Should Crytek stop making games

  • 58 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for zeeshanhaider
#1 Posted by zeeshanhaider (5524 posts) -

They just released Warface and it looks beyond terrible from the looks of it. I was amazed by the launch trailer and then I saw the gameplay video of it with Cevat explaining Gface to Kevin VanOrd, and I was like WTF! First Ryse now this. They didn't make a good game after Warhead. Can't believe they are the same developer who made genre defining games like Far Cry and Crysis. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

So what do you think, should they stop making games? I believe yes, they should only concentrate on CryEngine and perhaps help other devs with their technical skills, that's all they remain good for.

Avatar image for campzor
#2 Edited by campzor (34932 posts) -

Yes.

Avatar image for Sweenix
#3 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

Avatar image for -Unreal-
#5 Posted by -Unreal- (24650 posts) -

The Crysis series is ok.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
#6 Posted by Gaming-Planet (19289 posts) -

They make great benchmarks.

Avatar image for zeeshanhaider
#7 Posted by zeeshanhaider (5524 posts) -

@-Unreal- said:

The Crysis series is ok.

You are out of your mind if you think Crysis series is okay. Only the original and Warhead were good, after that they only made crap.

Avatar image for SexyJazzCat
#8 Posted by SexyJazzCat (2784 posts) -

Why should they stop making games? Let them dish em out, they might just craft a gem.

Avatar image for kingcrimson24
#10 Posted by kingcrimson24 (824 posts) -

hey , RYSE looks awesome , its one of the reasons that doesn't let me jump to PS4

Avatar image for II_Seraphim_II
#11 Edited by II_Seraphim_II (20535 posts) -

They shouldnt be allowed to design games. They should be allowed to work on the technical aspects, but the art director, game director, level designer, writer and all that jazz needs to be handled by someone else. Pretty much, they either need to hire a lot of people with talent or merge with a company with talent.

Avatar image for KillzoneSnake
#12 Posted by KillzoneSnake (2378 posts) -

Yes i hope they stop but people will still buy their games so they wont. Crysis 3 was really bad and Ryse looks much worse.

Avatar image for always_explicit
#13 Posted by always_explicit (3379 posts) -

Ryse looks great, people need to ignore the stupid gifs and alpha builds and actually look at the game we are going to play in November, its looks really promising. Its to early to judge it based on gameplay but its a good looking game with nice art and decent voice acting. The devs have already clarified the QTE are not QTE's just screen prompts for slow cinematic kills and points and that they have been heavily reduced after feedback. I dont get what everyones problem is. I would rather play a game in a new and interesting setting than another FPS rehash.

Avatar image for zeeshanhaider
#14 Edited by zeeshanhaider (5524 posts) -

@II_Seraphim_II said:

They shouldnt be allowed to design games. They should be allowed to work on the technical aspects, but the art director, game director, level designer, writer and all that jazz needs to be handled by someone else. Pretty much, they either need to hire a lot of people with talent or merge with a company with talent.

That is exactly what I'm saying. They should only be managing the technical part. I think they can really help the indie devs with their technical skills and it will be a win-win for everyone.

Avatar image for FPSfan1985
#15 Posted by FPSfan1985 (2174 posts) -

I like Crysis, so yea I think they should.

Avatar image for PAL360
#16 Posted by PAL360 (29072 posts) -

No. They are not worse than many other devs in the market.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#17 Posted by foxhound_fox (97131 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

Crytek games are just eye candy.

You haven't played Crysis I take it?

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
#18 Edited by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

I kind of agree to an extend but not that they should stop making games, they just need to hire people who understand those bits more

Avatar image for drinkerofjuice
#19 Edited by drinkerofjuice (4567 posts) -

Someone should just usurp Cevat Yerli. They have the talent to make fine games, but probably not under that guys' direction. Not anymore at least.

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#20 Posted by StormyJoe (7637 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

They just released Warface and it looks beyond terrible from the looks of it. I was amazed by the launch trailer and then I saw the gameplay video of it with Cevat explaining Gface to Kevin VanOrd, and I was like WTF! First Ryse now this. They didn't make a good game after Warhead. Can't believe they are the same developer who made genre defining games like Far Cry and Crysis. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

So what do you think, should they stop making games? I believe yes, they should only concentrate on CryEngine and perhaps help other devs with their technical skills, that's all they remain good for.

You cows sure are jelly of Ryse - you never stfu about it! Seriously... how many sheep/lemmings/hermits make Killzone threads?

Avatar image for sukraj
#21 Posted by sukraj (27685 posts) -

Ryse looks promising and I cannot wait to play it next month.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#22 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Yes, they should focus on their engine and licensing it to devs. Their games are pretty crap these days

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#23 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

that 60/40 rule WORKS wounders for them....

Avatar image for 35cent
#24 Posted by 35cent (934 posts) -

I haven't played a game of theirs that I would describe as bad, nor have seen a game of theirs that looks bad (gameplay wise) so I think they shouldn't stop making games

Avatar image for lamprey263
#25 Posted by lamprey263 (35302 posts) -

Why? They have the Crysis series, and a pretty good game engine they're trying to get others to license.

Avatar image for Heil68
#26 Posted by Heil68 (58023 posts) -

They should just make tech demos because after Crysis 3 it's apparent they dont care about gameplay.

