Should Epic Games resurrect Unreal?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

And i would kill for a sequel to Jazz Jackrabbit 2, which is one of the greatest 2D platformers that have ever existed.

That's what they should be making. Something like Rayman Origins in content and graphics.

Another-World

A PC-platformer lover! A man after my own heart. Speaking of relatively unknown but excellent shooter-platformers, you ever played Claw?

Yeah i did, tho i haven't replayed it in a long time. Indeed it is excellent but damn is it hard as hell later wen fighting some of the bosses.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

The question we should ask is why didnt EPIC continue supporting the Unreal series???

Unfortunately mp focused fps took a different path from when the Unreal series was at its best and most probably should Epic release a new title with that old-school feel (gameplay) it will probably not sell much... But lets hope i'm wrong and we see a new Unreal game, i wouldnt mind that frentic, action madness online :P

Another-World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Another-World
Member since 2011 • 784 Posts

[QUOTE="Another-World"][QUOTE="Lucianu"]

And i would kill for a sequel to Jazz Jackrabbit 2, which is one of the greatest 2D platformers that have ever existed.

That's what they should be making. Something like Rayman Origins in content and graphics.

Lucianu

A PC-platformer lover! A man after my own heart. Speaking of relatively unknown but excellent shooter-platformers, you ever played Claw?

Yeah i did, tho i haven't replayed it in a long time. Indeed it is excellent but damn is it hard as hell later wen fighting some of the bosses.

Yeah, I loved the boss fights, not only were they hard, they also had a lot of puzzle solving thrown in in addition to the platforming, like in the final boss fight.
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

I think having a pure old school FPS like quake live for example, is slightly to basic and the game isnt really a shooter anymore, its more of a mastering of different things such as jumps, weapon respawns etc that especially for a console, is just impossible.

As much as I love twitch shooters, I really find like when I play countrer strike, it still feels like a shooter, however with Quake live, you are required to be bouncing off the walls and I feel really disengaged from the game.

An example is bunny hopping or the surf maps in CSS, its still the same game, but the gameplay makes it feel completely different and it just isnt an FPS imo. Obviously people will dissagree, however I feel a marrage of a classic FPS with some modern elements could make for a really awesome game.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Hooo I enjoyed Unreal a lot back in the day. The visuals were amazing for its time. That being said UT99' was an amazing game, and so was UT04. Both still have players playing them. And Unreal Championship 2 was godamn awesome.