Shenmue 3 Gameplay revealed

#1 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10556 posts) -

Its looking good.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

Yikes

#3 Posted by gameofthering (11276 posts) -

Looks good, but I'll wait until it's on Steam.

#4 Posted by ProtossRushX (5700 posts) -
@gameofthering said:

I heard its going to the epic games store lol

#5 Posted by uninspiredcup (35065 posts) -

Looks pretty epic.

#6 Posted by Raining51 (1145 posts) -

#7 Posted by lundy86_4 (53856 posts) -

Fucking what? It's like Shenmue 3 released immediately after 2 lol.

#8 Posted by Random_Matt (4324 posts) -
@ProtossRushX said:
@gameofthering said:

You haven't heard? They have already said it will come to steam following all that backlash.

#9 Posted by ProtossRushX (5700 posts) -
@Random_Matt said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@gameofthering said:

You haven't heard? They have already said it will come to steam following all that backlash.

oh damn thats good news

#10 Posted by Ghost120x (5393 posts) -

Looks like it picked right off where the second game left off. I know that is going to be a turn off for some who just want to jump on the 3rd game without playing the others and ride the hype. I'm sort of glad they stuck to their guns and didn't try to follow trends and alter the game heavily. I will say they could have kept the heart of the game while still having better animations. There is no excuse for that.

#11 Edited by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

Even as a massive Shenmue fan i would never buy a PS4 for one game.

I will wait until the Xbox version is announced and if that doesnt happen, then Yu doesn't get my money.

#12 Posted by getyeryayasout (12532 posts) -

After watching those trailers, I don't think I can go back to Shenmue. The fighting looked okay, but the rest was not very appealing.

#13 Posted by xantufrog (11700 posts) -

@Random_Matt: where'd you hear that? I'm a backer and didn't get an update

#14 Posted by Renegade_Fury (20679 posts) -

@xantufrog: The only word that's going around is that the epic exclusivity is for one year, but that means nothing for backers because they're not giving out steam codes for us.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#15 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12947 posts) -

Holy shit that looks bad. What's funny is there will be clowns saying Rockstar games suck while praising this shovelware.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#16 Edited by SolidGame_basic (24468 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag: the difference is that Rockstar spends millions and millions of dollars to make a boring game while Shenmue is being developed on a kickstarter budget and is for the fans.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#17 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12947 posts) -
@SolidGame_basic said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: the difference is that Rockstar spends millions and millions of dollars to make a boring game while Shenmue is being developed on a kickstarter budget and is for the fans.

Boring games that are rated 97/100 and sell more than everything else? Seems like the majority are not bored by them.

Shenmue is literally the definition of boring. Its a crappy forklift/errand simulator that bombed so badly in sales it required having the creator beg fans to fund the final installment. If this game wasn't called Shenmue people would be comparing it to Big Rigs or Life of Black Tiger.

#18 Edited by VagrantSnow (377 posts) -

Looking good. Can't wait to play it on steam next year.

@xantufrog Deep Silver put it up on their FAQ page that it will be released on steam "in the future."

https://shenmue3.deepsilver.com/en.html#faq

#19 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10556 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Boring games that are rated 97/100 and sell more than everything else? Seems like the majority are not bored by them.

Shenmue is literally the definition of boring. Its a crappy forklift/errand simulator that bombed so badly in sales it required having the creator beg fans to fund the final installment. If this game wasn't called Shenmue people would be comparing it to Big Rigs or Life of Black Tiger.

Shenmue has better story and much better design than any of GTA game. none of GTA game has good gameplay mechanics and driving.

but yes game got 97 on metacritic. its best game ever despite its also most overrated series of all time.

#20 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10556 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

I will wait until the Xbox version is announced and if that doesnt happen, then Yu doesn't get my money.

Its not PS4 exclusive at all.

#21 Edited by uninspiredcup (35065 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Shenmue has better story and much better design than any of GTA game. none of GTA game has good gameplay mechanics and driving.

but yes game got 97 on metacritic. its best game ever despite its also most overrated series of all time.

Two different games. Shenmue is designed as a life-simulator and the old GTA3+ games (all I give a shit about) are designed to be arcade fun. In that regards they absolutely succeed.

GTA went downhill at San Andreas when bloat started to take effect with far more emphasis on being a life-simulator.

#22 Posted by SecretPolice (35358 posts) -

Dreamcast days = :D

Current days = Ewww that looks like a Bore which fits right in with PS Bore and cows. lol :P

#23 Posted by 2mrw (5870 posts) -

That shenmue vibe

Can't wait

I can totally see it flopping in terms of reviews but I dun gave a shit

#24 Edited by speedytimsi (980 posts) -
@Random_Matt said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@gameofthering said:

You forgot one word in that sentence.

