be possible for God of War to score AAE since DMC3 got 8.6 and is better but David Jaffe never said how much better. I will change title.

I can't tell whether you are delusional or trolling. I really can't.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
I like it. Not a fan of beat'em up but this one was great. Deserves a 9 in mah book.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Diviniuz

I am done but please people watch the interview before posting because the TC is the definition of fail.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

DMC3 got an AAE score.

I scored them all a 9.0. I see pros and cons to each GoW. DMC3 I need to play. I played DMC2 first and loved it (this was a long time ago), but I hear its the worst one. Then I bought them all not long ago and played 1. 1 just gets old to me after a bit. And I canno tbeat this boss :P. I do wanna play 3 though, cause it looks awesome. I just like that GoW feels more like a story/adventure than a hack n slash mission game like DMC. I dont like getting a ranking and such. I am not into that. I am into a good story and epic adventure.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

DMC3 got an AAE score.

I scored them all a 9.0. I see pros and cons to each GoW. DMC3 I need to play. I played DMC2 first and loved it (this was a long time ago), but I hear its the worst one. Then I bought them all not long ago and played 1. 1 just gets old to me after a bit. And I canno tbeat this boss :P. I do wanna play 3 though, cause it looks awesome. I just like that GoW feels more like a story/adventure than a hack n slash mission game like DMC. I dont like getting a ranking and such. I am not into that. I am into a good story and epic adventure.

He never said DMC3 was a better game than GoW1
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts
Game got AAAE get over it
killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts

[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]You guys act as if 7 is bad.Diviniuz

it never scored 7...And your logic used to say its 7 is beyond stupid.

I wish more people were on to watch the interview and talk about how stupid your logic really is.

[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]^ So insulting your own work is modest? Miyomoto and every other developer but David Jaffe are arrogant SOBs right? Your just upset that the 360's DMC collection (Probably superior on the 360) > God of War Collection DMC4 > God of War 3 Ninja Gaiden Black > Sigma Ninja Gaiden II > Sigma 2 Bayonetta > Ps3 version by far So it is pretty clear that the 360 has the edge in action adventure games via quality.

Firstly, he said that he felt that DMC's combat system was better than God of War, which it may be, DOES NOT MAKE DMC a better game than God of War. Secondly, He was not the director of God of War 3. Thirdly, He didn't insult his work. All he said was that "he doesn't feel like he's the "s**t"" and that DMC's combat system was better. No where does he say, that God of War's combat system is bad. Here's an example: If an engineer at Ferrari says "I feel that the Enzo's engine is as good as the 458's" does NOT make the enzo INFERIOR to the 458 and additionally does not mean he is insulting the Enzo. Lastly, I think you're the one who's most upset at not getting to play one of the best action adventure series on your xbox while other people get to enjoy it on PS3. In conclusion, your argument is utter crap and completely illogical. :)
KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Maybe he thinks DMC3 should be a 10? That also works with your logic, no?

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#44 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

You mean the same guy that hypes up every God of War game before it releases? Suuuuuuuuuuure.

GIXX3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GIXX3R
Member since 2008 • 149 Posts

This thread is fail. The OP has misconstrued Jaffe's comment big time. On a sidenote, Jaffe only directed GoW1. He was not part of any other GoW game. GoW3 was directed by Stig Asmussen.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
It should be AAE. After 2, it was disappointing, and it did not even have the brilliant level design that 2 had. Still a good game, though.
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

Jaffe has already gone on record saying that DMC has the better combat system. The thing Jaffe fell in love with for God Of War was the mix of things. He didn't just want a fun combat system but he also wanted puzzles, a fun story, variety, platforming. The series isn't 100% hacknslash.

You think Streets Of Rage is considered a classic because it had the deepest and most complex combat system? no, it was just fun. Which is exactly what God Of War is... it's just fun, it has variety.

But anyways, no arguing with a fanboy. They have their feet cemented in place, they refuse to believe anything else. It's like trying to have a conversation about evolution with a creationist.

God Of War 3 was a fantastic game in my opinion. The ending was a bit strange and felt slightly rushed but overall a fun game, varied, great visuals, awesome boss battles and so on. AAAE in my view.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#48 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
The series isn't 100% hacknslash.contracts420
That would have been true four years ago. After God of War II, God of War removed the "Adventure" from "Action/Adventure." It's just a hack-n-slash series now. Chains of Olympus had no variety, God of War III had some, and Ghost of Sparta was a step in the right direction.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#49 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]^ So insulting your own work is modest? Miyomoto and every other developer but David Jaffe are arrogant SOBs right? Your just upset that the 360's DMC collection (Probably superior on the 360) > God of War Collection DMC4 > God of War 3 Ninja Gaiden Black > Sigma Ninja Gaiden II > Sigma 2 Bayonetta > Ps3 version by far So it is pretty clear that the 360 has the edge in action adventure games via quality.Banjo_Kongfooie

Ninja Blade is also on PC.

shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts
I loved it, though not the story though.