Avatar image for TheEroica
#27 Posted by TheEroica (17643 posts) -

I like how when a company makes an exclusive game for a platform they become public enemy #1 to the other factions... Keep making games crytek. Beginning of gen 8 for you starting with a promising new ip... Congrats.

Avatar image for telefanatic
#28 Posted by telefanatic (3008 posts) -

No i really enjoyed the original Crysis and Warhead, those two games made my jaw drop! They can still redeem them self's and come out with something fresh and engaging! Not that crap that was Crysis 2 and 3...

Avatar image for Heil68
#29 Posted by Heil68 (58023 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

I like how when a company makes an exclusive game for a platform they become public enemy #1 to the other factions... Keep making games crytek. Beginning of gen 8 for you starting with a promising new ip... Congrats.

That's not the case with me. I still LOVE insomniac, even though they are making a exclusive for the xbone.

Avatar image for Michael0134567
#30 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

No. Much worse developers out there.

Avatar image for Netret0120
#31 Posted by Netret0120 (3510 posts) -

They should be bought

Avatar image for timbers_WSU
#32 Edited by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

No but you should stop making threads.
If Ryse was a PS4 exclusive you guys would be praising it to high heaven.

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
#33 Posted by Sushiglutton (6885 posts) -

No, I think just developing an engine would be tough in the long run as you need to know how it works in practice and that is easier if you develop games in house.

Avatar image for Netherscourge
#34 Edited by Netherscourge (16364 posts) -

I liked the original Far Cry and Crysis 1. That's it.

Everything since then has been a tech demo.

Avatar image for NeonNinja
#35 Edited by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

why should they stop exactly?

Avatar image for Chutebox
#36 Posted by Chutebox (43598 posts) -

No, there are much worse than Crytek

Avatar image for xxgunslingerxx
#37 Posted by xxgunslingerxx (4275 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

Ryse looks great, people need to ignore the stupid gifs and alpha builds and actually look at the game we are going to play in November, its looks really promising. Its to early to judge it based on gameplay but its a good looking game with nice art and decent voice acting. The devs have already clarified the QTE are not QTE's just screen prompts for slow cinematic kills and points and that they have been heavily reduced after feedback. I dont get what everyones problem is. I would rather play a game in a new and interesting setting than another FPS rehash.

Dont lems hate on god of war for the same reason you are praising ryse?

ryse is just going to be worse version of god of war if even comparable at all

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#38 Edited by uninspiredcup (26778 posts) -

@NeonNinja said:

why should they stop exactly?

Because they make good graphics and good graphics must mean they are like a supermodel that is beautiful but devoid of personality. It's a cliche that must be true because other people said it (even though far cry and Crysis are two of the best shooters made).

Avatar image for Chutebox
#39 Edited by Chutebox (43598 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

Ryse looks great, people need to ignore the stupid gifs and alpha builds and actually look at the game we are going to play in November, its looks really promising. Its to early to judge it based on gameplay but its a good looking game with nice art and decent voice acting. The devs have already clarified the QTE are not QTE's just screen prompts for slow cinematic kills and points and that they have been heavily reduced after feedback. I dont get what everyones problem is. I would rather play a game in a new and interesting setting than another FPS rehash.

I honestly don't know what you're looking at. The gameplay looks boring as hell and clunky, at best.

Avatar image for Cyberdot
#40 Posted by Cyberdot (3928 posts) -

Yes. All of their games are garbage since Crysis Warhead.

Avatar image for Lumpy311
#41 Posted by Lumpy311 (2009 posts) -

No, they should just make PC exclusives like they used to, consolites don't want good games, they want more COD rehashes.

Not even real gamers.

Avatar image for Chutebox
#42 Posted by Chutebox (43598 posts) -

@Lumpy311 said:

No, they should just make PC exclusives like they used to, consolites don't want good games, they want more COD rehashes.

Not even real gamers.

Refreshing to get morons posting from different factions than just cows and lems.

Avatar image for I_can_haz
#43 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

They already stopped making games after Warhead. All they make now are tech demos for their latest engines.

Avatar image for WTA2k5
#44 Posted by WTA2k5 (3999 posts) -

@NeonNinja said:

why should they stop exactly?

Because I don't like them.

Avatar image for Salt_The_Fries
#45 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12480 posts) -

No, they shouldn't, they should quit being in cahoots with Electronic Arts instead.

Avatar image for darkangel115
#46 Edited by darkangel115 (4449 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider: 99% of F2P games are pure crap. but crysis, Far cry, Ryse all say no they shouldn't. but all companies should stop making F2P P2W type crap games

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#47 Posted by uninspiredcup (26778 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@Lumpy311 said:

No, they should just make PC exclusives like they used to, consolites don't want good games, they want more COD rehashes.

Not even real gamers.

Refreshing to get morons posting from different factions than just cows and lems.

But he's right.

Avatar image for usagi704
#48 Posted by usagi704 (2058 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

They make great benchmarks.

That pretty much says it all.

Avatar image for McStrongfast
#49 Posted by McStrongfast (4701 posts) -

You should stop making games.

Avatar image for FPSfan1985
#50 Edited by FPSfan1985 (2174 posts) -
@darkangel115 said:

@zeeshanhaider: 99% of F2P games are pure crap. but crysis, Far cry, Ryse all say no they shouldn't. but all companies should stop making F2P P2W type crap games

Thats BS. Planetside 2, League of Legends, Dota 2, Path of Exile, World of Tanks, Team Fortress 2, Warframe, and Smite just to name a few are all fantastic.