Eventually

#25 Posted by Random_Matt (4324 posts) -
@speedytimsi said:
@Random_Matt said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@gameofthering said:

You forgot one word in that sentence.

Eventually

I know, lol.

#26 Posted by Jag85 (13637 posts) -

Looks and feels like it came straight out of the Dreamcast era... Just the way I like it.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
#27 Posted by ___gamemaster__ (2682 posts) -

it looks like a remaster version. not sure im hype though. may need to see more.

#28 Edited by nepu7supastar7 (5203 posts) -

Well for better or worse, it looks like a new, old game. Like it's going to play exactly like Shenmue 1 and 2. In other words, garbage.

#30 Posted by PC_Rocks (2569 posts) -

Okay, people backed this? Now I have no sympathies for you being screwed by Epic Store.

#31 Posted by Raining51 (1145 posts) -

Heres the thing... it's a an average adventuer game.

#32 Edited by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

Its not PS4 exclusive at all.

Where did I say it was? as of now there is no Xbox version and until there is Yu doesn't deserve or get my money.

#33 Posted by AJuiceMatts (59 posts) -

how long until this game comes out? This needs a metric crap ton of polish.

That footage looked ROUGH

#34 Posted by verbalfilth (5013 posts) -

I won't lie. This looks like pure garbage on a visual level. But I can't wait to play through it for a closure I have been waiting on for years.

#35 Posted by SecretPolice (35358 posts) -

This past Saturday I noticed Shen 1&2 offered on GP. Figured I'd try playing Shen1 for a little while just for nostalgia sake. My goodness I had no idea it would suck me in and I just kept playing. Sunday I finally got on the bus to the harbor but not looking forward to my job as a forklift operator. lol

But man the ooze of nostalgia and the game is so adorable I'll likely play through both 1 and 2 as a refresher and now unlike before thinking I may need a Shen 3 fix just because I'v been sitting in that cave where 2 ends for I dunno, a couple decades. :P

#36 Posted by uninspiredcup (35065 posts) -

Visuals look alright imo. Updated but not discording the original art-style.

Pretty sure this is what long-time fans would want.

#37 Posted by poptart (7264 posts) -

I see...

I'd only look at getting this if the pulled all the original voice actors in from the original game (the US version that is). And of course, they kept the same script writers as well. They don't make them like that anymore.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#38 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24468 posts) -

@SecretPolice: you love it!!

#39 Posted by cainetao11 (36844 posts) -

@lundy86_4: lol but it’s ok to look like the previous games.............in this instance lol

#40 Posted by cainetao11 (36844 posts) -

@getyeryayasout: right? This looks like nostalgia is a helluva drug.

#41 Posted by DaVillain- (38135 posts) -

Is this what the Backers back up for? And this is what people wanted on Steam? Epic can have this crap!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0a4c3876874
#42 Posted by deactivated-5d0a4c3876874 (180 posts) -

It's funny how old looking graphics has caught some by surprise. This is an AA open world game.

Graphics ain't important.(Only casual gamers care about this.)

@davillain- said:

Is this what the Backers back up for? And this is what people wanted on Steam? Epic can have this crap!

And yet you can't produce a better crap than this.

#43 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

It's always exciting to see a "deactivated-xxxxxxxxxxxx" account and trying to find who it was

#44 Posted by lundy86_4 (53856 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@lundy86_4: lol but it’s ok to look like the previous games.............in this instance lol

Oh God, i'm not even gonna touch on those graphics. It all around just seems dated.

#45 Posted by Pedro (35644 posts) -

Looks like a PS4 game.

#46 Posted by musicalmac (25028 posts) -

This is one of the weirdest reveals I've ever witnessed. To those of you who say it seems like it was released right after the sequel, you're right. lol

I'm still interested. My circle of friends still makes the "Ooooahhh" sound after drinking something, just like our hero above.

#47 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19846 posts) -
@musicalmac said:

This is one of the weirdest reveals I've ever witnessed. To those of you who say it seems like it was released right after the sequel, you're right. lol

I'm still interested. My circle of friends still makes the "Ooooahhh" sound after drinking something, just like our hero above.

Is the Epic Store available for Mac OS?

#48 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31608 posts) -

Quite ingenious in fact, make it look like it was released right after Shenmue II, so people looking at this series in the future will think it was released contiuously.

#49 Posted by musicalmac (25028 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: Yeah, that's where I play Subnautica. Ha.

#50 Posted by Heirren (2324 posts) -

Ill get it for switch